Darth Vader with Probe Droid

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm thinking I'll be getting this set now. I didn't look at Vader that closely before. I assumed it was just a RO repack. The fact that it's a true ESB Vader has me interested. Might have to put the arms from my current Vader custom on this figure.

Reaction score
This could actually turn out to be pretty cool. Both figures look very nice.

Reaction score
I'll be getting this one for sure, most definitely needed an upgrade and I always love the Moebius design.

Reaction score
Kmart has the notorious record of breaking street dates, especially going back to Episode I. I suppose they've nothing to lose at this point, except just about everything.

Reaction score
Just for clarification, I'm not doubting the reports, I just want to closer pics. They nourish me.

Reaction score
My local store could literally be sitting on these as we speak, since there almost 6 pallets deep with toys waiting for a reset. Which could take a while since they've cut back their workforce so much...

Reaction score
Will definitely pick this one up. I would love it if somehow this got released single-carded in TVC2.0 next year, even if the blister had to take up most the card. Remember when Hasbro used to give us big, deluxe figures like Ephant Mon in the basic line?

Reaction score
If this one included a clear stand and somehow had to be upgraded to a deluxe figure, I'd go for that too.

Anyways, if this will be a carry forward mold, I'd like Hasbro to try their hand on a vintage collection turret/probot playset this time, and possibly a droid w/space pod deluxe figure.

Reaction score
For whatever reason I have not seen loose pics of any of this stuff, which is kind of weird considering how many leaks there are and considering these toys will be everywhere in a few weeks.
Ya it is weird and slightly annoying. If I happen to find anything early I'll be sure to share pics instead of selling it on Ebay :rolleyes:

Reaction score
For whatever reason I have not seen loose pics of any of this stuff, which is kind of weird considering how many leaks there are and considering these toys will be everywhere in a few weeks.
Yeah, honestly Hasbro's hard street date thing is getting a little tired this third time around.

Reaction score
Well it's clear the toys are already in people's hands. Why hasn't anyone opened them ?!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
After getting a visual reminder of this, I'm really looking forward to the upgrade!

Reaction score
So I nabbed this set at Shopko during my lunch after seeing a tip about that on Yakface. The new Probot is awesome. Has a decent amount of articulation in the limbs. Also another little neat surprise is the antenna can be raised and lowered by pulling up and pushing down on them. Nice to see Hasbro putting a little more effort into this stuff.

Reaction score
The movable antennae is a plus. And there's definitely room inside the main chassis to put a bit of electronics to generate Imperial codes. :D Maybe next time.

Reaction score
So I nabbed this set at Shopko during my lunch after seeing a tip about that on Yakface. The new Probot is awesome. Has a decent amount of articulation in the limbs. Also another little neat surprise is the antenna can be raised and lowered by pulling up and pushing down on them. Nice to see Hasbro putting a little more effort into this stuff.

Nice. Do you have the RO Vader? How does this one compare?

Reaction score
thanks for the pics Bandito! The Probe droid looks great! When you say the limbs have decent articulation...how many points?

Reaction score
I think that's the reflection off the desk. It better be anyway, lol.
Ya it's definitely not translucent. I took that photo in at my work, where there's tons of in door lights. So the reflections turned out a little weird. Vaders Helmet has a nice black glossy sheen to it.

@Billy_Ray The limbs do have good articulation. Certainly better than I was expecting. you can turn each of them 360 degrees from where they plug into the base. Then there are joints at the top and bottom of each appendage. There's a sculpted joint in the middle, however that one doesn't have working articulation. Too bad about that, but I'm more than happy with the result. The little clear stand that's included is a welcome addition as well.

Reaction score
The movable antennae is a plus. And there's definitely room inside the main chassis to put a bit of electronics to generate Imperial codes. :D Maybe next time.
Isnt this force link compatible? Wouldn't be too surprised for it to be able to make those sounds.

Reaction score
Definitely can see the improvement with the larger head and the thinner arms. Only detail I'm not seeing are the support rods on the arms unless they've been 'filled' like Threepio's support rods on his arms.

Reaction score
Being non ep8 I haven't been following up but had been determined if vader is new or repack?

Reaction score
Being non ep8 I haven't been following up but had been determined if vader is new or repack?
Vader is a new sculpt. A new esb sculpt.

What's kinda funny is here we are....40th anniversary of ANH....and we are getting ESB figures. Where's the new farm boy Luke sculpt, Ben kenobi and so forth. Just weird.

Reaction score
^ thanks. I saw this set, an a-wing and rather at km a few days ago but was denied purchase of the other 2 and didn't bother looking at "probot" set. An ep4 Kenobi and ep3 yoda are the new figs in 3.75" "teal" asst wv2. Other than that, I guess Hasbro figures 40th Annie is done and done and only 6" or die cast collectors , not kids, give a damn.

Reaction score
For some reason I thought the obi-wan was going to be an episode 1 version. Yoda I'm assuming will be a re-release of the saga legends mold.

Vader at least has resculpted arms as well...it's still a solid mold. Much better than the saga legends 5poa sculpt.

Reaction score
^ thanks. I saw this set, an a-wing and rather at km a few days ago but was denied purchase of the other 2 and didn't bother looking at "probot" set. An ep4 Kenobi and ep3 yoda are the new figs in 3.75" "teal" asst wv2. Other than that, I guess Hasbro figures 40th Annie is done and done and only 6" or die cast collectors , not kids, give a damn.
Theres an episode 4 obi wan coming?