Definitive Saga Figures?

Reaction score
Are there any Saga figures that hold with today's standards, sculpt wise? Any that should be avoided? I'm beginning to go back in time for my collection, past the OTC collection, and I need some advice. Any help?

Reaction score
These figures are definitive IMO:

*R1-G4
*Ephant Mon

R1-G4 is perfect. R1 droids basically looked like big fire hydrants, so the sculpt is the drawcard, & he's spot on.. the detail is amazing. Ephant Mon is basically a beautiful statue, but again - the sculpt is a jaw dropper, so in that sense alone he doesn't need tweaking. He's great for any Jabba dio, & he's HUGE! Hasbro did such a good job sculpting him, that I doubt they'll ever do him again.

The rest of the figures in the Saga line were either severely pre-posed or under articulated - or had a silly action feature that hindered the sculpt / articulaion. Not one of the best SW collections in those regards..

Reaction score
Thanks!!! I'm actually not looking for main characters - they're bound to be redone until 2018.

Reaction score
Here's my photo list of basic figures that still stand out as great sculpts and IMO need no updates.

Reaction score
Thanks!!! Now that I see the Palpatine and Orn Free Taa, I'm convinced they're worth the buy. Ephant Mon's sculpt is worthy of special mention. WAH - I faint every time I see it because of the magnificent detail that it has! (That last bit is slightly dramatic
)
The only complaint is Palpatine. I wish he had SG, because I'd like him to be able to sit down!

Reaction score
^I've heard that Ephant Mon was always rare at retail. Good luck hunting!

Reaction score
Spookymufu said:
I like that Ephant Mon, I was looking for one at a good price but I just cant find one....the hunt goes on!
That...and just wierd distribution. I found mine at Kmart at the time. I also read a report IIRC about just bunches at the Times Square TRU.

Reaction score
MisterNLD said:
Are there any Saga figures that hold with today's standards, sculpt wise? Any that should be avoided? I'm beginning to go back in time for my collection, past the OTC collection, and I need some advice. Any help?
Here is my list that you can add to PizzaTheHutt list, imho these figures don't need an update, I rather see new characters made and if they don't upadated these figures, I'll be happy with the end result, as you can see these are background characters except for Padme, but do you really need an updated of every single different outfit of her
?:

Happu B-Day PizzaTheHutt

Reaction score
^^ Thanks for the b'day wishes!!

Those are also good choices, except I'm not crazy about Taun We. She's much too short compared to Lama Su.

GNT

Reaction score
PizzatheHut said:
^^ Thanks for the b'day wishes!!

Those are also good choices, except I'm not crazy about Taun We. She's much too short compared to Lama Su.
Just what I was thinking as well, they need to be redone and done to scale.

Reaction score
I agree, Ephont Mon was a superb figure and there is no need to re-do this. If anything, this figure should be re-released in the "Legends" sub-line for those who couldn't get it the first time around. I was very fortunate to find this at a Target in late 2002, and never saw it before or after - this was a very, very tough figure to find.

I would have to agree that most of the other figures mentioned are definitive as well, i.e. Padme in flight suit w/helmet (from the very beginning of AOTC), 2 Imperial Dignitaries, etc. By the time this line rolled around, the sculpts had definitely been improved from the POTF2 & POTJ lines. In fact, I would have to say the this Saga line is possibly the most underrated of all of the SW figure lines -however, much of this is probably because many of these figures were extremely difficult to find, i.e. the aforementioned Ephont Mon, Padme/Amidala in wedding dress, the AOTC cantina patrons, etc.

Reaction score
I'm good with most of the ideas, except Djas Puhr. He really did suck in articulation. He can't even sit down!

Reaction score
Agreed on Djas - he needs the SA treatment. Teebo needs a re-do, he's too big wouldn't you say? Also, pilot Padme's a good figure, except for that stupid big button in her back..

Reaction score
I think they should re-do the Kamino cloners, since they're too small compared to the size they were in the movie. I really like those aliens, i don't know why, it sort of has this vintage Alien style about them. Hope they make a battle pack with new sculpts (since there is a possibility they will be in the new force unleashed game.)

Reaction score
I hope they redo the AOTC Padme with better articulation and face/head sculp.

Is that a hickey?

They could throw in a second head to get the yelling look also.

Reaction score
On the other hand, the Padme pilot is a very good figure, except for the lipstick smudge mine has.

Reaction score
Dang, nice picture! I can't wait for my Ephant Mon for X-mas (yes, I'm one of those collectors that doesn't mind torturing himself and putting things up for Christmas). I didn't know he came with he little spear-cane until recently. I actually lost it when i was putting him up for the holidays, found it though.