Death Star Deco Light

Reaction score
Same remote I got in the Celebration Vader version.

One remote should work with all lights.
On that note... I picked up Vader's hand with saber at Target tonight for only 11.98 on clearance!
They also had Phasma and Kylo Ren sippy cups (ZAK!) brand on clearance.
It is so weird how they clearance a few things in their prime.

I don't know if any other Deco lights are on clearance though, didn't really look.
My Targets are redoing the planogram for home fashions and maybe that particular light didn't make the cut, since it is a weird box shape.

Reaction score
I ordered a vader head from amazon and it did come with a remote, that works (sort of). There's a loose wire inside the head I need to fix though, it keeps casting a shadow on the lenses.

Reaction score
I ordered a vader head from amazon and it did come with a remote, that works (sort of). There's a loose wire inside the head I need to fix though, it keeps casting a shadow on the lenses.

Good for you! Apparently some batches include the remote while others don't. Two Vader head lights were opened for me at local stores and neither one had the remotes, and none of the other lights had the remote either. Was the remote included with your Vader light visible from the outside of the package, not needing to open the box?

Reaction score
Just opened the Vader hand I got at Target on clearance. My remote from Celebration Vader head works with it.

Reaction score
No, it was inside the box behind the head, inside the plastic clamshell.

Good to know. Thanks!
So there's a chance folks buying a light online could find it has a remote inside. Much better than having to call the company to get a remote sent to you, which takes a couple of weeks.

Reaction score
My Target restocked these today...I picked up the Death Star 3D deco light(they also had Vader head & hand/lightsaber. The DS looks cool under my Anakin/Vader autograph portrait & beside my Imperial focus 1/6th Ikea Detolf...overlooking my big Hasbro walker.

Reaction score
I can't wait for mine to arrive. I have the Vader head up on one wall (wouldn't really recommend it; it's kinda neat, not worth $45). But this looks phenomenal.

Reaction score
FYI, if you have a Discover card, you may have a current offer online for an in-store Kohl's purchase. Mine had $10 off $30 coupon I could print out. Kohl's has the Death Star light on sale right now for $31.99 (must present coupon and pay with your Discover card). I plan on picking this up tomorrow for $21.99.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked it up yesterday with the coupon. Looks great and of course, has no remote. I'll be contacting them tomorrow...thanks for the details on that!
Now my other son wants an R2 light. I wonder if the Discover coupon has a unique bar code, as she gave it right back to me. Hmmm.

Reaction score
I got the remote from Canada, but it doesn't work with Death Star 3D light...anybody know what's going on...the switch on the DS, I assume, has to be set to one of the "on" positions. I pulled the plastic tab on the remote, but nothing. Sent for another in the meantime.

Reaction score
I got the remote from Canada, but it doesn't work with Death Star 3D light...anybody know what's going on...the switch on the DS, I assume, has to be set to one of the "on" positions. I pulled the plastic tab on the remote, but nothing. Sent for another in the meantime.

I received mine three days ago. Mine didn't seem to work either the first few times I tried it, then it was fine. We leave it on the timer mode all the time, so we just have to click it once to turn it on at bedtime for my son and it will time out in 20 mins.

Reaction score

I posted about this two pages back, a couple of weeks ago, detailing all contact information and what position to set the light switch on for the remote to work...

Guys, it took about three weeks but I received a pair of brand new remote controls today. They even have the Star Wars logo on them, so it is obvious these were meant to be included with the lamps, but weren't. They came in a manila padded envelope (see picture below), placed inside clear bags, and with batteries ready to work once the clear tabs isolating their contacts were pulled. As someone had previously mentioned, the Death Star, or any other lamp for that matter, needs to have the light switch set on Timer mode. The "+" button on the remote turns the light on, the "-" button turns it off. You do have to aim the remote directly at the lamp to get it to work. That said, I like not having to deal with the light switch manually, and being able to work the light from a distance.

The company is located in Canada. When you call ask to speak to Rossana Saccone, and let her know you are missing the remote. She will ask where you bought the lamp(s), and how many remotes you need. She'll take down your address and phone number then give you a file # for your order. The order and shipping are free of charge. The remotes are sent via Canada Post, thus depending on where you are located, it might take some extra time to get them to you. Good luck!

*The phone number to call is: 1-800-661-6721 (Rossana Saccone).

If for any reason you need their address, here it is:

Accent-Fairchild Group INC.
5151 Thimens Blvd.
Saint-Laurent QC H4R 2C8
Canada

REMOTES4DS_zpss8gojyri.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, LightSword...I guess I didn't go back far enough in the posts. I'll try again. UPDATE: NOW it works...whoever inserted the button cell battery in the remote had it upside down...guess I should have checked that in the 1st place{sigh}.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are welcome. Happy to know it was a battery issue, and you did not have to return the remote. Pretty cool collectible, isn't it? and the remote makes it so much simpler to use its light up feature.

Reaction score
Absolutely...I just had some of my wife's friends down to the mancave(several had kids with them) to see my SW collection...and that 3D Death Star was their fav. thing.

Reaction score
I am hoping to add this light next week to my collection. From what I've seen, Meijer here in Indiana is going to have these for $9.99 on Black Friday.

Reaction score
Just put up my Vader (from Celebration) and the Saber hand I got on clearance a couple weeks ago at Target. (I think in the store reset, those somehow got clearanced at one store).
Since wall space it at a premium I had to improvise. I have a PVC pipe from a desk to the ceiling as a decorative "sci-fi" fixture, so I used that.
Really do want to get the Death Star, and would love to find it for 10 bucks! But no Meijers on the west coast.

Reaction score
Loving the Death Star, Posted it up on a black background. Will mount it up once I have a permenant place for it. The DS did not come with a remote (or batteries) like other lights do.

Reaction score
Add a Star Wars Planetarium, I think it looks pretty cool!!

160295_full.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine doesn't light anymore, no matter the new batteries I add inside. Maybe some connectors...
Need to find out why :(

Reaction score
That sucks!. It was brand new, just picked out of a box at the store, when I sent it to you last year. Hopefully it is something easily fixable. Mine still works without any issues. Sorry to hear yours is defective, Sergiu.:(