DeAgostini / Altaya is back with a new ships & vehicles subscriber line (so far, only in France)

Reaction score
Just a clarification: the book Rodders is mentionning is part of a separate collection from Altaya, which is the Encyclopédie Star Wars, with 80 issues.

It is not the leaflet included with the Ships & Vehicles collection. It is however a very nice collection, a printed Wookieepedia !

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. I got somehow confused along the way in this thread.

Reaction score
Hi Darkmatt. The top corner says "Vasseaux et Vehicules", hence the confusion.

Reaction score
I think it's the lack of news that has slowed the thread down. Since the collection is only starting by August, and that most of us already speculated on the possible ships, now the waiting game has started !

Reaction score
Yeah, we had the honeymoon phase of discovering a new collectible line. Now we gotta pay the bills and wait for them to start releasing.

Reaction score
Turns out the collection may come out faster than I thought, as the first issue is expected anytime soon !

The French SW collectors' website MintInBox received the first two issues (Falcon and Advanced TIE) and reviewed them: MintInBox.net
The ships are well detailed, although the joint between the various parts tends to be more or less visible depending on the ship's design (it's not so visible on the Falcon, but it is on the TIE).

I'll keep you posted when these hit retail.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting.

The Falcon looks nice and the magazine looks great. Looking forward to more editions being reviewed and I've bookmarked their site.

Reaction score
I got a reply from DeAgostini Germany, and it's bad news: other than the usual "we can't say right now" they stated that the demand for such a line is not high enough to justify a release in Germany (and possibly other parts of Europe). I would not take this as a final "not gonna happen", but it's a huge bummer, as I was really looking forward to this line. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got a reply from DeAgostini Germany, and it's bad news: other than the usual "we can't say right now" they stated that the demand for such a line is not high enough to justify a release in Germany (and possibly other parts of Europe). I would not take this as a final "not gonna happen", but it's a huge bummer, as I was really looking forward to this line. :(

:(

Reaction score
In bold the ships/vehicles that have been shown with the update of the Altaya website:

Those announced from the start:
60 issues + 4 bonuses:
Bonus #1 Luke's Landspeeder
Bonus #2 Rey's Speeder
Bonus #3 Death Star II
Bonus #4 Starkiller Base
#1 Millennium Falcon
#2 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
#3 X-Wing Black One
#4 Imperial Star Destroyer

#5 ???
#6 ???
#7 ???
#8 Boba Fett's Slave One
Razor Crest
AT-AT
Snowspeeder
Khetanna

My guesses:
Almost certain
OT: Tantive IV, X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Imperial Shuttle Tydirium, Speeder Bike (Endor), Jawa Sandcrawler, AT-ST.
PT: Naboo Fighter, Jedi Starfighter (AotC), Jedi Starfighter (Anakin's), ARC-170, Naboo Royal Starship, Sith Infiltrator, Republic Gunship, AAT,
ST: FO Elite TIE Figther, FO Star Destroyer,
Others: U-Wing, Imperial Cargo Shuttle,

High probability
OT: Executor, Mon Cal Cruiser (Liberty), Rebel Transport, Nebulon-B,
PT: Droid Fighter, Acclamator, Maul's Speeder, Anakin's Podracer, Sebulba's Podracer,
ST: Resistance Bomber, Kylo Ren's Shuttle, TIE Silencer,
Others: TIE Striker, Imperial Hovertank,

Medium probability
OT: Mon Cal Cruiser (Home One), Cloud Car, Imperial Landing Craft, Escape Pod, T-16 Skyhopper,
PT: Jedi Starfighter (Obi-Wan's), Droid Tri-Fighter, Venator, Invisible Hand, Droid Control Ship, MTT, Zam Wesell's Speeder, Anakin's stolen speeder (AotC)
ST: FO TIE Figther, The Supremacy, Night Buzzard, Resistance transport,...
Others: AT-ACT, Profundity, Patrol speeder from Solo,

Would certainly surprise me !
OT: Lars' Family landspeeder, Swoop Bike (ANH '97), Bespin Cloud City, X-Wing (Red Leader, Red II, Red III or Blue Leader),
PT: Jedi Starfighter (RotS model, any other Jedi or Darth Vader), Jango's Slave One (not sure they would double dip on a variant), Padmé's yacht (AotC), Naboo Senatorial ship (AotC), any other podracer, Republic Turbo Tank, Wookie Flyer, Lars' Swoop bike (AotC), Dooku's bike, Geonosian Starfighter, Droid Assault Tank (RotS), AT-AP, Anakin's ship from TCW, V-Wing, Y-Wing (TCW), Malevolence, Mandalorian Fighter,...
ST: Resistance X-Wing, First Order Dreadnought, Canto Bight Police Speeder, Crait's Speeder, The Raddus,
Others: Fireball (Resistance show), Colossus (Resistance), Hammerhead corvette (Rebels or Rogue One), Ghost, Phantom, TIE Defender, Imperial Troop Transport (Mandalorian), Imperial Light Cruiser (Mandalorian), TIE Brute, Republic Tank, AT-DP, Falcon (Solo),...

So far, I'm quite good, except for the AT-TE that I completely forgot when I prepared the list above !

Reaction score
That's a shame. Nice looking models, but I have multiples of each one in that pic (from various lines).

I understand the need for the big names to draw people in, but outside of Starkiller base I don't see anything, yet, that is a must have.

Of course it doesn't really matter as I could only get any of these through resellers since I'm in Canada. Hopefully we see some never done ships down the line.

Reaction score
Issues #3 (Poe Dameron's Black One X-Wing) and #4 (Star Destroyer) have been shipped to subscribers.

The X-Wing is very close in size (15cm) to the Action Fleet one, with much better proportions (despite all the love I have for the AF line, the proportions are quite off), but smaller than the recent Disney ship that was available with a Poe figure (AF in idea).

The Star Destroyer is obviously the one with the smallest scale, as it is close in size (15cm) to other ships in the Altaya line. It is about a 1/4 smaller than the FFG Armada Star Destroyer (which is 20cm long). The details and various structures on the hull are quite different between both minis (the FFG one displays more flat panels).

There has apparently been a production problem with issue #5 which will be delayed (not sure yet which ship it's going to be).

Reaction score
Wow, they aren't waiting around. Excellent! I am looking forward to when the DS2 and Starkiller Base become available. I realise they are likely to be difficult (expensive) to obtain for non-subscribers, but they're definitely the most interesting things in the line for me! Hope I can successfully land one of each.

Reaction score
It's cool to see Starkiller Base realized as a collectible, but the pricepoint on the secondary market will likely turn me off to this revival of sorts for DeAgo. I have a few from the original run, and there is a couple more I'd like to own, but importing them with the current postal fees isn't nearly as reasonable as it once was (not unlike the heavily inflated US shipping as well). I will be curious to see some reviews, but I'm doubtful about dipping into the assortment.

Reaction score
I really loved the DeAgostini helmets collection, and I wanted to buy a few obscure characters to complement my other mini helmets collection, but I'm not willing to spend the aftermarket prices on those. Plus the shipping to the US is incredibly high. So I'm living without them and collecting JPG image galleries for reference. I'll probably do the same thing with this new vehicles collection. It's to expensive to be a completist anymore.

Reaction score
Just play the waiting game :) these will likely show up on Ebay in time. Some of the original deagostini were really hard to get, but showed up at decent prices with enough time, and seen them pop up more times, sometimes even cheaper than what I paid. So hopefully these will too.

Reaction score
There's a contest held by Altaya France in partnership with MintInBox to win a set of the first 2 ships from the line. While in itself that news is not groundbreaking, the goal of the contest is to recognize 4 different ships, which are Boba's Slave I, Rey's Speeder, the Interdictor and the Venator. That doesn't mean both cruisers will be part of the line, but who knows ?

Reaction score
And that's it, the 1st issue with the OT Falcon has just hit retail this week !

As always with these collection, the 1st one is accompanied by many promotional flyers to get you to subscribe, highlighting all the reasons to do so (free ships, bonus ships, bonus items) !
Fun trivia : they managed to misspell "Star Wars" on one occasion, writing "Stars Wars".

There also are some clues to the presence of ships that are yet unannounced, as they mention that, amongst the information you may learn from collecting the ships and booklets, you will learn such trivia as:
- "when Kylo Ren piloted his shuttle", thus hinting as his Epsilon Shuttle.
- "what ships Obi-Wan got to pilot", hinting at at least one type of Jedi Starfighter (most probably the AotC one).

Clone Wars and Rebels are confirmed as sources for the ships/vehicles, but there is no mention of Resistance anywhere, so Fireball and Colossus appear very unlikely to join the collection.

Reaction score
They're not going to be available to most countries around the world, so the party here to celebrate them will be small, yes?

Reaction score
The same could be said about a number of collections that are discussed here on the forums, with limited availability/distribution worldwide (as in outside of the USA or North America). That should not stop us from discussing these, and discovering what retails around the world. With any luck, there will be a couple ships/vehicles that have not yet made it to any collection, or not yet at the scale proposed here. And again, if any catches someone's eye, I'll make sure to help out at the best of my capacity.

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how this collection turns out. I've collected a couple of Star Wars part-works in the past and have enjoyed collecting them. DarkMatt has been kind enough to get me the OTY Millennium Falcon for my collection and i'll keep an eye out for others that i'll want to add to my collection. (I'd love the Ebon Hawk)

Reaction score
Two updates today:

1) Issues #5 (AT-AT) and #6 (Imperial Shuttle) have started reaching subscribers.
The AT-AT is ca. 12cm from the tip of the cannons to the back, and ca. 11cm in height (including the stand). The level of details appear quite nice, and the proportions are good !
As for the Imperial Shuttle, it's ca. 12cm in height (wings are deployed and do not appear to be movable), and 10cm in width. It's probably my favorite so far as it has great proportions compared to other lines (Hasbro, Action Fleet, MicroMachines, Lego) which had to compromise the size of the various elements to balance playability and size (so cockpit was usually oversized, while wings were regularly downsized in height and enlarged in thickness).

Subscribers also received 3 posters of McQuarrie paintings as gifts with that package. The size is 39cm x 28cm, and they depict the Trench Run, the Battle of Hoth and the explosion of Jabba's barge during the Battle of Carkoon. These are very nice, on good quality paper.

2) Altaya's website has been updated with the next issues:
60 issues + 4 bonuses:
Bonus #1 Luke's Landspeeder (if automatic payment is chosen, with shipment 13)
Bonus #2 Rey's Speeder (subscription before Aug. 19 --> now before Aug. 31)
Bonus #3 Death Star II (with shipment 14)
Bonus #4 Starkiller Base (with shipment 21)
#1 Millennium Falcon
#2 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
#3 X-Wing Black One
#4 Imperial Star Destroyer
#5 AT-AT
#6 Imperial Shuttle

#7 Death Star
#8 Boba Fett's Starfighter (the Slave One name has been dropped, as for the latest Lego set)
#9 Razor Crest
#10 Snowspeeder
#11 AT-ST
#12 A-Wing
#xx Khetanna
#xx Naboo Fighter
#xx X-Wing

Reaction score
A big thank you to Darkmatt for getting the Altaya Millennium Falcon for my collection. I haven't opened it because, you know, collection, but i like it enough to get second one for me to display.

The magazine that comes with the ships doesn't give us anything new, but it is pretty detailed and i enjoy that it if focused solely on the ship in question. Something else i really liked was that packaging has been designed with the collector in mind and is very shelf friendly.

A really good first impression and i'm hoping for other versions of the Falcon and looking forward to seeing more in the series overall.

Reaction score
I had Tantive IV, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter and FO TIE Fighter in my guesses, but I didn't have the Death Star. Still, I think I could run a line of starship models ! :)

The Lambda shuttle is quite frankly a success, the proportions are very nice.

I may grab a Razor Crest to put with my Action Fleet.

Reaction score
I'll never own any of these because of the demand and the high prices on eBay. Hopefully collectors will showcase nice, clear photos of each ship at all angles so I can at least get a JPG image collection of them.

Reaction score
I'll be opening mine when I get them in. I can't wait for the Razor and AT-AT. The Tantive IV looks really good too; turbolasers look spot on.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm getting more and more excited about getting these. That AT-AT pose is pretty cool, nice to see something different. I'm loving the Razor, but yeah it may need a little attention to glue those thrusters back in place.

ALSO, love the interior detail on the Snowspeeder and Slave I. That's unexpected. I thought the canopies would just be painted black.

Reaction score
New ships have started reaching subscribers:
#7 Death Star
#8 Boba Fett's Starfighter (the Slave One name has been dropped, as for the latest Lego set)
#9 Razor Crest
#10 Snowspeeder

The Razor Crest is really nice, and not all of them show the same defect as the one above.

Retail is at #3/4 so far.

Reaction score
Such a pity this line only gets such a limited release. I mean, I am living a few hours from France and Spain, and I have NO chance of getting them with affordable effort and cost, left alone a possible release in Germany. Makes me sad, as I promoted their old DieCast line whereever I could.

Reaction score
Issues #11 AT-ST and #12 A-Wing are currently shipping to subscribers. To be noted, the AT-ST is quite fragile. Similarly, small parts like cannons/antennas that stick out are prone to breaking. It thus may not look good for 2nd hand items on the long term. To their credit, Altaya's customer service appears quite reactive when replacements are needed.

The leaflets are really a mixed bag, some information is sharp, with sources from all over the current canon universe (including Clone Wars and up to the 2nd season of The Mandalorian), but then there are some obvious mistakes that make it appear it was written by an intern who never saw Star Wars... in one of the issues, it is mentioned that Darth Vader supervised the creation of the clone army by using Jango's DNA... I mean, Anakin was roughly 10 years old when the production of the clone army was started...

if anyone wants a specific issue (or more than one), don't hesitate to send a PM, we can always work that out (although international shipping costs may be a killer for a single mini).