Dear Hasbro, for the love of God, please, no more Nerf vehicles!

Reaction score
How about making more 3.75 basic figures. Say like Luke and Leia. I never thought I would see the day, a toy company makes less toys for a Star Wars film.

Reaction score
I'm not sure anymore if the problem really is Hasbro or the Star Wars franchise. I think Max Landis coined it the best pointing out with the TFA all we got were familiar Star Wars elements but less of it. I think the entire approach under Disney crystalizes in everything else Star Wars related.

- Watered down video games with heavy-fire promotion and "meh" effect after their release. Result of outsourcing the license to companies known for average products
- A movie which doesn't provide alot to extract. Here is where Hasbro comes into play (literally). The toys released are clearly marketed towards children, which is absolutley fine by me but the quality and the entire tone of them (corporate identity/design) is something which feels very unfamiliar and in contrast to the Star Wars Pre-Disney. Working in design, I think it is highly likely Hasbro gets more restrictions and guidelines passed to them than we know about or we see at first.

Overall Hasbro did a pretty good job in im opinion for the past decade until the Black Series came out (unnecessary rivaling the other well established lines which already worked fine). If you take the Black Series (I do not count all the Rebels and Clone stuff here) it seems like it is the last remaining relic of the pre-disney era for Star Wars and Star Wars/Hasbro. Everything that came after it is a clear break of what we've seen before and again I doubt Hasbro is responsible alone for this. The good ideas and good designers don't disappear all of a sudden from one year to another.

Reaction score
We've had ships and playsets and figures that shoot oversized projectiles for decades. It isn't an altogether new concept and adds play value to kid's toys. Tying it with a well known brand like Nerf just seems like a no brainer, kind of like combining LEGO and Star Wars. Good for the toy companies, good for the kids, good for the parents. Yeah, it might peeve some collectors, but they aren't the target consumers for those items in the first place.

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how to add to my previous message or edit it.

Anyways, I wonder if the addition of things like Nerf rocket shooting isn't so much interference from on high as much as it is just Hasbro reprioritizing. They gave collectors years and years of attention and maybe with the new trilogy they've decided to swing the pendulum back towards kids first and collectors later. It isn't like collectors have been completely forgotten, between the Black Series, new lines like Hot Wheels, and the constant stream of convention exclusives, but if they decided to shift their focus to accommodate a larger market, who can blame them?

If anything, the biggest problem Hasbro has right now is distribution.

Reaction score
We've had ships and playsets and figures that shoot oversized projectiles for decades.
Except that so far projectile shooters were still integrated with the vehicle's original weapon array, and while not invisible, were at least unobtrusive.
The Nerf stuff has projectiles that are ten times larger than any previous projectile, require heavy redesign on the vehicle to be integrated, and were not even meant to be merged into vehicles - Nerf used to be human-sized toy weapons.

The Nerf idea just doesn't mix with Star Wars vehicles. Do a Nerf Imperial Blaster, or a Nerf Han Solo Handgun, by all means, but leave the vehicles alone!

Reaction score
I miss Kenner. They had everything out on time, didn't feel like they spoiled anything and kept you hyped for years. They also built stuff that fit with the universe. Granted, the faces weren't great, but that was part of the charm.

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how to add to my previous message or edit it.

Anyways, I wonder if the addition of things like Nerf rocket shooting isn't so much interference from on high as much as it is just Hasbro reprioritizing. They gave collectors years and years of attention and maybe with the new trilogy they've decided to swing the pendulum back towards kids first and collectors later. It isn't like collectors have been completely forgotten, between the Black Series, new lines like Hot Wheels, and the constant stream of convention exclusives, but if they decided to shift their focus to accommodate a larger market, who can blame them?

If anything, the biggest problem Hasbro has right now is distribution.
The current incorporation with Nerf is like any of the other action features we've gotten on ships and with figures over the years. It's gimmicky and appeals to kids as you said. I don't give Hasbro credit for a lot of stuff, but I do think they are always trying to get kids... which IS the demographic. Let's face it... Hasbro is not an adult collector company like Gentle Giant, Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc. Hasbro is a TOY company.

Do I think the Angry Birds, Command, Fighter Pods, Force Battlers, Transformers, Battle Arenas, the Galactic Battle Game, Potato Heads, M&M's, Miniature Unleashed, Hero Mashers, Custom Choppers, etc........ were all good ideas? NO! But they are toys.

We were spoiled rotten and are now acting like children a lot of the time by demanding our favorite things or we'll quit.

I wish the nerf stuff was less obtrusive. I also wish I had room for all the stuff I have purchased over the years that I really like.

Reaction score
Except that so far projectile shooters were still integrated with the vehicle's original weapon array, and while not invisible, were at least unobtrusive.
The Nerf stuff has projectiles that are ten times larger than any previous projectile, require heavy redesign on the vehicle to be integrated, and were not even meant to be merged into vehicles - Nerf used to be human-sized toy weapons.

The Nerf idea just doesn't mix with Star Wars vehicles. Do a Nerf Imperial Blaster, or a Nerf Han Solo Handgun, by all means, but leave the vehicles alone!
This! This! 1000x this! When I was a kid, one of my favorite parts of the classic AotC Jedi Starfighter was that the action feature was hidden behind breakaway panels that came off with the click of a tiny button. The vehicle was a magnificent example of a vehicle that was both fun and accurate. I was never an avid reader of the comics, and never knew at the time that this action feature tied into the comics, but I was very excited when I learned about it. It made the toy even cooler in my opinion. Toys can be both fun and accurate, and I think modern Hasblows forgets that.

Reaction score
The way I see it, nothing positive has come from combining the Nerf feature with Star Wars toys. Even the Nerf role-play blasters look terrible and overly boxy compared to previous roleplay toys.

I'll be happy when this little experiment has gone the way of magnetic action features and cloneheads under the helmet of every OT Imperial trooper.

Reaction score
If they could make a toys that don't appear in the film then add Nerf guns & make fun toys. But don't add it to something if it takes away features that make the toy fun.

Reaction score
We were spoiled rotten and are now acting like children a lot of the time by demanding our favorite things or we'll quit.
I paid hard earned money for my toys, mister, and I'll bet everybody else here did as well, so I wouldn't call us spoiled.;)

I never threatened Hasbro that I'd quit if they didn't make the stuff I liked. They just stopped making the stuff I like available in my area. I never had a chance to quit, they just stop letting me buy their stuff that I wanted.:'(

Reaction score
I paid hard earned money for my toys, mister, and I'll bet everybody else here did as well, so I wouldn't call us spoiled.;)

I never threatened Hasbro that I'd quit if they didn't make the stuff I liked. They just stopped making the stuff I like available in my area. I never had a chance to quit, they just stop letting me buy their stuff that I wanted.:'(

Notice I said WE... I was spoiled also. I just hate hearing how people are so upset that they blah blah blah.... hey... I've done some of that too. I just want to move forward though, and in a positive direction. I've seen enough of your posts, Trooper, to know that you and I are on the same wavelength at least. Give us good sculpts of characters that can attain their iconic poses and or achieve a decent amount of movement based on the figure. Jedi and troopers need articulation. Backgrounders may not need it so much.

I know I"m in the minority, but I really liked the preposed 3 3/4" figures like Luminara and Bariss from the 2002 Attack of the Clones line. I want figures that can look more active than what the 5POA can achieve. I'd like to be able to decide the pose, but I'd also like Jaxxon and Vlix, so where's that leave me?

Reaction score
Notice I said WE... I was spoiled also. I just hate hearing how people are so upset that they blah blah blah.... hey... I've done some of that too. I just want to move forward though, and in a positive direction. I've seen enough of your posts, Trooper, to know that you and I are on the same wavelength at least. Give us good sculpts of characters that can attain their iconic poses and or achieve a decent amount of movement based on the figure. Jedi and troopers need articulation. Backgrounders may not need it so much.

QUOTE]

Amen, to that.

Reaction score
They did have their appeal, as far as pre-posed figures go. I like the action stance for on several for several reasons. Though I can see where it would be odd trying to recreate certain scenes and stuck with that pose. I guess that's why many people prefer that straight standing look. However, if they just find middle ground, we both get what we want. No one is forcing a person to use the articulation it comes with, but it sure is nice if needed. And there's no need to make two figures to please two different crowds.

But we're a bit of track here. This is about someone's hatred for Nerf-ships. I honestly don't mind them, because they haven't made a ship I actually want with that feature yet. lol
But when they do, as long as it's hidden well and doesn't impair the vehicle. I'm fine with it. I can just remove it if it's too bothersome.

It also seems the only way we are going to get the bigger ships now, because they apparently need "appeal" to sell them.