DeAgostini 'Build The Millennium Falcon'

Reaction score
Now that the DeAgostini is finished, has it diminished people's desire for the MR Falcon at all?

Reaction score
Now that the DeAgostini is finished, has it diminished people's desire for the MR Falcon at all?
I never wanted it and learning of its inaccuracies while building the Deago version I would never buy the MR Falcon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is the deago significantly more accurate than the MR?
No as its a copy of the MR version, but, a big but you can make it accurate. That's what Im doing. The MR is very nice for a finished model. In fact it's really nice. The Deago requires a lot of work to make it better than the MR.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hasn't diminished my desire for mine and I'm looking at it right now. One of the best purchases I ever made. That said I think any well finished studio scale model of the Falcon is likely to have that wow factor because it'll always involve having a massive model of a cool spaceship.

Reaction score
I'm a Falcon obsessive, so I've had the MR Falcon since it was released. I've also bought the DeAgo kit and have it boxed up for when my son is old enough to build it with me. I do believe that any model you build yourself vs buying complete from the shelf is going to be more accurate and "better", simply by virtue of the time and care you give to building something yourself. That said, I'd never choose one over the other. I'll be building the DeAgo kit to replicate the TFA Falcon in the junkyard on Jakku, dirty tarp and all. I think that would complement the MR nicely. I've got my BMF Legacy Falcon on display too. Last one will be the UCS Falcon (when I can get my hands on one). My office is Falcon-crazy!

Reaction score
As a Falcon fan myself, I'd love to see some photos of your Falcon collection, GroundsKeeperwillie.

Reaction score
Guys, this Falcon just got released in my home country, so two questions for the experts:

1) What material is it made from? Is it a beautiful and sturdy build?
2) Does this thing have interiors?
1) It's a combination of a pot metal frame with plastic panels.
2) Yes it does have interiors, but they aren't very accurate at all and seem like an afterthought before they released it and gave the design team a week to come up with an interior for it. There's ALOT of upgraded parts on Shapeways that will allow you to make your interior alot more accurate to the movies!

Reaction score
Is the deago significantly more accurate than the MR?
Well seeing as they used the MR Falcon as a template and then used Steve Dymszo's scans to identify a bunch of parts that fell off the original, it's got alot of parts that the MR doesn't have (eg: The laser cannon plate that fell off the original model). There are a bunch of little parts that DeAgo is also going to send to all subscribers (eventually I hope) that should have been included with the kit. But personally, depending on your kit building experience, yes, the DeAgo is more accurate (partswise) to the original prop then the MR. But you will have to paint it to get it to look proper.

Reaction score
Hello, just joined this forum. I am temporarily in Hong Kong and bought a couple of WWII 1:72 fighter models made by DeAgostino and while researching these models online found the MF model they make then this thread. Just wanted everyone to know the US DA website is offering a Christmas sale for the Falcon and the full kit is $1,199.99 (20% discount off the normal $1,499 price) and shipping is only $1. SO although I have only reached page 41 in this thread and don't know how the story ends as far as the opinion for this kit, I think it looks good enough that I just ordered it! The sale ends on the 27th so last chance to pick it up at a good price.