Dear Hasbro, could you please make a Star Wars.......

Reaction score
Dear Hasbro, could you please make a Star Wars figure set of twenty action figures, that are characters from the Cantina, and sold on one big action figure picture card, made up of twenty bubbles of 3.75 inch plastic figures & equipment, that can be easily hung from a wall? (with reinforced plastic hanger for a wall hook.)

Also, a 20 figure Hoth set.

And, a 20 figure Endor set.

If it's not too much trouble, how about a combination set of 30 figures from Jabba's Palace and Jabba's Sail Barge, complete with character variations?

Reaction score
Yes, but it might be cool, if they put a group character image at the top in front of whatever setting they are in, and squeeze the figure bubbles very close together in rows of five.

Then sell them at a special price for $150.00 retail each.

Maybe a ten figure set for $50 to $80, instead.

Battle packs were five figures for $20, I think, they might be able to work something out.

With that thought, why can't Hasbro give us a pack of ten of Death Star Stormtroopers for $39.99? That would be fun. (ten of the same kind of figure, but all on a card instead of a box)

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're thinking that these figures would be 5POA? The trouble is Hasbro's multipacks of late haven't sold well. Granted they mostly contain figures that the collecting community already have, but they still aren't selling through quickly. The super articulated Black Series packs seem to fair better but I can't see them getting near that price range. 20 figures, many of which would need to be new sculpts, works out at $7.50 per figure, reasonable for 5 POA but its just the sheer numbers that I think Hasbro would balk at. Sadly Battle packs with five figures for $20 is largely a thing of the past. This years Jeddah Revolt 4 pack was $29.99 when it first hit shelves.
The 5POA line is aimed at a cheaper way of getting younger fans into the toy line and generally it's the background characters that sit on pegs, so I'm not sure this type of set would appeal to younger collectors/parents of younger collectors. Now if this were a Super Articulated set, or at least more than 5POA with the Heroes having full Super Articulation, then this could be a hit with the collecting community, but again I think the Price would have to be so high that it would be prohibitive. 20 figures you'd be looking at $200 easily, probably closer to $300, you'd see the inevitable "I'll wait for it to go on clearance" comments and It would likely convince Hasbro not to release the Hoth and Endor Sets.
I'm sorry to sound negative and 20 figures would be an awesome instant hit to bulk up your collection, but it seems just too many for me and there'd inevitably be a fair few repacks in the set which most collectors would already have, forcing them to buy the repacked figures again just to get the new characters. The Black Series Battle on Endor and Jabba's Rancor Pit sets highlight this, though at least the Rancor Pit did get some harder to find figures back into the market.
Army builder packs are a good idea, but again I'd half the numbers. A 5 pack would work well allowing for a commander and a squad of 4 troopers, ideally each with slightly different deco. These worked well in the past without taking up too much shelf space. The other thing to bear in mind is that parents don't like buying kids something they already have, so a set of 10 identical figures isn't going to appeal to that market (which is a significant portion of Hasbro customer base).

Reaction score
Ah, cool. That does make sense, Rogue82.

I like the sound of a five pack of '5POA' figures.

Maybe they could lower the price with the plain figures by having them sold without accessories and weapons. They could just produce five Star Wars action figures on a simple card, instead of a fancy box that takes up extra space.

Sometimes, it is good just to have the figures for a display, than to have them movie perfect. (or just to get a quick sample of their variety, for the mixed figure packs)

The idea is a good one for new 5 figure packs.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Exactly, an easy way to make an Army builder set. I would still include the weapons though. Even though they often get lost, they are still an important part of the play environment.

Reaction score
Figure packs larger than battle packs are usually marketed as exclusives, the Death Star conference and Joker Squad sets come into mind right away. Hasbrotoyshop or EE would typically market army builder types of 4 or more. The outlets exist, its just a question what makes a viable set.

Frankly, I'm all in for a rebel Endor strike team set (12 or so figs). Granted it might consist of rehashed Saga/Vintage Collection figures, but with some new head sculpts to match those on-screen, it would be enough of a collector inventive to purchase. Would be a hefty single price set, but two maybe three subsets is IMO realistic. I just wouldn't go 5POA BTW unless you were standing like the Emperor's procession.

BTW, cost reducing SW figures in this manner particularly proper named characters IMO just isn't Hasbro's forte unless you focus on army builder types like stormtroopers or rebels which you can even get down to baggie packaging. But that again would be Hasbro's call.

Reaction score
A 20 figure set would be more in the range of $200 most likely unless they do the 5POA, but then you get into the issues of who is buying these? 20 NEW character figures with 5POA would enrage much of the collecting community. 20 New character figures with articulation would be amazing to collectors, but prohibitive to parents due to cost and size. 20 Repacks would likely turn everyone off. See Below:

I saw someone mention that the current multipacks didn't sell... well of course not. The Maz set had one new figure... Maz. The Kohl's set had a couple repaints. The 3 pack with Jyn, Cassian, K-2SO came out shortly after everyone that cared had already bought them individually. The only one that surprises me in terms of not selling is the Saw Gerrera pack. That has 3 new figures (albeit 5POA) and still doesn't seem to be selling through everywhere I look.

Multipacks should certainly come back! Perceived Value is the key term here. 4 figures for $30 doesn't sound like a value... so throw something else in the box... literally anything that makes it look like they are getting more for their money.

1 figure for $10 and 2 figures for $15.99, 3 for $24.99, and 4 for $29.99.... which is the best value? People don't do MATH anymore.

I'll help you out :)
1 figure = 10, 2 figures = 8.00 each, 3 figures = 8.33 each, 4 figures = 7.50 each