Death Star Gunner -#**

Reaction score
Yeah, okay. I'm sure they're on that. :rolleyes:

How long has that sculpt been around now with no repaint?

Reaction score
Are we talking about this guy?

This is the one that doesn't use the 'vader-esque' black suit that's been discussed before. And note the missing Imperial insignia at the shoulders.

Reaction score
We got that version already though, plus the Battlefront Engineer variant. Hasbro just needs to repack that version again with the updated elbows. But I do want the RO(neo-ANH) variant. But the proportions on the newer Imperial soldiers is a bit off, they're skinnier/lankier(in arms and or legs) with sometimes tiny heads now. In order to not make the BS Death Trooper look ridiculous you need to swop the head for either version of the 5poa.

Reaction score
We got that version already though, plus the Battlefront Engineer variant. Hasbro just needs to repack that version again with the updated elbows. But I do want the RO(neo-ANH) variant. But the proportions on the newer Imperial soldiers is a bit off, they're skinnier/lankier(in arms and or legs) with sometimes tiny heads now. In order to not make the BS Death Trooper look ridiculous you need to swop the head for either version of the 5poa.
I suspect this will be a situation like the ATAT Driver and the Cloud Car Pilot etc, where actually the previous, less articulated version just looks way better.

Reaction score
Is that thigh break articulation? This is just getting stupid. It’s like someone at Hasbro is trying to force me out of this hobby.

Reaction score
Are you new to modern figures? Because that joint has been around for the last few Movies...
Not to mention it's included on the two new OT Jabba's henchman. :\

Been saying it since it started, that we don't need the thigh cut or the mid torso joint. Spend that Money elsewhere. :whistling:
Hasbro's the one saying that TVC comes with a higher cost, yet don't give us any say in how we'd like the articulation spent.

Reaction score
Are you new to modern figures? Because that joint has been around for the last few Movies...
Not to mention it's included on the two new OT Jabba's henchman. :\

Been saying it since it started, that we don't need the thigh cut or the mid torso joint. Spend that Money elsewhere. :whistling:
Hasbro's the one saying that TVC comes with a higher cost, yet don't give us any say in how we'd like the articulation spent.
I know SA militants want to assassinate me every time I say this but I generally hate ball joint hips even unless they can completely hide them behind a tunic or something. In my experience the ball joint hips makes peoples legs look dislocated from their pelvis (especially on the card everybody looks like their pelvis and elbows are broken, am I alone in perceiving this to be the case?)

Worse, the ball joint makes it impossible to sit them down on a chair in a natural way because the dong or vaj section of the pelvis forces their knees wide open so they are manspreading New York Subway style.

Until they find a way to make a completely seamless ball joint hip...I love swivel hips and I wish ball joints (for hips) would go away

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my experience the ball joint hips makes peoples legs look dislocated from their pelvis (especially on the card everybody looks like their pelvis and elbows are broken, am I alone in perceiving this to be the case?)

Until they find a way to make a completely seamless ball joint hip...I love swivel hips and I wish ball joints (for hips) would go away
I agree. Those ball joints make the DSG look weird imo. Also those swivel thighs need to be tightened up as they just look terrible as well.

Reaction score
Looks a little funky with the small helmet and the thigh cutouts, but the POTF2 DSG was a favorite of mine as a child, so I'm looking forward to adding this guy to my MOC TVC collection.

jim

Reaction score

I think they have **** with the hip, is not integrated into the design as if it happens with Bespin Lukke, for example. Maybe I'll catch it and customize it a bit. It's a shame because I wanted a new version of these troopers.

Reaction score
the only negative aspect on this figure is the helmet not being removable, otherwise its an excellent figure

Reaction score

I think they have **** with the hip, is not integrated into the design as if it happens with Bespin Lukke, for example. Maybe I'll catch it and customize it a bit. It's a shame because I wanted a new version of these troopers.
whose that photo? a hasbro executive? who has already those figures!!

Reaction score
EEEEKKKK....what is this? I can sort of make out the jumpsuit lines (like on the actual uniform) along the left arm, but the arms in general are just too wrinkly. The gloves are STILL the wrong length, they don't quite reach up that close to the elbows. Pocket flaps on the thighs are STILL wrong, they should be straight across, not angular. What reference photo did they use????? I bet the 6" Black Series will look like this.

Reaction score
I don't like that they're making all the new Clone to Imperial and FO troopers have really skinny limbs, they look inferior to older figures. Even the Death Troopers look like skeletons, arms are way too thin on them too.

Reaction score
Ch4cked my ranks recently and I only have two SA DS Gunners, plus the weird grey " engineer" from the original BAD line that I use as a gunner crew leader type. So yeah I will get a few of these if I can

Reaction score
The Engineer is from the original Battlefront II game. You an also use them as E-Web gunners from TFU.

Reaction score
I don't like that they're making all the new Clone to Imperial and FO troopers have really skinny limbs, they look inferior to older figures. Even the Death Troopers look like skeletons, arms are way too thin on them too.
Same here. But it's been happening for few years now. I'm sure it has to do with saving costs on plastic. Guess it's a good thing that POTF figures were so long ago, that we don't have to try and blend them together! lol

Reaction score
Back in the day POTF2 waves 5 and 6 had some of my favorite figs including R5-D4, Sandtrooper, and the Death Star Gunner. I’m looking forward to completing that trifecta on nouveau Vintage Cards!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This thing is a hot mess. I can only hope the production figure does not look like this pinheaded, G.I. Joe-hipped, Elongated Man-esque weirdo.

Will be sticking with my Saga gunners unless there's a drastic improvement in the final product.

Reaction score
Oh don't worry, when it comes to 6" nothing but the best. We've spared no expense! lol

Besides, don't they usually scale down, not up? Meaning 6" to 3.75".

Reaction score
Like I said, I just don't know what reference materials they're using these days. The 12" and 3.75" 5POA Biker Scouts as an example have 'awful' similarities in their respective helmet/visor presentations....it just looks like a cut-and-paste job. And I guess someone didn't stock up on 'red eye correction pens' at the Hasbro office when planning to reissue BS Yoda. Not trying to beat a dead horse here, just not seeing the proper quality control on the BS side of things for me to call that 6" line 'popular'. :whistling:

Reaction score
So experts, are my SA Gunners from Saga?

They change cards /lines so often ( and I collect so many other toy lines other ta Star wars) that I can never remember who is from what once they get a few years old lol

Reaction score
EEEEKKKK....what is this? I can sort of make out the jumpsuit lines (like on the actual uniform) along the left arm, but the arms in general are just too wrinkly. The gloves are STILL the wrong length, they don't quite reach up that close to the elbows. Pocket flaps on the thighs are STILL wrong, they should be straight across, not angular. What reference photo did they use????? I bet the 6" Black Series will look like this.
This is a Rogue One gunner, not from the OT, hence the differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ah, I get it now....the Death Star has its own special firing control room and operators during single-reactor ignition. :p
Apparently so, lol. For some reason, there were costume differences between many of the RO troopers and their OT counterparts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Looks like an Original Trilogy "Death Star" Gunner figure to me since they had that padded protection vest in both New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

Reaction score
Plus they're technically "Death Star" gunners

Theyre technically just gunners and/or engineers that deal with the big cannons basically at military operations yada yada.

Reaction score
Not the most exciting reveal but glad we can cross of this one from the "Imperial troopers to do" TVC list.

Last edited: