Dear Hasbro, I QUIT!!!!!

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm done collecting Star Wars figures. After learning the news that only Walmart will have the 3.75 black series (the good figures with articulation), I have decided to to buy none of them as well as I will not shop at Walmart stores anymore. I think it is wrong as 1, there are many communities that have no Walmart stores and 2, isn't it bad enough that Walmart has as much range over the economy as it is and now they will have all the power over the best Star Wars figures? Exclusives were bad enough as is since many fans want all the figures they can get and splitting it up between stores for any particular item I have always thought it wrong. I own no exclusives, and will not, and refuse to join in this obscene jesture on the part of Walmart, Hasbro, and Disney and a total insult to Star Wars fans and collectors everywhere. To force someone to buy their products at any particular store is completely inappropriate. It is just another way for the powers that be to rape the fans. The price is raping us bad enough but now with Walmart being the sole provider for the articulated figures I guess they can charge any ridiculous price they desire and us as fans and collectors will just keep shelling it out as we have always done because we have no values or concepts of this discugusting behavior just so we can have a 4" peice of plastic. Well, I have had enough!!!! Hasbro and Walmart have just lost any business they would have ever had from me. They will not make any more money from me. I like so many others went out for Force Friday, however, unlike many, I bought nothing. I was so sickened by the poor quality of the figures as I have beyond the idea of 5 point articulation. I feel sorry for the masses that spent thier money on any fgures released Force Friday because the idea that all the money spent on 5 point arrticulation for the same characters that will be re-released in a few months with much more articulation will be bought up by the same people spending more money becuse the new figures are better. I am so happy and feeling quite liberated by this new found desire to breake from this habbit of spending money on crap figures just to be duped by spending more money on the same character later because it's better. One last thought, and some will agree and some will not, but I remember when Phantam Menace came out and how excited I like so many others were feeling. I remember how rushed I felt about getting to the stores to get all the new figures and characters even though I had no idea who these people were going to be. I also remember how disappointed I was after seeing the TPM and wishing I had not spent all that money on figures that would never mean to me what the original characters meant. I was so sad that I had all this wasted time and effort put into this venture and being duped by GL because he made a lousy movie and gave me crap characters. I hope one day you all see the light one day too. I hope everyone who might read this post will understand what I am saying and realize that Hasbro, Walmart and Disney have no business in destroying the fun of collecting Star Wars figures. I understand that their business is making money by providing consumers with a desireed product, but not all of those consumers have acces to Walmart, not all of those consumers even shop at Walmart due to reasons of the size of Walmart and it's impact in the economic world, and not all consumers have acces to shopping online. The bottm line is if we go out and buy any 3.75" Star Wars action figures black series from Walmart all we are doing is say we are ok with whatever they want to do, whatever they want to charge, and whoever they want to screw over....as long as we get the figures. I feel sorry for you if you cannot see this. It is no difference in the this that with getting bad service at a diner but continuing to eat there. They can only do what the consumers will allow. If you buy the figures they will continue to screw us everytime. Buy them, they raise the price. We still buy them, they make exclusives. We still buy them they make them only available where they want. viscious cycle and I quit. Thank you and good night.

Reaction score
Good points, I agree and disagree on some points, but overall, I was taken with the Force Friday. I bought figures and had intended to be a completionist like I was with previous lines. However, the one figure that turned me off to that line of thinking was the Darth Vader. It was IMO awful. That along with there being zero 3 3/4 in First Order Stromtroopers on display which is evidence that the case was picked through before being put on display. Now, I know I don't need them. And I do feel a sense of relief that I didn't get hit as much as I could have.

There are neat looking figures that were released. But I don't plan on going too deep into the line.

I've been fighting the exclusive figure battle for a long time as well, and refuse to be duped into the mentality as well. Its infuriating.

While I support your decision because of the many arguments you have pointed out, I will still pick up a few here and there, but my spending is very limited since the end of the TVC. I think I've bought 2 black series figures since. So while not a complete ditch, they have lost money from me based on my previous spending habits. My motivation was price and its constant increase. Whatever you're reasoning for buying figures, it should be because you enjoy the hobby, once you feel betrayed (like I did when really looking into my previous obsession of collecting Kiss memorabilia) then the hobby becomes tainted.

GNT

Reaction score
More figures for people who want them now :p

I think it is wrong as 1, there are many communities that have no Walmart stores and 2, isn't it bad enough that Walmart has as much range over the economy as it is and now they will have all the power over the best Star Wars figures?
Surely Walmart is with the times and everyone can just buy from their online website? We live in modern times, people have the internet and people can make connections to secure what they want from fellow fans. We aren't in the stone ages.

Exclusives were bad enough as is since many fans want all the figures they can get and splitting it up between stores for any particular item I have always thought it wrong. I own no exclusives, and will not, and refuse to join in this obscene jesture on the part of Walmart, Hasbro, and Disney and a total insult to Star Wars fans and collectors everywhere. To force someone to buy their products at any particular store is completely inappropriate.
Hasbro have made exclusives for years, how have you survived without getting one?

Who cares where it's sold, SA are being offered and everyone can be happy now. Look at it this way - SA was on it's last legs and was on the way out to make room for the 5POA line (which is the new standard line). Walmart have saved the SA for now, will it do well? time will tell but everyone who likes SA should be grateful it's on it's last legs.

The price is raping us bad enough but now with Walmart being the sole provider for the articulated figures I guess they can charge any ridiculous price they desire and us as fans and collectors will just keep shelling it out as we have always done because we have no values or concepts of this discugusting behavior just so we can have a 4" peice of plastic.
Yes in a way they can set their own price, if you want it you have to buy from them. Costs are going up every year and all that needs to be passed onto us, regardless if they were exclusives or not the retail price would continue to climb. For nearly the same retail price and a few dollars more 6" is the way to go. why pay $13 for a small figure when for $19/$20 you can get a better detailed figure?

The collecting climate has changed, it's not what it was years ago.

Reaction score
I don't think the OP understands that exclusive Star Wars toys have existed for almost as long as there have been Star Wars toys. Sears was the top retailer in the late-70s through early-80s so that's who Kenner offered exclusives through primarily.

Exclusives are a way to get toys out there that might not have as wide of an appeal as other toys. Obviously that's not the case for EVERY exclusive, but there are a lot of toys out there that simply would have never been made if they weren't offered as exclusives.

In general, though, people who usually make all this noise about leaving the hobby and start new threads explaining to everyone why they are quitting aren't really going anywhere. If you were really going to leave the hobby, then you would just leave and wouldn't feel it necessary to make a big announcement out of it.

Reaction score
I appreciate your passionate post. It is good to get stress off of one's mind. Here's my stance on this topic: if you don't like it, don't buy it. These are just toys, here for our enjoyment, or not........

Reaction score
Where do you live, that you can't find a Walmart?

Reaction score
While I understand that times have changed and one no longer has to wait in line or even for a shipment to hit stores, it is the idea that the best figures have to be bought at Walmart. Back in 1995 when Hasbro made 12" figures FAO had exclusives, and there is no FAO here in Kentucky so I had to go without. Although there are 3 WM in my town, the next town over has decided against letting WM open there and so those people have to drive 20 miles to get their figures. In the town in Vermont where i grew up there are only small pharmacy type stores, no WM, no K, and the nearest to them is 15 miles, so if you are a kid and want to get the good figures you have to hope and wait for dad to go into the city to spend your hard earned allowance to get them. it is not like a 10 or 12 year old kid is jumping on his/her bike and riding that far. It is those people I feel bad for because I remember what it was like to not be able to get the things I wanted due to location. As for the 6" line, I didn't buy them. In 1995 when Hasbro started the SW line up again the ceo at that time decided it was respectful to the fans and collectors to keep the line at 3.75 to keep the price down as well as the compatibility the same as the vintage figures. As for not ever having gotten an exclusive, because of my disappointment in the idea of such a thing I made an extra effort to never buy one. The rant was in protest to this idea that while not everyone is a completest, not everyone will be interested in everything produced, many will be and they will not or may not have the means to get those items. If someone wants to really tell me that every kid after seeing TPM didn't want to have a Fambaa in their adventure I would say that is just crazy, yet it was an exclusive and if your parents didn't have the money or the means to order it, that kid went without. Not every home had a computer then, like many still do not have one today. I did not have a computer at that time, I had to depend on Tomart's and other mags to learn what was coming out, what things would be available to me. I wonder how much time, gas, money and effort was put forth from people running all over town trying to find the exclusive Walgreen's white Boba Fett, that from my understanding was quite limited, impossible to find or bought up by someone calling in to the store having it put aside by their friend that worked there just they could sell them for outrageous prices on ebay. However, while it was not such a big deal to me in the past as it was only a few items compared to the long list of toys that were available anywhere, in my opinion, the exclusive items were the most sought after, and I base that on the many things I have read on Rebelscum over the years. Also, I know that I am not the only one to have complained about this over the years, and like those I even continued collecting, but after learning that the entire TFA 3.75" black series line would only be available at WM I guess I had just had enough of the whole thing. Like someone else had said recently on here, Hasbro is releasing just enough right now to get everyone's mouth watering again, but it won't be till after the movie comes out that they will release all the good stuff and rehashes of everything released on Force Friday except then it will have all the articulation making us all spend more money for characters they"ve already bought. O, and just because I am no longer collecting doesn't mean I am no longer a fan or that I will no longer pop in here to Rebelscum from time to time, it just means that I will enjoy reading about all the finds and money that people continue giving to Hasbro and WM for the same ole junk they have given us for years. I will still enjoy seeing peoples dioramas, and custom figures. I just find it sad that others will continue paying all these high dollars knowing that if everyone just stops buying it they will have to come down on price as well as providing the product to all locations through all stores everywhere. I do have to admit before I go, if one wanted to accuse me of having an exclusive, I do have the vintage Yakface that was only released in Europe but only because my wife didn't know any better and got it for my birthday a few years back, but I do not really consider it an exclusive as it was only released in Europe and they don't really count. I guess it is too bad to be collecting anymore as only having to go to WM would save time and energy. It is to me sort of like those who have decided to help the environment by getting hybrid cars, if you live in Vermont you have to pay an additional $200 to register that car as the government loses out on gas tax by that person not buying as much gas, as soon as we are ok with corporations doing whatever they want, it isn't long before we all pay the price in some manner in the end. Or just pretend that made some sense. I wish you all luck with your future collecting, as well as hoping you all eventually see the wrong that is being done to us. farewell, and may the force be with us all.

Reaction score
Oh, and sorry for the long windedness, but if you think that's bad, you should ask mu kids abouty when they get in trouble. lol

Reaction score
You never really know how much you appreciate paragraph breaks until you run across someone who doesn't use them.

Anyways, I don't think Hasbro/Kenner's decision to keep the 1995 line at 3.75" was out of respect for the collector. They still had the molds for the Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, etc. so why not use them and save on tooling costs? Especially since they weren't really sure if the line would be well received or not. Star Wars had been out of the mainstream for nearly a decade at that point and Lucas hadn't even announced the Prequels yet. This was why those early figures were so overly buff, because Hasbro/Kenner was worried that an entire line of skinny human action figures would get lost in the toy aisle among all the superhero lines that were the rage at the time. If they really had respect for the collector, then we wouldn't have seen musclebound Luke or rereleases of vintage vehicle molds (which did nothing but drive down the aftermarket values of the original vintage versions).

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I stopped taking you seriously when you compared buying toys to being raped. Wow, just wow. Think about that for a second.

A friend of mine recently was hanging out with a guy at her place, had some drinks, she was slipped something because she woke up the next day in her bed naked, no memory of what happened. She couldn't get a hold of the guy. Had a pregnancy scare. That is rape.

But yeah, you're Hasbro charging $13 for exclusive figures (which are a luxury item by the way and in no way necessary for anyone) is totally the same thing.

Just wow. People need to stop throwing out the term rape so callously.

That's what's truly disgusting.

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm done collecting Star Wars figures. After learning the news that only Walmart will have the 3.75 black series (the good figures with articulation), I have decided to to buy none of them as well as I will not shop at Walmart stores anymore. I think it is wrong as 1, there are many communities that have no Walmart stores and 2, isn't it bad enough that Walmart has as much range over the economy as it is and now they will have all the power over the best Star Wars figures? Exclusives were bad enough as is since many fans want all the figures they can get and splitting it up between stores for any particular item I have always thought it wrong. I own no exclusives, and will not, and refuse to join in this obscene jesture on the part of Walmart, Hasbro, and Disney and a total insult to Star Wars fans and collectors everywhere. To force someone to buy their products at any particular store is completely inappropriate. It is just another way for the powers that be to rape the fans. The price is raping us bad enough but now with Walmart being the sole provider for the articulated figures I guess they can charge any ridiculous price they desire and us as fans and collectors will just keep shelling it out as we have always done because we have no values or concepts of this discugusting behavior just so we can have a 4" peice of plastic. Well, I have had enough!!!! Hasbro and Walmart have just lost any business they would have ever had from me. They will not make any more money from me. I like so many others went out for Force Friday, however, unlike many, I bought nothing. I was so sickened by the poor quality of the figures as I have beyond the idea of 5 point articulation. I feel sorry for the masses that spent thier money on any fgures released Force Friday because the idea that all the money spent on 5 point arrticulation for the same characters that will be re-released in a few months with much more articulation will be bought up by the same people spending more money becuse the new figures are better. I am so happy and feeling quite liberated by this new found desire to breake from this habbit of spending money on crap figures just to be duped by spending more money on the same character later because it's better. One last thought, and some will agree and some will not, but I remember when Phantam Menace came out and how excited I like so many others were feeling. I remember how rushed I felt about getting to the stores to get all the new figures and characters even though I had no idea who these people were going to be. I also remember how disappointed I was after seeing the TPM and wishing I had not spent all that money on figures that would never mean to me what the original characters meant. I was so sad that I had all this wasted time and effort put into this venture and being duped by GL because he made a lousy movie and gave me crap characters. I hope one day you all see the light one day too. I hope everyone who might read this post will understand what I am saying and realize that Hasbro, Walmart and Disney have no business in destroying the fun of collecting Star Wars figures. I understand that their business is making money by providing consumers with a desireed product, but not all of those consumers have acces to Walmart, not all of those consumers even shop at Walmart due to reasons of the size of Walmart and it's impact in the economic world, and not all consumers have acces to shopping online. The bottm line is if we go out and buy any 3.75" Star Wars action figures black series from Walmart all we are doing is say we are ok with whatever they want to do, whatever they want to charge, and whoever they want to screw over....as long as we get the figures. I feel sorry for you if you cannot see this. It is no difference in the this that with getting bad service at a diner but continuing to eat there. They can only do what the consumers will allow. If you buy the figures they will continue to screw us everytime. Buy them, they raise the price. We still buy them, they make exclusives. We still buy them they make them only available where they want. viscious cycle and I quit. Thank you and good night.
Uh, your rant is all good and well, but you're missing one very important point: opinions.
Yeah, okay, you think it's all crap, you hate exclusives, you think we're all insane for still collecting the new figures.
Well guess what? I like some of the new toys. I like exclusives and hunting for them, and I enjoy collecting them.
If you're fed up, fine. But don't act like we're a bunch of mentally inept primates because we like something you don't, that makes you no better than those trolls who sit on the internet insulting people all day for the movies and games they like.
Yeah Hasbro are scummy, and that's why I rarely directly give them money; I go through third party sellers. It's all about preference.

Reaction score
Maybe I'm confused, but doesn't TRU carry the Black Series line? I could have sworn I saw 3 3/4 figures there the other day.

Reaction score
I didn't get too far on that text wall, but let me get this straight; you hold it against WM for getting exclusives? Isn't that more Hasbro's decision?

And if you ask me, all of you holding out with the 3 3/4" line are just begging for disappointment anyway. That line ended with the last TVC wave, the Black collection has been a joke. Rereleases and awful figures like Dagobah Luke...

Reaction score
I didn't get too far on that text wall, but let me get this straight; you hold it against WM for getting exclusives? Isn't that more Hasbro's decision?

And if you ask me, all of you holding out with the 3 3/4" line are just begging for disappointment anyway. That line ended with the last TVC wave, the Black collection has been a joke. Rereleases and awful figures like Dagobah Luke...
Got a few of the recent 3 3/4" and I'm not disappointed. Jokes on you mate.

Reaction score
I skipped on almost the entire Dagobah Luke Wave and picked up the articulated Ep7 figures that just came out. I DO agree, it sucks that we can't get decent figures anywhere but Walmart. But, my bank account is all the better for it. Around 05, I stopped buying everything (because I hated Star Wars after the prequels), and in 2010 I decided to only buy the stuff I actually wanted. Right now, we're in a slump of their being VERY little worth buying (in my opinion, of course.)

Also...you are WAY too flippant with your use of the word "rape". These are toys. They are NOWHERE near anything resembling that word.

Reaction score
For those of you not paying attention, Hasbro and Walmart decided that the force awakens black series 3.75" would be a Walmart exclusive, so yes, you may have seen black series in other stores but not from the new movie. Also, using the word rape in describing the cost of action figures has nothing to do with the figures themselves, I use it in the idea of financial rape from the marketers. Another thing, you can say what you want, but I have seen enough other people on here that agree with what I have said. This is can even be seen in the next thread under Dear Hasbro. Not too mention how many people that have been disappointed in the movie that they are even selling any TFA toys they have bought. I am happy that I stayed away from buying any of them, as now that I have seen the movie and was not impressed as I felt the characters were not developed well, every scene moved entirely too fast, the cinematography was way too clean and the story line did not move well...for me that is. But that is quite all right, you hard core collectors keep right on shelling out all that money and keep Hasbro doing exactly what they are doing, making crap figures for high dollars with no word or argument. When one continues to do they way they have always done they will always get what they they have always gotten.

Reaction score
Also, using the word rape in describing the cost of action figures has nothing to do with the figures themselves, I use it in the idea of financial rape from the marketers.
...Yeah. Cuz that makes it better.

But that is quite all right, you hard core collectors keep right on shelling out all that money and keep Hasbro doing exactly what they are doing, making crap figures for high dollars with no word or argument.
I'll continue doing what I have for the past few years. Buy the stuff I deem worth buying and ignoring that which I don't.

Reaction score
He's shown me the light! What a fool I was for liking something and buying things I like. I've clearly been brainwashed and don't actually like any of this stuff. Even though I pick and choose what I buy I'm still falling for Hasbros nefarious scheme.

He's right about the toys. No one on these forums show the slightest interest. Well actually a bunch of people do, but they don't count. Only the ones who don't like the toys matter.

All I see is full pegs...wait I mean empty pegs of toys that no one wants from a movie no one likes. If people really liked this movie it wouldn't be failing to the tune of 600 mill. Chump change.

Reaction score
All I see is full pegs...wait I mean empty pegs of toys that no one wants from a movie no one likes. If people really liked this movie it wouldn't be failing to the tune of 600 mill. Chump change.
In the grand scheme of things what is $1.2 billion and potentially the biggest Box Office film ever as well as billions in merchandise from TFA film alone?

Reaction score
Well, for starters, Versailles, Ky has no Walmart. Several other towns in Ky have no Walmart. To top off, New York City, Boston, Jersey City, Detroit, San Francisco, Seattle, Arlington.... Without looking up every town in the U.S. I could not properly name every community without Walmart, and that would take way too much time.

Reaction score
Yes where is this mythical place? I would love to move there so I don't have to look at a Walmart on every corner of every street.
Perspective man... perspective.

When I was growing up, it was a 20 minute drive to the nearest fast food restaurant. There were no Walmarts and I got to Toys R Us maybe a couple times a year when we went to the mall that was almost an hour away. I got Star Wars figures for Christmas and birthdays for a few years and started purchasing them myself once the new movie hype started up in 1996-1999. To think that someone would feel so 'entitled' to purchasing action figures just adds to my concern for the next generation.

Reaction score

When I was growing up, it was a 20 minute drive to the nearest fast food restaurant. There were no Walmarts and I got to Toys R Us maybe a couple times a year when we went to the mall that was almost an hour away. I got Star Wars figures for Christmas and birthdays for a few years and started purchasing them myself once the new movie hype started up in 1996-1999. To think that someone would feel so 'entitled' to purchasing action figures just adds to my concern for the next generation.
QUIET! You are invading their SAFE SPACE.

Reaction score
This made u quit 3 3/4? I quit those years ago after Toys R Us sold those McQuarrie multi packs... all the $$$.... all the gas n time... all the over seas communication to get the CE versions.... That was the last straw for me. Then I see all this 5 POA POS's.... Im a Hot Toys and Prop replica guy now and have nwver felt better. At 42 I feel I have a more refined collection and its even better that people love looking at it all. Hasbro gets zero dollars from me... and that makes me grin.

Reaction score
Lego's been getting most of my collecting dollars the past few months. I seem to be quitting Hasbro without having made a conscious decision to do so.

Reaction score
Re: the OP, I'm close to feeling the same way - I'm not really getting into TFA (either the regular line or TBS) and - other than two vehicles (Rey's Speeder & the Snowspeeder), I've gotten no figures/toys from the line - and don't really plan on doing so, either. After collecting SW toys for 20+ years, I'm am finally burned out re: these toys. Not collecting Sideshow SW figures any more, either.

That's was pretty much my experience as a kid collecting SW Kenner (Vintage) figures & growing up in the early - mid 1980's. No Walmarts at all (not even sure that store existed at that time) & no Targets. The closest TRU was about 30-45 minutes away, and without a drivers license, I only got to go there a handful of times a year. The only other stores around me that that sold Kenner SW toys were Memco & later Bradlees (neither store exists anymore), and an overpriced toy store in a local Mall near me. I didn't have much spending money at the time, so also got most of my SW toys at birthdays and holidays - and that was it.

When POTF2 started up in 1995, I had more spending money (because I had started working) and a car, so did have the money & means to collect the modern line.

Reaction score
I've actually not bought a single Hasbro toy from either their TFA or Force Friday lines. I wanted to, but then they all turned out to be garbage. Pure garbage. Instead, I bought a bunch of vehicles from the Mattel SW line. I mean, Hasbro has always been cheap, but these toys are an all new low. Every single lightsaber is part of their ****** Build-A-Saber line, every single figure has horrible sculpt and paint, every single blaster is Nerf, and the vehicles are cheaply made. I walk into stores and always check out the toy department, but every time I do, my hopes fall and my interest crashed down. I just can't bring myself to buy such trash, I can't. I miss the Hasbro toys from my childhood. Well put together, tough plastic, the lightsabers were like real lightsabers. The blasters were like real blasters. I mean, look at this:

16 years between them. 16 years of improved machinery, improved mold making capabilities, improved sculpting tools... 16 years and the older one looks exactly like the one used in the movie save for the orange safety tip, and the new one looks some pile of Playskool puke that crawled out of the Babies R Us store. I'm very near my breaking point with Hasbro. If they don't get some better plastic, some better sculpts, and some better paint apps soon, I'm going to be done with buying anything new from them.

Reaction score
Lego's been getting most of my collecting dollars the past few months. I seem to be quitting Hasbro without having made a conscious decision to do so.
Yeah, I'm not really into LEGO, but I think I spent more Money on Star Wars LEGO in 2015 than I did on Hasbro SW stuff.

I'm not ready to quit, I just have the Problem that Hasbro isn't seeling the stuff I want where I live.:mad:

Reaction score
That's was pretty much my experience as a kid collecting SW Kenner (Vintage) figures & growing up in the early - mid 1980's. No Walmarts at all (not even sure that store existed at that time) & no Targets. The closest TRU was about 30-45 minutes away, and without a drivers license, I only got to go there a handful of times a year. The only other stores around me that that sold Kenner SW toys were Memco & later Bradlees (neither store exists anymore), and an overpriced toy store in a local Mall near me. I didn't have much spending money at the time, so also got most of my SW toys at birthdays and holidays - and that was it.

When POTF2 started up in 1995, I had more spending money (because I had started working) and a car, so did have the money & means to collect the modern line.
Meijer was the place for me... raised in Michigan... but even that was 20 miles, so I wasn't riding my bike there. Remember drooling over Sears Toy Catalogs? When I was old enough to drive I'd lost interest for the most part, but I was working by 1996 so I bought a few things and it snowballed from there. I remember the thrill of seeing a whole new wave in the store as a kid (and as an adult) :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really into LEGO, but I think I spent more Money on Star Wars LEGO in 2015 than I did on Hasbro SW stuff.

I'm not ready to quit, I just have the Problem that Hasbro isn't seeling the stuff I want where I live.:mad:
Since the very begining of the year all the Hasbro stuff from the current lines I've bought, I got it from the UK. Not from Ebay because everything is over priced there, but from a couple websites and members here. Even including shipping, I paid less for what I would have paid if I ever would have found new stuff in stores around here... which will never happen anyway, as since early December stores either didn't restock anything at all, or restock with past autumn lines. Feels we are stuck with the 2015 waves for a long time here, as now nobody's buying TFA figures anymore and they are pegwarming everywhere where they've been restocked! Not to mention TBS 6", which are now not existing anymore here, and TBS 3.75" which never existed anyway.

In the end I didn't gave up on buying Hasbro new coming lines, but I totally gave up with the idea of buying new Star Wars toys in my place. And most importantly, I've really easily gave up on wanting to collect Hasbro new stuff. I might get a couple of figures here and there if I really like a character or a figure, but the envy to collect new lines of toys is gone. I'll probably stay a customer for Hasbro, but not a collector anymore.

Reaction score
16 years between them. 16 years of improved machinery, improved mold making capabilities, improved sculpting tools... 16 years and the older one looks exactly like the one used in the movie save for the orange safety tip, and the new one looks some pile of Playskool puke that crawled out of the Babies R Us store. I'm very near my breaking point with Hasbro. If they don't get some better plastic, some better sculpts, and some better paint apps soon, I'm going to be done with buying anything new from them.
But sor Hasbro it was more like 16 years of "hey we just care about making more money, always more money, so let's produce always crappier and cheaper toys we'll sell for a higher and higher price so Wall Street will be happy with what we do".

Sadly it's not just Hasbro and it's not just toys. Look at cars, furnitures... everything is crap and short-lasting now.

Reaction score
But sor Hasbro it was more like 16 years of "hey we just care about making more money, always more money, so let's produce always crappier and cheaper toys we'll sell for a higher and higher price so Wall Street will be happy with what we do".

Sadly it's not just Hasbro and it's not just toys. Look at cars, furnitures... everything is crap and short-lasting now.
Truth to that. My car is 16 years old, and I've had to replace the exhaust twice in the past 5 years. The original exhaust lasted twice as long as the replacement parts.

Reaction score
Except for LEGO, which seems to be constantly upping the ante in terms of quality and innovation. Also, they're not afraid to take risks. Hasbro isn't, either, but their efforts are undermined by poor quality products and shoddy distribution, time after time.