Darth Vader - Prototype Edition

Reaction score
Saw this one on display at celebration. Not sure what all the fuss is about. It looks interesting, but not worth the $45+ people are trying to sell it for on EBay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exactly. This is a novelty item that should be readily available for impulse purchase. But then again... most of this stuff should be.

Reaction score
Yeah, I purchased the Luke set & Boba Fett, but the other 2 sdcc exclusives only appeal to me at msrp prices.
Saw this one on display at celebration. Not sure what all the fuss is about. It looks interesting, but not worth the $45+ people are trying to sell it for on EBay.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if The Darth Vader Prototype will be offered by any other vendors besides Target-com... Entertainment Earth had them at SDCC I think... Is this a shared exclusive or what?

Reaction score
I got mine in the mail today from Target. It was sent in a box barely big enough to fit the item, and had no padding. Card is slightly dinged, but overall ok. Pretty cool item, but hopefully nobody has to pay ebay prices and they become more available for anyone who hasn't gotten one.

Reaction score
Ok i think retros may be back target still has them on the site as available. Han stormtrooper is listed clearly as no longer available.Vader is merely out of stock. They have probably allocated many for in store sales.

Reaction score
By the way toy sites are just as bad as scalpers. Selling individual figs at 15.00 thatsmore than most tvc figs.each.

Reaction score
Ok i think retros may be back target still has them on the site as available. Han stormtrooper is listed clearly as no longer available.Vader is merely out of stock. They have probably allocated many for in store sales.

Do you think they will back in store or available via Target.com

Reaction score
It says both. So who knows? All i know is that is how they have it.

Reaction score
The should've made it into an edible, like a gummy or ice.

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure out how many different color combinations there is going to be for the variant completist?

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure out how many different color combinations there is going to be for the variant completist?
It will never happen. Well over 500. And that's NOT counting the figures that happen to have two limbs the same color. From the video I saw, Hasbro has a strict assembly policy. The head and torso will never be the same color. The saber and the arm will never be the same color. We may see examples where two limbs are the same. Two yellow arms or two red legs. Or even one red arm and leg.... ECT. So there really is no way to nail down exactly how many there will be.

Reaction score
Has anyone spotted this at retail? According to Targets website, the closest store that has it in stock is 395 miles away, lol.

Reaction score
Man I am bummed to have missed this on the website apparently. Hope they start getting them in the store or something

Reaction score
I've heard it was pretty much a bust across the country. Almost as bad as a Walmart Force Friday!

Reaction score
I guess Target didn’t get the memo. Well I guess I will have to take a 300+ road trip to New Jersey to find this figure. I mean really?

Reaction score
I have absolutely no desire to own this thing but there were like 600 of them at the local Targets lol

Reaction score
I was on a chat with Target and they had no clue about the Aug 2 date. I even pasted a quote from Yakface and the guy told me they aten’t Affiliated with Yakface.com. Wow just wow. His response and I quote”we don’t discuss future stocks”. It makes me wonder were the Aug 2nd date come from?

Reaction score
It will never happen. Well over 500. And that's NOT counting the figures that happen to have two limbs the same color. From the video I saw, Hasbro has a strict assembly policy. The head and torso will never be the same color. The saber and the arm will never be the same color. We may see examples where two limbs are the same. Two yellow arms or two red legs. Or even one red arm and leg.... ECT. So there really is no way to nail down exactly how many there will be.
It seems as though there is new information about the number of variants. Be prepared for some disappointment. Out of a possible 3600 color combinations, good old Hasbro decided 18 seemed like a good number. This info came from Yakface.

Reaction score
If they overstock them and clear them out i want to mahe solid color vaders...

Reaction score
I have absolutely no desire to own this thing but there were like 600 of them at the local Targets lol
It seems it falls to you to distribute these to collectors across the country in an even manner. Are you up to the task?

Reaction score
In a way that is good, since 18 is doable. 3600 less so.
You're right. In a way. 18 is doable. Which means a lot of people will now try to get all 18, leaving less available for those who only want one or two. I'm still on the fence about even getting this. But it would have been a lot more fun having a figure more unique, with only one or maybe two other people having the same combination.

Reaction score
I was curious, where did the Aug 2nd date come from? In other words where and how was it announced this figure would be available in stores. I know it was on Yakface.com. When I did the chat on Target.com I gave to guy the DCPI and he was completely clueless about it. A buddy of mine said it was on the order page for the Vader but I can’t find where it said it.

Reaction score
One of the targets i just came from is doing their reset. Tvc figures all marked down to 6.48. Hope that follows everywhere. Wal mart resetting too and the plan o gram had only black series ,sabers and the playset from solo on it. So much for tvc and the exclusives.

Reaction score
I was curious, where did the Aug 2nd date come from? In other words where and how was it announced this figure would be available in stores. I know it was on Yakface.com. When I did the chat on Target.com I gave to guy the DCPI and he was completely clueless about it. A buddy of mine said it was on the order page for the Vader but I can’t find where it said it.
It WAS on the website listing for the figure. I remember it saying in store Aug 2. But now it's updated to just "Sold Out" with no other info given about find in store, or anything. I believe it was also stated at the Entertainment Earth booth at SDCC that it would be available at Target Aug. 2 as well.

Reaction score
In response to the story on the front page about ONE Target store in NJ having 34 figures. This is absolutely why one chain shouldn't have exclusive ties. How did they get the figs in the first place and why 34? The rest of the country has none. Ridiculous. Whether or not people like this prototype concept, this release has been a true failure. Good thing my Robotkingdom order came in for it. I never will expect Target to make it more available, especially after the poor online release.

Edit: I did see the one store w/stock when I searched for stores and it said I had to travel 798 miles to get it. I should have driven out yesterday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is why I hate exclusives in general. Convention exclusives should only have exclusive packaging at most.

Reaction score
These will eventually be plentiful and/or drop in price drastically IMO because they are kinda corny.

Reaction score
Went to one Target today. Nothing, not a shock, but we were out so we went. Im not chasing this down, because they wont put nothing on the shelf unti they clearance them out. I hate Target and the Target hipster crowd. I'll get it of Ebay, or if by chance Target or EE put it on the site. Not going into these stores anymore.

Reaction score
I have a feeling these are going to show up in stores discounted. Hell the price dropped on the site

Reaction score
I guess all the scalpers who ordered multiples during the few times these showed up on target.com got their deliveries? A search on eBay shows almost 200 sellers nationwide with "items in hand" and an average price of $35. Will Hasbro and their retail partners ever learn?:rolleyes: