Death Watch Mandalorian - #VC219

Reaction score
Are we sure it's from the Mandalorian? Because the image those showed was from TCW, and you'd think if the source material was indeed from the Mandalorian they'd use one of those stills?

While I will definitely be getting a few I am curious which mold they will be using, Din or Fett?

Reaction score
Are we sure it's from the Mandalorian? Because the image those showed was from TCW, and you'd think if the source material was indeed from the Mandalorian they'd use one of those stills?

While I will definitely be getting a few I am curious which mold they will be using, Din or Fett?
Doesn't matter to me, I'll use it as an OT era Mando alongside Bo-Katan and the Armorer.

Reaction score
Sounds nice and will buy many to go with my TCW Death Watch transport. But we need Mauldalorian warriors, Gar Saxon and Rook Kast.

Reaction score
Even if it's from CW it'll be a realistic take, probably using a good chunk of the Boba Fett mold so I'm super excited

bac

Reaction score
I'm guessing CW card art, but the figure will work for live action as well.

I'm in for a case.

Reaction score
Retool but new enough to be exciting. Super Commando and Loyalist may come later on as well.

bac

Reaction score
I expect to get figure glamour shots at PulseCon. Another unknown, in addition to the card back and build, is whether the first case after Bo-Katan will follow the instant pre-order route or the Lando case delayed pre-order route.

To be honest I'm digging the idea of getting the Lando wave not too long after pre-ordering it versus waiting 4-8 months.

Reaction score
I personally like knowing what whole wave is at once and being able to act on that info on whether buying a whole case is worth it, rather than it taking 8 months to find out what a wave consist of and having to order 1-2 at a time every 3 months. So I do hope they keep that aspect because it also helps me keep track of who is exactly in what wave.

The only reason I can se for the string-a-long method was that they don't have enough offerings in a year to spread out the reveals, so that's why they went the 2 figure at a time route. Are we okay if we have to wait the whole 6 months before we know what's in a wave and to pre-order it versus getting slow and steady reveals? As it might mean fewer reveals per year thus less live streams, which aren't that many to begin with.

bac

Reaction score
We had an almost 3-month live stream drought this summer. Now we're getting another by month's end, PulseCon a month after that, and possibly a Book of Boba Fett-themed one by year's' end -- purely speculative.

I would be shocked to see a 3-month drought next year with all the new media hitting, unless some of that new media gets delayed.

Reaction score
Even if it's from CW it'll be a realistic take, probably using a good chunk of the Boba Fett mold so I'm super excited
There is literally not a single element from the new Boba Fett mold thay would make any sense for this figure.

Reaction score
There is literally not a single element from the new Boba Fett mold thay would make any sense for this figure.
Really, not a single one? Knees, chest and shoulders look like really easy ones, especially that v1 smooth chest mold... You forgetting that most of these translation figures take big liberties with accuracy?

Reaction score
Really, not a single one? Knees, chest and shoulders look like really easy ones, especially that v1 smooth chest mold... You forgetting that most of these translation figures take big liberties with accuracy?
Not a single one.

If they are reusing anything it should be the Mandalorian figure.

Reaction score
How so? Did you not see the placeholder image for it? Looked to me to clearly be the same torso as Boba, which most of the Mandalorians from TCW had. That said, they could basically use Jango as well since his legs more close match that of those generic Mando troopers. That would make the most sense if it's part of a reuse wave. However, if it's indeed an all new sculpt then who knows.

I have a strong suspicion that if anything it's going to be kitbash reusing Boba Fett with retooled legs and arms. Since it's based on TCW and not the Mandalorian, so no, I don't feel the Din/Mandalorian figure will be used.

Now if/when they ever do make a Death Watch figure based from the Mandalorian appearance then by all means reuse Din.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Masterfett

I am mistaken. I thought this figure was based on the characters from The Mandalorian and not the S7 Clone Wars. Still makes little sense that Fett would be reused but it's a little more acceptable.

Reaction score
The reason I see the new Fett being reused is due to his construction, they now have the ability to just swap new limbs in and out more easily than it used to be. Which is why I feel they'll reuse his torso and possibly upper arms and simply tool new lower arms/gauntlets, legs helmet. Swap out the belt for something else. Like I said above they could also possibly reuse Jango and tool new legs like they did with the TBS Loyalist figure.

We will simply have to wait and see what they do, perhaps at Pulsecon?

bac

Reaction score
Pulsecon seems like the ideal time to unveil the Mandalorian and Frigin Dan figures.

Reaction score
This will be nice, especially if it leads to a new Jango.
I think the thigh armor would be the only significant difference as the Deathwatch armor wraps around the thighs and has built in holsters.

Reaction score
I'm thinking two of these and hopefully they make Mauls version soon after. I'll pose them with Maul like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-003542~2.png
    Screenshot_20210923-003542~2.png
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 46
Reaction score
Well it only requires a new head sculpt with horns, so if they didn't it'd be one of the biggest missed opportunities/blunders ever by them. It strikes me odd sometimes with their lack of vison on the easiest things that could be done yet it never happens or takes a decade.

Reaction score
I was under the assumption this one was from TCW, but I'd be happy with the Mando we saw in The Mandalorian that saved Din as a child.

bac

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's TCW as well, while the rumored TBS one is the live-action version. Similar split that Hasbro did with Greef's outfits.

Reaction score
I too think TVC version is TCW while TBS is from the Mandalorian. It would be cool if they sculpted new legs for TVC186 Boba along with a new head sculpt for Pre Vizsla and then again for Almec!

Reaction score
I too think TVC version is TCW while TBS is from the Mandalorian. It would be cool if they sculpted new legs for TVC186 Boba along with a new head sculpt for Pre Vizsla and then again for Almec!
really would not be hard to just repaint the Loyalist... Mandos are a slam dunk.

bac

Reaction score
really would not be hard to just repaint the Loyalist... Mandos are a slam dunk.

Agreed, but spreading them out works for me. We've got Bo-Katan and Death Trooper coming in probable consecutive waves, and if we're lucky Fett not too long after that. The faucet is open.

Reaction score
where do they go up for preorder? will i be able to secure a case instead of just 2 characters?

Last edited: