Denver Metro Area Finds - Episode VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: SW on sale

I found most of my jedi wave at Colfax/Wads Wal-mart. They got about 5 cases. I saw them in lesser numbers at a couple other walmarts, but not at Target

Reaction score

Has anyone seen any of the vintage wave 5 anywhere? gotta get yoda and the rest. too cool to pass up.

Reaction score

Havn't heard of them showing in CO yet -but I'm on the lookout. Can't pass on Luke, Han or R5.

Reaction score

FYI - I hit the jackpot in Greeley today. They had one case of the new Vintage line at Walmart today. Picked up the whole set. Surprising since usually Target in Greeley gets new stuff first, and Greeley in general gets every thing later than everyone else!

Keep your eyes open. They are starting to show up!

Reaction score

Patman4 said:
FYI - I hit the jackpot in Greeley today. They had one case of the new Vintage line at Walmart today.
Is this the mixed wave 5 or the AOTC wave?

Reaction score

Found the TRU Pilots set 1 of 2 at County Line TRU today. Kind of surprised set 2 of 2 was not there.

Reaction score

I understand from other collector sites that the AOTC wave (4) is being found at WalMart while the mixed wave (5) is being found at Target.

Reaction score

I also found those Rebel Pilot Endor sets at PM TRU yesterday. There were 3 left when I got there , 2 of set 1, 1 of set 2. Guess whoever got there before me wanted an extra of set 2. Too bad all my rewards $ expired before they showed up.

Reaction score

QuePaso said:
I also found those Rebel Pilot Endor sets at PM TRU yesterday. There were 3 left when I got there , 2 of set 1, 1 of set 2. Guess whoever got there before me wanted an extra of set 2. Too bad all my rewards $ expired before they showed up.
I assume you bought a set of 2? If so, I saw you walk up to the checkout lane near the returns desk while I was in line to return something. I saw the sets in your hand, so I left the returns line and immediately made a beeline for the SW aisle to find the one set left.

Reaction score

Yeah, that must've been me, just got the one set of 2.

They will hopefully get more in. I suspect the online shenanigans were just because people ordered them during the B2G1F sale. The way Geoffrey has been raising SW prices there, these will likely be $29.99 soon.

Reaction score

Does anyone know if the Vintage Wave 5 figures are just re-paints re-packaged in Vintage cardbacks? I'm tired of buying figures only to get home and see I already own them.

Reaction score

he_guy said:
Patman4 said:
FYI - I hit the jackpot in Greeley today. They had one case of the new Vintage line at Walmart today.
Is this the mixed wave 5 or the AOTC wave?
Sorry for the slow response. This was a mixed Wave 5. I got Tatooine Luke, R5-D4, Ceremonial Han, Yoda, Commander Gree, 212th Battalion Clone, and a few more (but can't remember what else off the top of my head).

Been checking regularly since haven't seen anything at two Walmarts or Target. It musta been a fluke!

Reaction score

The TRU Endor Pilot multi-packs are for sale online again at TRU.com. They show IN STOCK and allow you to actually buy them (unlike for the last two weeks where they showed in stock but there was no way to add them to your cart).

Reaction score

Fett413 said:
Does anyone know if the Vintage Wave 5 figures are just re-paints re-packaged in Vintage cardbacks? I'm tired of buying figures only to get home and see I already own them.
The Kit Fisto is a repack of the ROTS version I believe. AOTC Jango and the ESB Stormtrooper been retooled. The rest should be new figures.

Reaction score

Fett413 - contact me as I have stuff for you if you want it.

Reaction score

Stopped at TRU on Mississippi on the way home from work to check out the current sales. The GH on clearance are last year's CW waves with the red lettering, considered picking up another white clone w/ spider droid for $3, but we are really trying wrap up collecting GH and just go to 3 3/4 only.

One last two pack I am looking for is the Quinlan Vos/Bariss Offee set. They did have the other figures from this wave (Commandos, Palps, etc) at $6.99.

The 2fer sale is just for saga and CW, as the tags are labeled this way in store (not clear in ad of course). Not that they have anything newer than the ROTS Vintage wave anyway...

Reaction score

Found wave 5 at the Wally marts on 136th and I-25 and the one by that Bestbuy on 92nd and sheridan.
Each had plenty this morning. Those are the only walmarts i found them in, the others had the same old trash peg warming. Got all of them on mint cards. No sign of AOTC though.

Reaction score

Walmart is the place to be apparently because I found two cases of mixed Vintage Wave 5 in Walmart in Greeley today. The cards were beat up a little, but found some keepers and upgraded some that I had.

PM me if you want to buy or trade at cost. I'll have a trade string up shortly. But keep searching. They are turning up!

Reaction score

Caught up over the last couple days while in Utah. Got my wave 4 case from EE ... cool figures although the AOTC logo looks weird on the vintage-style cardback.

Found a complete set of wave 5 at a local Walmart in Park City on 2/3 (my birthday no less).

Hope the delayed Wedge shows up in another case than just the one listed on EE. Could prove difficult to get if he only ships with a case of previous releases.

Reaction score

Found Wave5 at Wads/Colfax WalMart today - had multiples of each when I left.

They also had plenty of the latest CW wave - the Cad Bane/Todo wave.

Has anyone spotted AOTC wave around? How about Endor pilot packs?

Reaction score

thanks to swjay for the heads-up on battle for endor at tru.com, i got a set of each. i haven't seen them in stores though.

WM in lafayette and flatirons didn't have anything new.

Reaction score

Saw the new CW wave (Hevy Clone Trooper, etc.) at Target (120th and Washington) a few minutes ago. Full set of 4 there for the picking.

Reaction score

Found the AOTC wave up at the Walmart on 128th and Holly. Still had some there this morning. I think they had 2 sets, I took one and left the Obi-wan and the second set. They also had about 2 sets of wave 5 as well. I have to say I think my favorite so far is the super battle droid. Looks great on the card.

Reaction score

All of vintage wave 4 (AOTC) except Senate Guard and all of Vintage Wave 5 (mixed) except ROTJ Luke on new cardback are in stock at HTS.com right now. Go fast and spend!

Reaction score

swjay said:
All of vintage wave 4 (AOTC) except Senate Guard and all of Vintage Wave 5 (mixed) except ROTJ Luke on new cardback are in stock at HTS.com right now. Go fast and spend!
Pardon my ignorance, but what is HTS.com? I get some internation textile company at that addy.

Reaction score

Patman4 said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is HTS.com? I get some internation textile company at that addy.
Sorry to confuse you ... HTS.com is a typical abbreviation for HasbroToyShop.com.

Reaction score

If you are not following the Toy Fair 2011 coverage, you should be

Hasbro Vintage Collection highlights
- 12 figures on REVENGE OF THE JEDI cards in August at standard retail. But you can get all 12 in a huge Death Star Collector Set at SDCC.
- EXPANDED UNIVERSE on vintage cards
- 2011 Mail-Away is the Concept white Boba Fett on a vintage card

Bonus announcement that the long lost Hasbro Raiders of the Lost Ark wave 5 set of 6 figures from 2008 will be available as a collector set at SDCC.

NICE!

Reaction score
Target

The Gartrell Target in Aurora has the remote controlled Hailfire Droid marked down to $48.95. Almost worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.