Death Star Trooper - #13

Reaction score
Re: Death Star Trooper

I have two so far, beggers can't be choosy, at least they made a new version. The legs suck, It looks like the "wide stance" is going to be the hallmark of this line. It's pretty pathetic really, all these improvements, and this is what is comes to. A bunch of figures that look good only when squatting over an iraqi toilet.

Reaction score

Found two today - magnificent figures these are!

I'm gonna buy some more, if I come across these again...

This figure has been long overdue... glad it's finally here!

Reaction score

Managed to pick up 2 of these last week.
Had a ago at a leg torso swap. Bring his height down a bit. The belt is still a bit wonky, the 'fit' needs a bit of work.

Used some spare General Madine legs, boots are shorter (as on the 1st Death Star) and the trouser legs are straight not like officer breeches.

GNT

Reaction score

Im in the group that thinks the new Death Star Trooper looks exactly like Victor Garber from Alias. Obviously a fan made it

Reaction score

Oh, Bravo!!!! Freakin' BRA-VO!!!!!!!!! Now THAT's an awesome lookin' Death STAR TROOPER!!!!! The new legs make a WORLD of difference!!

Nice job, BH82

Reaction score

blueharvest82 said:
Had a ago at a leg torso swap. Bring his height down a bit. The belt is still a bit wonky, the 'fit' needs a bit of work.

Used some spare General Madine legs, boots are shorter (as on the 1st Death Star) and the trouser legs are straight not like officer breeches.

Dude that looks great!!

If you're looking for a tighter fit with some legs, the Death Star Gunner legs work really nice - they fit great and there's no play between the belt and the torso and the skirt.

The color of the pants match good, and the boots on the DS Gunner legs are the same shade of black as the DS Trooper gloves - just a nice smidge of a built-in detail.

Reaction score

I like this figure because all you have to do is add rank badges and presto Imperial Officers in black!

Reaction score

Finally got and opened some of mine. I'm pretty happy with this guy. My only complaint is that his knees are a little nobby.

As far as the height complaints I have been hearing, I don't know what folks are talking about. He is NO WHERE near as tall as Vader. All of mine seem perfectly inline with the rest of the imperial troops.

GNT

Reaction score

Give it time and they'll be around in huge numbers, I've see a few floating around on the shelves here already.

Reaction score

DST is back up at HTS.

Over 550 available as of 12:53 pst. Looks like everyone will have a shot at them for a while.

Reaction score

ShyTown said:
Dude that looks great!!

If you're looking for a tighter fit with some legs, the Death Star Gunner legs work really nice - they fit great and there's no play between the belt and the torso and the skirt.

The color of the pants match good, and the boots on the DS Gunner legs are the same shade of black as the DS Trooper gloves - just a nice smidge of a built-in detail.
Thanks J, doing alot of experimenting.. will give it a try.

Thinking about maybe customizing the second troopers head too, or a possible switch...

Push comes to shove, I could paint a moustache on him 'a la Holiday Special' Shop-lifting off duty Imp officer

Reaction score

DarthMac said:
DST is back up at HTS.

Over 550 available as of 12:53 pst. Looks like everyone will have a shot at them for a while.
exactly 457 available @ 14:30 P.S.T. (after my 2 for a fellow Vegas 'Scummer).
S?:>}

Reaction score

I never buy figs such as this guy, but its too good to be true, so I'm getting one. Fully Articulated figures please me.

Reaction score

This is one fantastic figure!
As for the knees - I thought they were accurate as I hear all Brits have knobby knees

Reaction score

This is a great figure. I have been waiting for a SA version for YEARS!

Reaction score

Haven't seen it before, but does this guy have any head swaps, that is, is there a figure out there that allows for an easy head swap with this guy, other than cutting at the neck post.

Reaction score

Hmm...it's interesting that they kept stocking the Death Star Trooper (which is supposed to be in stores and "readily available") but just had a limited amount of Airborne Troopers and Galactic Marines (I've seen 2 Airbornes overall and haven't seen one Galactic Marine). Thankfully, I was able to get 2 GMs before they were sold out, and I'm glad I finally had my chance to get some.

Reaction score

coybrafett said:
Haven't seen it before, but does this guy have any head swaps, that is, is there a figure out there that allows for an easy head swap with this guy, other than cutting at the neck post.
I swapped in Officer Cass and General Tagge from a spare briefing-room set. (I got the spare to switch the legs.) They look good -- under the helmet you can't tell they're Cass and Tagge. Neck is slightly darker than the heads, and the heads ride a bit too low unless you place them carefully/stick a bit of something in there, but I'm pretty happy with it....

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
Blitzkriegtrench said:
ShyTown said:
319 @ 12:25 P.S.T.
So it looks like they are stocking this guy more regularly.
Spence?:>}
I don't see on that page where it says how many are availabe?
There isn't one. I think. I start with like 1000 and just remove them from my cart until it goes from "Out of Stock" to a normal cart.

Reaction score

This fig. looks great. Can't wait to find one. Finding a few would be even better.

Reaction score

blueharvest82 said:

That's wonderful. I'd rather have some decently sculpted non articulated legs than those crappy knobby legs. Why couldn't Hasbro've used the ones you did?

Reaction score

Kooshmeister said:
Because then we'd all be complaining about the rehash.
No kidding ... someone's always complaining about something, regardless ... that's what makes this so fun!!

Sev

Reaction score

I got this today and reviewed it and found that despite the knees it is a wonderful figure!

Reaction score

ITs really really nice. To me he kinda looks like Quentin Tarantino (Veers looks more like QT, but this one is pretty close too)

Reaction score

The knees are a real disappointment. I thought this figure was going to be a lot more. Still nice with all the articulation.

Reaction score

i love this guy and i havent had any troubles finding him either.

i think he is a great empire troop builder and adds depth to my small badn of imperials. i love the SA, although i admit, his shoulders and knees are a bit awkward (for lack of better word) but he still looks and poses great!