darth_sidious 80s toy shelf (part 1)

Reaction score
This year I've been working on setting up a display for some of my 80s toys that survived my childhood. I wanted to exhibit some of the creative characters and amazing color palette seen in toys from the 1980s. I picked one figure / toy from each respective line that I wanted to represent, and then organized & consolidated them onto a single shelf. Some notable lines are of course missing, as I no longer have any Thundercats, GI JOE (save for a crocodile accessory), BSG, or any number of other lines that I did in the 80s. I was able to confirm the production & release dates of nearly every item - save for two - the snake on the far left and the green Pegasus near it (if anyone can corroborate they were released in the 80s, or their identity, please let me know). At the very least, those two items would have likely been from the early 90s otherwise. I'm going to start working on a display for all my 80s Star Wars cartoon crossovers next, as the Droids & Ewoks merchandise is one of my niche focuses.

View media item 399288

Reaction score
I love that Yoda is hanging out next to ET, in the shadow of the Eborsisk and Mr. Stay Puft!

Reaction score
The 80s really gave us some creative fantasy characters! The Eborsisk is the centerpiece because I've always thought it was just as cool as the Rancor toy from ROTJ - I intermixed them in my collection, and had skiff guards riding the Eborsisk, lol. Its fun to display just a taste of each of these lines, though I frankly wish I had even more representation.

Reaction score
Nice mix of figures from that era.

I spot a figure from The Other World toy line in the back of your display. I had a few of those figures.

Reaction score
You got it - that's Zendo! I use to bring that figure everywhere as a kid. I think I gave him my Gamorrean Guard axe and put him with the Jabba's Palace gang.