DC, Marvel & other lines

Reaction score
Re: DC, Marvel & other lines

saw one of those at a k-mart in toledo on saturday....only figure from that wave there. probably 'cause he comes with the base.

Reaction score

DarthTim said:
Picked up a Superpowers (Green) Steppenwolf yesterday at K-Mart.
Actually, the Superpowers Steppenwolf is the red version. The green version is his classic comic inspired design.

Reaction score

Had a blast at the Toy Show yesterday! Not as many things that I had to buy this time. I picked up a Toybiz Marvel Legends Series 6 Juggernaut and a DCUC Wave 2 Harley Quinn. There were quite a few G.I. Joe dealers there and I managed to pick up a vintage Dreadnok Thundermachine, vintage Steeler and Thunder both complete so that my MOBAT and Slugger have drivers! No luck finding any DCUC Sinestros.
I only saw one DCUC Gentleman Ghost that was priced well over a $100. I'll wait to see if Mattel will choose to re-release him in the future before I drop that kind of money!

Reaction score

Just ordered a pair of gentleman ghosts from BBTS.com They have/had five left after I checked out so hurry if you still need one! Plus they were only $16.99. I also ordered the clayface/batman 2-pack for ~$12.

Not really toys, but yesterday I picked up the seasons 3&4 set of Transformers to complete that collection!

Reaction score

Picked up some DCUC wave 13 at the Whitehall Walmart. I grabbed a classic cheetah, blue beetle and superboy. The modern cheetah just looks weird! Thought about grabbing a Donna Troy, but the paint apps were horrible on the face! My box came from BBTS last night with my 2 Gentleman Ghosts and my Batman/Clayface 2-pack.

Reaction score

found a lone donna troi at a walmart, that's all they had. didn't even see any repacks.

Reaction score

Finally caved in and picked-up a DCUC Gotham City 5-pack mostly for the Lex Luthor. Might give Batman and Superman to my daughter since she loves to play with "Daddy's Toys!"

Reaction score

I might have my mom get one for just that reason. At least she can save me 10% since she works there...

Reaction score

I'm really digging the DC Retro-Action figures. Close enough to the old Mego line to make me go crazy. I'll probably be picking up most of this line.

Reaction score

exciter said:
I'm really digging the DC Retro-Action figures. Close enough to the old Mego line to make me go crazy. I'll probably be picking up most of this line.
If you haven't already, you should pick-up the Green Arrow from mattycollector.com before it is sold-out again.

I finally picked up a DCUC Desaad and a Mary Batson (red) mostly for the Darkseid torso since I broke my other one trying to get him together. No signs of the two packs at any walmart that I've been too lately. I don't know if that is a good sign or a bad sign!

Reaction score

In yesterday's mail I received a complete CnC Kalibak and two Giganta pieces to finally complete her too! No signs of the second half of DCUC wave 13 that I've seen. I did spot a couple 2-packs at walmart, but found it insulting that the Batman/Robin pack has the Bizarro/Superman 2-pack pictured on the back since Mattel said that it was shelved because walmart only wanted 2 two-packs this year.

Reaction score

Picked up a Power Charge Rhino from the Spiderman line this morning at a Kroger. Nice looking figure & well worth the wait.

Reaction score

Not much new out there, but I did manage to pick-up a MU Juggernaut at Kroger Marketplace.

I also had some great luck today as I was able to order MOTU Faker & Keldor as well as the DCUC wave 5 box set from matty!

Reaction score

Got my shipment from Matty of DCUC wave 5, MOTU Keldor & Faker. I was trying not to get sucked into the MOTU line, but I couldn't pass up Faker. He was one of my favorites as a kid!

Reaction score

I fell for ya Tim. They almost sucked me in w/ Trap Jaw. But I stayed strong. Until the two-packs came out. Bit I swear those will be the only MOTU stuff I get. Haven't come across a Whiplash from the IM2 line by chance have you? They've been hitting CVS stores & the Dayton area is dry as dirt...

Reaction score

Picked up a few DCUC from assorted stores and states. I picked up a Negative Man variant from K-Mart, Robotman from Walmart in Orlando while on vacation. Also, picked up Cyclotron, Forager and Power Girl this morning from walmart. Now all I need is to find a Beastboy and I can finish off Imperiex and Blue Devil to finish Trigon.

Reaction score

Toledo is dry on MU figures. Most stores are packed with first wave Ironman 2 figures. Checking out lima today. Was able to pick up a maverick figure from XMO W for 6 bucks in toledo along with new marvel legends two packs

Reaction score

Picked up a DCUC wave six Black Suit Superman at Whitehall Walmart this morning. I don't know where he was hiding, but I'm glad that I found him!

Reaction score

Went to Lima's Toys r us, wal-mart, and mejiers nothing more than some spider-man and ironman 2 wave one figues. Did however pick up Heroes toys at 3 dollars each and the Clash of the Titans figure for 5.

Reaction score

Picked up a DCUC wave 2 short-hair Aquaman, and a Robin with stand both MOC & only $12 each. Also, picked up a 25th Joe GHOST Hawk & Fang/Claw pack for $15 each. Now if I could only get my hands on some SDCC Sgt. Slaughters I would be a happy camper.

Reaction score

Me and you both, Tim. I was mega-disappointed that I couldn't get ANY of the SDCC exclusives this year. I naver had a problem until this year for some reason. Probably scalpers or low productivity were the cause. But still disappointed. Congrats on that Aquaman. He's a sweet one...

Reaction score

Picked up a MP Grimlock from TRU last night on my way home from work. Was on the fence with the $70 price tag, but after seeing it in person I was sold. It is an awesome version of one of my favorite childhood toys.

My SDCC Slaughters should be on their way to me soon. I went ahead and ordered a set and an extra USA version to open from BBTS. I still can't believe how bad Hasbro messed up most of their SDCC exclusives. Wait, I can believe how bad they messed up because I forgot that I should be used to it by now!!!

Reaction score

Picked up MU Iron Patriot and Mary Jane this morning at Reynoldsburg Walmart. Looks like they put out one case, but no Iron Patriot variants. Picked up an Iron Spiderman at TRU the other day.

Reaction score

Picked up the DC Infinite Heroes Parallax 3-pack last night at Marshalls for $5.99. Glad I didn't get one at the toy show for $25!

Reaction score

Just ordered the GL 5-pack from Walmart.com with free shipping site to store. Kind of anti-climactic without finding it in the store, but I am tired of waiting for any store to sell through their stock of the other 5-pack! Bring on wave 14, of wait Walmart would have to sell through their stock of pegwarmers for that to happen too!

Reaction score

Picked up a Deadpool/Warpath Marvel Legends 2-pack at Sawmill TRU. Looked like they got in one case of the regular versions. No variants and no more Deadpool packs.

Reaction score

Nice. I'm hoping to get the Hulk/Valkyrie set for sure. Love me some Hulk. Not sure I want the other two though...

Reaction score

Just picked up DCUC Wave 14 Zatanna, Kamandi and Alan Scott on my way to work today. The hunt continues for the other 4 as these were the only ones left on the pegs! Part of me would have liked to find the whole wave, but the rest of me is really happy to go out and hunt again!

Reaction score

Picked up DCUC Kid Flash & Blue Aquaman this morning from Target at $7.49 each. I figured that I would buy some pegwarmers in the hopes of getting some newer-older figures!

If anyone is still looking for the DCUC Green Lantern 5-pack, Walmart.com has it in-stock at the moment!

Reaction score

After doing some recon as to which Walmart stores had room to put out DCUC wave 14 I started hitting the Whitehall store everyday. I finally hit the jackpot today as there were two cases on the pegs this morning. Took the 4 I needed to complete the wave, so there is at least one complete set still on the pegs as well as a few Kamandi, Alan Scott & Zatannas! No sign of the new 2-packs yet, but I don't really need either as I already have Parasite, GG & Hawkgirl.

Now if I could just finish off my wave 15 before my rainchecks expire that would be great!

Reaction score

My DC Universe Green Lantern Classics wave one is on its way!! My preorder went through and confirmation was sent from Big Bad Toystore today.

Reaction score

If anyone is still looking for the DCUC Green Lantern 5-pack, the Reynoldsburg Walmart has 20 on the shelves! If I was any good at customizing I would buy a couple more, but I'm not!

Reaction score

I went to the Reynoldsburg Walmart to return a couple things and checked the toy aisles as usual to find the same stack of Green Lantern 5-packs. But, this time they were on clearance for $29.50. I had to pick up another one at that price. Heck, I might go buy a couple more at that price! I love the clearance season!!!

Reaction score

Picked up the entire wave 1 of Green Lantern Classics this morning at the Reynoldsburg Walmart. It was awesome to find an entire wave at retail for the first time in a very long time! I'm thinking of maybe picking up a few more Manhunters, but at $15 each army building has it's limits!

Also, ordered a case of DCUC wave 16 from EE yesterday with a free shipping code!

Reaction score

Picked up another Manhunter robot from GL Classics at the Morse Rd Walmart.

Also, got my shipping notice from EE for my DCUC wave 16 case!

Reaction score

DarthTim said:

Hey Tim, are there any extras in that case you're getting? If so, who might they be?

Reaction score

RHINOMAN said:
DarthTim said:

Hey Tim, are there any extras in that case you're getting? If so, who might they be?
I ordered the case that came with the Black-Suited Batman that was in wave 10, other than that I will be opening the rest of the them. It was the assortment that came with two Robins, 1 of everyone else and the Batman.

Reaction score

Picked up a DCUC Classic Starman and a DC Direct Blackest Night Arkillo from Comic Town on Morse Rd. It had been a while since I made a trip in there, but I could spend a lot of money in there. The DC Direct Arkillo does look a little small next to the DCUC CnC version, but the power battery and severed tongue necklace even the score!

Reaction score

My case of DCUC wave 16 arrived yesterday from EE. It arrived two full days earlier than estimated from Fedex which is good since it was supposed to arrive tomorrow during the snow storm.

Also ordered a DCUC Wave 1 Penguin from BBTS. I love when they find stuff in their warehouse. It makes you wonder who is managing their warehouse that they keep finding things on a regular basis.