Deluxe Vulture Droid.

Reaction score
Now what does this thing actually do? Is it a ship that specifically for space battle or can it do things on the ground also.

Kad

Reaction score
It's supposed to be the advanced version of the droid fighter from Epi. I.

The Lego can do the walking thing...but this one doesn't seem designed to do so.

Kad

Reaction score
Habs98 said:
So this bad boy walks around also?
The Lego one could...but this one just doesn't seem to be designed for such movement at all.

Reaction score
I'm really glad to see that we are getting more of these. If it is going to be a deluxe it should on;y be 10 bucks so that even better

Reaction score
Hopefully, it does have the ability to stand as well. One of the three in the e1 set did, do it shouldn't be that difficult for Hasbro to do it.

Reaction score
Habs98 said:
Haven't you seen The Phantom Menace???

These are all over Naboo. They are deployed in droid walking form at the beginning of the movie on board the Federation Battle Cruiser, they fly over Theed in the invasion, they fight in space against the Naboo pilots, etc. Plus the 3-pk one that came out in 1999 had one that transformed into a walking version, and the Action Fleet version does that too.

Reaction score
CHEWIE said:
Habs98 said:
Haven't you seen The Phantom Menace???

These are all over Naboo. They are deployed in droid walking form at the beginning of the movie on board the Federation Battle Cruiser, they fly over Theed in the invasion, they fight in space against the Naboo pilots, etc. Plus the 3-pk one that came out in 1999 had one that transformed into a walking version, and the Action Fleet version does that too.

Don't yell at me, I'm going to cry!!!!

I guess I didn't really take notice to them on Naboo. I do remember them though, so leave me alone now!!!

Oh yeah, I'll be buying 1!!!

GNT

Reaction score
Not totally over excited about this vehicle at the moment. Might pass

Reaction score
Looks like a stright repaint of the Trade Federation Droid Fighter from the E1 line but hey Im cool with that.

I just hope they used the one that can transform into walking mode and not the stiff one that doesn't do anything.

Reaction score
It seems to have a shiny round spot near the center of it's "wing", which could indicate a screw for swiveling articulation.

I trust this can be positioned in walking mode.

May be cool to display with Separatist Droid armies, as it is in fact an unpiloted Droid.

Reaction score
Hmmm...not too excited by this. Looks exactly like the Ep1 droid fighter I've already got - and I was never keen on that design anyway.

Don't know why but I'm not really interested in un-manned vehicles...

Reaction score
Not too bad, like the colours. And only for $10 might be worth one or two of them after a bit.

Reaction score
I'll probably pick up a couple of them. I was disappointed that these didn't show up on Geonosis in AOTC, glad to see they are in ROTS.

GNT

Reaction score
I'll probably end up buying it just because I passed on the TPM version so it's kinda a win/win piece for me. Not totally impressive but nothing can be done about that...thankgod for the buzz droid packin

Reaction score
Ah, I *thought* I saw a Federation fighter next to the 2 Tri-fighters in the ROTS Trailer. I understand why the spider droids are named as such, but why is this one called a vulture droid?

Reaction score
yeah shame isnt it - i'd much prefered to have a version that was more a droid than a vehicle - or even better, both!!

Reaction score
That's a pretty cool set, I really dig the paint apps. and Buzz Droid pack-in, that's too cool.

Although this dosen't have a mechanized walking action-feature, the wings can be pivoted to make it stand in "patrol mode" or whatever it's term is.

Reaction score
Looks super. An extra Buzz Droid too?
I like how the wings are backwards on the fighter.

Reaction score
The Vulture Droid does not have a head to move. It's optic sensors are planted in it's body frame.

It's wings are also not on backwards.
Are the TIE Interceptor's wings on backwards?

Reaction score
Good to see that the final product has the wings on correctly. The promotional image, plus the one on the package itself, had the wings on backwards.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Vulture Droid - Firing Missile Launcher

The Vulture Droid turned out better then expected - I love blue stripes and grey markings over the wings.

Reaction score

Too bad they probably will not use the Action Fleet Version- it was far superior in articulation to the 3 3/4" one, and about the same size as well.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The Vulture Droid does not have a head to move. It's optic sensors are planted in it's body frame.

[/QUOTE]

The droid actually can raise it's head up on a neck. And yeah, the wings are on backwards on the package.

Reaction score

Okay. This is new to me, as I don't remeber the head being lifted from TPM, and it didn't seem like a necessary function.

Reaction score

Anyone have the green hull/red sensors variant? Looks like they'll be showing that variation in the movie rather than the original blue hull/green sensors . .

Reaction score

ya whats the diff between the two?
any pics of the other one?

Reaction score

I found one of each at 2 different Targets this week. I like the blue one better than the green, but I'm just glad I finally found them. They are on sale too, $8.49 through Saturday, so that was a nice surprise.