Darth Vader - ROTS - #26 / #03

GNT

Reaction score
This figure is rumoured via Jedi Temple Archives. No pictures or info just yet but apparently they should have some up tomorrow :)

Does the idea of seeing this figure interest you? So it could be Anakin with red eyes or a suited Darth Vader in the "noooo" pose :p I'm thinking it'll be the first option.

I'd like a no-armor, stumpy Anakin. The leg attachments can be cups that the leg slide into, with articulation... I hope.

I'm hoping for a Mustafar version with all the cuts, rips, singes, and removable limbs from the duel.
This is the only figure that we have got of that version.

*Shudder*

Crispy Anakin might be the only one i'd get if different enough from the earlier release. Other than that, we already got the definitive ROTS Vader.

Does anyone else think this may just be the fully costumed ROTS Vader, with the symmetrical mask and solid one-piece chest plate? Vader lovers have asked for that one for years.

Yeah I'm really interested to see which version they choose to come out with!!! What are the options, crispy, Sith eyes, sparkly new digs Vader??? Are there any other options???

I *REALLY* hope this is a suited-up Vader, because to this day Hasbro hasn't turned that version of the costume into an SA figure.

Apart from the completely different face mask (now symmetrical), the shoulder armor is completely unique in ROTS, as it's one solid piece from the shoulders to the torso, which might limit shoulder hinges a bit, but I really hope they stick to accuracy in this case.

He could be given a nice removable helmet with a freshly-burnt Anakin underneath, with gruesome skin details and Sith eyes (never been done on a removable helmet Vader either).

As long as he is capable of crossing his arms in front of his chest, I am happy.

I *REALLY* hope this is a suited-up Vader, because to this day Hasbro hasn't turned that version of the costume into an SA figure.

Apart from the completely different face mask (now symmetrical), the shoulder armor is completely unique in ROTS, as it's one solid piece from the shoulders to the torso, which might limit shoulder hinges a bit, but I really hope they stick to accuracy in this case.

Seriously? Would anyone even notice, or much less give a toss, especially at such a small scale?

Seriously? Would anyone even notice, or much less give a toss, especially at such a small scale?

We have people on here complaining about the shape of the knee pad on the left leg of the Sandtrooper, so...yes. :)

Well, you should. :p
The helmet really isn't a factor, but the one-piece shoulder armor does make for something rather aesthetically unique. On a whole it's almost a ANH to TESB level of difference.

I just got the old crispy Vader on ebay. It's okay. Not so accurate but it feels right and in his non-crispy set up feels like a vintage figure. I should stop buying older figures, cause no doubt an update will completely toast the ROTS figure. I'd taken a long break from collecting before The Vintage Collection, so almost every figure was new for me and I loved it. Commander Cody that was an update for others, brand new never before owned figure for me. Luke in all Black, I hadn't bought one of those since three POTF three back with the Emperor's chair. The slightly yellowed all white phase II clone trooper that everyone already had, I still didn't buy him. (Horrible looking junk) But for most of the others - I did, and it was great.

So what's my point and addition to the topic? Either toasted or in Ep III armor would be excellent additions. The ANH Vader from last year is outstanding. This could be the same. And toasted could be a lot of fun. Either way's a winner.

There is probably a difference between a full size costume and a 4" toy, no?

Plus, I expect he would care and I don't.:D

I just got the old crispy Vader on ebay. It's okay. Not so accurate but it feels right and in his non-crispy set up feels like a vintage figure. I should stop buying older figures, cause no doubt an update will completely toast the ROTS figure. I'd taken a long break from collecting before The Vintage Collection, so almost every figure was new for me and I loved it. Commander Cody that was an update for others, brand new never before owned figure for me. Luke in all Black, I hadn't bought one of those since three POTF three back with the Emperor's chair. The slightly yellowed all white phase II clone trooper that everyone already had, I still didn't buy him. (Horrible looking junk) But for most of the others - I did, and it was great.

So what's my point and addition to the topic? Either toasted or in Ep III armor would be excellent additions. The ANH Vader from last year is outstanding. This could be the same. And toasted could be a lot of fun. Either way's a winner.
Believe it, or not, I'm in the same boat as you. Other than a figure, or maybe two, I didn't buy any SW figures after the end of the Kenner ROTJ line. It was the Vintage Collection which brought me back, and I've had a lot of fun playing catch-up with some of the better figures from the modern line that I missed out on originally.

Crispy or suited, a quality, fully SA Vader is a buy for me.

(Oh, and incidentally, as cool as a removable helmet might be if Vader's face and head were still all crunchy underneath, I agree that the ANH Vader from last year is terrific, and the non-removable helmet is a part of the reason why I think so).

I'm in the same boat, it's only very minor details between the suits. Half the time I wouldn't even notice.

There are only 2 Vaders left that I would ever even consider buying from here forward.

1) This is not even really a Vader figure, per se, that i would even want, but more so just a BP or a "Deluxe Pack" type of thing with a funeral pyre for a Vader----any old Vader would work in there cause I know they wouldn't put an awesome looking, half burnt, crisp-a** Vader body in there.
Heck, just give me the funeral pyre set up and don't even include a figure---I'll use the cardboard backdrop from the box, one of 97 Vaders I already have, and boom----instant Funeral Pyre Vader for like 10-15 bucks.

2) I may consider, REPEAT: MAY CONSIDER a new Vader from the "domain of evil" tree, with a cut out Luke face. Although, I already just took the head off of the POTJ one and put it onto an SA Vader body already, so I guess I wouldn't even need that. So.....sorry I guess, scratch that one,I'd only consider buying what I wrote in #1 above, forget this one.

Realistically, (besides what i mentioned above) if someone held a gun to mothers head in front of me and said "come up with a Vader that has never been made and is soooo badly needed and everyone would buy, or else your mom dies.........and oh yeah, I'll even give you like 100 hours to come up with one", .......ummmmm no exaggeration here, but simply put---a hundred hours later I'd be short 1 mother.

Somebody should actually copy&paste that paragraph and send it to Hasbro.

There's a number of things that could be done to make a Vader figure amazing. None of them have anything to do with minor differences the outfit had between movies. I think what needs to be done is:

Correct sized helmet(with consideration for the fact that a human head is supposed to be under it).
Ball jointed head
Shoulder/chest piece as a SEPERATE piece from the body.
Highly articulated arms that allow for much greater range of motion(allowing the classic pose where Vader stands with his hands on those boxes on his belt, or hands on hips)
Cape that drapes over the front of his shoulders with wire to keep the cape from puffing up.

A separate shoulder chest piece would look like an amalgamation of something between that silly red collar thing that comes with the VC Royal Guard, the "damaged" chest piece from the ROTS ATRT Driver, and General Veers over-the-shoulder-chest-armor. Since 1995, I've never heard anyone ever complain that Vaders chest armor should be a separate piece. One of the few things Hasbro has seemed to nail down perfectly over the years IS The size/shape/etc of Vader's chest armor.

The thing about the arms made in a better/longer fashion so that they can be posed in much better ways-----NOW THIS I AGREE WITH YOU ON.........however we could (and many of us have been saying) this very same thing about ANY JEDI, SITH or other figure that holds a saber. Thus, that not really a "newly thought of" an idea.

And finally, just take the above paragraph and insert "wire-lined-cape" anywhere "longer/better possible arms" was said, as this, too, has been on the asking block for years now.

Now please, dont think that I don't agree with you on those counts, but they wouldnt really be anything new, or all that "outstanding" a change. They wouldn't make for a newly needed figure, but rather more simply add to an already made figure with updated parts. Slight difference there.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of the upcoming Snowtrooper Commander? Just another Snowtrooper not worthy of an unique mold, let alone a carded release?

The Snowtrooper commander is a different character, like the different-coloured Sandtrooper pauldrons depicting rank or the stripes on phase 1 Clone armour.

I believe these were intentionally differentiated by the film makers. Vader's suit wasn't - It was sloppy continuity because whilst being made they never dreamed of it being visually dissected by adult nerds three decades later.

Having said all of that, I won't be buying it for my collection. Why? Because I am happy with the one I already have.

A separate shoulder chest piece would look like an amalgamation of something between that silly red collar thing that comes with the VC Royal Guard, the "damaged" chest piece from the ROTS ATRT Driver, and General Veers over-the-shoulder-chest-armor. Since 1995, I've never heard anyone ever complain that Vaders chest armor should be a separate piece. One of the few things Hasbro has seemed to nail down perfectly over the years IS The size/shape/etc of Vader's chest armor.

The thing about the arms made in a better/longer fashion so that they can be posed in much better ways-----NOW THIS I AGREE WITH YOU ON.........however we could (and many of us have been saying) this very same thing about ANY JEDI, SITH or other figure that holds a saber. Thus, that not really a "newly thought of" an idea.

And finally, just take the above paragraph and insert "wire-lined-cape" anywhere "longer/better possible arms" was said, as this, too, has been on the asking block for years now.

Now please, dont think that I don't agree with you on those counts, but they wouldnt really be anything new, or all that "outstanding" a change. They wouldn't make for a newly needed figure, but rather more simply add to an already made figure with updated parts. Slight difference there.

I've listed the things I feel would improve Darth Vader as a figure. Each one of the things I've listed has not been present on a Vader figure so far. I've felt the head was too small. I've felt a seperate piece for the chest armor would yield a slightly more realistic look. I've felt the arms/wrists didnt allow for the iconic Vader poses(like when he's resting his hands on those boxes on his belt). I've felt a ball jointed head( unlike the one used on the 2004 vintage Vader) would allow for a range of movement more accurate to what's seen on film(his head movement is quiet limited in the film but its not as limited as the current swivel left-right joint used now). I've felt that the capes used on Vader have always been cut incorrectly as they are always draped behind him like a super hero cape instead of over his shoulders as its seen in the film. I've also felt the capes have always puffed and flaired out all over the place which is why Id like to see wire used.

now none of those things are particularly expensive or unrealistic requests as some of those features have appeared on various other figures, just never together on a Vader figure. As for the chest plate, it seems you're expressing your inability to imagine or understand what I'm describing. This is evident in your post when you mention other figures with seperate chest plate armor. In those examples, those figures have seperately sculpted pieces that are removable. I am not talking about a removable chest plate on Vader. I simply suggested that the chest plate be a seperate piece. As in the manufacturing process. I would not suggest that the chest plate be an actual removable play feature in the way that the AT AT commander has. I'm suggesting that the chest plate merely be tooled so that it is actually or partly a seperate piece. (Btw, even if it were a removable piece..you're incorrect to assume it would look strange. The Vintage c 3po has removable chest plates and other removable plates all over the body without adding extra bulk, in fact that figure is often accused of being too small. Some of the removable parts on the figure are so well hidden, some collectors were or are unaware that they are removable...so you're assumptions about a seperately sculpted chest plate OR a removable chest plate are off base).

lastly I did not post to try to convince you or anyone else that my ideas would be all original ideas or yield some kind of "never imaged before" Vader. I don't know what you or other people have fantasized about in a new Vader or Jedi figures, so I'm not sure why you're evaluating my post on its newness of ideas. You explained that you and others have already wished for such features on other Vaders or Jedi...but so what? Am I expected to know what you may have hoped to see, therefore making my requests moot? You can call it an all new Vader or an improvement to an existing figure..or not. It doesn't matter to me...I'm just explaining what I think or would like to see added or changed on Vader. And lastly ...from an anatomical stand point...I do not want to see "longer arms". That would create an entirely different set of problems...

not trying to argue...but I found your response...strange.

Another thing worth mentioning is that every single SG Vader cape has been totally horrible.

For me, the most important thing they could do is replace it with a non-transparent material!

(But I still wouldn't buy another one.)

I hope it's false, there's not much left to do with Vader anymore. Especially since he ships every 4th wave!

I hope it's false
Nah, other figures from that Wal-Mart inventory report have proven true, so at the very least, we know it's more than some baseless rumor. I suppose Hasbro could still decide to go in a different direction, but as you say, they do make a point of keeping the big 'V' on the shelves. :)

Anyway, I still have to wonder what form he'll take?

The problem is, Hasbro has previously designated "ROTS Darth Vader" as simply Anakin before the disfigurement, after turning to the Dark Side. So this could just be an upgrade of the ROTS Jedi Anakin similar to what we just got with AOTC Anakin in wave 1. Possibly a new Mustafar Duel version with red Sith eyes and singed tunic. If I'm wrong about that, then I can't imagine yet another Darth Vader in Sith armor being anything better. We got enough Vaders already. The only variant I'm in favor of is a new improved burned up Anakin with severed limbs.

Hasbro's being going scene specific, so "Noooooooo!" Vader with the operating table restraints molded onto his wrists.

The problem is, Hasbro has previously designated "ROTS Darth Vader" as simply Anakin before the disfigurement, after turning to the Dark Side. So this could just be an upgrade of the ROTS Jedi Anakin similar to what we just got with AOTC Anakin in wave 1. Possibly a new Mustafar Duel version with red Sith eyes and singed tunic.

I'd be down for that. The Vintage ROTS Anakin is rubbish.

Back