Death Star Briefing 7-Pack V2

Reaction score
Leightongates said:
I cant make my mind up about this Tarkin. Lets hear opinions! Does this figure look like old Tarkin at all? I think I like it better?! But am not sure.
He's adequete. I still think he looks too young, and I'll use the POTF2 Tarkin in my lineups. Hasbro still needs to, eventually, make a new Tarkin later down the line. If they think this one is a good replacement for the old one, they're sorely mistaken.

Reaction score
Rukh said:
inzaman said:
In the briefing pack who's the guy dressed in white
That would be Colonel Wulf Yularen
Thanks, i didnt know who he was; cant remember him from the Star Wars movie
; however a quick google search helped

Reaction score
Mine came yesterday. I love the look of this set!

Tarkin has a rather evil expression, don't you think, or very focused. I just need to add that extremely angry-looking Imperial officer and the Empire will commence.

Reaction score
Did anyone else's set come with Tarkin falling out of his plastic tray? Both me and my buddy got ours in the mail today and we both had the problem. Tarkin just isn't nested into the plastic tray and just flops around the box. I'm going to have to crack mine open to put him in the right spot. Just wondering if this a common occurence.

mfk

Reaction score
Is anyone else's Cass have a right arm that is made from mismatched parts? Mine seems to be a little weird in that department. The upper and lower sections don't match up at all.

Also, it looks like the bodies for the "new" officers all have new sculpts for the torso. It could be a re-tooling of the ozzel body, but not 100% there...

Reaction score
i just got word that my comic shop has recieved the death star briefing room pack, yeah! gonna pick mine up tommrow for 40 bucks around probably, looks freakin awsome!

Reaction score
Got mine in the mail on Friday. I wish Hasbro would have included a better sculpt of Vader, still, THIS PACK IS AWESOME!!!

Reaction score
Good point. I was surprise to see a Vader with a non-articulate right arm and a 2000 date stamp on his foot!

Reaction score
CJHawk said:
Did anyone else's set come with Tarkin falling out of his plastic tray? Both me and my buddy got ours in the mail today and we both had the problem. Tarkin just isn't nested into the plastic tray and just flops around the box. I'm going to have to crack mine open to put him in the right spot. Just wondering if this a common occurence.
Yep, I reported the same thing happening to me a few pages back. Although mine wasn't completely loose (didn't move around the box at least), and looked more like he was sitting. I thought I had an isolated case due to the shippping or something, but apparently not. Weak.

Reaction score
NFC billed my bank account, so I'm looking forward to finding this in the mail any day now.

Reaction score
Seize9 said:
CJHawk said:
Yep, I reported the same thing happening to me a few pages back. Although mine wasn't completely loose (didn't move around the box at least), and looked more like he was sitting. I thought I had an isolated case due to the shippping or something, but apparently not. Weak.
Mine pretty much fell over. Kind of annoying. Still, it is an impressive set.

Reaction score
Kooshmeister said:
He's adequete. I still think he looks too young, and I'll use the POTF2 Tarkin in my lineups.
I felt he looked too young as well.

However, the comic book 2 pack Tarkin's head doesn't look nearly as young to me. A simple head swap and he looks better.

Reaction score
Cheesus said:
Kooshmeister said:
He's adequete. I still think he looks too young, and I'll use the POTF2 Tarkin in my lineups.
I felt he looked too young as well.

However, the comic book 2 pack Tarkin's head doesn't look nearly as young to me. A simple head swap and he looks better.
Good idea, I'll see if that is nessessary w/ my Imp. set Tarkin when it arrives tomorrow
Or dilute a small amt of white or lt grey paint and apply a thin layer over darker colored hair

Reaction score
i havent picked this up yet, but from the looks of it, i will be using my POTF2 tarkin in my lineup as well. the facesculpt on the older one is faar superior to this one. i wish there was a way to pop off the old tarkin head and put it on the new body.

Reaction score
Got mine today, have to say this is an excellent looking set. Well I guess if you keep it sealed anyway!!!

Reaction score
Anybody see the next pics on the front news page?
the back of the box shows ole' baldy pants who is not included in the set. Makes me realize that Hasbro does
know who he is at least. So that is 2 generals left
from this scene who havent been made.
My question is what does everyone think of getting
the last 2 to complete the entire scene and what way do you
think well get them? Maybe a new basic 3 pack cinema scene
with a new Tarkin ANH sculpt with them as the traditional
2 new sculpts.

Reaction score
Initially I thought Motti was just going to be a straight repack. But in those photos, compared to the original Commtech Motti, we can see his uniform is different shade of green, and his hair is a lighter shade of brown, and he's also a little paler.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Death Star Briefing 7-Pack

For those of us who dont own thios set just yet Curto posted a few pictures of it, click below to check them out...

Reaction score

Got this today in the mail from Ent. earth. Very nice! I really love the imperials!!

Reaction score

got mine Yesterday from NFC- not bad at all

As I statted b4, a head swap w/ the comic 2pk Tarkin may be in order though. This tarkin's head looks a bit cartoony, kinda flat paint wise whereas the 2pk's head looks more realistic

Reaction score

Galactic Hunter just posted these awesome single shots of the officers:

The more I see of this set, the more I want it.

Reaction score

wowser,

the facial likeness is amazing. maybe get one too

where's the best place to get this pack?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Amazing set! I got mine a few days ago and I absolutely love it. It's so accurate and the display factor is second to none. This thing looks great sitting up on a shelf still in the box.

Reaction score

Got mine today from Razor's Edge. The figures look really good. I haven't had time to open it yet, but that just gives me something to look forward to tomorrow.

Reaction score

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Wish it had cost $4 less and not come with yet another Vader, but otherwise one of my favorite purchases this year.

Reaction score

nagauthier said:
Got mine in the mail yesterday. Wish it had cost $4 less and not come with yet another Vader, but otherwise one of my favorite purchases this year.
Considering the year is less than 4 weeks old, the distinction you bestowed upon the Death Star Briefing set was easily given out.
I received my set as well and I was immediately impressed with the packaging. I like how they're all standing behind chairs with the weapons hidden. But since I'm an opener the figures didn't stay that way for long.
The facial likenesses are incredible. Too bad Motti didn't get an upgrade - I disliked that arm in 1999 and still dislike it today.

Reaction score

I received mine in the mail from NewForceComics this afternoon.

Reaction score

Saw this set at a Hasting's tonight for $40.

nice looking set.

Hasting's surprises me sometimes. They also had a ton of sideshow stuff.

Reaction score

Mine came from NFC yesterday and I opened it last night. Love the set, I can;t get over how well detailed the new head sculpts are.

Reaction score

Maybe this question has already been addressed, so I apologize in advance if it has...

Received mine this weekend and was surprised to have gotten the version with the "PX Previews Exclusive" sticker on the front. What was initially disappointing was the fact that the Vader figure was facing forward with both his arms down by his sides (thus no choking pose). Via the new pixs from Rebelscum, I was under the impression that Vader was posed with his right arm raised. Heck, even the plastic casing on that picture allows for the arm to be raised--but not on my version. (Of course I carefully opened mine, slide them out and repositioned their heads and pulled Vader to the side with his "left" arm raised in his classic choking pose.)

My question;

Were there two different packaged versions of this piece?

Thanks to whomever has an explanation for the differences....

Reaction score

I picked mine up today from my friend who was playing middleman for me from someone who has a Diamond account. I have the sticker on mine as well. Is there something special about this?

Reaction score

Has anyone brought up the fact that the Motti Rank is colored differently than the carded version? On has two red pips, the other has three.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Has anyone brought up the fact that the Motti Rank is colored differently than the carded version? On has two red pips, the other has three.
Yes, I wasn't expecting them to correct it and was pleasantly surprised.

Reaction score

got this et a few days ago, LOVE it! i just love haveing all these imperial officers! i never thought i would ever have this many! add to it veers, moff jerjerod, and ozzel, and you've got the ultimate imp officer set. well, you would have the best character imp officers. but i still need the nameless ones like the guy who says "where are you taking this...thing?" and some death squad commaders and stuff. imps rule.

Reaction score

Did anyone else get a Motti that has a torso that's a significantly darker gray than his limbs and skirt?