Desert Landspeeder with Finn (Jakku)

Law

Reaction score
It's too "Road Warrior." And, as someone else noted, too GI Joe. It just generally doesn't feel like it fits into the SW universe. And the Finn that comes with it looks like he should be on The Sopranos, with track suit. Hey, Finn, Mikey give you his collections yet this week?

Reaction score
No pics yet?

I really like this. It has a Star Wars feel to it. The gun on top really ruins this, removing it makes this vehicle look much better. Finn easily fits in as well.

Reaction score
So did you just remove the top turret and replace the middle cannon with it?
There are two turrets/cannons. The mini turret in the middle that is pictured and a cannon that would attach to the top.

I removed the top cannon and put the mini turret in its rightful place.

Reaction score
We would have also accepted "yes" as an answer.

Reaction score
We would have also accepted "yes" as an answer.
It was not a yes, it was a no.

The mini turret in the middle goes in the middle... in its rightful place, as in what the box and direction showed.

The top cannon I attached and it made the vehicle look pretty terrible. Removed it.

Reaction score
That is what he's asking. You moved the top turret to the bottom one's location. So "yes", "yes" you did.

Reaction score
You know, get rid of the turbines engines and install wheels. And you've got a great Mad Max vehicle! :grin:
Also see a hint of that 4 wheeled buggy from Star trek Nemesis. Many possibilities with this really, just isn't doing it for me in the SW realm.
Totally agree. It reminded me of that awful, awful NEMESIS vehicle, too. (Shades of the terrible concept/expanded universe Endor speeder from way back, too.)

Amazing how, in a vast, diverse galaxy, some of the various designs just feel so very "off." Haven't felt that way since the first Episode I toys came out, which also had designs that felt wrong for "Star Wars."

Reaction score
I like this, but it not being an "official" Force Awakens vehicle has kept me from buying. If it's still available in 6-12 months and about $10 cheaper I'll probably grab it.

Reaction score
I like this, but it not being an "official" Force Awakens vehicle has kept me from buying. If it's still available in 6-12 months and about $10 cheaper I'll probably grab it.
How do you know it is not official?

When Rey and Finn are running away from the Stormies in the trailer, I bet they escape in this speeder. Just a guess....

Reaction score
On the box you see Finn firing the cannon/laser Thing. Is Constable Ruvio driving? If not, who is driving in the box art Picture?

Thanks for posting a pic.

Reaction score
Totally agree. It reminded me of that awful, awful NEMESIS vehicle, too. (Shades of the terrible concept/expanded universe Endor speeder from way back, too.)

Amazing how, in a vast, diverse galaxy, some of the various designs just feel so very "off." Haven't felt that way since the first Episode I toys came out, which also had designs that felt wrong for "Star Wars."
Agreed. There are designs we are seeing in some of these toys that feel like they were cooked up by Hasbro designers (this speeder, the Snowtrooper speeder, the mini walker, that black trooper speeder), and some that feel fairly Star Wars (Rey's Speeder).

At this point, it's tough to tell what's actually in the film and what's just on the shelves to sell with the toys that are.

Reaction score
That's always the rub with this kinda thing. You know that they will release stuff not in the movie, but you of course don't want to miss out on anything IN the movie either. It's one reason I read spoilers for these and the Marvel movies. Which is pathetic, I know.

Reaction score
I was just looking at this today. And if you remove the "roll cage" and the nose, attach a different nose piece. And you've got a decent landspeeder of sorts.

Reaction score
I love the design of this one. I did not attach the missile-firing cannon or missile in the front, though.

Reaction score
How do you know it is not official?

When Rey and Finn are running away from the Stormies in the trailer, I bet they escape in this speeder. Just a guess....
It doesn't say The Force Awakens under the logo, which so far has meant an item is a previous era item (Y-Wing Bomber, Luke and Vader figures), or a Hasbro creation with TFA ties but not actually in the movie. It's them trying to add a little more product like mini rigs of the last few years, where we had the mini-walkers actually in TCW, then Hasbro's non-canon version of Yoda's ship, and the mini MTT with Battle Droid, etc.

i dont mind this speeder but I feel like Hasbro stayed a little too close to certain designs on some of these. I see a lot of the Freeco speeder mixed with the Barc speeder in this, plus some other random junk which might be in reference to it supposedly being from Jakku.

Reaction score
If I find this on clearance, I'll probably pick it up. If this isn't in the film, then I am happy to see Hasbro embrace just-off-Screen type vehicles like the original mini-rigs. Those were always fun.

Reaction score
It doesn't say The Force Awakens under the logo, which so far has meant an item is a previous era item (Y-Wing Bomber, Luke and Vader figures), or a Hasbro creation with TFA ties but not actually in the movie. It's them trying to add a little more product like mini rigs of the last few years, where we had the mini-walkers actually in TCW, then Hasbro's non-canon version of Yoda's ship, and the mini MTT with Battle Droid, etc.

i dont mind this speeder but I feel like Hasbro stayed a little too close to certain designs on some of these. I see a lot of the Freeco speeder mixed with the Barc speeder in this, plus some other random junk which might be in reference to it supposedly being from Jakku.
It is possible too that it could be in the background or was misinterpeted from a picture Hasbro was given and its was just a background element and not a speeder at all just a designer saw speeder and started designing it.

Reaction score
Finally saw this and when I picked up the box, it felt empty. Is this thing really that light?

Reaction score
I thought it was cool the desert speeder showed up! I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the scavengers in it, as the box art seems to depict them driving it (versus Finn, who it comes with.)

Reaction score
I thought it was cool the desert speeder showed up! I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the scavengers in it, as the box art seems to depict them driving it (versus Finn, who it comes with.)
I think you're right. Maybe Finn drives it at some Point, but if not, Hasbro probably figured it would sell better with a main character as opposed to some random thug.

Reaction score
Still odd that it doesnt have "TFA" on the box, though. Maybe it was supposed be in the film, then got cut or wasn't on screen and then was.

Reaction score
No pics yet?

I really like this. It has a Star Wars feel to it. The gun on top really ruins this, removing it makes this vehicle look much better. Finn easily fits in as well.

Does the whole front part and top (the silver stuff)come off? Folks have mentioned something here about this and the Snowspeeder that got me thinking. I need to look at the boxes and see if they say TFA...with JJ Abram's embargo on anything I'm becoming more and more convinced that these are NOT in the film and Hasbro put them out so that there was SOMETHING out there. I really don't get a SW vibe out of this speeder or the FO one to much.

Reaction score
Finally saw this and when I picked up the box, it felt empty. Is this thing really that light?
I'd imagine so. Judging from the pics of it, there really isn't much to it.

A larger box equals more perceived value.

Reaction score
But that video isn't movie footage...it's just animated tie-in crap. I'm not saying this isn't in the movie, just that this video isn't proof that it is. I clicked the link thinking it was shots from the film.

Reaction score
Kind of looks like its in Republic colours to me. I wouldn't mind using this with Jabba's enforcers or something.

Reaction score
On sale for $23 on Amazon. Picked up just to put my jakku thugs in.

Reaction score
I didn't see it in the movie, but it may have been in the novel. If there is a deleted scene of Poe wandering through the desert on the BluRay, it might be in that. I don't remember seeing the snow speeder in the movie either, but that is definitely in the book.

Reaction score
It's in the movie. As Rey is unloading BB-8 from her own speeder, this speeder races by in the background.

Reaction score
It's in the movie. As Rey is unloading BB-8 from her own speeder, this speeder races by in the background.
I didn't see it. Also, "The Force Awakens" is not on the packaging, a tell that the figure/vehicle is not from the film. Will have to see it again, but my bets are against finding it.

Just got this yesterday and it works well with the vintage Jabba guards.
Pretty much swore off getting this vehicle until I saw this. Now I'm having thinkers.
I mean, I guess they had the old Rebel transport vehicle back in the day that never showed up.

Reaction score
You're right! Just got back from seeing the movie again. Finally caught a glimpse of this speeder. And it's actually moving... unlike the Snowspeeder later in the film.

I think it's more like this one, a model that I saw at the Launch Bay at Disney's Hollywood Studios a few weeks back...

Reaction score
Just got this yesterday and it works well with the vintage Jabba guards.
Looks great with the Kenner figures. definite possibilities for Jabba's Palace or a background speeder in Mos Eisley. could also work with the Enforcer figure as well.