Denver Metro Area Finds - Episode VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Wal-Mart

Hit the Walmart at 72 and Sheridan yesterday. Picked up the Jabba. Only had 1 and no slot for him on the shelf.

Reaction score
Re: Wal-Mart

Picked up Jabba today at Parker & Chambers WM, Southlands was out on Sunday. They still have a 1st Day Issued Yarna (26 months later) in the clearance aisle for $4.50, maybe they should have rounded those things up and included them with the Jabba set as a bonus.

Reaction score
Titanium

Does anyone else collect Titanium vehicles? Big Lots at Hampden and Chambers has a good selection of the final wave, but the Mace Windu starfighter with Hyperspace Ring is not to be found.

If anyone sees these around town, or any Titaniums, I would totally appreciate a shout out. Thanks!

Reaction score
Re: Titanium

Looking for the following vintage wave 2 figures WITH THE FOIL TREATMENT ON THE CARDBACKS ...

Sidious
Grievous
Anakin
Sandtrooper

Cards and bubbles need to be in good shape. PM me if you can pick one or more of those up and/or stash them for me.

Thanks!

Reaction score

On a similar note, I need the foil UGH Darth Vader. If anyone comes across an extra that is in good shape and can meet up or stash it on the south side of town, please let me know! I'm not seeing 4-5 cases of each foil figure in every store I visit like most people on RS seem to be.

Reaction score

I've only seen WV 2 once and that was at that Walmart in Northglen. They had all the foils...but that was like 3 weeks ago. Haven't seen one WV 2 since. I'll keep my eye out though and let you know.

On a side note, does anyone know really when Target will be putting out the vintage Snowspeeder and Tiefighters?

Reaction score

ROTS wave at the Walmart up on 136th across from Lowes. They had one Magna, a fiol grevious the someone teared off the peg and ruined and a few Obi-Wan's and Anakins. They had a few clones as well, but I think all had bent up cards.

Reaction score

The 2010 Vintage Wave 2 FOIL HUNT is complete ...

Found the last four I was looking for (Grievous, Anakin, Sidious, Sandtrooper) this morning at the Grand Ave. Wal*Mart in Thornton. Nice cards ... nice bubbles ... nice way to start a Sunday.

Reaction score
Re: Clone wars

Found the three new Clone wars figures today, Ki-Adi, Flamethrower Trooper and Clone pilot at Kohls

Reaction score

Saw the new CW figures at Target at C-Mills today as well. Store also had Vintage Wave 2 all over the pegs (no foils).

On a Halloween note, both my boys are going to Star Wars route this year ... the older one is going to be Jango Fett and the younger one will back him up as a 501st Clone Trooper.

Reaction score

wal mart dot com has jabba in stock if anyone else is missing him.

Reaction score

Been seeing wave 2 vintage all over the place but no foils. Those must be getting snarfed first thing.

I hope all these SL, CW and Vintage pegwarming figures won't crowd out the goodies that are on deck for the rest of the year!

Reaction score

also, half a dozen jodo kasts at the Alameda & Broadway K Mart

Reaction score

QuePaso said:
Been seeing wave 2 vintage all over the place but no foils. Those must be getting snarfed first thing.
I think I read somewhere in these forums that there are Wave 2 cases shipping now that don't have foils in them.

Reaction score

In some ways I think the foils look worse than the regulars. That being said, I think I have most of them now.

Finished off the Ki Adi Mundi wave yesterday. I think I want the Arc Troopers Battlepack and then I am caught up.

Reaction score

Not a Denver find, but in Fort Collins today I found the three Walmart exclusive 'Malevelence' 2 packs, and Plo Koons fighter. They were still in the shipping boxes and not on the shelves yet, so they are just coming out. Also found Foil Clone Trooper and Foil Sidious.

Keep your eyes out at Walmarts for em!

Reaction score

Patman4 said:
Not a Denver find, but in Fort Collins today I found the three Walmart exclusive 'Malevelence' 2 packs, and Plo Koons fighter. They were still in the shipping boxes and not on the shelves yet, so they are just coming out. Also found Foil Clone Trooper and Foil Sidious.

Keep your eyes out at Walmarts for em!
Sorry, that was supposed to read "Walmart Exclusive Kit Fisto's fighter", not Plo Koon's. And sorry about the mis-spelled 'malevolence'. I hate when I do that.

Reaction score

Saw the new Target "endcap" display of SW goodness at the 144th/I-25 store this morning. Had a few new items including CW 2-packs (blue guards and Cad Bane/IG-86), new 2010 Geonosis 2-packs and the Lego Cad Bane Speeder as well as new CW battle packs.

However, the vintage boxed Snowspeeder and Tie Fighter and the two Hoth deluxe sets that were said to be a part of this display were nowhere to be seen (no shelf tag within the display either). Price scanner showed no stock in store yet. Hmmm ....

Reaction score

Swimming in Target exclusives ...

At the 144th/I-25 store, this morning I found and bought ...

- Vintage boxed Snowspeeder and Tie Fighter (within the endcap display)
- two deluxe Hoth sets (not out, but I asked for them and an employee brought one of each out for me)
- new Clone Trooper BP with the CW cartoon ARC Trooper

Also present were the two CW "collector sets" (Hidden Enemy and Hostage Crisis) which were not there two days ago.

New Geonosis 2-packs and CW 2-packs also still there in volume.

Got nuts everyone

Reaction score

C-Mills have no hint of these yet. Looks like 144th jumped the gun on their endcap display.

There's a new TRU in with the Babies R US near SW Plaza (across the street from the old TRU/Circuit City).

This TRU has pretty much every SW exclusive out right now: Vintage AT-AT, Slave 1, Nikto Guard, Kul Teska. Also the Mandalorian Battlepack (I took the last Arctroopers BP they had).

It's pretty nice having a TRU within lunch break distance again.

Reaction score

Target on 120th in Thornton did a major reset...all SW. Grabbed case fresh the vintage Tie and Snowspeeder.

Reaction score

I thought that the new Star Wars stuff at Target wasn't supposed to be out until this weekend. But I guess Target didn't get that memo.

I was going to check tomorrow morning and Sunday early. But in Greeley, I went into Target today and they had all the exclusives including vintage vehicles, all eight exclusive 2 packs, and "Attack" and "Defense of Hoth" (although the defense was pretty banged up). Didn't see the Swamp Speeder, and have plenty of vintage figs but no foils. So I guess the 'this weekend release' is more of a guideline than a rule.

Now $300+ lighter in the wallet, I'm up to date.

Reaction score

By the way, what figures in series three vintage are supposed be "foil" cards? I think I know but just want to confirm. Thanks.

Reaction score

My Targets have yet to do a reset. I'll be doing a toy run this morning so maybe its ready today. The only figure I'm looking for is a foil vintage Fett.

Reaction score

For anyone interested, I will be selling at the Collector's Supershow put on by Dana Cain his weekend. The show is 10-3 on Sunday 10/24 at the Ramada on 120th and I-25. I will have a large variety of Star Wars stuff from 1995-present as well as a few other toy lines. Items will be priced to move and no reasonable offer will be refused. I am trying to clean out my collection a bit. Stop by and say hi if you are inclined. I do not know my floor location, but I will be wearing a SF Giants baseball cap.

Reaction score
Re: Target Exclusives

Quincy and Buckley had their reset done - it replaced Iron Man 2 I believe in a short cardboard displayer. Picked up the two Hoth sets and put them on my new Target Card to save the 5%. Forgot that I had a $5 off Star Wars purchase coupon, but now I can't find it anyways...

Seeing the vintage style TIE and Snowspeeder on store shelves was really cool.

Reaction score

REMINDER:

For anyone interested, I will be selling at the Collector's Supershow put on by Dana Cain TODAY. The show runs 10-3 at the Ramada on 120th and I-25. I will have a large variety of Star Wars stuff from 1995-present as well as a few other toy lines. Items will be priced to move and no reasonable offer will be refused. I am trying to clean out my collection a bit. Stop by and say hi if you are inclined. I do not know my floor location, but I will be wearing a SF Giants baseball cap.

Reaction score

I've been searching for a "foil" Boba Fett figure for a few weeks now with no luck. I'm not collecting foil carded figures, I just want the Fett because I have an extensive Boba Fett collection (in addtion to my regular SW collection). If anyone out there has one of these for a reasonable price I would truly appreciate it. On that note, I did find a foil card Grievous that just looked too cool to pass on. I would be willing to trade straight up.

Reaction score

One Kmart (104th in Thornton)
Two AT-AT's
Only $100 and change for BOTH!
By far, one of the best deals I have gotten on a modern Star Wars toy!

NICE ... Let the price wars begin!

Reaction score
Re: Denver Metro AT-ATs

Broadway and Belleview is OOS on the $49.99 Big AT-AT. They said it should auto replenish, and if they don't have any on-hand, you can still get a rain check thru Saturday.

Also, GH AT-AT (which I also just bought from TRU.com) is on sale for $31.99.

Reaction score
Re: Denver Metro AT-ATs

he_guy said:
Also, GH AT-AT (which I also just bought from TRU.com) is on sale for $31.99.
I saw that online and scanned one at the 104th Kmart. It came up full price of $41.99. Not sure what the deal is there.

Reaction score
Y-Wings

Lots of cool finds on older stock toys on Monday.

The Southlands TJ Maxx had two Republic Y-Wings at $39.99 each, so check your local TJ Maxx for more.

Wal-Mart at Southlands had about 25 of the grey ARC 170 fighters on an aisle island for $30 each.

Ross at Southlands had the Holocron Heist and Jedi Showdown battle packs for $11.99. They also had the older large fully extending lightsabers for $9.99 each (my kids love these).

While not as awesome as a $41.99 AT-AT, these are still pretty good deals

Reaction score
Re: Y-Wings

Zor_Master said:
Wal-Mart at Southlands had about 25 of the grey ARC 170 fighters on an aisle island for $30 each.
Thanks for the tip. Have been wanting to add that piece to the collection but was not going to pay the ridiculous original retail price of $65. I can handle $30.

Still 15 or so on the pallet in the aisle.

Reaction score
Re: Y-Wings

The CW Boba Fett will be just the third CW figure to be added to my collection. The other two ... Ahsoka Tano and the Firefighter Battle Droid. He is too cool to pass up. Would even consider the Slave I ultimate battle pack if it were half its current retail price.

Status
Not open for further replies.