Denver Metro Area Finds - Episode VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Y-Wings

Found the new CW wave at Boulder's Target. Normally, I wouldn't care, since I haven't collected CW, but Boba and Embo were too cool to pass up (though I don't have even the slightest clue who Embo is). CW waves seem to move pretty quickly, but to be much easier to come by on release.

Reaction score

Has anyone seen any foil Boba Fett or Luke Dagobah figures? I haven't seen any anywhere North of Denver. Anyone?

Reaction score

Found the new Jedi wave today at Target. They still had a few left minus the Gammorean Guard and skiff guard.

Reaction score

Assembled 5 of the 7 vintage ROTJ figures from two different Targets (thanks to Stingcold for the tip on store #2). Still need the Admiral and Commando. I predict completing this wave tomorrow morning

Reaction score

swjay said:
Still need the Admiral and Commando. I predict completing this wave tomorrow morning
OK so it was in the afternoon
Couple cases worth at Target at Arapahoe and I-25. The Gam Guard is absolutely outstanding!

Nothing to be found at several Super Targets (except C-Mills per Nerf yesterday). Seems like the small and mid box Targets are stocking them first.

Reaction score

ROTJ wave found at Colfax/Wads Walmart today at noon.

I got some collector karma today. I had just grabbed the figures I wanted, some extras and 2 Gamorreans (which I hadnt seen before). A fellow collector comes up whicle I was looking through the figures and says he was going all over metro looking for Gamorrean and Embo wave. After some conversation I give him one of the Gamorreans I was holding, and he was very pleased. Hopefully he will come by here and say Hi.

Reaction score

Nice gesture Nerf ... like when collectors help each other out in the aisle.

Saw the Boba Fett CW wave at Target (Arapahoe and I-25) this morning.

Reaction score

Saw the new Wal*Mart exclusive Tie Bomber at the 136th and I-25 store this morning. They can take their $40 price tag and stuff it. Try my luck at clearance.

Reaction score

Wal-Mart is stingy with their clearancing. For months on end the Dewback was on discount for $30 -same as the regual price.

You can get cheap TIE Bombers on Ebay anyways.

Reaction score

How much was the original TIE Bomber in the window pack? Wasn't that about $35?

Reaction score

Found Klatuu and the Anakin/Darth Vader varient at the Northgleen Walmart. Nothing else though in the area.

Reaction score

Saw three new battle packs at Westy TRU yesterday afternoon (ROTS Utapau Assault, CW Jedi Showdown and the other CW one with the headress wearing Muftak character). Not sure if the names are totally correct.

Reaction score

theropod said:
How much was the original TIE Bomber in the window pack? Wasn't that about $35?
If I remember correctly, it was $30. But it was also a new vehicle back then. The prices of some of the re-issued vehicles (even if they have some improvements) have been ridiculous over the last couple years. Then again, most of them have been exclusives which adds a few bucks.

Reaction score

Gotta love it when new figures are relatively easy to find huh? I'm all caught up again. I really lucked out with the ROTJ wave, got 'em for $6 a piece at Wal Mart.

I still have a foil-carded Grievous if someone wants it. If not I will probably just open it since it's a pain to exchange it.

**Stingcold, sent you a PM reference the Maul exclusive, hit me back**

Reaction score

Found Embo today so I am finally caught up with that wave. Also found the Vintage Anakin with the 'Darth Vader' cardback. I had to have it.

The only thing on my radar right now is the next CW wave - Cato Parasitti, Draa, Undead Geonosian, Quinlan Vos.

Reaction score

Picked up the Vintage 9-pack at Target this morning. End cap display and featured in the Sunday ad. As long as Hasbro keeps churning out the vintage-themed packaging, I will keep buying!

Reaction score

swjay said:
Picked up the Vintage 9-pack at Target this morning. End cap display and featured in the Sunday ad. As long as Hasbro keeps churning out the vintage-themed packaging, I will keep buying!
Same here. Grabbed a mint one. I think they're totally fun.

Reaction score

My wife beat out this older dude to the SW aile at Target and snagged me a Ackbar Mint before he could grap it. We had our strategy, I went and got her Eclipse movie while she go scope out the SW section for me. Guys won't expect a woman to go right for that stuff first thing in the morning.

Reaction score

Check Kohl's for ROTJ figs. Found them all at the Kohl's in Thornton. The sticker says $10.99, but are on sale for $7.99...but I got them to price match without an add to target for $6 each. Only one I lift was the Luke as I just don't care for it without the cloak included.

Reaction score

Saw a huge amount of the two latest CW waves (Vos wave and Fett wave) at Wal*Mart (Lima and Arapahoe) this morning. Seeing them makes me almost wish I collected that line

Reaction score

Westy TRU had large quantities of the CW Fett and Vos waves this morning. At 2 for $10, sounds like time to run over there if you are missing those waves.

Reaction score

Forgot to mention that County Line TRU had some of the 2011 Star Wars Lego sets yesterday morning. Can't say I care much about any of the 2011 releases so far. Hopefully more OT and Prequel sets are coming. The CW sets do not do anything for me (barring a couple exceptions).

Reaction score

Still looking for a couple more Gams if anyone happens to see them around town. Ive only ever saw those two, one of which I gave away.

Edit: Hah, went out and found three. Now really truly all set for 2010.

Reaction score

Target end of year clearance has begun ... picked up the Vintage 9-pack for $24.98 (50% off) at 120th/Washington this morning. Several left on front facing endcap.

NICE!

Reaction score

Wow! Four weeks at full retail, and then clearing it out? I think the Hoth sets would disappear quickly at clearance, but I am guessing they will stick with those until spring.

Reaction score

Boulder's Target has the nine pack for half off ($25). Nothing else notable at all. The Hoth packs are gone, and there's no sign of new figures from any line.

Reaction score
Re: SW on sale

Picked up the last of the ESB 9 packs from Quincy and Buckley Target - not a bad price per figure, but what is a collector to do with an extra Lando, 4-LOM, etc? They still have some of the Cad Bane/IG-86 & Senate Commando sets left at half off.

Found the Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack at Ross on Havana and Parker last night - for anyone that failed to pick this up the 1st time, there were four left. These are really great versions of each character. They also had a bunch of Gelagrub sets - but I don't feel this is worth a purchase even at $11.99.

Reaction score

Been seeing Embo and Vos waves at Target the last few days.

We've officially hit the winter doldrums. Not much on the horizon.

Reaction score

Anyone get a great clearance deal on something Star Wars over the last couple weeks?

Reaction score

Never saw the Hoth packs after they hit 30% off, saw quite a few IG88/Cad Bane 2-packs at 50% off. Saw a couple 9-packs at $24.98 last week. Seems like things hit 75% off yesterday judging by the crowds of kids and moms in the clearance aisles.

Reaction score

Still looking for a clearance Hoth set to no avail. I'm not sure how all of you find these clearance deals (SWJay) but I have zero luck with these things. Oh well, I guess if I wanted something bad enough I would have paid full price right?

Reaction score

Both Targets on Arapahoe still had a couple of the Cad Bane / IG droid at 75% off yesterday which comes to $3.74. I had never picked up a Cad before, as I always assumed he'd be repacked or repainted or something - finally got one at that price.

The Target at Colorado & Alameda has the force trainer thing for 75% off, I think thats still $25 though.

Also, when/where did everyone pick up the Jedi wave? I have seen one Ackbar in the wild at a Target and that is it.

Reaction score

I got a Nine Pack at half off and a Hoth Attack at 30% off a couple weeks ago, as well as a Bane/IG-86 for 75% off. Here in Boulder, ROTJ hit pretty well, but sold through quickly. I saw Luke once, Gammorreans once (got two, though), R2 twice, and Wicket never. The commando's around a fair bit, and there are tons of Wooof and Ackbar around.

Status
Not open for further replies.