Denver Metro Area Finds - Episode VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pretty caught up myself. Only missing Jodo Kast from Legacy Wave 3, but I am pretty sure I do not want him anyway.

Would really like to find a BMF for the $125.00 price I have been hearing about.

Reaction score
ARCblue013 said:
I forgot to mention that I saw the BMF on sale at Walmart 1st/Wads for $119.00 on Sunday. They had 4 to 5 on an aisle near pet food.
swjay, I will probably stop by this Walmart this weekend... I can check to see if they still have any?

Reaction score
That would be excellent ARCBlue! Thanks for the assistance. LMK how it goes

Reaction score
On the IJ front, picked up the new truck vehicle that has the fabric top as opposed to the original plastic top. this was at Wal*Mart (136th and I-25). Nothing of any real interest there or at Target (144th and I-25) although that Target raised the price of the BMF to $159.99 ??

Reaction score
I just saw a huge discount at EE, they have the AT-TE NM for only $60.00. I picked up two more for the price eventhough I have had issues with the legs. So if you were waiting this may be a good opportunity.

Reaction score
swjay said:
That would be excellent ARCBlue! Thanks for the assistance. LMK how it goes
So I was able to get to Walmart and didn't see anymore BMF? Not sure if they don't have any room for them, or if they sold them? They had cleared out the clearance aisle for Halloween stuff.

Sorry swjay

Reaction score
Saw the new IJ battle packs at Target (Arapahoe and I-25). Pretty cool sets for ROTLA and TLC. Not so much on the KOTCS and they did not have a TOD version.

Store also had a good selection of CW Wave 3, Legacy Wave 3 and Legends Wave 2.

Need to cruise up to the new Target store at Parker and Arapahoe and check it out.

Reaction score
I've been on a self-imposed collecting hiatus and thus my lack of recent postings. However, I'm starting to get back into it before the Holidays hit. Is there really anything new out? I picked up the comic packs, FU 3-packs and handful of figs from the Jodo Kast wave. Any other new figure rumblings out there?

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't get that either. That's the one thing my lil' collecting break helped me overcome...completism (if that's a word). I'm not nearly as bent out of shape about it as I normally would have been. Sure, it's a bunch of crap, but oh well. Maybe Hasbro will throw them up on SWShop at a later date.

Reaction score
If anyone's looking for the uber-rare Indiana Jones Temple of Doom figures, check your King Soopers stores! After reading in another thread that these were being found at Kroger stores (KS's parent company), I checked a few stores here in Colorado Springs. I have found the TOD wave in two of the five stores I have checked; they are 6.99 each.

NOTE: In both of my sightings, the figures have been in a floor display next to the Indiana Jones DVDs, not in the toy aisle. One store had the DVDs on display right inside the front door (I could almost trip over the TOD wave just by walking into the store);, the other had the DVDs on display near the customer service desk/movie rental area. Just look for the DVDs and there's a chance you'll find the figures too!

Update: found the TOD wave at 4 out of 5 King Soopers (Kroger) stores today.
*All were in plain brown standup displays
*None were located in the toy aisle
*Locations found include:
1) IJ DVD display at the very front of the store
2) IJ DVD display near the customer service counter/dvd rentals
3) Halloween/seasonal aisle amidst Halloween candy, Christmas decorations, etc.

Reaction score
I checked a couple of Soopers tonight, and all I found was a red DVD display with the Indy logo afixed to the top of it. The display case was red, and there were only DVD's inside. Can you describe this display case any better, in case we come across one that might have had figures in it?

Reaction score
It's a plain brown display stand (ie, no Indiana Jones logos, etc.) that has, I think, eight different front-facing compartments in it that hold 3 figures apiece (3 figures deep). There are also plastic white pegs inside each compartment to hold the figures in place, which seems a bit redundant. Every one I have seen has the figures arranged the same way: the top four compartments have various Indy figures (the KOTCS rocket launcher version, the TOD version, the LC version, and I think the ROTLA idol version), and the bottom four compartments have the rest of the TOD wave (2 each of Willie, Short Round, Temple Guard, Mola Ram, and Chief Temple Guard) plus the ever popular Mutt Williams in leather jacket.

I seriously doubt you'll find one of these totally empty since, even if the TOD figures are all gone, the rocket launcher Indys and the Mutt will still be there.

Seriously, though, look all over. They could easily place one of these anywhere in the store. As I noted in my edit above, I found one set today in the seasonal aisle with all the Halloween candy, Christmas stuff, etc.

Reaction score
Did you have any luck yet? I found another untouched display at another King Soopers this morning. Plus there are two or three stores in town that I haven't checked yet and another couple of stores that don't appear to have put the figures out yet. I haven't been buying every figure I see, but I do have two full sets, one of which is for another Scummer. If you can't find the figures up there, I'll sell you the 2nd set for cost plus shipping. LMK

Reaction score
You are the man Tetra!

Thanks to your tip, I too own two sets of the IJ TOD wave. Only had to check two Soopers before finding the untouched display at the 120th and Colorado store. Interestingly enough, while I scored two each of Temple Guard, Chief Temple Guard, Willie, Short Round and Mola Ram, the TOD Indy was nowhere to be seen despite pretty much every other Indy version being there. Hmm ... anyway, thanks again for the tip Tetra!

In other news, I found the Shield Generator Assault Battle Pack at Target on 120th and Washington along with a few new Cars diecast in the Race-O-Rama packaging. They also had the CW B'omarr Monestary Assault set but I passed as I have with all the CW stuff.

Wal*Mart on 136th and I-25 had plenty of A-Wings and Gunships as well as some Falcons at full price. Would like the A-Wing, but not for $30.00!

IF ANYONE COMES ACROSS THE RE-ISSUE OF THE ORIGINAL 25TH GI JOE FLINT (NOT THE TIGER FORCE ONE), PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Still need that one for the collection. Thanks!

Reaction score
Jackpot! Found TOD in 1 out of the 4 stores Ive checked. I got two each of 4, one Indy, but no Mola Rams.

Gillman found 2 each of all of them at a King soopers down by cherry creek.

His were found in the toy section on the shelf. Mind were in that display case in front of the checkout. The display case is tall and thin, and the color is a leather brown, like Indy's jacket.

Reaction score
I looked at more Soopers yesterday - struck out. I am 1 for 8 now. The one was good, but I am probably done looking.

Found the exclusive A-wing at 6th/wads wal-mart as well.

Reaction score
swjay said:
IF ANYONE COMES ACROSS THE RE-ISSUE OF THE ORIGINAL 25TH GI JOE FLINT (NOT THE TIGER FORCE ONE), PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Still need that one for the collection. Thanks!
I think I saw him at Target on Quincy and Buckley this morning, but don't quote me on that, it may have been Duke - I'll get back to you. Also saw the new BPs, passed on the CW one - not too crazy about the blue paint job. If they were to release a plain colored STAP and battle droid at a reasonable price, I'd most likely get some to add to my droid army. So far I've been staying away from the CW droids, but the commando droids on last week's CW episode looked pretty sweet - like Snake Eyes mixed with a battle droid. I did have to pick up the Endor BP, can't wait to open this one - "YOU REBEL SCUM!"

Reaction score
Thanks for looking out he_guy! I was able to score a Flint this past Sunday, so I am good to go. Appreciate the thought!

Reaction score
Hit a couple Targets, WM and even a KMart in Littleton today - not a lot of new product. Found the two newest GH cinema scenes - Dagobah and Sarlaac Pit. Passed on the Dagobah set, but picked up the ROTJ one, my kid will getting quite a bounty of GH for Christmas.

Reaction score
Legacy Wave 4 is in CO ... picked up a set at Wal*Mart (Colfax and Wadsworth) about an hour ago. Another guy was there grabbing a few as well, but I think there may be some left even now.

Nothing new at the 6th and Wadsworth Wal*Mart.

Reaction score
Up north as well for the wave 4 Legacy figures. Picked up a couple of extras at the Longmont super WM. Still had appox. 4 to 5 cases out.

Reaction score
Damn, thought I was going to be the first to find them in town - turns out I'm not even the first at the same store!

Legacy 4 found at Colfax/Wads. Found them all. There one each of Organas, Stass, and Star Corps left after I got done.

Reaction score
New comic packs at Target (I-25 and Arapahoe) this a.m. Leia/Vader(white), Leia/Xixor(sp?) and Thrawn/??? all there at 0815.

Reaction score
I found Wave 3 of the Clone Wars at the Arvada Target on 80th and Wads. They had 3 sets after I left.

Reaction score
Boulder's Target has the Secret Apprentice evolutions set in. No sign of Wave 4 legacy yet, or the newest comic packs. I don't keep up with Clone Wars stuff, but I don't think there was any new stuff in.

Do we need a new thread? This one's over 10 pages long.

Reaction score
Saw some of CW wave 3 at Target on Colorado Blvd on Tuesday - Count Dooku, Plo Koon,C-3PO, and Destroyer Droid. Passed on the figures, but did pick up the CW DVD there. It has Commander Fox on the cover and includes a 96 page comic.

Reaction score
KillerVole said:
Boulder's Target has the Secret Apprentice evolutions set in.
Guess I gotta head down the street during lunch. If I pick it up, does anyone want the Sith Lord or Jedi Knight figures?
-theropod

Reaction score
Hadn't found these myself, but my wife picked up the Yoda & Coruscant Guard and Training on the Falcon Battle Packs for me today at Target on Quincy. Unless I see the OB1 BP, I am all set until the Sarlaac Pit UBP. Is is supposed to be out on Black Friday then?

Reaction score
Also saw the Sarlacc UBP at 144th/I-25 Target this morning. Did not get it, but likely will at some point. Seems like a better value than the TRU Lars Homestead set. I do like the actual Sarlacc sculpt and the pit.

Saw the CW UBP too. Now that's a good value. Two vehicles and a bunch of figures. NICE! Too bad i don't do the CW stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.