Denver Metro Area Finds - Episode VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Stopped by the new Super Target @ River Point/Santa Fe. Finally scored Hoth Recon Patrol, Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol and Speeder Bike Recon. They have 3 Hoth Recon Patrol left. They also have all of the new evolutions.

Sheridan/Evans Target has 1 Hoth Recon Patrol. Also have seen new Transformer/Crossover and Comic Packs up at C-Mills.

Reaction score
My son and I are on the lookout for the new Galactic Heroes sets:
Jedi Starfighter
Vader's TIE Fighter
Mos Eisley Dewback
Geonosis Arena

UPDATE
Target run this morning. 3 Targets, found all 4 sets, but got the last of each.

-theropod

Reaction score
Anyone seen Rebel Pilots #2 or Imperial Pilots Evo packs in the last couple days?

Wal-Mart 501st trooper?

I saw a solitary Young Indy yesterday at Wal-Mart. First sighting of that wave of Indy here.

Reaction score
Nerfherder said:
I saw a solitary Young Indy yesterday at Wal-Mart. First sighting of that wave of Indy here.
Fett's wife picked up a Henry Jones for him at Wal*Mart the other day! A wife who hunts action figures for you cannot be a bad thing

Reaction score
Oops ... forgot to mention that I saw the new Legacy packaged comic packs yesterday at C-Mills Target as well. They had the re-pack Anakin/Assasin Droid as well as Tol Skorr & Asajj Ventress. The Ventress figure is pretty sweet, soft goods and all.

Reaction score
Nerf,

Do you still need a "1st Day Issue Captain Rex"? I have one I was going to return, but it's yours if you want it. Let me know ASAP.

Reaction score
The exclusive 501st Clone has landed at the Lafayette Wal-Mart on Hwy. 287. They are on the bottom shelf of one of the island displays in front of the toy section.

I haven't seen the exclusive 501st Clone helmet/voice changer though. They are supposed to release on the same day.
-theropod

Reaction score
Boulder's Target has the new comic packs, as well as all of the wave 1 build-a-droid figures and lots of animated stuff.

Reaction score
theropod said:
The exclusive 501st Clone has landed at the Lafayette Wal-Mart on Hwy. 287. They are on the bottom shelf of one of the island displays in front of the toy section.

I haven't seen the exclusive 501st Clone helmet/voice changer though. They are supposed to release on the same day.
-theropod
I have also spotted lots of 501st exclusive clones at Hamden/Santa Fe Wally. They are same price as all other figures and seem to be plenty as well. I did not see any of the new "Voice Changer Clone Helmets".

Reaction score
Who saw the movie over the weekend and what were your thoughts? I took my boys on Saturday and they liked the movie. Mainly because they thought the battledroids were funny. Just wondering.

Reaction score
Yodafan said:
Who saw the movie over the weekend and what were your thoughts? I took my boys on Saturday and they liked the movie. Mainly because they thought the battledroids were funny. Just wondering.
ACRblue and I went to see it with another friend and my son in tow. My little boy enjoyed it. Here are my thoughts as posted in another thread:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I felt like I was playing a mediocre video game with cringe worthy cutscenes that would not go away no matter how many times I hit the X button.

At one moment during the movie I turned to my friend and said "I wished I could be stoned right now." He replied "But you don't smoke pot?"
I answered that what I meant was that I wished I could be pelted with flying boulders.

[/QUOTE]
-theropod

Reaction score
Quiet around here... too quiet.

I found some good stuff today - Westminster Wal-Mart had plenty of exclusive 501st troops. I found most of Legends wave 3 (the repaint wave) at Westminster Target. There was still one engineer, jodo cast, yaddle/piell, and holo dooku left at 4pm. The only figure that I did not find was the Neyo clone, which sucks because I dont think I can build the droid without it! They also had the new titaniums

still looking for the ever-elusive rebel pilot #2 pack.

Reaction score
If anyone gets by Toys R Us, could please take a look for me to see if they have the new Rancor Pit and Kashyyyk Galactic Heroes sets? I'm especially looking for the Rancor for my son.
-theropod

Reaction score
Saw the new Legends wave at Target (144th/I-25 and 120th/Washington) yesterday. Between the two stores, all figures were represented. Have absolutely no interest in that line except for maybe the BARC Trooper and the other yellow Clone officer.

Saw Anakin's modified Jedi Starfighter at the 144th/I-25 store as well along with the repackaged Grievous Starfighter.

Took my 5-year old to Clone Wars on Saturday afternoon. Despite the mixed reviews, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Did not think I would like it much and was pleasantly surprised.

Reaction score
theropod said:
If anyone gets by Toys R Us, could please take a look for me to see if they have the new Rancor Pit and Kashyyyk Galactic Heroes sets? I'm especially looking for the Rancor for my son.
-theropod
Went to Toys R Us yesterday to see if they had the B-Wing in, they didn't. They tore down the normal isle that holds Star Wars stuff in and crammed it all into the shelves up front. They haven't stocked much since midnight madness. Found Anakins modified starfighter at the Lone Tree super target, as well as the 3rd wave of legends.

Reaction score
Found remnants of Legacy wave 3 at Englewood Wal-Mart yesterday - I am now complete with that wave. Still looking for Rebel Pilots #2 Evo.

Reaction score
I am troubled to say I have found exactly jack related to Legacy Wave 3. And only saw Legends wave 2 once.

And don't get me started on the lack of Indy TLC wave 3. Although I did get them via a case from IndianaJonesShop.com, I do not hold out hope for the rest of that line. May go for a case to get the TOD wave 4 before the line dies.

Reaction score
In CA (Sacramento area) for my sister's wedding. Hit a Target near my brother's house a couple minutes ago and found Legacy wave 3 except Jodo. Also saw the newest comic packs with Darth Talon, Cade Skywalker, etc. I always find something when I visit family here

Reaction score
I found the new comic packs at C-mills Target today - the two boba fett types, darth talon, and two sith guys (I really do not know my comics) They had three of four left in abundance. I took the last darth talon cuz she looked cool.

Reaction score
That yellow Boba Fett comic pack in the white packaging really stands out, saw it at Aurora TRU last week. Picked up newest GH sets (Rancor and AT-RT). No sign of Lar's Homestead (not that I am looking forward to it, just wanted to see the poorly planned and poorly painted set on the shelf.)

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I saw the BMF on sale at Walmart 1st/Wads for $119.00 on Sunday. They had 4 to 5 on an aisle near pet food.

Reaction score
I went to the Colorado Mills Target today. They had Wave 3 of the Clone Wars series there. There were two sets of the four figures there.

Also, did anyone have any luck getting the Stormtrooper Commander? I had to go to work early this morning and couldn't make it to the midnight opening. If anyone has an extra, please let me know. Thanks

Reaction score
Yeah, the stormtrooper commander is a minor fiasco for me. I have no want or need for the game (I dont even own a console) and the figure was only available at midnight for preorders - which I did not find out about until yesterday. Not sure how I am going to get this figure now.

Reaction score
Same problem here. No interest in the game. I haven't called local Gamestops yet to see if they are still giving them out, but obviously they'll want you to buy the game. Hopefully SWS or HTS will have them.

Saw some of CW wave 2 and Legacy wave 3 and comic packs wave 2 at the County Line Target over the weekend.

Reaction score
Today I found some of Wave 3 at the 120th & Washington and 104th & US36 Target. There was 3-4 figures on the shelf of the wave at each store still left. I am still looking for Jodo Kast. If anybody has an extra or has seen one, please let me know. Thanks

Reaction score
Legacy Wave 3 found in abundance at Youngsfield Wal-Mart - multiples of each at noon.

Clone wars wave 2 found at Kipling/70 Target. All but Ahsoka is there.

Still looking for Rebel Pilots Legacy #2. This is easily the rarest of all July 26th releases. And to think I had this in my hot little hands at a Wal-Mart in June and they wouldnt sell it to me.

Reaction score
I found Jodo Kast this afternoon at 1st and Wads Walmart. They had all of Wave 3 Legacy and Wave 2 Clone Wars there.

PM sent to Nerf.

Reaction score
Nerfherder said:
Yeah, the stormtrooper commander is a minor fiasco for me. I have no want or need for the game (I dont even own a console) and the figure was only available at midnight for preorders - which I did not find out about until yesterday. Not sure how I am going to get this figure now.
Here's one locally, http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/845014267.html.

Only $50!

-theropod

Reaction score
Saw the two FU Wal*Mart 3-packs at 136th/I-25 Wal*Mart. Not sure if I want to spend $30.00 for two Incinerator Strormtroopers and two Shadow Stormtroopers. Left empty handed for now.

Reaction score
Ive been seeing Leg Wave 3/ CW wave 2 around quite a bit the last few days.

Saw those three packs as well - I passed. I hate the idea of colored stromtroopers, even though I need the stormtrooper commander to keep my single-pack collection complete.

One anecdote regarding Indy Wave 3. I picked up three of these - Elsa, Grail Knight, and Vogel at a Wal-Mart in Sonora, CA in July. Here, I have only seen Young Indy and Henry in that revision case. The only other time I have seen any of the other three besides Sonora was last week at a Wal-Mart in Gunnison - easily the smallest Wal-Mart I have ever been in. The whole store was about the size of the clothing section of a supercenter. Vogel and Elsa were 2 of only 5 Indy figures they had.

The rarity of these figures is astounding. I have been to over 20 different Wal-Marts since the first of July, and found these figures at two of those, and they were in dinky-[censored] towns with no collectors. I'd be surprised to see the Temple of Doom wave at all.

Reaction score
I feel your pain on the Indy wave. I have been searching since June for a Grail Knight, and have yet to see one on the pegs. I did pick up a Henry Jones Sr. at a Walmart north of Colorado Springs today, though. I have actually scene Henry, Last Crusade Indy and Young Indy on numerous occasions down here, thanks to that dang revision case.

I'm considering taking a road trip to some "small town" Walmarts. Sure, I'd save money by just buying a Grail Knight online, but it's the principle of finding one in the wild. These shouldn't be that tough to find! I'd love to get a Mola Ram from the TOD wave, but like you, I seriously doubt whether those will ever make it to the pegs.

Reaction score
Nerfherder said:
Saw those three packs as well - I passed. I hate the idea of colored stromtroopers, even though I need the stormtrooper commander to keep my single-pack collection complete.
I spotted the Vader set at a WM in Lakewood on Sunday, but his arm was already broken in the package, and didn't really like the set as much after seeing it in person. I passed on the entire TFU so far, but was planning on picking these up as WM sets have traditionally sold for $9.99. But at $14.84, and with crazy paint apps on the stormies, I've decided to pass on these as well. Maybe if I eventually pick up the game and enjoy it as much as I do the Battlefront series (not likely as I freakin' love these games) then I will go back and collect the TFU figures one at a time.

Reaction score
Still haven't seen the FU 3-Packs in my area...so I don't know yet whether I'll buy them or not. I picked up the two new Legacy 3 figures (Jodod Kast, Holo Dooku). I also bought the Imperial Engineer. I think this is the same figure as the Death Star Gunner from the Saga series. Can anyone confirm that?

Reaction score
I know, that really chaps my [censored]. Hasbro should NOT be putting droid parts in with old figures, that is a [censored] practice that needs to end.

Reaction score
For those collecting Clone Wars figures the Parker Target had approximately 3 of each new figure in the new wave (The commander cody wave).

Status
Not open for further replies.