Dear Hasbro, How About a Sub-Line of ON THE SET Action Figures

Reaction score

Maybe something similar to the McQuarrie Concept line that was (and is still) popular.

The ON THE SET line would show a lot of familiar STAR WARS Actor/Actresses with their
helmets/costumes OFF, and we'd see their faces as they might have been seen
ON THE SETs of the movie filming.

For Example, I'd love to see the following in 3 3/4 scale.

1) Peter Mayhew in fur, but with Chewie head OFF (with blackened eyes and his great smile)
2) Kenny with his head sticking out of R2's can.
3) Warwick with ewok body, but with cowl off (maybe next to Carrie Fisher)
4) Jeremy Bullock as Boba Fett sans bucket.
5) Ackbar, in his swivel chair, but without head.
6) Oz with his hand up Yoda's youknowwhat

.. the list goes on.

Its just my opinion too, but I'd like to see them SMILING.

These figs could be shortpacked with regular waves (like McQuarries were) or convention exclusives or something.

I just think these guys deserve to get their faces on a toy before they've gone the way of
so many other SW icons that we (sadly) keep reading about.

I dunno... I'd buy em. (maybe GG could do a few, like they've jumped aboard w/ McQs)

Im sure Hasbro could find a way to keep them coming despite they wouldn't be readily
available in normal AF Waves (thus preventing them gaining PEGWARMER status)

-Clone (feeling extra MORTAL these days) Wolf

Reaction score
Apparently LFL shot down the idea when Hasbro asked about it years ago. The only one that was granted to do it is Lucas himself (and he was disguised), unless one of the other actors plays an unmasked role, as Anthony Daniels did for Lt. Dannl Faytonni (Coruscant Outlander Club), so a figure could be produced. That's the best way to go frankly, as the demand for unmasked characters is likely very low compared to any of countless unmade characters.

Reaction score
I think this is an idea that would have a very limited appeal even among the most hardcore adult toy collectors (I think the appeal among kids would be right around zero). I could see the Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker figures getting made someday as convention exclusives; but that's really about it. Maybe a figure of Anthony Daniels in the C-3PO costume would be a possibility as well.

However, sculpting them with smiling expressions would take a toy with an already limited appeal and make it even less appealing. A smile is a very difficult thing to capture in a sculpt and, as we've seen in the past, smiling action figures usually end up looking very cartoonish and/or creepy:

Reaction score

Maybe something similar to the McQuarrie Concept line that was (and is still) popular.

The ON THE SET line would show a lot of familiar STAR WARS Actor/Actresses with their
helmets/costumes OFF, and we'd see their faces as they might have been seen
ON THE SETs of the movie filming.

For Example, I'd love to see the following in 3 3/4 scale.

1) Peter Mayhew in fur, but with Chewie head OFF (with blackened eyes and his great smile)
2) Kenny with his head sticking out of R2's can.
3) Warwick with ewok body, but with cowl off (maybe next to Carrie Fisher)
4) Jeremy Bullock as Boba Fett sans bucket.
5) Ackbar, in his swivel chair, but without head.
6) Oz with his hand up Yoda's youknowwhat

.. the list goes on.

Its just my opinion too, but I'd like to see them SMILING.

These figs could be shortpacked with regular waves (like McQuarries were) or convention exclusives or something.

I just think these guys deserve to get their faces on a toy before they've gone the way of
so many other SW icons that we (sadly) keep reading about.

I dunno... I'd buy em. (maybe GG could do a few, like they've jumped aboard w/ McQs)

Im sure Hasbro could find a way to keep them coming despite they wouldn't be readily
available in normal AF Waves (thus preventing them gaining PEGWARMER status)

-Clone (feeling extra MORTAL these days) Wolf
give it time... I'm sure we'll eventually see Chewbacca Mom get a 3.75" figure of her. I mean she received a 12" version. :p