Denver Metro Area Finds - Episode IX

Reaction score
2 more days, 2 more toy runs -total bust again. Gonna take a few days off (of course that's when they'll stock them)

Reaction score
FYI I have seen two cases of 6" Wave 2 at Target in Greeley, one last week and one yesterday. I got one Boba Fett and the other disappeared. The rest of the wave was there yesterday.

Reaction score
While I look for ways to practice Jedi patience, I think the stores in and around Aurora/ Denver have forgotten about stocking the shelves more than once a month. Toy dept. personal has been cut I'm sure.

Reaction score
I found wave 2 6" at Cmills Target today. There's a Greedo left at 12:30.

I ordered 4" wave 2 and part of wave 3 from HTS and they arrived this morning. *almost* caught up.

Reaction score
Found wave 2 6" at Target in the Aurora Town Center aka: across from Aurora Mall. They had one of each. Scored the Fett. The Han had googly eyes unfortunately.

Reaction score
Toy collecting wasteland!!! Looking at the forum apparently I'm not alone in my quest for new toys. I really hate collecting this time of year, sigh. I'm still searching for a 6" Boba Fett and the standard sized Merumeru, Neyo, Vizam, Plageuis and Windu. Can anyone hook a brother up and hide these if you see 'em? I'm happy to do the same. Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
This time of year sucks alright. Although Target and some other stores start clearancing items so there may be some good deals.

Reaction score
got all of wave 2 and most of wave 3 of 4" at HTS, but havent seen either at retail yet. I missed Plagueis at HTS so patiently waiting, but it's not been looking good out there.

Reaction score
Against my better judgement, I am sharing this secret with my local scummers. ;)

I typically only look in Walmart, Target and TRU, but will snoop in other stores when I happen to be in them. I happened to find a #17 Vizam on the shelves in a local Walgreens yesterday. They usually have only peg warmers from a few series ago. So I wouldn't get your hopes up. I hit the other three Walgreens near my home and found nothing else. But it is only the second figure from the 2nd Black series I have seen here. So not a good regular stop, but might be worth checking from time to time.

Reaction score
I hit some walgreens a couple weeks ago and found nothing. There's probably, for example, one plaguies for every 5 stores because they get a case and distribute it between several stores. A couple of the Walgreens I checked had no star wars at all.

A couple bits of news: C-Mills now has a TRU express near the Lego store. I found the latest mission series wave (droids, han and chewie, obi and maul) at C-Mills Target today. Plenty left of each.

Reaction score
FYI Target in Greeley had one half of the next 4" black series out Sunday, including Mara Jade and Darth Plageious. Went back Monday morning and the other half of the case was there with Mace Windu and Neyo. Nothing since but there is hope there is more coming soon.

Reaction score
You guys finding clearance LEGOs at Targets up there? I'm down in Colorado Springs and haven't found any at the one store I was at yesterday, I don't want to bother hitting other stores for no reason, and I figure if they are clearance up there, they would be down here and then try my luck st the other 3 stores in town.

Reaction score
1 more Target today, and more wave 3 without Plaguies. This one (Belmar) did have most of the wave still (Merumeru, Neyo, at least), plus the second wave of 6in, including Boba Fett. This was at 12:30.

If anyone happens to find an extra Plaguies, keep me in mind! I also have an extra Legends Stormtrooper to trade for one.

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out for you.

Also, if anyone is looking for 6" Han or Boba, the Super Target in Brm has them. Both are really great.

Reaction score
Disney Store!

I got tip from a scummer in the Recent Acquisitions thread for TBS that the Disney store had wave 3. Both Disney stores are pretty far away, but I made the trek to Park Meadows and sure enough they had all of wave 3 TBS and wave 2 6", multiples of each (at least 8 cases worth), including Plagueis. I left 3 Plagueis there. The 4" are $11. According to their website there is only one other Disney store in the area - at Flat Irons. Soooo happy to be caught up again. Happy hunting!

Reaction score
Weird, I just went to that Disney Store at Park Meadows last Sunday and saw nothing of interest, they must have just stocked em. The Lego store a little further down was fun though. They have the pick-a-brick wall where you can fill a cups with lego bricks for $8 or a larger cup for $15. I knew there had to be a smart way to do this since you weren't paying by the piece or weight, just had to get a lid on top (they'll actually tape it on for you so it won't spill out in the car if not on snug). Anyways, most people were just kind of haphazardly tossing random pieces in there, but I figured out if you stack things together, you'll eliminate gaps, and get way more for your money. Starting with bigger stacks in the middle, smaller stacks, than topping it off with plant pieces and single tiny bricks we felt we got a good deal. After dumping it out on the table later, we counted around 900 pieces were wedged in that cup - good times!

In Star Wars finds news, I did see the MTT at TJ Maxx for $60.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For anyone still looking for The Naboo Starfighter from a couple years ago, I found several at a Toys R Us Express in the C-mills mall. It was $19.97.

Reaction score
Reaction score
i think i'm just going to get the snowtrooper and toryn farr. i'm undecided on luke and yoda.

Reaction score
Anyone find any Black Series 6" Stormtroopers out there? Still looking for one. I did find Besbin Luke. Anyone find one out there yet?

Reaction score
Wooohoooo, I a StormTrooper off of HasbroToysShop!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Scored a 6" Black Series Stormtrooper today at Target in Greeley. They had pallets of freight waiting to worked and the case was sitting on top. So I helped myself and hung the other three up. So they are out there. Walmarts are putting Star Wars out with an eye dropper. Just about done shopping there.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Colorado collector's club ever got off the ground, or if there is interest to try again? I'm in Littleton, collect both modern and vintage, and would love to have a group like those that exist in other states/areas. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Mark

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Colorado collector's club ever got off the ground, or if there is interest to try again? I'm in Littleton, collect both modern and vintage, and would love to have a group like those that exist in other states/areas. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Mark
Hi Mark!

There used to be a group in the 90s of a core group of guys. But all went their separate ways. I've always thought we should have one.

Reaction score
As a matter of fact...I was about to post a message...Here it is..
So our second annual Star Wars Vintage CO collectors group is going to meet up one night next weekend one night after Denver Comic Con. Everybody is invited but you have to have a love for SW toys.....mostly vintage. Please watch this page for updates on location and time of when the meeting is going to happen. Message me if you are interested in going.

Reaction score
Anyone local going to San Diego Comic Con this year that can hook me up with the Hasbro Exclusive? I'd pay cost plus a "finders fee" and expenses if you want to ship straight from San Diego. Let me know.

Reaction score
Do you guys know of any dealers at Denver Comic-Con that might be selling carded Vintage? Last year I only recall seeing a lot of loose stuff.

Reaction score
Do you guys know of any dealers at Denver Comic-Con that might be selling carded Vintage? Last year I only recall seeing a lot of loose stuff.
I would have had carded stuff this year but sadly..didn't get a table in time.

Guys..I have a plan for the meet up. Please PM me for details. It will be this Saturday @ 7:00 and down the street from the Con. PM me for more information. Thanks, Matt

Reaction score
Anyone been checking retail lately? It seems like new things have been popping up around the country.

Reaction score
Holy smacks, a report!

At SW TRU I saw plenty of the Han + Greedo 6 in pack *yawn*. Also they had one Endor battlepack.
At SW Target they had 6 in Speeder bike and Jabba, a few of each. Also those new command thingies and the giant X-wing at both stores.

Reaction score
Walgreens Exclusive Black Series prototype Boba Fett is due in stores the last week of August. I would say Wednesday the 27th would be the first day you'd find it.

Reaction score
Walgreens Exclusive Black Series prototype Boba Fett is due in stores the last week of August. I would say Wednesday the 27th would be the first day you'd find it.
I thought it wasn't supposed to be out until October? And you do know you can pre-order them on the Walgreen's website, right?