DC, Marvel & other lines

Reaction score
DC, Marvel & other lines

I figured that since some other people besides me collect other lines besides Joes & Star Wars that maybe we need to start posting finds.

So, I'll go first and say that I spotted the new Marvel Fury Files Line at Reynoldsburg Meijer last night. I was waiting to see these in person and at $7.99 each I'm passing.

I also spotted the Black Suit Superman wave of DC Classics this morning at Reynoldsburg Wal-Mart. They had pretty much the entire wave left on the pegs including Dr. Impossible and Hawkman. I didn't want to pass on Hawkman, but with all the price increases lately I'll have to wait on him!

Reaction score
Re: DC, Marvel & other lines

ya, picked up the marvel universe stuff on sunday at a meijers.

you gotta pick up the hawkman!!! if this doesn't win "figure of the year" in all the polls, i will be very surprized and disappointed!!! truely awesome.

Reaction score

I'm trying to fight off the DC line temptation as I am running out of space, but Hawkman did look awesome! I'll probably cave and get him and black-suit superman the next time I see them.

Reaction score

You know you want him it will make you feel good.

Really though it is a sweet figure. Just wanted to show some of my DC/Marvel Collection which has put Star Wars in the back seat. This is quite the feet as I've been collecting SW for 13 straight years.

Here is a wide shot of alot of my 6" collection. See the Coll link below for more pics

Reaction score

I almost bought Hawkman again today! This time it was at Lewis Center Wal-Mart. They still have 2 and both Mullet Supermen. These figures do look great, but I have to put my foot down somewhere.

Reaction score

Found the marvel universe figures today.
Spider-man
Punisher
Iron Man
Silver Surfer
Black Panther
Wolverine (X-Force)
Daredevil
Human Torch (F4 costume)

Still need Bullseye and Flame on Human Torch.
Very pleased.

Reaction score

I didn't know what these marvel universe figures were retailing for, but I was hoping for ~$5 and I would have bought them all! But, at $7.99 I'll probably just stick to my favorites.

Silver Surfer did look like a great figure! I'll check while I'm out later for the two that you are missing as I saw them both a couple of days ago.

Reaction score

DarthTim said:
I didn't know what these marvel universe figures were retailing for, but I was hoping for ~$5 and I would have bought them all! But, at $7.99 I'll probably just stick to my favorites.

Silver Surfer did look like a great figure! I'll check while I'm out later for the two that you are missing as I saw them both a couple of days ago.
I hear you on that, but it seems odd that they put so many big characters in the first wave. One would think maybe a few per wave. This wave seems to have 6-7 depending on your perspective.

Reaction score

Did you get or want the Stealth Iron Man? I buy most things Iron Man and the stealth version looked like a nice figure too. I'll probably pick up both Iron Man figures and Silver Surfer from this wave.

Reaction score

No I didn't get or see him, but I don't really want more than one of each character.

Reaction score

I picked up Spider-Man, red/gold Iron Man, and Wolverine today from Meijer here in Toledo. These figures are pretty cool looking. Can't wait until they make so more of the X-Men.

Reaction score

Has anyone opened their Marvel Universe figures yet? The plastic ball joints have me worried enough that I might pass on these. I've read a few reviews about messed up legs that are either too loose in the knees or the hips are stuck!

Reaction score

I opened all of mine. I didn't have the problem with the legs like others were describing. The only complaint I have is the swivel chest seems too loose on some of the figures. That said I think they look as good as G.I.Joe/Star Wars figures. Definitely better than DC infinite heroes. I collect them all and the only other thing is how tall they are next to those other lines. That is only a issue if you play with all of them together. Generally they are mini-statues for me in the hall of fame type display, so it isn't a huge deal.

Reaction score

Sawmill TRU put out the new Watchmen figures. They look nice, but not $16.99 nice!

Reaction score

Saw some new DC Classics at Reynoldsburg Wal-Mart this morning. They had 2 King Colds, 2 kid flash, 2 big baradas (1 w/ helmet & 1 w/o helmet). Those were the only ones from the wave left on the pegs.

Reaction score

Man you have some luck. I wish I with you on your trips. I would have purchased one of each. I just don't go hunting to much any more.
Oh well, I geuss it is off to Wal-Mart.

Reaction score

So I went out and found Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold and Big Barda variant for myself. I'm pretty sure that the second case of this wave hasn't shipped so we can't build our Atom Smasher yet.
I also found some DC Infinite heroes. (Wonder Woman, Classic Batman, Sinestro, and Alex Luthor)

Reaction score

Finally picked up a DC Classics Green Lantern and the newer Batman both with stands at Sawmill Kroger Marketplace. I couldn't resist any longer! GL was a favorite as a kid and I had to have him in my collection.

Reaction score

Picked up a DCUC Hawkman at Meijer yesterday morning. He is an awesome figure!

Reaction score

Anyone looking for Marvel Universe or Wolverine:Origins figures should check out the Spring Meadows Wal-Mart. They must have put out 2-3 cases of the MU figs and another couple for Wolverine. I picked up both Hulks, Ronin, Iron Fist, Deadpool, Gambit. The Hulk figs are pretty heavy and look great in person.

Reaction score

Went to the Buckeye Comic Con this weekend and scored some sweet deals bought the entire Red Hulk marvel legends wave including variants for 80 bucks and the entire Fin Fang Foom Wave for 100 bucks. It was a Great Weekend for me.

Reaction score

i've been thinking a lot lately about unloading my marvel legends variants. they are all carded. haven't decided for sure wether or not to do it. but i'm kinda leaning that way. i'm also thinking about letting go some of my loose non-varients as well. it has more to do with spacial needs than monetery. help me out, what should i do?

Reaction score

has anybody seen the rest of wave 7 dcu figures (booster, blue beetle, and aquaman) in ohio?

Reaction score

saundo2 said:
has anybody seen the rest of wave 7 dcu figures (booster, blue beetle, and aquaman) in ohio?
swdave found them for me at the new wal-mart in findlay yesterday. they are awesome!!

Reaction score

Thanks Saundo for the head's up!! I managed to get the aquaman and Booster Gold that Walmart had left now I just need Blue Beetle!! Thanks Saundo I left as soon as I read the post.

Reaction score

Spotted the new exclusive Transformers Animated packs at Reynoldsburg Target (E. Broad). These were on an endcap with some of the exclusive Joe jets.

Reaction score

My Girlfriend the Amazing person that she is stopped at the Bowling Green Walmart on her way to class and she picked up Blue Beetle and the Booster Gold variant for me. I now have a complete Atom Smasher she did say it looked like it was a fresh case because the racks were packed and there were at least 2 blue beetles, 2 booster gold's and a slew of other figures.

Reaction score

girlfriend!?! you need to put a ring on her finger! that's great, atom smasher is awesome, isn't he? ya i'm looking to get another blue beetle. the paint on mine is not the greatest.

Reaction score

I know she will get that ring sooner than she thinks!! Haha...and yes Atom Smasher is Great!!! I just can't get enough of this line gets me all giddy like a giving coke to a kid with ADD.

Reaction score

hey darthhimey, did you ever get that 2nd aquaman?

Reaction score

Picked up a DC Classics Flash w/ stand this morning at Reynoldsburg Wal-Mart. They had the rest of this wave 7 case (2 Booster Golds, 2 Blue Beetles, 2 Aquaman in his metrosexual blue outfit, etc.)

Reaction score

yes I did. You really didn't have to do that, but I do appreciate it.

Reaction score

glad too hear that! it was no problem, really.

Reaction score

Picked up the two Transformers Animated battlepacks that were on sale for the crazy sale price of $4.99 each. Target apparently has figured out their mistake and they are now in the computers for $22.49, but since they left the sign up on the display they had to honor that price!

Also, picked up a Papa Smurf! Target is now carrying some smurf products and I loved these little guys as a kid! Question: What color does a Smurf turn if you choke them?

Reaction score

I also picked up two packs for the $4.99. Don't need em or want em, not sure why i got em. Guess ill give it to someone....eventually.

Reaction score

Santasfinest said:
I also picked up two packs for the $4.99. Don't need em or want em, not sure why i got em. Guess ill give it to someone....eventually.
Same here! I haven't collected this line, but I saw that price and I had to have them. They will probably end up at Toys for Tots next christmas. I've heard rumors that some Targets are offering the Exclusive Joe jets as a substitute because they ran out of the Transformers. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm definitely going out looking today.

Reaction score

picked up a classic iron man from marvel universe wave 3 today. looking for both ms. marvels.

Reaction score

Picked up a classic Iron Man from wave 3 MU at Target this morning. They had the rest of the wave including both Ms. Marvels. I was disappointed in the black suit spidey! How hard is it to make a black suit spidey actually look black?!?