Death Star Deco Light

Reaction score
Star Wars: Death Star 3D Wall Light Preorder - Merchoid

They also offer free shipping worldwide

1_vert.jpg

Reaction score
Aw, I thought it was going to be one of those round/oval cutout light panel things.

Reaction score
Target is now carrying this whole line. All the ones we saw at celebration with r2, death star, the vader hand with saber, as well as a previously unseen BB-8. All were priced 39.99 I think.

Reaction score
Target is now carrying this whole line. All the ones we saw at celebration with r2, death star, the vader hand with saber, as well as a previously unseen BB-8. All were priced 39.99 I think.

Kohl's has this on sale this week for $37.99 but before you get excited, I tried to buy one with coupons but they will NOT let you use any coupons on them because they are considering this a premier electronic item

Reaction score
Okay, some questions.
1) How is it powered? Is there a cord going somewhere or is it LED/Battery?
2) How bright is it?

Reaction score
Went to my local Kohl's looking for one since it was showing available...they couldn't locate it though. So went ahead and ordered it online...they also had this cool Death Star bathroom rug I ordered as well to put in either my kids or collection room bathroom. I have such a weak spot for Death Star stuff.

Reaction score
Okay, some questions.
1) How is it powered? Is there a cord going somewhere or is it LED/Battery?
2) How bright is it?

They had 7 of these lights at a Kohl's near me on sale for $39.99 + tax. I just walked in and bought one using my Kohl's card, which gave me an extra 15% off. It is powered by three AA batteries, no cord. It has a hardly noticeable, very small (on/off/timer) switch located on its lower right side. The timer setting allows the LED lights to remain on for 30 minutes, automatically turning off once the end of the time frame has been reached. I did not use the accompanying sticker that simulates a cracked wall because it is meant for smooth surfaces only, and my walls are textured. Still, the Death Star looks good without it. The subtle, warm green light coming from the targeting field generator, combined with the tiny specs of white light seeping through the hundreds of tiny holes on its surface create an awesome bright look, even more once the lights in the room are turned off. As an accent piece, this is an inexpensive, cool item, in my view worth adding to any collection.

* If you call Kohl's to have one set aside for you for pick up, this is the number you need to give them:

SKU # 99795402

DSCN8411%20copy_zpscgufsa9b.jpg

DSCN8431%20copy_zps5qhtoonc.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
How is this attached to the wall? Screws?

A couple of drywall anchors and screws are provided. There are holes on the back of the DS where the screws go (see picture below). The sticker simulating a cracked wall accompanying the DS, also serves as the template to properly place the screws into the wall.

DSCN8431%20A_zpsnqu9hepy.jpg

DSCN8479_zpse2iacims.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Julian. I like it but I'm still thinking if I have a space for displaying this piece

You are welcome, Sergiu. As to give you an idea of the space needed to display it, the Death Star has a diameter of 11 1/2" (29.21 cm), and a depth of 6" (15.24 cm).

Reaction score
I like how you didn't used the decal as the backdrop, LightSword. I may have to pick this up now!

Reaction score
I like how you didn't used the decal as the backdrop, LightSword. I may have to pick this up now!

Thanks, rnbuda. I know we all have our own likes, and I'm sure to some people the cracked wall decal might look just fine. Personally, it looked too fake to me; too much like a drawing, distracting the eye from the DS. That, and the fact my walls are textured kept me away from using it. From a distance, if someone were to place the decal and DS up high on a wall, the effect probably would look more realistic. It's a nice accent piece to any Star Wars room, if you've got the wall space. The only thing missing: a remote control for the lights.

Reaction score
Thanks, rnbuda. I know we all have our own likes, and I'm sure to some people the cracked wall decal might look just fine. Personally, it looked too fake to me; too much like a drawing, distracting the eye from the DS. That, and the fact my walls are textured kept me away from using it. From a distance, if someone were to place the decal and DS up high on a wall, the effect probably would look more realistic. It's a nice accent piece to any Star Wars room, if you've got the wall space. The only thing missing: a remote control for the lights.

if you get the Vader or Yoda from target, they come with the remote that works for all the lights :)

Reaction score
The only thing missing: a remote control for the lights.

That would be nice. I'm thinking of getting two of these--this one and either Vader's helmet or saber. A RC would be nice. In my son's room we have a moon that hangs on the wall like these, and it does have a remote.

Reaction score
if you get the Vader or Yoda from target, they come with the remote that works for all the lights :)

Thanks for letting me know. I was thinking of getting the Vader one for my son's room, so I will look into this. I wonder why those come with remote and not the Death Star?

That would be nice. I'm thinking of getting two of these--this one and either Vader's helmet or saber. A RC would be nice. In my son's room we have a moon that hangs on the wall like these, and it does have a remote.

I think you have the same moon we also have in our son's room :) It's a neat light. Is it the one that transitions through all 12 moon phases?

Reaction score
When I picked up the Vader from Celebration in Anaheim it came with a remote, as a "show special" and they said it would work with other lights. Wonder if maybe they will have the remote as a separate purchase on the website?

Has anyone picked up the BB-8 light? He looks real cute.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This thing turned much nicer than I expected! I like it so much I might have to grab another one. My son is even asking me for one as he seems to love as well. Really sweet purchase for $39.99
12032084_10207379482627205_5466749180268116208_n.jpg

Reaction score

Following up on your comment, I had this checked out today at two different Targets and one Kohl's store near me. The employees were kind enough to open Yoda, Darth Vader, R2-D2, Vader's hand, C3PO and another Death Star. Every light on the sales floor they checked out had no remote. At Kohl's they even went in the back and opened a new case with Vader's lamp in it, and there was no remote either. Furthermore, in the instructions for these lamps, there is no mention of a remote control being provided. What's interesting is that, according to 3DLightFX's website (the maker of these lamps), all their Star Wars lamps come with a remote and batteries, however, that is not the case. I sent an email to their Customer Service department regarding this issue, and I'm waiting on their reply. Either they need to update their information showing what's actually provided with each lamp, or in whatever factory in China these are being made, they forgot to include remotes and batteries. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now it's the moment to really use the Death Star and threaten them to a faith similar to Alderaan if not providing remote :grin:

Reaction score
Following up on your comment, I had this checked out today at two different Targets and one Kohl's store near me. The employees were kind enough to open Yoda, Darth Vader, R2-D2, Vader's hand, C3PO and another Death Star. Every light on the sales floor they checked out had no remote. At Kohl's they even went in the back and opened a new case with Vader's lamp in it, and there was no remote either. Furthermore, in the instructions for these lamps, there is no mention of a remote control being provided. What's interesting is that, according to 3DLightFX's website (the maker of these lamps), all their Star Wars lamps come with a remote and batteries, however, that is not the case. I sent an email to their Customer Service department regarding this issue, and I'm waiting on their reply. Either they need to update their information showing what's actually provided with each lamp, or in whatever factory in China these are being made, they forgot to include remotes and batteries. :confused:

Interesting...maybe I better open mine to be sure there is a remote! The rep at C2E2 told us that the Yoda & Vader from Target are the only ones with the remote which made it special, but the remote would work with all the lights. They had you order it from Targets website right there on the showroom floor (which we did) and during the show it was a cheaper price. If it matters, my Yoda is not in this new "Force Awakens" style box, maybe it was limited to the older ones which is what made it exclusive?

Reaction score
.The Vader I picked up at at their booth at Celebration in Anaheim came with the remote. I think I was told that was a show exclusive. There is no "remote" setting. It works when the switch is set to Timer.

Reaction score
No reply from 3DLightFX to my email about the missing remote control for their lamps. On my way back from work today I stopped at another Kohls store a town away from mine. This time I asked the girl working the area if I could open myself a Death Star lamp to make sure the remote was inside. She said another customer had been there earlier asking the same thing, and she had opened a BB8 for him, and there was no remote inside, so I guess people are starting to notice this. Well, she let open a Death Star and Vader, and no remote was found. So at this point I'm going to assume that other than the lamps you folks got at Celebration, the rest of them are being shipped without remotes. I'll still wait to see if I can get a reply from the maker, and see what they have to say. I'm sending a Death Star lamp to a good friend in Europe, and really wanted to get him the remote, but chances seem very unlikely right now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The remote is cool to have but IMO it won't detract from the beauty of this piece in any way. :)

I feel the same way about the remote, Sergiu. It does not detract from the DS because it isn't an integrated part of it. I do see that, as an option, the remote makes it easier to turn on the light from a distance without having to come up to it all the time and turn it own manually. For someone wanting to place the DS up high on a wall, for instance, as that could possibly be the only empty spot they have, it would be sort of a hassle having to use a chair or step stool to reach up to it to turn it on. Also the fact these lamps are being advertised by the manufacturer as all having a remote and batteries, but finding out once you buy them that isn't the case, to some degree could be considered as misinformation, and people should be made aware of exactly what to expect the product to bring. I know my friend in Europe will like it with or without the remote , though. :)

Reaction score
The remote is cool to have but IMO it won't detract from the beauty of this piece in any way. :)

And to be fair, at least on my Vader, you have to point the remote directly in line of sight with the "mouth" I guess that's IR? Good to have maybe, but not that practical anyway. I wouldn't be able to put him up high on the wall and still have the remote work.

Reaction score

Sergiu, got your email asking for my address but my Internet is acting up and couldn't reply. The address is the same. As for the remote for these, things are looking up. I'll share more information later on with the rest of the forum for those who care. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool light, I may have to get one! Though I hope you don't have to install the cracks too. lol

Reaction score
No reply from 3DLightFX to my email about the missing remote control for their lamps. On my way back from work today I stopped at another Kohls store a town away from mine. This time I asked the girl working the area if I could open myself a Death Star lamp to make sure the remote was inside. She said another customer had been there earlier asking the same thing, and she had opened a BB8 for him, and there was no remote inside, so I guess people are starting to notice this. Well, she let open a Death Star and Vader, and no remote was found. So at this point I'm going to assume that other than the lamps you folks got at Celebration, the rest of them are being shipped without remotes. I'll still wait to see if I can get a reply from the maker, and see what they have to say. I'm sending a Death Star lamp to a good friend in Europe, and really wanted to get him the remote, but chances seem very unlikely right now.

An update on this:
I'm being sent to remotes: one for my Death Star and one for the other Death Star I'm sending to my friend in Europe. I will offer more info on this once I have received the remotes. I just want to make sure that in fact they get here before posting any contact information for those folks wanting to get a remote. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
An update on this:
I'm being sent to remotes: one for my Death Star and one for the other Death Star I'm sending to my friend in Europe. I will offer more info on this once I have received the remotes. I just want to make sure that in fact they get here before posting any contact information for those folks wanting to get a remote. :)

I would be interested once you can confirm they arrive and work. We have the Uncle Miltons moon in one of my sons room and use the remote every night at bedtime. I'd like to get the DS for my other sons SW themed room. Thx for all the details so far.

Reaction score
Yeah, we also have the Moon in my Room in my son's room. I almost never use the remote, but I would definitely use one for the DS..in my room. :)

Reaction score
I would be interested once you can confirm they arrive and work. We have the Uncle Miltons moon in one of my sons room and use the remote every night at bedtime. I'd like to get the DS for my other sons SW themed room. Thx for all the details so far.

Yeah, we also have the Moon in my Room in my son's room. I almost never use the remote, but I would definitely use one for the DS..in my room. :)

Guys, it took about three weeks but I received a pair of brand new remote controls today. They even have the Star Wars logo on them, so it is obvious these were meant to be included with the lamps, but weren't. They came in a manila padded envelope (see picture below), placed inside clear bags, and with batteries ready to work once the clear tabs isolating their contacts were pulled. As someone had previously mentioned, the Death Star, or any other lamp for that matter, needs to have the light switch set on Timer mode. The "+" button on the remote turns the light on, the "-" button turns it off. You do have to aim the remote directly at the lamp to get it to work. That said, I like not having to deal with the light switch manually, and being able to work the light from a distance.

The company is located in Canada. When you call ask to speak to Rossana Saccone, and let her know you are missing the remote. She will ask where you bought the lamp(s), and how many remotes you need. She'll take down your address and phone number then give you a file # for your order. The order and shipping are free of charge. The remotes are sent via Canada Post, thus depending on where you are located, it might take some extra time to get them to you. Good luck!

*The phone number to call is: 1-800-661-6721 (Rossana Saccone).

If for any reason you need their address, here it is:

Accent-Fairchild Group INC.
5151 Thimens Blvd.
Saint-Laurent QC H4R 2C8
Canada

REMOTES4DS_zpss8gojyri.jpg

Reaction score
Brilliant! Did they ask for some kind of proof that you purchased the lamps?

Reaction score
Brilliant! Did they ask for some kind of proof that you purchased the lamps?

Nothing at all. All I was asked was how many remotes I needed, and where I'd bought the lamps. I did make sure to explain to them their website, and some others, have this particular product advertised as having a remote control, but finding out once you get home with your purchase, that's not the case. To that effect, they offered no explanation but rather silence, followed by a request for my shipping address. I'd forgotten to mention to call early, going by eastern time. They're closed by or before 6:00 p.m, and are on lunch break between 12:00 to 2:00, more or less.