Dear Hasbro, I QUIT!!!!!

Reaction score
It's easy for Lego to 'take risks'. Silly to copare Lego to any other toys that don't rely on mostly brick shapes and stickers.

Reaction score
Why is it easy for Lego to take risks? Why is the comparison silly?
Lego is selling you the same brick 4,000,000 times. I wish I had thought of that. There has to be some untapped potential in that market somewhere right? I don't necessarily feel it's EASY for them to take risks, but at the end of the day... anyone that buys anything lego just purchased the same thing just packaged differently.

Reaction score
Lego is selling you the same brick 4,000,000 times. I wish I had thought of that. There has to be some untapped potential in that market somewhere right? I don't necessarily feel it's EASY for them to take risks, but at the end of the day... anyone that buys anything lego just purchased the same thing just packaged differently.
Not necessarily. New sets often have new configurations and/or colors of existing pieces, especially in the case of minifigures. Often, sets have pieces that are unique to particular sets.

One thing that blows me away is that Lego is able to consistently produce sets that number in the hundreds, sometimes thousands of pieces, with likely only a small percentage of sets missing pieces. They are mostly made out of high-quality plastic that is highly resistant to discoloration. Wretched Hasbro couldn't pull this off, even if they really wanted to... which they don't seem to.

Reaction score
Not to be rude but if you can't figure out how Lego, a company that can churn the same bricks in multiple colours with a few 'unique pieces' and stickers, can take more risks than Hasbro or any other license then you're deluded.

This says nothing of the quality or the subjective value of said product but it's a fact. Thus, to compare Lego to Hasbro makes no sense. If that's the route you want to go then compare the average Lego Gammorean Guard with TVC Gammie. Now, that there is the difference.

Reaction score
...except Lego doesn't sell you single figures like Hasbro does, but entires sets. And that doesn't change the fact Hasbro is messing things up big time.

Reaction score
Not to be rude but if you can't figure out how Lego, a company that can churn the same bricks in multiple colours with a few 'unique pieces' and stickers, can take more risks than Hasbro or any other license then you're deluded.
Go back and reread my post you referenced, and you'll see that's not what I said. Again, we have two toy companies. One consistently is able to churn out quality product, largely free of defects, and is able to routinely keep retailer orders filled, with product on-shelf when it is supposed to be; another produces large quantities of poor quality toys riddled with poor paint applications and made of inferior plastic, while at the same time somehow managing to fail year after year to meet demand in its most popular line(s)... and consistently missing the mark on its case assortments -- again, YEAR AFTER YEAR.

If you still find this comparison silly, then it is you who are delusional.

Reaction score
But don't act like we're a bunch of mentally inept primates.

Yeah Hasbro are scummy, and that's why I rarely directly give them money; I go through third party sellers. It's all about preference.
We are mentally inept primates, but that has nothing to do with the topic.

We all buy from a middle man. If you buy an action figure in Walmart, it belongs to Walmart, not Hasbro. Hasbro made it, Walmart bought it, and now they're selling it to you.

Reaction score
Go back and reread my post you referenced, and you'll see that's not what I said. Again, we have two toy companies. One consistently is able to churn out quality product, largely free of defects, and is able to routinely keep retailer orders filled, with product on-shelf when it is supposed to be; another produces large quantities of poor quality toys riddled with poor paint applications and made of inferior plastic, while at the same time somehow managing to fail year after year to meet demand in its most popular line(s)... and consistently missing the mark on its case assortments -- again, YEAR AFTER YEAR.

If you still find this comparison silly, then it is you who are delusional.

If your comparison is on quality and distribution and not on taking risks then I agree with you. The last several years Hasbro has consistently had lots of issues getting it's product in stores and Lego certainly has less issues with paint and plastic. However, it's still difficult to compare when there is little to no sculpting or paint in Lego. They seem to be able to get stuff in stores where Hasbro struggles with that even. That's a true mystery.

Reaction score
LEGO gets product in stores, no doubt there.

But come on....you can't compare the two. They are two completely different beasts.

If you want to compare star wars figures try comparing them to say the ninja turtle line. Both are action figures with a large diverse set of characters. There are the respective flag ship properties of each toy line in this age and gender demographic. That's a fair comparison. And I will say the ninja turtles line is being handled much better in terms of distribution still.

Compare LEGO to megablocks or something similar. You know, toys that share the same section of the store.

Reaction score
Still, TMNT can reuse most parts within themselves. All they have to do is paint the eyes mask different colors. SW cannot, they are all unique character looks. Save for troopers etc. Why do you think we still get so many repacks, this line is costly. So unless you want to see a line consisting of 90% Droids and Troopers, things likely won't change.

Reaction score
Compare LEGO to megablocks or something similar. You know, toys that share the same section of the store.
At the two TRU stores in my area, the legos are in the same aisles as Hasbro SW.

Funny Legos were brought up. After collecting everything including variations from Kenner/Hasbro since 1978, I stopped buying Hasbro due to poor distribution #1, #2 poor box art, #3 poor quality. All efforts now go to collecting Star Wars Legos which succeed easily in those three areas. Never had problems finding SW legos to purchase. SW Hasbro items have been a mess distribution wise since the walmart twin figure sets.

I find the new SW toys sitting on the shelves horrible looking from the items themselves to the box art. They are not restocking often in my area as product is sitting on the shelves. The Black series is honestly the only interesting line in distribution currently.

Reaction score
Still, TMNT can reuse most parts within themselves. All they have to do is paint the eyes mask different colors. SW cannot, they are all unique character looks. Save for troopers etc. Why do you think we still get so many repacks, this line is costly. So unless you want to see a line consisting of 90% Droids and Troopers, things likely won't change.
True, they could go that route but they actually dont. They keep on creating unique heads for each weird variation of the turtles. Each turtle has a unique face as well. It's not just paint.

On a side note they have been cheaping out on the paint quite a bit lately. Might be an industry wide thing. Cutting costs on paint apps.

Reaction score
I can see how they save by using the same turtle pieces for figures over and over again. I'm curious about how they're able to produce massive TMNT play sets that seem to sit on shelves for years in the 7 stores i frequent?

Reaction score
So why do kids not care about articulation but care about a mold reuse? A single jumpsuit buck could be used for one heck of a lot of figures through the use of overlays.

Reaction score
So why do kids not care about articulation but care about a mold reuse? A single jumpsuit buck could be used for one heck of a lot of figures through the use of overlays.
Actually that's a good point.

I think Hasbro has a problem with committing. They want to make modular bucks that they can re-use but then they change their mind.

Remember when the Needa body was supposed to usher in a wave of easy to crank out imperials? Yeah, what happened to that plan.

Considering how common black boots are in the OT I never understood why they didn't just make one set of black boots to be re-used over and over again.