DeAgostini diecast ships & vehicles

Reaction score
That's a great deal in my book. I think you did great no matter what vehicles are in the lot.
It's an amazing price! As far as I recall they're about $20 each complete, but the mags aren't that exciting.
Thanks guys. I saw some sellers on ebay selling ships for up to 30 €/USD per piece. However, I tought those are not "realistic" prices as so often with crazy "buy now" options. Still I was hoping that with 130 USD for 56 pieces incl. shipping (!), I might have a good deal. Thanks for confirming this.

I also noticed that this series is quite a bit cheaper in Europe in general, probably because DeAgostini is a European company.

Now it is 24 more pieces to go - I hope to grab another collection to fill those gaps and sell the duplicates then.

Btw, on ComicCon I also saw the Chess figures as well as the normal figures - both look quite sharp as well. I really underestimated that DeAgostini stuff to be honest.

Reaction score
Was that line released in the US at all?
Yep, they were carried by Diamond (thus many comic shops had 'em) and online e-tailers like TFAW, BBTS, and EE. Some may still have a few.

Fantastic deal, btw. :)
FYI: the Death Star I and some of the last 20 can be more expensive to acquire. The former was only released as "loyalty gift" in Europe but it pops up on eBay occasionally. The last 20 had sketchy distribution for some of us in N. America, though they were all released eventually. I got a lot of those from TFAW.

Reaction score
Darth_Duranium does TFAW still have these? I can't seem to find them on a search of their site.

Reaction score
Buying them in a large lot will nearly always guarantee a drastically lower price per item, that's why tracking these down as singles is a pain - and a burden to your wallet. These weren't widely available in the US, so I only own a couple - but they are nice pieces, though some are very fragile - meant to be left in the cases. I'd still like to track down a Techno Union Starship and perhaps a couple others - but stopped searching for them because of a lack of inventory in the US...

Reaction score
Are any of the figurines particularly hard to find? (not the chess pieces) 'cause if I'm going to go by the eBay search I just did, I would assume "most of them".

Reaction score
So, 2 hours after posting this I came across the chance to buy 56 out of 80 ships for 2 € / 2,50 USD each. All in their box with background, but without the magazines. Without being able to check with you guys, I spontaneously decided to buy the lot. Was that price ok? I have no detailed overview over which ships are included yet. That will be kind of a surprise.

Now I am in yet another line to fill gaps. Micro Machines, Elite Series, Disney Die Cast vehicles, and now this - after decades of resisting to buy SW toys, this year completely ruined me. I think I need to sell videogames of my collection (C O N S O L L E C T I O N) soon if this worsens.
So, I received my lot today and I am... totally impressed. Yes, the scale is strange, and not all models are winners (that AT-AT is weak), but: most vehicles are rarely seen, and many are exceptionally done, with great details, great paintjobs and all. I am really, really impressed with this line. I even love the small boxes, the backgrounds, everything!

I think I was furthermore lucky that various "late" models of this line were included in this lot as they seem to be harder to get. As always, I am working with a list, so here is the 56 models I got today (European numbering):
#001Millennium Falcon
#002X-Wing
#003Anakins Starfighter
#004Star Destroyer
#005AT-AT
#006TIE Advanced X1
#007Imperial Shuttle
#008Jabba the Hutts Sail Barge
#009A-Wing Starfighter
#010Snowspeeder
#011Y-Wing
#012Naboo N-1 Starfighter
#013TIE Bomber
#014B-Wing
#015Sith Infiltrator
#016AT-RT
#020General Grievous Starfighter
#022TIE-Interceptor
#026V-Wing Starfighter
#027Darth Mauls Sith Speeder
#029Geonosian Starfighter
#030Sandcrawler
#031STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform)
#033Landspeeder
#036Homing Spider Droid
#040Trade Federation Droid Control Ship
#041Republic Attack Gunship
#042Invisible Hand
#043Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
#044Droid Starfighter
#045Trade Federation AAT
#046Escape Pod
#048Clone Turbo Tank
#049General Grievous Wheel Bike
#050Naboo Cruiser
#051T-16 Sky Hopper
#053Starfreighter
#054Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
#055Naboo Star Skiff
#058Desert Skiff
#059Naboo Queens Royal Star Ship
#060BARC - Speeder
#062Naboo Flash Speeder
#063Imperial Shuttle Theta Class
#064Tie-Crawler
#065MTT
#066Hyper Space Docking Ring
#067TIE Defender
#069AT-PT
#070Neimodean Shuttle
#071Dookus Solar Sailor
#072AT-OT
#073Home One
#077UT-AT
#079Anakin Skywalkers Podracer
#080Wookie Catameran

That being said, it is 24 more missing:
#017Delta-7 Starfighter
#018Imperial Speeder Bike
#019Slave I
#021Death Star II
#023ARC-170
#024Storm IV
#025AT-TE Walker
#028Tantive IV
#032AT-ST
#034Nebulon-B-Fregatte
#035Executor
#037GR-75 Medium-Transporter
#038Droid-Tri Fighter
#039IG-227
#047Venator Star Destroyer
#052Zephyr-G
#056Zam Wells Glider
#057Bongo
#061Cloud City
#068C-9979 Landing Ship
#074Ewok Glider
#075Space Freighter
#076Recusant Class
#078Sebulba’s Podracer
+ 2 subscriber bonus vehicles

I cleaned and sorted them in front of our TV, and could not believe my luck (remember, I paid 120 bucks for the lot). I was full of joy, while my wife starts thinking that 2015 and the return of Star Wars turns me into a strange person, haha.
This is the collection - only some boxes cracked, but all items are mint.

Reaction score
So, 26 more are on its way, filling 7 of my gaps, leaving 17. However, I am starting to have duplicates now. Just mentioning it as there was interest here, although I am not sure if shipping these overseas still makes sense. I paid around 6 bucks for each now which still seamed ok, all mint in box. Let me know...

Reaction score
Cool! What an impressive haul! :D

By all means, if you have duplicates, please let us know what they are. Speaking for myself, I could be in the market for one or two, depending on which ones they were. maybe someone else will be too?

Reaction score
Cool! What an impressive haul! :D

By all means, if you have duplicates, please let us know what they are. Speaking for myself, I could be in the market for one or two, depending on which ones they were. maybe someone else will be too?
I'll let you guys know once I have gathered everything. I could probably resell them on ebay in Europe, but maybe we can do something "good" and ship them overseas. However, if shipping still justifies that move, I would rather like to ship them as a batch and not to individual distribution. Maybe someone here can then forward them within the US.

As said, I'll be back here once I sort everything out.

Reaction score
Is there anything like a "street price" per model in the US? Another possibility rose up here, where I could buy the whole set of 80 vehicles for around 5-6 € each... Not sure if I just grab that and sell the (many) doubles then, or if I continue filling the gaps step by step...

Reaction score
€5-€6 is a great price per piece. That's what I paid for them individually with the magazines. Of course there are some people who ask €800 for the complete collection, which is absolutely ridiculous, so it's hard to tell what the general value of these are.
I couldn't get my hands on any of the later PT vehicles (beyond issue #36) yet, so in case you are OT-only, let me know. I'm still looking for something between 5 or 10 of them.

Reaction score
The lack of post editing feature bugs me to no end sometimes.

Still trying to track these beauties down:

So, I'm down to 4 missing ships, with 50 doubles so far. This line is amazing. Only few disappointments, but loads of great stuff delivered here. Hope to finish in January.

From your 12 missing ships, I could offer #44, #48 & #53 as doubles as of now. Are you based in Vienna? I can ship there for cheap...

Reaction score
Let me check the loft. I'm not home for a couple of days, so I won't be able to get back to you until next week.

Reaction score
I think my question got buried.....

Are any of the DeAgostini figurines particularly hard to find? (not the chess pieces) 'cause if I'm going to go by the eBay search I just did, I would assume "most of them". Thanks!

Reaction score
I think my question got buried.....

Are any of the DeAgostini figurines particularly hard to find? (not the chess pieces) 'cause if I'm going to go by the eBay search I just did, I would assume "most of them". Thanks!
Buying them bulk makes sense, as the single pieces all tend to be rather expensive. Sellers have success as people trying to fill their gaps are willing to pay 10 or 15+ € / USD per piece.

However, buying lots with 30+ pieces reduces the per piece price to 2-7€.

Only some items seem to be a bit more rare, such as models 70-80.

I myself find the Executor surprisingly hard to find.

Reaction score
Buying them bulk makes sense, as the single pieces all tend to be rather expensive. Sellers have success as people trying to fill their gaps are willing to pay 10 or 15+ € / USD per piece.

However, buying lots with 30+ pieces reduces the per piece price to 2-7€.

Only some items seem to be a bit more rare, such as models 70-80.

I myself find the Executor surprisingly hard to find.
oh no, I meant these not the vehicles

Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection - Wookieepedia - Wikia

Reaction score
Reaction score
I had that feeling..... but at least I know what I'm up against. many thanks!

Reaction score
Wow, it's been eons since the SW Figurine Collection came up as a topic of discussion. :eek:

Here's what purports to be a pic of all 60 issues from an eBay auction:

And a closeup of the ships:

I never did get around to picking up any of the ships from that line, they're a fair bit smaller than DA's Starships and Vehicles versions, iirc. Anybody get any of 'em?

Reaction score
I'd say closer to Titanium scale. They are a lot heavier though and I don't think the paint jobs are as good

Reaction score
So, to give you an update on my DeAgostini adventure:
I bought 3 bigger collections:
56 for 120 € (my initial haul)
28 for 100 €
41 for 110 €
= 330 €
That left me with 70 of 82 items
I then bought 7 more from a cheap seller on Ebay = 50-60 €
= 390 €, with 5 more missing
To complete my task, I referred to some of those rather expensive sellers, selling items for around 10-20 € each. To fill the gaps, this seemed to be the best solution.
= 4 more for around 65 €
= appr. 450 € with ONE ship missing (the Executor)

However, I have over 50 doubles. I already sold 10 for 50 € and hope to make at least 175 € with the remaining doubles. That would put me around 200-225 € for (ALMOST) the whole set (all mint, but not all complete with magazine), making this a nice and cheaper than expected collection, and it only took me 4 weeks and a decent effort of trading.

Reaction score
So... after really digging their Spaceship-line (see above... that Executor star destroyer is still missing), I stumbled over the DeAgostini chess set they made a few years ago. 2x 32 figures (1 set OT, 1 set PT) with a huge, massive chess board. I saw a few figures live at the comic con and again, I was quite surprised with the quality.

To make a long story short: while some sellers ask for 400-800 € for the full set, I was able to snatch 64 figures + board, all mint in box for 200 € plus shipping. I could not resist, and I am again happy with DeAgostinis quality. I really need to work on my display now...

Reaction score
Does anyone have a DeAgostini Skyhopper and a sixth scale figure to put side by side? Trying to see if the size is accurate enough for the scene in ANH where Luke is playing with his model T-16.

Reaction score
So, to give you an update on my DeAgostini adventure:
I bought 3 bigger collections:
56 for 120 € (my initial haul)
28 for 100 €
41 for 110 €
= 330 €
That left me with 70 of 82 items
I then bought 7 more from a cheap seller on Ebay = 50-60 €
= 390 €, with 5 more missing
To complete my task, I referred to some of those rather expensive sellers, selling items for around 10-20 € each. To fill the gaps, this seemed to be the best solution.
= 4 more for around 65 €
= appr. 450 € with ONE ship missing (the Executor)

However, I have over 50 doubles. I already sold 10 for 50 € and hope to make at least 175 € with the remaining doubles. That would put me around 200-225 € for (ALMOST) the whole set (all mint, but not all complete with magazine), making this a nice and cheaper than expected collection, and it only took me 4 weeks and a decent effort of trading.
Complete!

I sold all doubles and was able to snatch the last missing ship (Executor) from Ebay at 14 € incl. shipping. :) As the last ones were a bit expensive and as I did get a little less for selling my doubles, I finished at around 240-250 € for all 82 ships. All in good condition, many with magazine. I am quite satisfied.

Next up: think of a way how to present all my Star Wars stuff...