Death Star Briefing 7-Pack V2

Reaction score
Re: Death Star Briefing 7-Pack

LetoQuorme said:
Did anyone else get a Motti that has a torso that's a significantly darker gray than his limbs and skirt?
Yep, mine is the same. Guess I'll be Ebaying off the "new" Motti and keeping the "old" one.

Reaction score

I got my set in the mail late last week. I've got to say, I'm impressed, the imp officer ranks have swollen nicely. However, Wulf's torso seems really, really lose. Like to the point if I yanked it hard enough I think it would come off. I haven't noticed if the others have a similar issue. I've handled wulf alot more then the rest in that he's being made into GA Thrawn. But has anyone else noticed this?

Otherwise, I'm really jazzed about this set, its great.

Reaction score

Kooshmeister said:
Keaton33 but i still need the nameless ones like the guy who says "where are you taking this...thing?"
Even though he isn't nameless. His name's Lt. Shann Childsen.
And one noticeable thing about this character, is portrayed on the imperial officer POTJ card.

Reaction score
Just picked mine up from EE today. Man this is an amazing set. I am keeping it in the box, but it's too bad it doesn't come with a platic table or I'd buy an extra to open and have it really set it up properly.

Reaction score
ive had this set for about a week now, and it is incredibly cool. all those imp officers is just so damn awsome!! my ONLY gripe is the lame tarkin. i actually still have my POTF2 tarkin from years ago, and the face sculpt on him is damn near perfect, looks just like peter cushing, while the new tarkin, being a repaint, looks waaay to young and inaccurate. so i traded it and am using my POTF2 tarkin a the ultimate tarkin for now, until hasbro gets around to doing a great SA tarkin that isnt a repaint of ROTS one, but a whole new sculpt.

Reaction score
Got mine today and hands down, the box did it for me. It looks SO fantastic, my only complaint is that the blister doesn't fit right and so has 1 tiny hole left and right. But other than that - it's plain fantastic.

Is it just me or does Tagge look very down?

Reaction score
I can't believe I almost passed on this set. I just got mine yesterday and it is awesome!

I could do without the crappy POTF2 Motti, but the rest of the figures have incredible sculpts and are great likenesses.

I'm really pleased that Yularen's white uniform is not Clone armour white but a movie accurate off white / very light.

A fantastic set!

Reaction score
Darth_Tedious said:
I could do without the crappy POTF2 Motti, but the rest of the figures have incredible sculpts and are great likenesses.
Aw, Motti isn't that bad. I think he's one of the best figures from POTF2 and he holds up pretty well alongside the newer officer figures. But, to each his own. I sometimes think I'm this particular figure's only fan.

Reaction score
Kooshmeister said:
Darth_Tedious said:
Aw, Motti isn't that bad. I think he's one of the best figures from POTF2 and he holds up pretty well alongside the newer officer figures. But, to each his own. I sometimes think I'm this particular figure's only fan.
your not alone! i too like motti. i never had him before, and i thought he'd suck cuz hes older. but i like the fact they gave him that arm that you could make it look like vader's chocking him, great add-on. they did that with ozzel too and i love it. and the face sculpt looks pretty damn accurate. only thing he could use is more articulation and maybe be a little shorter (him and tarkin are taller then the other officers), but other then that, hes great figure. i dont see what everyone hates about him.

Reaction score
For a POTF2 figure, Motti was great. But looking at him next to these "new" officers makes him look out of place.

I just ordered this set from NewForce yesterday, the page said it was in stock, but I haven't gotten a confirmation email for my order yet.
Not to go off topic, but does NewForce charge for Sales Tax if you are out of state? (Yes, I read the faq and about us pages. No, it isn't mentioned.)

Reaction score
well, the POTF2 tarkin also looks a tad strange next to me other modern imp officers, but at the same time, the face sculpt on the POTF2 tarkin looks faaaaar more movie accurate then the new ROTS repaint, so despite the body, the face is so good that im stickin with that older figure. sometimes the modern stuff just doesnt beat the old stuff.

Reaction score
Kooshmeister said:
Even thopugh I don't have him, I actually think it's a pretty good figure. I like how his left arm is made to re-enact the scene where Vader chokes him

Reaction score

MrPickles said:
Maybe this question has already been addressed, so I apologize in advance if it has...

Received mine this weekend and was surprised to have gotten the version with the "PX Previews Exclusive" sticker on the front. What was initially disappointing was the fact that the Vader figure was facing forward with both his arms down by his sides (thus no choking pose). Via the new pixs from Rebelscum, I was under the impression that Vader was posed with his right arm raised. Heck, even the plastic casing on that picture allows for the arm to be raised--but not on my version. (Of course I carefully opened mine, slide them out and repositioned their heads and pulled Vader to the side with his "left" arm raised in his classic choking pose.)

My question;

Were there two different packaged versions of this piece?

Thanks to whomever has an explanation for the differences....
Thought I'd try again--this time in English....

Reaction score

I got my set yesterday. Pretty nice overall but bad paint jobs. The white-uniformed guy hair paint is really sloppy. The grey starts a couple millimeters away from the hair line. Tarkin has a bit of white slop on his brow and the guy on the far right has a tiny black dot on his nose. Has anyone else had any minor paint imperfections?

Reaction score

My Cass has part of his hair on the left side of his head unpainted, but it's not very noticeable. Otherwise the officers are all painted exceptionally well in my set.

Reaction score

Mine was delivered the other day and i think its an amazing piece; it displays so well

Reaction score

Just got the set, Loving it, looking for some chairs for them =P. If anyone know where I can get please, Please help...

Reaction score

I really dig this set. I got the one with Vader holding his arm up. I would have liked to get the other variation but oh well I can't complain since I got it for $30.

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
well, the POTF2 tarkin also looks a tad strange next to me other modern imp officers, but at the same time, the face sculpt on the POTF2 tarkin looks faaaaar more movie accurate then the new ROTS repaint, so despite the body, the face is so good that im stickin with that older figure. sometimes the modern stuff just doesnt beat the old stuff.
Yeah but it looks like that Tarkin is on the Barry Bond's weight training program. Hideous figure IMO- liking the new one tons.

Reaction score
tk421_1_2 said:
Keaton33 said:
Yeah but it looks like that Tarkin is on the Barry Bond's weight training program. Hideous figure IMO- liking the new one tons.
A good customizer might be able to do a head-swap.

That one would actually be pretty sweet.

Reaction score
I have an extra ROTS Tarkin that I wanted to head swap before the breifing set came out. I might have to look back into this project.

Reaction score
Dsdude9 said:
I paid 45$ for mine!!!!!!!!!! I got ripped off
:(:(
That depends on your definition of being ripped off. Were you unwittingly duped into paying that price without knowing what the "normal" price would be? Did you receive the item and found it to be missing certain components that you were lead to believe would be included? If you answered "no" to each of these questions then you weren't ripped off. You chose to pay that price. Nobody forced you to.

We knew the price of this set almost immediately after it was debuted last year at SDCC. Depending on where you shopped you could get it for around $30 before shipping. I paid $32 shipped for mine, after shopping around for several weeks. It sounds like you didn't shop around too much.

Reaction score
I got mine last week. I almost passed on this one but I'm really glad I didn't. I like it so much I just might get another one to open.

Reaction score
Finally got this last week, so the DEATH STAR BRIEFING scene pack is now added to our Photo Archive:

I'm sure it's been discussed before, and I'm too lazy to go back and check, but here's a picture to show you which parts were used to make the 4 new officers:

The bad thing is that NONE of thes figures actually stand up straight....they ALL fall down unless I bend the ankles to support them. Strange.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
The bad thing is that NONE of thes figures actually stand up straight....they ALL fall down unless I bend the ankles to support them. Strange.
That's weird. Although mine are temporarily packed away, I don't recall having that problem when i did have them out.

Reaction score
Only my officer Cass does that. I got Tarkin, Cass, Bast, and Tagge loose of ebay, so some packs might just have problems.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Finally got this last week, so the DEATH STAR BRIEFING scene pack is now added to our Photo Archive:

I'm sure it's been discussed before, and I'm too lazy to go back and check, but here's a picture to show you which parts were used to make the 4 new officers:

I love how inventive you got with the poses in the photographs. They're hilarious, especially Tagge and Yularen:

"Go ahead on. You think you can take me? It's your move." (cheesy Joe Don Baker referance...)

Colonel Sanders: Dictator

Motti tries out for the free drama classes offered on the Death Star.

"Bang bang!"
"Pow! I shot you!"
"No, I shot you!"
"This bickering is pointless!"
Palpatine knew how to keep his underlings happy. He bought them all Super-Soakers for Christmas.

Reaction score
My Chief Bast and Officer Cass have pointing left hands, like general Tagge. Has this happened to anyone else?