Darth Vader with Probe Droid

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing a Darth Vader with Probe Droid most likely in the TLJ packaging.

Any thoughts on this set?

Reaction score
I'm just excited to finally get a new Probe Droid. Even if it does still look a little bigger than I would like.

Reaction score
Dammit! Can't believe that Hasbro is going to sucker me into buying yet another Vader! Probe Droid looks good, and is long overdue for an update. The POTF2 one has zero articulation in the legs and the "launching" head on mine will not stay in place any more. Bring it on!

Reaction score
Hmmm, another Vader/droid combo....like before. Yeah, he's a main character, but I'd prefer another Imperial instead with this set.

Reaction score
A Snowtrooper would have been awesome to go with that Probe Droid. That new droid is a must have for me, finally a replacement my old POTF2 Probe Droid.

Reaction score
Surprised they didn't pack a Hoth Han with this seeing as we're getting Leia and Luke w/Wampa.

I passed on the RO Vader but I don't have a Probe Droid so will be picking this set up.

Reaction score
Shhh....we might get the TWO Hoth Hans this time with enough debate to last for a while.

Seriously though, I can foresee a Han w/Tauntaun in the works, but it remains whether it's going to be a resculpt (with the added articulation like the Wampa) or a "Search for Luke Skywalker" battle pack reissue.

Reaction score
Actually you can all thank me for this one. I just picked up a lot on ebay and one of the reasons I bought it was for the potf2 probe droid in it, figuring "Well I guess they're not making a new one anytime soon. :p" So naturally the day after the box shows up they debut a new one. :D

Reaction score
Weird. I passed on the '98 probot as well, but saw and almost picked one up at a comic shop two days ago. Now I'm glad that I didn't, this one looks like a huge improvement (Even if it's still too big).

Reaction score
I'm still holding out for the droid pod if this will be the carry-forward sculpt/scale. Yeah, it's a barely seen piece of hardware, but like the droid escape pod, it could use a the plastic treatment after these many decades.

Reaction score
Hmmm, another Vader/droid combo....like before. Yeah, he's a main character, but I'd prefer another Imperial instead with this set.
Agreed.
While the Probe Droid is nice, it would have made more sense with either Hoth Han or Chewy. Or even a Snowtrooper. I was bored of Vader everywhere years ago.

Reaction score
The Probe Droid looks nice, though so does the POTF2 version. I think I have the Saga version, which was a repaint. Overall though, Hoth feels done - cant say I'm all that interested in this theme.

Reaction score
I am well chuffed with this reveal. I have been wanting an updated Probe Droid for ages. It's hard to believe they haven't done an update for 20 years! This one looks great. It doesn't look oversized to me either. Personally I am happy with the R1 Vader cos I have been wanting that figure and I didn't get it. This is one release I am really pleased with.

Someone at hasbro has a weird thing for Vader/probe combo though. Isn't it weird they just released a set like this a couple of years ago when they did the small probe droid.

Reaction score
definitely getting this set for the Probe Droid...might even get a few of them as well. The Probe looks amazing

Reaction score
on the fence with this one, Probe droid looks good, but the POTF2 still suits its purpose

Reaction score
Did anyone at SDCC get Hasbro to confirm that this is a RO Vader repack? I'm comparing the two images, and this figure appears to be different.

Reaction score
It's not. RO/ANH Vader is different than the ESB suit, which this depicts.

Reaction score
It's not. RO/ANH Vader is different than the ESB suit, which this depicts.
you are correct sir. it's completely different from the recent RO Vader. helmet looks different (makes me wonder if it is a removable helmet as well - almost looks like the same mold they used for the ROTS Anakin-Vader figure), looks like the only part that might be the same as the RO Vader is the outer cape.

Reaction score
That's what I thought - the hands, chest plate, and helmet gave it away. The helmet does look a bit bulky, perhaps it is removable - I wonder which likeness they would use if that's indeed the case?

Reaction score
That's what I thought - the hands, chest plate, and helmet gave it away. The helmet does look a bit bulky, perhaps it is removable - I wonder which likeness they would use if that's indeed the case?
if it is removable then it will probably be the most recent Shaw/Christensen head sculpt from the Vintage line I'd guess or the ROTS burnt head sculpt (just not as crispy lol) unless just the back of the helmet comes off and all we see is Vader's cracked egg skull..

I wish the left hand was the beckoning hand to reenact the Bespin Duel scene or a force choke hand instead of just an open fist

Reaction score
If memory serves, the old one had a missile that came out of it. So this one is a big improvement, especially the details/paint apps!

Reaction score
The probot looks pretty decent but I've already gotten the Rebels Vader and RO Vader in the past 2 years. I may get it but it's towards the bottom of the list of the new stuff coming out. Any idea on what the price point is? I'm wondering what the price will be for the wampa and rather sets too.

Reaction score
If memory serves, the old one had a missile that came out of it. So this one is a big improvement, especially the details/paint apps!
Yeah, there was a big orange missile that launched out the head and the head itself launched to simulate "battle damage" I guess. The head was mounted on a big orange stalk though and looked kind of weird:

the problem with mine is that the catch for the head has worn out over time and now it's head just launches off if you look at it wrong.

Reaction score
The POTF2 version was repainted during the TLC line, it actually turned out nice - no orange bits:

http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBPHothPatrol.asp
Ah, forgot about that. I never picked up that set as I already had everything in it. It does look better with the orange bits gone, but why is it silver?

don't count on it, it could just an SDCC display prop. They do that sometimes.
Yeah, maybe. It doesn't really look like something they just threw together though. Plus we have gotten similar stands lately with the speeder bikes. If it doesn't come with a stand, I will be disappointed.

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's only the top part of helmet that is removable, if this is considered an "Empire' set. But why go through the trouble w/o any seating articulation (let alone sans meditation chamber).