Darth Vader w/Light Up Lightsaber - MH20

Reaction score
I think the seller messed up on the listing price, because now it's $20.99. That's cool he didn't cancel our orders. He packed it very nice too. Mine arrived in near mint condition!

I got my light-up Vader tonight! Really like this figure. The scale is better than that of the Bespin Battle Pack Vader, and the plastic cloak looks better on him. This is my new ROJ Vader in my display. And I got it for less than $8 shipped! #lucky

Reaction score
Still looking for this guy for my son, I've never seen him in the wild, I still have hope though.

Reaction score
I picked this figure up a few weeks ago. Since then I've been trying to find a reason to open him. Unfortunately it's just not my cup-o-tea so he's going back to the store.

Reaction score
If ur looking for this fig try Walgreens! I found all of them there.

Reaction score
Was the Vader just short packed or something? Why is he so hard to find, he should be easy one to find. I still haven't been able to find him. :(

Reaction score
Was the Vader just short packed or something? Why is he so hard to find, he should be easy one to find. I still haven't been able to find him. :(
No, he is packed 2X per case (wave 3) the thing is that major retailers have not received (or ordered) anything beyond wave 1 of Movie Heroes.

I ended up ordering Vader from Amazon with a few other cheaper figures and the avg/figures came to about $8, will get it tomorrow it looks like.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, he is packed 2X per case (wave 3) the thing is that major retailers have not received (or ordered) anything beyond wave 1 of Movie Heroes.

I ended up ordering Vader from Amazon with a few other cheaper figures and the avg/figures came to about $8, will get it tomorrow it looks like.
Thanks SecurasMan, I jsut keep hearing about how hard this figure is to find and I assumed it was just short packed, but nice to know it is packed pretty much like the other figures. I am going to have hit up walgreens or something, maybe I will get lucky! :D

Reaction score
I saw two at once at Walmart, and left them. Now I want it and can't find it.

Reaction score
Already posted this in the Recent Acquisitions thread, but noticed something I forgot to mention: this was my first ever basic Movie Heroes figure. I did purchase a loose Bespin Luke from the MH Three-Pack before him on eBay.

Got the MH Light-Up Lightsaber Darth Vader. It's easily one of my top three favourite movie Vader's yet (Commtech Chip Vader and Evolutions ROTJ Vader being the other two, with honourable mentions to POTFII Removable Helmet Vader).

Also, my cat Buster eats Lightsabers for breakfast!

The Dark Side of the Force fails to tempt this cool cat (although he did get pretty annoyed).

Reaction score
I want this. I passed on the light-up POTF2 figures and always regretted it. I'll grab this if I see it. I hope they do a Luke or Old Ben.

Reaction score
So has anyone tried taking these apart yet to see what the light/power source is?
I'm curious if it can be modded somehow to a regular figure.

Reaction score
This is the best of the three light-up figures we have. Vader's extra bulk probably helps keep the proportions, whereas the slim Jedi are bulked up by the electronics. If plastic capes were this nice ten years ago, we might not be using fabric today.

I didn't notice with the Jedi, but the blade on this one comes out. I'll be checking the others now.

Reaction score
This is the best of the three light-up figures we have. Vader's extra bulk probably helps keep the proportions, whereas the slim Jedi are bulked up by the electronics. If plastic capes were this nice ten years ago, we might not be using fabric today.

I didn't notice with the Jedi, but the blade on this one comes out. I'll be checking the others now.
They all come out.

Still haven't found Vader yet, not from lack of looking though. Every time I hear someone as found one I head out to Target/Walmart with the highest of hopes...

Reaction score
I want this. I passed on the light-up POTF2 figures and always regretted it. I'll grab this if I see it. I hope they do a Luke or Old Ben.

would love to see them do an Old Ben as well as Luke Tatoonie, Bespin and DS II versions.

i still have my original POTF light up action figures and the one thing that always bothered me was the fact that at the time they couldn't figure out how to make a blue saber so Old Ben was given a green one.

Reaction score
I picked up a Light up Vader this weekend. I was able to get the other two with in the last week. I had been bawkling when they were $10, but they have been on sale recently for $8.

Reaction score
They all come out.

Still haven't found Vader yet, not from lack of looking though. Every time I hear someone as found one I head out to Target/Walmart with the highest of hopes...
So I posted this yesterday and found two of them today at Target! :grin:

Reaction score
Ok, finally got to crack him open...what a great figure! Really love it! Hard to believe that Hasbro managed to sucker me into buying yet another Vader, but he is pretty darned cool. Was surprised to find he had knee articulation!

Reaction score
would love to see them do an Old Ben as well as Luke Tatoonie, Bespin and DS II versions.

i still have my original POTF light up action figures and the one thing that always bothered me was the fact that at the time they couldn't figure out how to make a blue saber so Old Ben was given a green one.
Based on my limited electronics experience, it might have been cost. I recall reading that blue LEDs were always way more expensive to produce than other colors.

Also, I can't click 'like' on your sig, but I do! lol

Reaction score
Yeah, you are correct that blue LEDs were more expensive. Also, the first bright blue LEDs weren't developed until the mid '90s, so they might not have been widely available at the time the figure came out.

Reaction score
They seem to be everywhere now. I got mine, then my own store had one, now the same Toys R Us has three on the pegs.

Reaction score
I really like this guy...

Between the removable blade, cool light up effect, a great Vader sculpt, plus it has the perfect Vader silhouette. Looks just like Vader did in the Carbon Freezing Chamber waiting for Luke.

Maybe it's the plastic cape, but it looks really nice. Granted the articulation is limited, and the lightsaber hilt doesn't look all that great, but I still like him.

Reaction score
Finally saw Vader at retail. Only one on the pegs at the Meijer store near me. Picked it up for $7. Great looking figure.