Desert Landspeeder with Finn (Jakku)

Reaction score
You're right! Just got back from seeing the movie again. Finally caught a glimpse of this speeder. And it's actually moving... unlike the Snowspeeder later in the film.

I think it's more like this one, a model that I saw at the Launch Bay at Disney's Hollywood Studios a few weeks back...

it's basically the same speeder just minus the launching missile play feature. I actually like the look of the speeder. it's one of my favorites.

Reaction score
i think this would look great with a helmetless stormtrooper finn piloting it instead of him in his under suit..

Reaction score
Now that we've seen that this isn't in the film, my desire for it has gone down slightly. Still need that Finn variation, and the speeder is kinda cool looking, reminiscent of a Jabba Skiff. Maybe I'll end up getting it.

Reaction score
Now that we've seen that this isn't in the film, my desire for it has gone down slightly. Still need that Finn variation, and the speeder is kinda cool looking, reminiscent of a Jabba Skiff. Maybe I'll end up getting it.
It was in the movie though. It drove by behind Rey as she pulls up to Nima outpost. Easy to miss, but more screentime than a few of the figures.

Reaction score
It was in the movie though. It drove by behind Rey as she pulls up to Nima outpost. Easy to miss, but more screentime than a few of the figures.
Really? Someone said that a few weeks back, and I still didn't see it upon my next viewing. And then with the packaging only saying "STAR WARS" and not "The Force Awakens" (like the other non-movie toys), I thought for sure it was just made up.

I'll have to check it out again, I guess. Seeing it again tomorrow for the first time since opening weekend! :D

Reaction score
Really? Someone said that a few weeks back, and I still didn't see it upon my next viewing. And then with the packaging only saying "STAR WARS" and not "The Force Awakens" (like the other non-movie toys), I thought for sure it was just made up.
It looks more like this in the movie... no big guns on it!

That's a small model they have on display at Launch Bay at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

If I recall, it moves by quickly from right to left as Rey is getting off her speeder when arriving at Nima Outpost.

Reaction score
It looks more like this in the movie... no big guns on it!

That's a small model they have on display at Launch Bay at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

If I recall, it moves by quickly from right to left as Rey is getting off her speeder when arriving at Nima Outpost.
If they released THAT version, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That's so cool looking.

Reaction score
If they released THAT version, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That's so cool looking.
Whatever that sculpt is in the photo it looks quite slick, i must admit. Maybe Hottoys will do a super sculpt of it if you're that keen on it:)

The only way i'll purchase the Hasbro version is if it goes on sale. Inflated prices in Australia make non-essentials a luxury.

Reaction score
I caught a glimpse of the actual one in the film when I saw it last night. So maybe I'll pick this one up.... :hmm:

Reaction score
Actually, now that I think of it, did this Speeder even play a part in the movie? I don't recall seeing it. Maybe it was in the deleted scenes.

Reaction score
Actually, now that I think of it, did this Speeder even play a part in the movie? I don't recall seeing it. Maybe it was in the deleted scenes.
No. It's possible the design came from the scene where Finn tries to get picked up by some scavengers in a speeder while he's wandering the desert. It's in the art book and in the novelization, but no idea if it was filmed.

Reaction score
I've heard that it is in the background when Rey first arrives at the outpost.

Reaction score
Yes, it is in the background speeding by in one shot. It is also in the Facebook Jakku 360 video.

But it didn't play any meaningful part in the story whatsoever. I imagine that it was the speeder that picked up (or sped by leaving him, depending on the version of the story) Finn that was cut.

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't see it either in any of my first 4 showings.
Then someone pointed out to me that it zooms passed in the back when Rey and BB-8 make it back to Niima Outpost. It looks more like the concept image someone posted earlier in this thread.

Reaction score
I'm really just interested in the Finn figure that comes with this vehicle. So, if anyone buys this for the vehicle and doesn't want that figure, p.m. me if you'd like to sell it :).

Reaction score
I don't usually buy vehicle packs, the exorbitant cost in Australia means I have to wait for sales before considering a purchase, but this is one i'll definitely buy if sales turn-up. Mainly just to get the alternative version of Finn as a figure, but also the actual quality of this vehicle, the overall sculpt and color-coding of it seem quite nice, the overall look is definitely better than the cheap&nasty "First Order Snowspeeder" vehicle.

Reaction score
If the vehicle wasn't over priced in the first place, i would have considered buying it.

Reaction score
I'm really just interested in the Finn figure that comes with this vehicle. So, if anyone buys this for the vehicle and doesn't want that figure, p.m. me if you'd like to sell it :).

ahh...if only you said it sooner. I posted mine on Ebay for $5 but there are bids on it so I can't even cancel it and sell it to you.

Reaction score
Yes, it is in the background speeding by in one shot. It is also in the Facebook Jakku 360 video.

But it didn't play any meaningful part in the story whatsoever. I imagine that it was the speeder that picked up (or sped by leaving him, depending on the version of the story) Finn that was cut.
I think you are right. I can't think of why Hasbro would design and produce a brand new vehicle that wasn't even in the movie. I think they pulled "The Force Awakens" label from the packaging once they realized the related scene had been cut from the film.

Reaction score
I think you are right. I can't think of why Hasbro would design and produce a brand new vehicle that wasn't even in the movie. I think they pulled "The Force Awakens" label from the packaging once they realized the related scene had been cut from the film.
Holla Holland gotta make dollah

Reaction score
This must have been slated to have a lot more airtime as my sons FA colouring book also has a page dedicated to the "Jakku Speeder". I think like most IP from these closely guarded movies we inevitably get designs and characters that don't make the final cut but by that stage the product is either out already or so much work has been done that they release it anyway..., I still think it's one of the cooler vehicles so I'm not complaining :)

Reaction score
Does anyone have a screenshot of this in the film? There has been a discussion this is in the scene when Rey and bb8 arrive at Nina outpost? Would love to see a screenshot of it, to see how it actually looks in the film so I can modify it. Thank u

Reaction score
I know what you mean. After buying one, I felt this urge to get a few more. It's such a universal design to use for anything.

Finn's head works for nondescript soldiers and officers in various factions. But only after a few, the rest will likely see an ebay lot or the trash.

Reaction score
Finn is wearing a stormtrooper /clone under suit, which could be of real use. That's probably what they wear to the mess or when in the med bay. A swab of fingernail polish remover will clean that sand off. Tosche Station Biggs also makes a nice imperial in casual dress with that white cadet jacket.

●●●●

Reaction score
MF, I wonder if one could have a repaint to a lighter skin tone and be passable? I bought two of the Jakku speeders off of Amazon and I'll probably keep one Finn as is and the other will become a custom 5POA.

NH, the under suit Finn is wearing isn't the same bodyglove that the OT Stormtroopers and PT Clones wear. But I know what you mean.

I really like the idea of making off duty Stormtroopers with him though. Like that unarmored clone trooper. The red uniform they wore in AOTC and TCW. And maybe have one in partial armor?

I can also see using one of the extra BS Rey cowls I have one him if the head doesn't look too small. I also have left over ghillie suits from 2000's GI Joes that can help turn him into a "new" background character. :{J

Reaction score
Finn's undersuit is also considered a body glove in the visual dictionary, but true it's not like the form fitting ones that we see in animation and illustrated material. Scout troopers get the slightly looser fitting look going no problems. I don't see there would be lot of difference personally.

●●●●

Reaction score
It's a shirt and pants so it's not a body glove. The VD is simply incorrect on that.

The standard ST's from the OT are wearing a bodyglove. So are the Clones in the PT and TCW.

The Scouts are just wearing a variant of the body glove and the armor that gives them more flexibility.

I can see this Finn figure being used to make armored or unarmored Scout Troopers.

I'm not into Disney's story/lore, but I can see First Order unarmored troopers being made from the Finn. That way you guys could have a mess hall or barracks diorama with both armored and unarmored FO ST's. :{J

Reaction score
Whatever works for you man . I'll go with the variant idea. I reckon they gave Finn that look so he wasn't running around in black spandex for the entire film.

●●●●

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I don't take the films as gospel and instead rely on the novels/sourcebooks for the true lore.

They must have made that decision when it came time to film. Finn in the body glove or Finn in a less obvious outfit. If it had been the BG it would be hard for him to pass as a Resistance soldier.

I think it would have been smarter to have him in the BG, meets Rey and explains about Poe. They search for him but don't find him. Finn gets spare clothes from the battlefield remnants that Rey scavenges from.

Makes more sense lore-wise and I think would have given them a better story and character development. :{J

Reaction score

Weatherproof underboots? I thought they were just white blundstone style t-boots that were slightly burnt. Guess I was wrong.

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I don't take the films as gospel and instead rely on the novels/sourcebooks for the true lore.

I think it would have been smarter to have him in the BG, meets Rey and explains about Poe. They search for him but don't find him. Finn gets spare clothes from the battlefield remnants that Rey scavenges from.

Makes more sense lore-wise and I think would have given them a better story and character development. :{J
I'd read either a fake spoiler or brief synopsis of the part of the film where Rey finds an injured stormtrooper and helps get him to safety. After experiencing the compassion of a complete stranger, it sways his decision to defect. Not sure if that would be better. I think your version is an improvement on the Abrams offering. You could be there all day hypothetically improving that movie though. Many things I would have changed, but it's easy to say I guess.

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 they say. As for the DK VD page: "Fierce devotion to newfound friends"? Looks more like 50th photoshoot boredom. :{J

Reaction score
I didn't like the gun much, so I blu-tacked Moroff's backpack onto the front of the speeder.
I like it better like this.