Dave Prowse R.I.P.

Reaction score
We have lost a true Star Wars icon. I first met him at a Space: 1999 convention in Ohio; later at Star Wars Weekends in Florida. He was beyond nice and pleasant. RIP, sir.

Reaction score
Seemed like a nice enough fella. Pity he fell out of favour with Lucas in the end.

R.I.P. to the Green Cross Code man.

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of meeting him when I was probably 12. Often and unfortunately he's the most overlooking in the role...a role that took so many and much talents to create. It takes a lot to be the literal embodiment of the Dark Lord of the Sith. Every emote of feeling through physicality was him. His powerful iron fist to the sky, begging his son to join him and defeat the emperor to the largest reveal in film history. Each power swing of his crimson blade, a strength feeling as if it came from hundreds. All the force chokes the defined him as the greatest villain and all the nuanced motions that described him as the most tragic "monster" in cinematic history stemmed from a man behind a mask. I've looked on him with my own eyes all my life. What I saw was...a brilliant actor and a man who helped birth perhaps films greatest, most beloved, and most remembered icon. He was an integral piece of Darth Vader. Legend. Modern myth. David Prowse.
Thank you. Always and forever. May the force be with you.