Darth Vader - Prototype Edition

Reaction score
Yeah, I did plenty of vintage back in the day too. Never had a torso fracture - that brittleness is indicative of plastic ageing or UV damage.

Reaction score
Ehh... this thing popped back up on Target.com with a Ship button, but still won't let me order one, even with $25 in my cart.
This is one annoying exclusive - I've yet to even spot it listed as "in stock" online. Apparently only one local store received a case, and a hoarder took the whole thing.

Reaction score
So is this it for Proto Vader? I feel very fortunate to have gotten one but it's pretty sad how the distribution seemed to fizzle out.

Reaction score
Never seen one in store, and was never able to snag one on their site. Was hoping that they would have shown up in stores on Friday, but Target was crap, and Walmart was actually a hit this time.

Reaction score
Watch this sucker show up in masses at Ross, Five Below, Burlington, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. in about a year for $3.99

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have tried repeatedly to order a few more of these. It shows in stock, but won’t add to the cart and then says out of stock. I feel very fortunate that I got the two that I did.

Reaction score
Anyone have extras to trade? I'm looking for 7 more, I have 5 available to trade. Here's where I'm at:

I got my 7 new ones today, and there were only 2 I didn't have. So I have 11 now, and am missing 7. I've got 5 carded extras available for trade:

[ ] = Missing
[X] = Have
[/] = Trade in Progress

HAVES:
[X] Blue Helmet - Green Torso - Blue Lightsaber
[X] Blue Helmet - Purple Torso - Yellow Lightsaber
[ ] Blue Helmet - Red Torso - Red Lightsaber

[ ] Green Helmet - Orange Torso - Green Lightsaber
[ ] Green Helmet - Orange Torso - Purple Lightsaber
[X] Green Helmet - Yellow Torso - Orange Lightsaber

[X] Orange Helmet - Blue Torso - Orange Lightsaber
[X] Orange Helmet - Green Torso - Green Lightsaber
[X] Orange Helmet - Yellow Torso - Purple Lightsaber

[X] Purple Helmet - Green Torso - Orange Lightsaber
[ ] Purple Helmet - Orange Torso - Green Lightsaber
[ ] Purple Helmet - Red Torso - Blue Lightsaber

[X] Red Helmet - Blue Torso - Yellow Lightsaber
[X] Red Helmet - Purple Torso - Blue Lightsaber
[X] Red Helmet - Yellow Torso - Red Lightsaber

[/] Yellow Helmet - Blue Torso - Yellow Lightsaber
[X] Yellow Helmet - Purple Torso - Purple Lightsaber
[ ] Yellow Helmet - Red Torso - Red Lightsaber

AVAILABLE TO TRADE:
[1] Blue Helmet - Green Torso - Blue Lightsaber
[1] Orange Helmet - Blue Torso - Orange Lightsaber
[2] Red Helmet - Yellow Torso - Red Lightsaber
[/] Red Helmet - Purple Torso - Blue Lightsaber

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the blue helmet red torso blue saber but loose with the damaged card. I was only counting helmet colors and he was the only blue helmet I had received. I have to check my others but they are boxed up.

Reaction score
I have the blue helmet red torso blue saber but loose with the damaged card. I was only counting helmet colors and he was the only blue helmet I had received. I have to check my others but they are boxed up.
I'm opening all mine, so if he's available for purchase or trade, let me know!

Reaction score
Pm me and we can swap. I will send the card too though the bubble is sloppy.

Reaction score
The Blue Helmet, Red Torso variant has a Red Saber, not a Blue Saber. Is that the one you have?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone have a spare to trade to someone that doesnt own a single one of these? Looking for the red helmet / purple torso combo.

Reaction score
Bump:

Looking for these 5 still:

[ ] Green Helmet - Orange Torso - Purple Lightsaber
[ ] Purple Helmet - Orange Torso - Green Lightsaber
[ ] Purple Helmet - Red Torso - Blue Lightsaber
[ ] Yellow Helmet - Red Torso - Red Lightsaber

I have these 3 to trade, and am happy to flat out buy any if they can be bought...

[ ] Orange Helmet - Blue Torso - Orange Lightsaber

[ ] Red Helmet - Yellow Torso - Red Lightsaber

Reaction score
Toy guy at my local target said someone returned about 20 of these about a month ago, and as soon as they put them out they were gone. He added that the stores that showed them on brickseek had gotten returns... No full cases ever shipped to stores. Take it as you will...

Reaction score
Found a few of the ones I was missing... just need this one now:

I have these 3 available:
[ ] Orange Helmet - Blue Torso - Orange Lightsaber

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still the only exclusive I've never been able to find at either of my area stores. Hell, I never even caught it when it was available online. The only carded one I have is thanks to Nighthawk.

Reaction score
IRRC it was only available online for literally one day. August 23rd to be precise, because that was the one day in August I was driving on a road trip and didnt have the internet handy. It was never available again, anywhere.

Reaction score
I was able to get 6 of them and passed one on to another scummer. Got a good mix of colors, both dark and light green and 5 is more than plenty.

Reaction score
IRRC it was only available online for literally one day. August 23rd to be precise, because that was the one day in August I was driving on a road trip and didnt have the internet handy. It was never available again, anywhere.
Big fail on the part of both Target & Hasbro. The scalpers and hoarders only compounded that. So much for a limit of 2 per person on their website. Its great when they come up with interesting concepts for exclusives, but if they're next to impossible to track down, and being hoarded by fellow collectors, it takes the fun out of it.

Reaction score
Big fail on the part of both Target & Hasbro. The scalpers and hoarders only compounded that. So much for a limit of 2 per person on their website. Its great when they come up with interesting concepts for exclusives, but if they're next to impossible to track down, and being hoarded by fellow collectors, it takes the fun out of it.
I tried to combat that by buying as many as I could and getting them to folks here. Not a perfect solution but many people her got them that otherwise may have missed out. You could order multiple times....

Reaction score
I never saw this in stores either, but I’ve been collecting one if each since 1995 and this wasn’t going to be the end of that...

I bought eight if them the only time I ever saw them on Target’s website, the rest I bought off eBay and traded for.

I know it’s not retail, but these are readily available for about $22 shipped on eBay, so anyone who wants one can get one pretty easily for about the price of a black series figure.

Reaction score
hey you now need both light and dark green....lol
I thought about it but that’s where I drew the line.... if I understand it right the multiple greens exist all over, as in arms, legs, sabers, etc... which would double this total and be very hard to shop for.

Reaction score
I thought about it but that’s where I drew the line.... if I understand it right the multiple greens exist all over, as in arms, legs, sabers, etc... which would double this total and be very hard to shop for.
Just busting chops...lol its quite a feat having what you have.

Reaction score
Got the last one last night:

That looks awesome! Would be fun to have them displayed framed or something, with a yellow background like the back of Kenner cardbacks.

I am almost jealous 😁 but this figure never even made it to Europe anyways. I've been looking around everywhere to get at least one of them to keep carded, but it seems impossible to find for a decent price over here.

Reaction score
I got pretty luck with getting these on Target.com. Never saw the figure in stores which Target claimed was going to happen. In my area ah no.

Reaction score
hey you now need both light and dark green....lol
Seeing both the dark and lighter green, I gotta say I prefer the lighter. It matches the brightness of the other colors, where the darker green just seems off compared to the rest.