DC, Marvel & other lines

Reaction score
Re: DC, Marvel & other lines

Wojo_Calrecium said:
This week I had to head down to Dayton for work and I managed to pick up all of DC Universe wave 10 at the Piqua Walmart and then picked up another set for my buddy at the Troy Walmart. I have to say probably the best figures I have seen in a while.
I've been to five different Walmarts on an almost daily basis looking for these and have yet to see a single figure. I really only want Joker and Batman, but will probably pick-up the rest of a case if I ever see them to help out fellower scummers.

Reaction score

May I put my name in the hat for "fellow scummers". I to have been hunting this wave to no end with zero positive results.

Reaction score

After weeks of searching I finally picked up Batman, Joker & Man-Bat from Reynoldsburg Walmart this morning. They had the whole case on the pegs, but I only had enough cash for those three. Hurry if you want to pick these up this morning! The other Joker had a small paint issue with the hair, but the rest were very tempting.

Now if I could only find Hawkgirl & Green Arrow, I would be set until wave 11 and then probably done with this line! If anyone has a spare Hawkgirl or Green Arrow I would gladly trade Man-Bat for it. I'm going to break down and buy B&G Dr. Fate off of BBTS this morning to get that one out of the way.

Reaction score

Spotted some leftovers from the Walmart DCUC wave 10. They were a lone Batman at Morse Rd and 2 Power Girls & 1 Batman at Lewis Center.

If anyone missed out on the exclusive Marvel Legend wave with Tigra check both of the walmarts that I just mentioned as they both put out fresh cases of this wave.

Lewis Center Walmart also has the MP Skywarp if anyone is looking. It is $60 and located in the overflow by the bikes.

As of yesterday Sawmill TRU put out quite a few of the G1 reissues (perceptor & insecticons).

Reaction score

Met up with darthhimey yesterday to do some DCUC trading and finally have a Green Arrow!!!
It's always nice to meet fellow collectors and being able to help each other out.

Spotted more remnants of DCUC wave 10 cases at Reynoldsburg, Morse Rd, & Lewis Center Walmarts. Every store had 2 Jokers, 2 Power Girls, & 2 Batman. At least these cases are starting to hit more.

Still looking for Hawkgirl from Wave 8 if anyone comes across one. Last figure that I want until wave 11's Green Lanterns.

Reaction score

picked up beastboy, manbat, forager & robotman from bethel/sawmill wm last night for a friend... just informed me that he had already acquired it... if anybody wants it, just message me & we can meet up somewhere in the bethel/sawmill or at the osu medical center... otherwise its going back next week...thanks...
darthtim, i have an extra hawkgirl somewhere around here if you still want it...

Reaction score

If anyone is still looking for DCUC wave 10 go check either the Morse Rd or Reynoldsburg Walmarts. They are both swimming in them. At least 5-6 cases per store, probably more!

Reaction score

ThetaSquad288 said:
found Hawkgirl by chance.
spotted two more Hawkgirls at Target, but took none, I not see myself paying almost $14 or $15 for one after taxes

liked the old price better at $8

Reaction score

Has anybody found any of DCUC wave 11 yet? Saw a couple posts of poeple finding them so I just did a massive kessel run and the toy sections are waste lands. Probably my first run in better than a month. If someone finds any please post so I can jump on my pony and head out. Also still looking for Wave 8 Gentleman ghost if by some chance someone trips into one I'll pay handsomely.

Reaction score

darthhimey said:
Has anybody found any of DCUC wave 11 yet?
Not yet! The Walmarts that I've been to will need to sell through their pegwarming Power Girls before they get anything new in!

I've actually stopped checking Targets, especially the newer one in Reynoldsburg as they have 30-40 Dr. Impossibles. I'm glad someone bought all of those from various stores to clear their shelves, but they could have been nice enough not to dump them at a store that I frequent!

Reaction score

Yeah I gave up, the distribution with this line really makes little since. I went ahead and ordered off of Mattycollector.com. It came out to 16 per with shipping, but that is really the only line that I am actively looking for. That and I'll get complete Kilowog BAF which looks pretty sweet. I tend to have this problem with toy shopping, I know exactly what I'm looking for and when I don't find it I usually buy things I wasn't looking for. So my thinking is the less I go out the less I spend. So I'll have a extra Green Stepenwolf(sp?) which I don't want so if anyone is interested hit me up.

So I'm caught up with DCUC and Star Wars for now, until I hear rumors of the next waves of each. I'm done with the G.I. Joes unless I see a PIT on very deep clearence($40 or less),or if they bring back the 25th line and finish with the figures they hadn't made yet.

The only other things I'm interested are the new Marvel Universe wave(Jean Grey, Warpath, Vision, Sunfire) which I haven't seen anywhere, and the new DC Infinite Heroes wave (Martian Manhunter, Red Arrow, Blue Beetle, Mary Marvel, Firestorm etc.) Let me know if you see any of those in your hunts.

Part of me thinks I should give up on the Marvel Universe figures. For one they are more expensive than Star Wars figures which makes zero since, and secondly I've been going back and getting older Marvel Legends to be in scale with the DCUC.

Reaction score

I totally agree about the DCUC distribution problems. It's not even funny anymore. It's just sad!!! I only want 3 figures from wave 11: Cyborg Supes, and both Green Lanterns. So, buying a case is just a waste of money to me. I do want a Kilowog though, but figure that I can find him on ebay and probably still save money plus I wouldn't have a handful of figures that I don't want.

Wish I had known about what you were looking for with MU & DCIH as I saw both of those waves recently. The MU wave was at the Reynoldsburg Meijer and the DCIH I saw last night at the older Reynoldsburg Target (E. Broad).

I quit the MU line a long time ago because of the cost and overall quality of figures. I'm more content picking up vintage G.I. Joe and cherry picking Star Wars especially on clearance!

Reaction score

At some areas at WM etc these fig are $14.95 !

So I'm out from these, I wanted all the Batman releses for my son... but heck I prefer to spend $$$ for high quality Bats for him.

Edited: Oh BTW I had seen more Hawkgirl at retail, but paint jobs are bad most.

Reaction score

Picked up a Man-Bat at Morse Rd Walmart. Still looking for a Hawkgirl myself!

Reaction score

found wave 11 at the wal-mart in bowling green today!! sp steppenwolf, deadman, katma tui, and cyborg supes!! no question or john stewart....had to leave the shark behind. another friend found them at the mt. vernon wal-mart.

Reaction score

I found wave 11 as well minus John Stewart and Deadman. PM for location if interested.

Reaction score

found john stewart and shark yesterday and found the question on thursday!! kilowog is complete!!!! AWESOME!!! still looking for the comic version of steppenwolf.

Reaction score

Picked up a Variant Deadman and a Shark at Walmart (Whitehall) and also ordered both GLs, Cyborg Supes & The Question on-line for only slightly more than current retail. So, if anyone is looking for Shark, Deadman & The Question I will have those available soon minus their Kilowog parts as that was why I bought them in the first place.

Still no sign of a Hawkgirl anywhere!
At this point I might have to resort to evil-bay unless someone has an extra that they are willing to part with. I do have a variant Wilcat that I could throw in!

Reaction score

Received my DCUC wave 11 Cyborg Supes, both GLs & the Question in the mail over the weekend only to find a full case yesterday morning at the Reynoldsburg Walmart. Why does it always work out that way?!?! Anyway, I picked up another Cyborg Supes, Question & Regular version Deadman to open.

Still looking for Hawkgirl!

Reaction score

Finally got my Hawkgirl from TRU.com!

I also picked up some wave 12 figures this morning from Meijer. I got Eclipso, Dr. Midnite, Iron, & 2 GID Spectre variants. I'm not sure what case assortment this was because I left Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Eclipso & Dr. Midnite.

This was at the Meijer in Reynoldsburg on E. Broad St.

Reaction score

I picked up a Spectre GITD variant, Dr. Midnite, and Eclipso at Meijer yesterday. They were marked down to $10.99 which is a great deal since most places are $15 now.

Reaction score

If anyone in the Columbus area is seeing extras of Wave 12, please hit me with a PM. I don't have any yet and my runs lately have all been missing my desires. Also if you don't need your Darksied parts let me know. There a couple in this wave I'd like to avoid if I can.

Reaction score

Picked up a Marvel Legends Stealth Iron Man / Sharon Carter 2-pack at Sawmill TRU yesterday.

If anyone spots a DCUC wave 12 Copperhead or doesn't want his C&C Darkseid piece let me know. That piece is the last one I need for Darkseid.

Reaction score

If anyone is still looking for DCUC wave 12, Meijer on E. Broad St in Reynoldsburg has a whole case on the pegs. Of course it is the ridiculous case breakdown that contains Batman, Superman & Nightwing but no Mary Batsons or Copperheads. The Spectres are both regular versions. Still looking for a Copperhead to finish my Darkseid.

Why does Mattel ship these waves with case breakdowns that doesn't let you actually complete the C&C figures?

Reaction score

Finally picked up Copperhead from Reynoldsburg Walmart this morning. They had a full case on the pegs this morning including both Mary Batson versions. The only problem is it looked like someone squished the case as most of the packages were messed up.

Reaction score

Spotted some of those TRU exclusive DCUC Batman figures. I'm sure those will fly off the shelves!

This was at Sawmill TRU and they also had the Mego DC retro figures. Really wanted to pick all four up but the $20 price tag seemed a little steep to me.

Reaction score

saundo2 said:
how did those retros look in person?
Good enough for me to regret not buying them! If they were cheaper than $20 each I would have bought them and not thought twice. The weathered packaging is a nice touch too!

Reaction score

DarthTim said:
saundo2 said:
how did those retros look in person?
Good enough for me to regret not buying them! If they were cheaper than $20 each I would have bought them and not thought twice. The weathered packaging is a nice touch too!
Yeah I saw those as well but they seem more a like $10-$15 value. They are pretty cool looking but, I don't think they will move to quickly at that price. Personally I'd rather have DCUC even if they we're at the same price. To me this is a bad time to release these, they should have released these a few months ago when DCUC waves were not hitting

Still looking for Desaad, Iron and Mary Marvel. Found a few at Meijer, it was nice to pay $11 for one and $13 for another 2. Hit me with a PM if any of you C-bus locals have any leads on those 3.

Reaction score

darthhimey said:
Still looking for Desaad, Iron and Mary Marvel. Found a few at Meijer, it was nice to pay $11 for one and $13 for another 2. Hit me with a PM if any of you C-bus locals have any leads on those 3.
Sending you a PM as I saw another fresh case this morning.

Reaction score

Picked up some Iron Man 2 Comic Series figures at TRU. War Machine is awesome!!! I have to give Hasbro credit that the price point on these figures actually seems about right! Good job! Now go back to messing up Star Wars & G.I. Joe since you are even better at doing that!

Reaction score

For the Transformers fans out there, Sawmill Target had 2 N.E.S.T. Lockdowns this morning.

I picked up a regular DCUC Spectre at Sawmill Meijer so now I don't have to open one of my variants to complete Darkseid.

No sign of anything good at the Sawmill TRU. Not even any good MILFs this morning either.

Reaction score

Picked up a DC Retro Green Lantern & Sinestro at Polaris TRU yesterday. It was funny that they only had one set on the pegs at opening and then I see out of the corner of my eye while at check-out, a TRU employee walking to check-out with the other set! (They come two sets per case) Thought twice about talking to the manager since I am well aware of their policy regarding those kinds of things. Now I at least know why that store has been hard to find new things at!

Reaction score

Picked up one MOTU Vs. DC Skeletor/Lex Luthor pack last night at Polaris TRU. Then I managed to pick up one more today at Sawmill TRU along with one of the He-Man/Superman packs. These are awesome, even at $29.99. Talked with workers at both stores and they only got in one case each.

Reaction score

Got a complete DCUC wave 3 C&C Solomon Grundy in the mail today from a fellow scummer. Now I can hopefully find the rest of my wants at the Columbus Toy Show on April 11th.

Reaction score

Picked up a Superpowers (Green) Steppenwolf yesterday at K-Mart. What is this world coming to when I can actually walk into K-Mart and buy something?!?! It was actually cheaper than what Target, Walmart and TRU are charging for DCUC. They were $12.99!