Denver Metro Area Finds - Episode VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well since the other one is almost full and more importantly I've always wanted to started a thread that didnt die after the first couple of posts
, here is version 7.

Stopped at TRU on Mississippi and I-225 yesterday, they didnt have much new but I did see about 30+ Millennium Falcon transformers. Guess they didnt learn their lesson from last year.

Reaction score
Wal*Mart on Arapahoe and Lima had a back endcap full of Wave 5 and Wave 4 Legends. The Malaks, Revans and Starkillers were all gone but the rest of the wave was there in force. Picked up the last Imperial Officer variant (brown hair) I was looking for. Still waiting for the 4th Battle Droid variant (clean?) and the 3rd Pit Droid variant (orange highlights). Is there a 4th Sandtrooper variant as well? I think Bruce eluded to a Sandtrooper with a gun in his last post on the previous thread?? Have not heard of anything like that.

In a cart of returns near the bikes, I found a TAC Death Star Trooper where the figure had been surgically removed and then replaced with a POTF2 Freeze Frame Death Star Trooper and re-sealed.

If whoever does that type of thing is reading this .....

YOU ARE A TOOL!

Karma and/or natural selection will hopefully take care of you before you procreate! It is a $7.00 figure ..... be a man and pay for it like the rest of us!

Reaction score
I think the joke is on him on that one - the POTF trooper was released online and only in the one accessory pack, while the TAC version pegwarms everywhere.

There is a sandtrooper coming out that is straight Evolutions - mold and paint. I assume it comes with the Lewis gun that the Evolutions came with.

Reaction score
so there is no sandtrooper with the gun??? i checked ebay and apparently there is. even rebelscum had a article about theis "new" variant to the saga legends sandtrooper we are seeing everywhere now. i was just at that walmart on arapahoe too, apparently i missed the entire back endcap of figures. oh well, i will go out later and look for the clones i am missing. tru at county got another shipment today, more of wave 6 and others again!!

Reaction score
thanks to swjay picked up tons of figs from walmart on arapahoe, some pit droids, and imperial officers. no red troopers though!!!! by the way swjay they did have one of the clean battle droids there on the pegs, i would have picked it up for you but completely spaced it while i was there. if i am near there tomorrow i'll look again and snag you one or hide it for you.

Reaction score
Glad you scored Bruce! I think the 4th Sandtrooper probably is coming out. Nerf was just giving me an idea of what that version looked like. No worries on the clean Battle Droids. Must have skipped right over them. I can stop by Wal*mart in the early morning before work as it is about 3 minutes from my office.

Reaction score
I saw that sandtrooper today at the Parker Target

I haven't been collecting much lately so I am not too familiar with what everyone is looking for, but there were two types of red clones there at Target as well
Actually the pegs were stuffed full!

I am only looking for the Spirit Anakin and the new Padme. If anyone sees please post.

Also went to the Castle Rock Wally yesterday and they seemed to have a pretty full endcap as well...

Reaction score
Wal*Mart in Thornton (104th and Grant) had oodles of TAC wave 5 including Malaks and Revans (no Starkillers though).

Bruce - did not see the clean Battle Droid this morning at Arapahoe/Lima Wal*Mart. Someone must have picked it up yesterday. Thanks for the tip though!

Reaction score
Huh, somehow I totally missed there was a fourth battle droid 2-pack. Ive seen that wave several times, and because it looks like the slashed/blasted version Ive probably looked right past it. Well crud!

Reaction score
just giving everyone an fyi, i preordered the entertainment earth exclusive madolorian set back in august and just got charged for it, so we should be seeing it pretty soon on our door step!!

Reaction score
Bruce, This version of Sandtrooper is definitely starting to surface. I picked one up at Youngfield Walmart on Friday.

Reaction score
Boulder's Target has tons of Saga Legends, though nothing newer than Wave 2, and one Anakin/Assassin Droid comic pack.

Reaction score
Kohl's on 285/Wads had an endcap full of figures. All of TAC wave 6 and Saga Legends wave 4. Think I saw at least 6 McSnowies.

Reaction score
I'm all moved in now so I'm back in the hnut. I'm still looking for the Clean Battle Droids and Orange Pit Droids.

I finally found a Zartan, though it was the color-changing one not the plain one. No big deal, at least I got one.

Reaction score
Hey Fett, I saw the "clean" battle droids at Kohl's 120th/Sheridan, and also at Golden Kohl's off W. Colfax... Not sure what part of town you are in? That is where I have seen my first orange pit droids, however I bought the two I saw. I will keep an eye out.

Reaction score
I did not buy any of the figures that I saw yesterday at Kohl's... They were still there as of 5:00pm yesterday?

Reaction score
C-Mills Target has both ultimate battle packs - both great deals at $50. The new Hoth Rebel turret is beautiful.

Youngsfield Wal-Mart has wave 4 UGH, wave 5 including EU Darths, and remnants of wave 7. No ewoks or mcsolo when I saw it. This was at 12:30. The was one mc boba and two mcvaders I left em there.

Reaction score
ARCblue013 said:
Kohl's on 285/Wads had an endcap full of figures. All of TAC wave 6 and Saga Legends wave 4. Think I saw at least 6 McSnowies.
All the McSnowys were gone...

Whoever bought all of them, well, yer lucky

Reaction score
Fett413 said:
I finally found a Zartan, though it was the color-changing one not the plain one.
How can you tell the difference?. I think I've only seen one or two, and I bought the first one I saw. And is there a version of Shipwreck that comes with an anchor? Also, I finally found the Cobra Legion 5-pack tonight. As for SW, I haven't seen anything new since last Monday. I'll need to check Target tomorrow.

Reaction score
I'm starting to have a little faith in Target now. Tonight I found Saga Legends wave four droids at C-Mills Target and all wave 5 (no Starkillers) at the new Target on 17th/Sheridan. I needed a Revan, but left Malak.

Reaction score
The "non-color change" Zartan doesnt have the logo on the card backing saying he changes color. I think they all do change color though.
I have one (non-change)and he's a little green in the face.
I've heard of people getting him to change diffrent ways, mostly it seems to be temprature rather than sunlight like the orginal one.

Reaction score
Target on Arapahoe and I-25 has numerous Endor and Hoth Battle Packs on the top shelf a couple aisles from the main action figures. They are hard to miss as you enter the toy section. Not bad deal for $49. I have to agree with Nerf that the Hoth turret is outstanding!

Reaction score
Even more figures at Kohl's 285/Wads as of 6:00pm Wed. Lots of the new variant "Clean/Dirty" battle droids and 4 sets of orange pit droids. No McQuarries. Also looks like they are back to $6.99

Reaction score
Orange Pit Droids and Clean Battle Droids at Kohls (120th and Colorado). Man what a zoo over there right now with Black Friday! Glad I was also buying jewelry for my wife so I could check out in the very short jewelry counter line. Otherwise I would have had to wait at least an hour to pay for my Pit Droids (likely would have hid them instead and come back
)

Reaction score
Boulder's Target had two Lukes (Wave 4), two Umpass-Stays, a C-3P0 & Salacious Crumb, A CZ-4, and a Roron Corob, as well as an Anakin & Assassin droid pack.

Reaction score
has anyone seen the arc170 clone battlepacks yet????? saw the hoth and endor battlepacks but want the arc170 pack more, and it should be out by now!!!

Reaction score
Anyone find the Target Exclusives yet? I punched in the DCPI code and they had them all in the stockroom, but I hate hassling with them to bring them up.

Reaction score
I called my closest target on Wednesday night (quincy & buckley) with the DCPI, she said they 31 available, and assured me they were for sale, not in the stockroom. Went down, and no one could find them on the floor or in the back.

Reaction score
The boxes are marked 11/24 9pm. So...I'm heading down in a little bit. I don't want the BP's, but I do want the tie, arc and arc crew.

Reaction score
Got to Parker Super Target just after 9 and the stock boy was just bringing up the Battle Packs. The Hoth one was so sweet I had to pick it up. 8 figures, the Turret, it's not bad value for $50.00. No ARC-170 or Tie Bomber though.

Reaction score
i finally said screw it on the at-rt and the arc170 battlepack. i ordered them from amazon for the same price as the store but with 6 dollars shipping. sick and tired of wasting my damn time for these stores to put [censored] out. the target on arapahoe had so many of the endor and hoth packs and no other targets would put them out until today. what a rip!!

Reaction score
Got up this morning to go to Target (C-Mills) and I was not disappointed! Picked up An Arc-170 Battle Pack, AT-RT Assault Squad, and both Endor/Hoth Ultimate Battle packs. They also had the Tie Bomber and the Arc-170 fighter, but I have to stop somewhere???

Reaction score
Ultimate Battle Packs out in force on endcaps at both Target 120th/Washington and 144th/I-25.

Also saw the new Hunt for General Grievous and Betrayal on Bespin battle packs at both stores.

In addition, the 120th/Washington store had a case of TAC wave 5 on the pegs. This was the first time I had seen a TAC wave beyond wave 4 on the pegs at a Target and a Starkiller Hero on the pegs at any store.

No sign of the other exclusives but I really am not overly concerned with finding them. May scoop a Clone Wars ARC-170 Fighter or the related ARC-170 battle pack if I see them.

Reaction score
Jay,

Also saw TAC wave 5 last week at 17th/Sheridan Target. Checked back recently and they are back to waves 1-3?

Reaction score
I found clean battle droids, orange pit droids and hobbie comic pack today, finally. C-mills Target also had all the battle packs and plenty of them. Also of note is the stormtroopers from the early comic packs - han, luke, and regular stormy - have all been released with the blue paint removed. Too bad they all come in separate comic packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.