Denver Metro Area Finds - Episode VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone know when the next wave of of Legacy figures(Wioslea, Pons, Spacetrooper, etc.) hits? Although my wallet appreciates this extended reprieve it makes collecting Star Wars rather dull.

Needs:
White Darth Vader and Leia Comic Pack
Sarlaac UBP for dirt cheap

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has spotted the trilogy out on Blue-ray disc? And if so, at what store?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Yodafan said:
I was wondering if anyone has spotted the trilogy out on Blue-ray disc?
Nothing has been announced regarding a BD release. I think it would be big news when it does happen, but for the past 10 years, all Star Wars home video(VHS, DVD, Clone Wars on BD) releases have come in the last four monthes of the year. There are HD transfers availible online from various HD broadcasts that could be played on a blu-ray player, I have only seen screen shots of these (which look great BTW) as I am still holding off on buying any BD hardware. -$$

Reaction score
Thanks for the information he_guy. I asked because I was at a Sam's Club last week and they had episodes 4-6 packaged in a blu-ray dvd holder. I thought it was odd. I wonder how many people have bought them thinking they are blu-ray?

Reaction score
Found a BMF for $35 today at the Boulder Target. I also got some Indy stuff at 75% off.
-theropod

Reaction score
Wow! Nice find. I must have been there right after you. Boulder's Target had only three figures, all Yarna.

Reaction score
New Legends wave 3 at Target (120th/Washington) this morning. Strangely enough, I have seen this wave at store opening three times and the Snowtrooper has never been there. Curious ... Either he is being picked as the wave is stocked or maybe he is not in the case despite being listed on EE's website and being shown on the cardback as SL 25. Anyone else seen the Legends Snowtrooper?

Black Pauldron Sandtrooper coming your way tonight Fett!

Reaction score
There is a revision wave that does not include the snowtrooper. It seems these are the cases that are shipping. I have seen numerous accounts of people finding this wave as it is being put out but no snowtrooper. BBTS just received Legacy wave 5 so hopefully we will see that wave soon. I am getting excited to go on the hunt again. It has been quite some time since I have had much to look for. Nice find on the Falcon!!!!!!

Reaction score
Boulder's Target had all of Wave 4 except FX-6 today. The Bail and Breha were tan, and the Star Corps trooper had a brown pauldron.

Reaction score
Found a new titanium wave with the torrent and republic tank at c-mills. Also restocked with lots of figures but all older waves, except I guess for the latest legends. Didnt really look tho.

Reaction score
Saw new Legends and the new CW wave at Target (144th and I-25). New CW wave included MagnaGuard, 212th Battalion Clone Trooper and Clone Trooper w/ Space Gear among others. Also saw a ton of new "Target Only" Mighty Muggs including Snowtrooper, Bossk, Ewok and Biggs Darklighter.

Reaction score
Went to two Targets yesterday, and they had plenty of new Mighty Mugs there as well. I am surprised that C3PO is an exclusive, seems like a pretty prominent character to not carry at other retailers. Still not going to collect this line, really only focusing on 3 3/4 for me and GH for my kid. I just don't get the appeal of these things - the roundness seems lame when we as collectors really desire a good likeness, articulation, etc.. For new figures, only saw Padme and the 212th Clone. Is this the same one from the BP with OB1? Hopefully that will be rereleased as I never saw it, but did get the Yoda set which I thought was out at the same time.

Reaction score
he_guy said:
I am surprised that C3PO is an exclusive, seems like a pretty prominent character to not carry at other retailers.
Threepio was actually already released in one of the first waves. I'm not sure if the current Target exclusive is different or not.

I've got a few for one of my son's shelf - just bad guys though. Stormtrooper, Vader, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Asajj Ventress and General Grievious. Those 6 display well together. (sort of a 501st costume theme + Grievous)

Grandma also got him a Mighty Mugg Indy and Mola Ram. Mola Ram is great, he's so crazy looking and carries a cartoon style heart. I almost want a Mola Ram for my office.
-theropod

Reaction score
Went to the Loveland Target last night and picked up a Magnaguard. The price there was $7.99 for all figures. Not as bad as some have reported in different states. Anyone else see any price increases?

Reaction score
Boulder's Target has $7.99 figures. A magnaguard, Padme, and the gold CW R2 were there.

Reaction score
At C-mills Target today I saw remnants of Wave 5 ANH Wave, remnants being one solitary Luke Stormtrooper (which I left).

So keep those eyes peeled around town!

Reaction score
Legacy wave 5 (ANH) at Wal*Mart (136th and I-25) this morning. You might be able to eek out a complete set of 8 as of 0900. Picked up a set for myself and Fett. Cantina aliens are COOL!

Lots of CW wave 4 as well.

Reaction score
Today I found all of Wave 5 Legacy at the Walmart at Colfax and Wadsworth. They had about 3 sets after I bought one set. They also had all of Wave 4 of the Clone Wars.

Reaction score
Went to the new Target at Parker and Arapahoe last night, had the latest CW wave, but none of the TLC figures. Stopped at WM just up the street and found all eight. Very excited to find all these at once, not much chase to it - but I am very happy with the ANH wave. Showed them off when I got home - my wife noticed immediately how well done the Obi-Wan was, and my daughter is very excited about the BADs. Watched Episode IV again to find all the characters, but we did not see Brainiac - will have to watch the Cantina scene again. She wanted to watch episode II tonight, and we found the red BAD. It is really a background character, as it only passes behind the Rickshaw Droid when they first arrive on Tatooine. Probaly don't have to convince anyone here, but this wave was well worth the wait, considering we first saw the pics at SDCC. Best day of 3 3/4 collecting since July 26.

Reaction score
Wow, sure is quiet around here. Any new finds? I've been checking Target for the Rancor, as I'm not realling wanting to spend $13 for shipping on top of the $40 retail as opposed to a couple bucks in tax. Saw the AT-TE battlepack, not a bad price for four new clones and TONS of weapons, but still passed for now.

Also, does anyone want to go to Fanboys on Sunday or Monday during the day? Its playing in Westminster and Lakewood, don't know if it will be expanded beyond that. Post a reply or send a PM if you are interested.

Reaction score
he_guy said:
Also, does anyone want to go to Fanboys on Sunday or Monday during the day? Its playing in Westminster and Lakewood, don't know if it will be expanded beyond that. Post a reply or send a PM if you are interested.
It's not Sunday or Monday, but on Friday night several of us 501sters are trooping the Westminster showing.
I'll be wearing white with black trim.

-theropod

Reaction score
Saw one complete set of Legacy Wave 5 at both Target (Arapahoe and I-25) and Wal*Mart (Arapahoe and Lima) this morning. Also saw the new(er) Legends wave WITH the Snowtrooper at the above stores. Scooped a Snowtrooper to complete that set for me.

Reaction score
Boulder's Target has tons of wave 5: several full sets at least. It also has the AT-TE battle pack and what is I believe a full set of the latest (Magna Guard) CW wave. No sign of new comic packs yet, though, and very few Saga Legends figures.

Reaction score
Aurora's Targets have nothing new 3&3/4wise. Saw the CW UBP on the shelf for the first time in a while. I wonder how long they are going to give it that much shelf space before marking em down another $8-10.

Reaction score
Boulder's Target has multiples of Pons, Trinto/Dice, Obi-wan and a bunch of Clone Wars stuff in. It's also got a bunch of imperial pilots and rebel pilots 2 evolutions packs. No sign of new comic packs yet, and the parts of wave 5 not mentioned above are gone.

Reaction score
I found the Wal-Mart Exclusive comic packs at Wadsworth/Colfax. Plenty of 'em there!

Also the latest wave of Titanium at both Wal-Marts there and C-Mills Target.

Reaction score
Re: WM Comic Packs

Found the WM Comic packs last Friday in Parker, pegs were loaded. When did these go up to $12.88? Picked up the ewok set and the Quinlan Vos set. Good value on these I thought. Glad I passed on Vos last time, this clone is excellent. I wish this paint job had been used on all Kashyyk clones starting back with the ROTS line. Always thought the green camo on these figures was a bit off, but this one really takes the cake, hope its eventually released on single card.

Also, saw Fanboys this weekend, loved it. Head up to AMC 24 in Westminster if you get a chance.

Reaction score
Re: WM Comic Packs

Boulder's Target has all of Wave 5, except the spacetrooper and the Jawa. No sign of the new comic packs.

Reaction score
Re: Galactic Heroes scenes

I'm on the lookout for the newest Galactic Heroes scenes with the Snowspeeder and Red Six X-Wing.
If anyone spots these, please let me know where.
Thanks
-theropod

Reaction score

Anyone seen the new non-exclusive comic packs yet?

6th/Wads Wal-mart is almost out of Star Wars completely. That or their section is too big.

Reaction score

Does any one have any saga (2002-2004) figures to trade for or sell? I am looking to complete my set. My main missing piece as of right now is Eeth Koth. Just poking around out there. I am in CS in case thats of interest. And I travel to Denver alot so I would be able to pick up. I am just fishing to see whats in the local area. THanks

Reaction score

Boulder's Target had all of Wave 5, including a bunch of Spacetroopers, today. There was only 1 Jawa. Still no sign of the new comic packs.

Reaction score
Re: Galactic Heroes

Found newest wave of Galactic Heroes this past weekend at WM. Picked up the Padme, Luminara, and Clone/Spider Droid set. Thought that might be a good one to army build, but I think I actually prefer the old clone sculpt better..

Status
Not open for further replies.