DeAgostini diecast ships & vehicles

Reaction score
My UT-AT and Recusant arrived from TFAW today in good nick... and they sneaked under the customs radar so I was very pleased. The UT-AT is a stunner, ain't she.

Most annoyingly, the Hardcell I ordered from Belfast (N. Ireland) never turned up, and the seller (Disposable Heroes) is dreadful and should be avoided.
After no response for weeks, I dumped it into the eBay Resolution Centre and got this response a few days later:
"ill chase this up, was deffo sent airmail"
Yeah, right, whatever. Looks like I'll "deffo" have to get one from somewhere else after I "deffo" get my cash back.

FYI: TFAW has the Hardcell back in stock. Whew!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok...I'll try this again. Can anyone PLEASE offer a source where I can buy the DA Wookiee Catamaran and Sebulba's Podracer? Preferably someone from the UK. Apparently there are no online sellers in the US who is going to be carrying these two. If DA didn't botch up the frickin' numbering, this might have been easier to find. I would appreciate any help!!

Reaction score
PM sent, Boss.

Finally got my copy of the stunning Hardcell today, woo hoo!. Here it is "in flight" on a TS stand. I modified the landing gear so that they're not fully deployed anymore.

Reaction score
Very nice DD! Glad they came in under the radar as well.

Bosski - can't help mate, have no idea. Wouldn't mind getting a catamaran myself but certainly haven't been looking at the podracers.

EDIT: forgot to mention - victory is mine! Received an email from TFAW today telling me that they'd received the email from the BBB, and that they apologised for the problems. They've now offered me a full shipping refund, but I told them I'm really only interested in getting a refund of the difference between what I did pay, and what I should have paid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice DD! Glad they came in under the radar as well.

Bosski - can't help mate, have no idea. Wouldn't mind getting a catamaran myself but certainly haven't been looking at the podracers.

EDIT: forgot to mention - victory is mine! Received an email from TFAW today telling me that they'd received the email from the BBB, and that they apologised for the problems. They've now offered me a full shipping refund, but I told them I'm really only interested in getting a refund of the difference between what I did pay, and what I should have paid.
Congratulations on your noble victory, DW! Boo-yah! I am not surprised that they did the right thing in the end, they're generally a good bunch at TFAW.
Nice that you got all your stuff at hyper-speed, but it sucks that you had weeks of hassle with them and the BBB po-lice.
Personally, I'd let TFAW eat the shipping cost, after all that aggro. They ain't a Mom-and-Pop operation and can afford to be flogged a wee bit.
All the same, good on ya, Darth Dogged Determination Windu.

PM sent, Bosski

Reaction score
Well I received another email from them, and they're insisting on refunding the whole shipping cost. *shrug* I did give them the option, so all good. Makes the items even cheaper too, which I won't complain about :)

Reaction score
My Catamaran arrived a few weeks ago. I took some time deciding how to mount this one. It was definitely the most difficult of all the DAs to decide how to mount. The original mounting has two support posts that connect to the Catamaran. I disconnected both of those from the ship only to find two screws that come out of the ship. They are mounted under the seat section so the only way to get them out is to remove the seats. I attempted to do this a few times but the ship is too fragile for very much pressure. Finally I decided not to destroy the ship and just left the two screws hanging. I wish I could have removed them but at least they are not too noticeable. Other than that I am pleased with the final result. Usually when I mount DAs on TS stands the stands are removable, this one I had to permanently mount. Anyway, here are some pictures:

More comparisons:

The Catamaran in its place on my shelf:

Reaction score
Hey Bossk:

Don't know about any retailers in the UK, but you can get Sebulba's Podracer from the BigBadToyStore here in the USA. They've still got it listed as in stock (just checked).

Don't have a clue on the catamaran, though.

Reaction score
Hey Bossk:

Don't know about any retailers in the UK, but you can get Sebulba's Podracer from the BigBadToyStore here in the USA. They've still got it listed as in stock (just checked).

Don't have a clue on the catamaran, though.
Thanks for checking on this. I was able to secure the last ones I needed from TFAW. One collection to check off the list!

Reaction score
Ok, glad you got the rest of them.

Where'd you snag that catamaran, if you don't mind me asking? It's the only one I don't have, and I've been having a hell of a time trying to track one down.

Reaction score
Briar, it's a bit complicated, actually. In a (large) nutshell, an English forum friend offered to help me out and he sent 2 catamarans to me at cost as a tremendous favour. The American friend (whom I originally bought the second one for) was able to score another one on eBay, so I offered my spare to Bosski at cost. He put the call out in this thread at precisely the right moment. At full UK cover price and with all the international relay shipping they weren't cheap, but I was very thankful to get one.
If I see another anywhere, I'll PM you. Weird that TFAW would get Sebulba's pod but not the catamaran.

Reaction score
The final 3 in this series are on their way to me...will miss collecting this series. It has taken up almost 3 and a half years of my life but I have enjoyed it and I'm pleased to have every issue.

Reaction score
Nice, Jedimoo. Did you have a subscription or did you have to hunt them down in the wild?
I missed a few intentionally but I'm itching to grab them anyway, despite the fact that I really don't need them.
After years of collecting Titanium and DA, I'm really jones-ing for a new SW mini line, too. :wtf:

BTW, which Victoria are you in? B.C.? Oz? H.K.? South Africa? :)

Reaction score
Got the last 2 DA's I wanted in the mail today. First up was the Hardcell transport, which wasn't originally on my "wanted" list, but it's very nice. Second was the Catamaran. It looks great, but it was a real pain trying to remove it from the stand. I finally removed all of the screws, but I'm still trying to figure out a way to mount it to a TS display stand. I also finished the DA scale lists for those vehicles I own.

Not that I need it, but does anyone know where I can get the AT-PT?

Reaction score
Nice, Jedimoo. Did you have a subscription or did you have to hunt them down in the wild?
I missed a few intentionally but I'm itching to grab them anyway, despite the fact that I really don't need them.
After years of collecting Titanium and DA, I'm really jones-ing for a new SW mini line, too. :wtf:

BTW, which Victoria are you in? B.C.? Oz? H.K.? South Africa? :)

Hiya DD! I had a subscription. It would have been a nightmare to try and locate them. I'm down under in Oz mate.

Reaction score
Picked up the UT-AT at a comic shop today - they only had one DeAgo...thought that was an odd find. It was only $10, so I snagged it. I want to de-base it, but I am concerned with how fragile it is - any of the guns look like they could snap right off. Any suggestions?

I hope to find more...I'd like that Techno Union Hardcell...

Reaction score
Yes, most of the DAs can break easily. The seem to use a very brittle metal with most of their stuff. Superglue is the best fix...other than leaving them in the display case. In fact, the UT-AT might be the most fragile looking one I have.

Reaction score
Yes the guns are VERY fragile, but I debased (in the non-****** sort of way) my UT-AT wit no problems at all, you just have ot be careful. The only one I've damaged was my STAP, yet all of my deags have been removed from their case and base.

Reaction score
Anyone here from the UK subscribe to the NEW DeAgostini Star Wars Fact File? I'm extremely bummed subscriptions are not open to the US again!! They don't even allow digital subscriptions, which is stupid because they could make so much more money and not have to mail out a product!

Reaction score
No I don't Bosski. I picked up the first issue to get the updated galactic chart but I won't be getting any more. I think it's the third time they've released it here

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I saw at least one retailer--BBTS--has released new preorders for the line. If anyone missed them the first time around it looks like you are in luck as they are either a)being rereleased to capitalize on the new movie and perhaps the success of the Eaglemoss ST line, or b)someone found a warehouse stock somewhere. I thought some of you might still be interested or in the market.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I saw at least one retailer--BBTS--has released new preorders for the line. If anyone missed them the first time around it looks like you are in luck as they are either a)being rereleased to capitalize on the new movie and perhaps the success of the Eaglemoss ST line, or b)someone found a warehouse stock somewhere. I thought some of you might still be interested or in the market.
I'm really hoping the New Film Series (including the spinoffs) will lead to a new series of DeAgostii Ships (although my wallet is dreading the idea). Kind Regards Dave

Reaction score
I'm really hoping the New Film Series (including the spinoffs) will lead to a new series of DeAgostii Ships (although my wallet is dreading the idea). Kind Regards Dave
I saw the BBTS "pre-order" as well. At first I thought they were continuing the line with all new ships! But then I noticed they are the same ships we all have already. Are they newly-produced reprints or a warehouse find?

Reaction score
DeAgostini DieCast Collection - question

I am not sure in which forum this would be correct, so I am sorry to start just here...

Coming from Micro Machines and Disneys DieCast, and due the high price of the Black Series Titaniums over here in Europe, I came across DeAgostinis magazine-collections. They released various SW-themes, from "build your Millenium Falcon" over a chess set, figure collection and more. I am particularly asking about the DieCast series for spaceships, e.g. here

My questions: are these unique molds to this series? The pieces look really nice and detailed. Or are those "old" Titanium molds?

They are available used on the collectors market, and quite expensive. Still, this series is tempting...

And is anyone collecting their recent "helmets" series? 60 will be released, which will cost you quite a bit with 10 bucks of each issue...

Reaction score
I think the molds are unique. I started collecting these about a year ago. They are real nice pieces and come with a magazine. I am collecting the figure line and the vehicle collection. I had not heard about a helmet series.

Reaction score
I think the molds are unique. I started collecting these about a year ago. They are real nice pieces and come with a magazine. I am collecting the figure line and the vehicle collection. I had not heard about a helmet series.
Thanks, and sorry mods! I oversaw the comparism thread which is even sticky on the front page - and I was not able to find this "old" thread via search. Everything is clear now after I read a lot in both threads.

Reaction score
I was always under the impression that Attakus did the molding and casting of the DeAgostini figures. Can't verify it though.

Reaction score
I saw this series on the German ComicCon "live" for the first time this weekend - and I was really impressed with the colours and moldings. I am tempted to start collecting yet another series, but I am afraid this one with 80 models will be quite costly to complete, right?

Reaction score
I saw this series on the German ComicCon "live" for the first time this weekend - and I was really impressed with the colours and moldings. I am tempted to start collecting yet another series, but I am afraid this one with 80 models will be quite costly to complete, right?
So, 2 hours after posting this I came across the chance to buy 56 out of 80 ships for 2 € / 2,50 USD each. All in their box with background, but without the magazines. Without being able to check with you guys, I spontaneously decided to buy the lot. Was that price ok? I have no detailed overview over which ships are included yet. That will be kind of a surprise.

Now I am in yet another line to fill gaps. Micro Machines, Elite Series, Disney Die Cast vehicles, and now this - after decades of resisting to buy SW toys, this year completely ruined me. I think I need to sell videogames of my collection (C O N S O L L E C T I O N) soon if this worsens.