DeAgostini / Altaya is back with a new ships & vehicles subscriber line (so far, only in France)

Reaction score
Such a pity this line only gets such a limited release. I mean, I am living a few hours from France and Spain, and I have NO chance of getting them with affordable effort and cost, left alone a possible release in Germany. Makes me sad, as I promoted their old DieCast line whereever I could.
Yeah, it really is a shame as these look great. The Helmet collection was available here just a few years ago, hopefully this gets released elsewhere too but I have no idea why that isn't something they did already.

Reaction score
Quick comment regarding the Slave I / Boba Fett's starship: it's actually one of the few (maybe the only one?) representation where the (normally hidden) ion cannons on each side are visible !
I wondered for quite a while what the 2 greebles on the sides were, until I cross-checked other references and found out about those. I don't know what prompted the choice, but it's a nice take.

Reaction score
That's great, thank you! But just for you to know, they're being sold here in Spain as well, not just in France ;)

Reaction score
That's great, thank you! But just for you to know, they're being sold here in Spain as well, not just in France ;)

Oh that's cool. Hopefully more stores will pick them up. Can you get a subscription in Spain, or are they just reselling them inidividually?

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's both, UnR. Some of those caps I posted earlier are from Spanish sources and there's a subscriber site, too. From Youtube vids, I think our Spanish amigos are slightly ahead of France, actually.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, if Spain gets them, maybe they can export them to other countries. I know a lot of people would love to get their hands on these guys.

Reaction score
@Unreality : awesome pics !

Both websites (Spanish and French) include the same kind of advertisement, promotions and prices, so I'm inclined to think that the Spanish subscription is exactly the same as the French one. The only difference appears to be Luke's Landspeeder, which is offered to French subscriber who choose the automatic payment, and is not advertised on the Spanish site. I'm not sure for Rey's Speeder, which was a bonus for early subscribers that has since disappeared from the Fr site, and is not mentioned on the Spanish site either.

Both sites are listing issues up to #12, with promo shots including more ships. Subscribers are a little early, as issue #12 has been delivered but is only scheduled at retail or January 19, 2022.

Reaction score
Oh that's cool. Hopefully more stores will pick them up. Can you get a subscription in Spain, or are they just reselling them inidividually?
Right now you can only buy them by subscribing to the entire collection, there were suposed to be sold independently but it seems that there's been a delay of some kind. Some reports say that in January the will be in the book stores where you can buy collectives

Reaction score
I broke and ended up setting up a French post office box & subscribing to the set (I live in Canada). I've got the first 5 so far! Not cheap, but definitely more cost effective than picking them up one-by-one off of Ebay...
I was a huge fan of the old DeAgostini Star Wars line, as variable as the quality was, and it's very satisfying to get what is effectively a reboot of that line. I love that you can remove the ships from their bases, I love the size of the models, and even though there are issues with ill-fitting parts on some models, I love the overall level of detail.

Reaction score
Issues #13 & 14 have started reaching subscribers (this is shipment #6 in France).

#13 is Jabba's Sail Barge the Khetanna, and #14 is the Y-Wing fighter (OT version).

The Y-Wing is particularly well detailed (even the R5 droid has painted panels on the head), and seems very close to the exact proportions. The Khetanna is quite nice, but the bridge cannon is a bit off scale (too large).

And the updated list:
60 issues + 4 bonuses:
Bonus #1 Luke's Landspeeder (if automatic payment is chosen, with shipment 13)
Bonus #2 Rey's Speeder (subscription before Aug. 19 --> now before Aug. 31)
Bonus #3 Death Star II (with shipment 14)
Bonus #4 Starkiller Base (with shipment 21)
#1 Millennium Falcon
#2 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
#3 X-Wing Black One
#4 Imperial Star Destroyer
#5 AT-AT
#6 Imperial Shuttle
#7 Death Star
#8 Boba Fett's Starfighter (the Slave One name has been dropped)
#9 Razor Crest
#10 Snowspeeder
#11 AT-ST
#12 A-Wing
#13 Khetanna
#14 Y-Wing

#xx AT-TE
#xx Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
#xx Naboo Fighter
#xx X-Wing

Reaction score
It looks like these might have hit Japan too. I saw a photo today on Instagram, but typically I can’t find it now.

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has done this but I've contacted Deagostini UK to ask what their plans are. I shall hold my breath

and Happy New Year everyone !

Reaction score
Thanks Boris, you too.

The trouble with collections like this is that i'm past collecting them all and will only want a certain few.

Reaction score
The new shipment started reaching subscribers. It includes:
- Issue #15 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (ca. 15cm long)
- Issue #16 Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Starfighter (ca. 13cm long)

Both are very well detailed and painted. The X-Wing in particular benefits from a nice painting, with a wash that highlights the sculpt. However, the collection being set on a size rather than on a scale, displaying both Anakin's and Luke's fighters together is a bit weird, as R2, the common element between both, greatly varies in size. It's not a problem in itself, as Star Wars has a wide range of ships sizes, but I've always hoped to see a line where similar ships (i.e. fighters, ground vehicles, cruisers) would be in a given scale.
All in all, great shipment, these 2 are nicely done.
No info yet on the next ships, the First Order Elite TIE Fighter, Naboo fighter, Tantive IV and AT-TE have been advertised so these may be in the next shipments, but the rest of the line is so far a mystery.

And the updated list:
60 issues + 4 bonuses:
Bonus #1 Luke's Landspeeder (if automatic payment is chosen, with shipment 13)
Bonus #2 Rey's Speeder (subscription before Aug. 19 --> now before Aug. 31)
Bonus #3 Death Star II (with shipment 14)
Bonus #4 Starkiller Base (with shipment 21)
#1 Millennium Falcon
#2 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
#3 X-Wing Black One
#4 Imperial Star Destroyer
#5 AT-AT
#6 Imperial Shuttle
#7 Death Star
#8 Boba Fett's Starfighter (the Slave One name has been dropped)
#9 Razor Crest
#10 Snowspeeder
#11 AT-ST
#12 A-Wing
#13 Khetanna
#14 Y-Wing
#15 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
#16 Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Starfighter

#xx First Order TIE Fighter
#xx Tantive IV
#xx AT-TE
#xx Naboo Fighter

As for my guesses (in bold the confirmed/released ships):
Almost certain
OT: Tantive IV, X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Imperial Shuttle Tydirium, Speeder Bike (Endor), Jawa Sandcrawler, AT-ST.
PT: Naboo Fighter, Jedi Starfighter (AotC), Jedi Starfighter (Anakin's), ARC-170, Naboo Royal Starship, Sith Infiltrator, Republic Gunship, AAT,
ST: FO Elite TIE Figther, FO Star Destroyer,
Others: U-Wing, Imperial Cargo Shuttle,

High probability
OT: Executor, Mon Cal Cruiser (Liberty), Rebel Transport, Nebulon-B,
PT: Droid Fighter, Acclamator, Maul's Speeder, Anakin's Podracer, Sebulba's Podracer,
ST: Resistance Bomber, Kylo Ren's Shuttle, TIE Silencer,
Others: TIE Striker, Imperial Hovertank,

Medium probability
OT: Mon Cal Cruiser (Home One), Cloud Car, Imperial Landing Craft, Escape Pod, T-16 Skyhopper,
PT: Jedi Starfighter (Obi-Wan's), Droid Tri-Fighter, Venator, Invisible Hand, Droid Control Ship, MTT, Zam Wesell's Speeder, Anakin's stolen speeder (AotC)
ST: FO TIE Figther, The Supremacy, Night Buzzard, Resistance transport,...
Others: AT-ACT, Profundity, Patrol speeder from Solo,

Would certainly surprise me !
OT: Lars' Family landspeeder, Swoop Bike (ANH '97), Bespin Cloud City, X-Wing (Red Leader, Red II, Red III or Blue Leader),
PT: Jedi Starfighter (RotS model, any other Jedi or Darth Vader), Jango's Slave One (not sure they would double dip on a variant), Padmé's yacht (AotC), Naboo Senatorial ship (AotC), any other podracer, Republic Turbo Tank, Wookie Flyer, Lars' Swoop bike (AotC), Dooku's bike, Geonosian Starfighter, Droid Assault Tank (RotS), AT-AP, Anakin's ship from TCW, V-Wing, Y-Wing (TCW), Malevolence, Mandalorian Fighter,...
ST: Resistance X-Wing, First Order Dreadnought, Canto Bight Police Speeder, Crait's Speeder, The Raddus,
Others: Fireball (Resistance show), Colossus (Resistance), Hammerhead corvette (Rebels or Rogue One), Ghost, Phantom, TIE Defender, Imperial Troop Transport (Mandalorian), Imperial Light Cruiser (Mandalorian), TIE Brute, Republic Tank, AT-DP, Falcon (Solo),...

Those I missed:
OT:
PT: AT-TE,
ST:
Others:

Reaction score
Congratulations on the latest pick ups.

Unfortunately for me I think I have been in the game too long. I see that release list, and your speculation list, and I see I have almost everything in it at some scale. That leads me to the "meh" feeling I get more and more with these lines.

Better paint and detailing are nice, but they don't move the needle for me anymore.

Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, it is still great to see a ships line getting love though.