Darth Vader Collectors Gallery Statue

Reaction score
I saw this as well and came over to see what scummers were saying. Its definitely the 1/6 scale kneeling vader. Might have a few subtle changes from version 1. I guess if you missed version 1 a person could buy version 2.

Reaction score
Looks like it but its a new line of 1/8. lol
GG just get the bust line right and stop with the other lines. lol

Reaction score
I really like the look of this one. It seems like a better value to me than the recent mini busts, but I don't have anything to compare it to, price-wise.

Reaction score
even though I've got the original i think I may buy the smaller version too as I've been looking for ways to save space & it might be a small way to assist me there (i.e. replacement).

Reaction score
That does look cool and the price is seemingly good as well... Depending on the size, of course!

Reaction score
I've sold the majority of my large GG collection, and even lost interest in the Emperor PGM bust i ordered last year, when that arrives i'll most likely flip too.

Reaction score
Basically a rehash of a sold out statue from several year ago? Easy pass. I'll stick to the original statue, no need to downgrade or size.

Reaction score
I have to fix my original, (batteries leaked) but I love the original. Plus mine is autographed by Dave Prowse, so... yea. I won't be letting that go for a while. Although this is a decent substitute for those who can't/didn't pick up the first one with the light up base.

Reaction score
I had the original and sold it. As much as I loved the statue I'm not going to be picking this up. Getting tired of GG just scaning old stuff, adjusting the size and printing it out. The cool thing about the original was the light up base. Hope this one sells well so we could get more NEW statues at this scale.

Reaction score
Lazy is the only word that comes to mind.

Just a re-hash of the original statue in a smaller scale and cheaper price.

Whats worrying me is that there is a whole back catalogue of statues (or busts) that GG can re-hash with a different size or base and re-sell back to us with literally minimal effort. The thing that was so imposing in the first place with this statue was the size and the light up base.

Reaction score
Why re-release this statue when you are so behind with other products, a similar thing happened to Attakus too. I give you that kneeling Vader is one of GG's best statues, and being smaller shouldn't affect the value of the old one. But there are so many other things GG could have made instead and keep the (shrinking) fan base happy. But I guess, like the other members said, the term lazy is one defining this release, plus the term cash cow I'd add.

Waiting for their scaled Dewback, Scout on speederbike, Rancor and others. Especially if they make a third or fourth re-release in MicroMachines scale LOL

Reaction score
I have the original, a great sculpt by the way, and I'm happy with it. I don't need a rehash in a smaller scale, so I'll pass. The original 1/6 scale statue retailed for around $200.00 during its 2007 release, offered sharper details being a bigger sculpt, and had a light up base. This one doesn't light up, it's 3" smaller and it is only $50.00 less than the original. I don't see much value for money there. That said, I'm happy for folks that due to space issues can benefit from this as a useful space saving collectible, and for those getting a second chance at a sculpt they might have missed when it was first released.

What I can't comprehend is why they are rehashing stuff instead of creating new product. We need new sculpts, new designs, not more of what's already been delivered. I'll never understand their business practices.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It probably sold well the first time around, since already have the sculpt it's cheaper to produce than an original one.

If they have to sell every statue in 5 different scales to make their money I'm ok with that... at least they are doing something...

I have the original, a great sculpt by the way, and I'm happy with it. I don't need a rehash in a smaller scale, so I'll pass. The original 1/6 scale statue retailed for around $200.00 during its 2007 release, offered sharper details being a bigger sculpt, and had a light up base. This one doesn't light up, it's 3" smaller and it is only $50.00 less than the original. I don't see much value for money there. That said, I'm happy for folks that due to space issues can benefit from this as a useful space saving collectible, and for those getting a second chance at a sculpt they might have missed when it was first released.

What I can't comprehend is why they are rehashing stuff instead of creating new product. We need new sculpts, new designs, not more of what's already been delivered. I'll never understand their business practices.

Reaction score
Yeh already in a niche market, the last thing you should make is a rehashed item it's fans/collectors already own.

Reaction score
In addition to be smaller, it does not light up too. Still, one of the best position of Vader (2nd place for me, 1st being Attakus V2).

Reaction score
The statue does look good, and the price strikes me as surprisingly reasonable, but the fact that they're just rehashing an older statue, along with the new bust line at GameStop, really makes me think GG is focused on getting new collectors in much more than keeping the base they have. I have the original statue and really like it, I'll be passing on this one.

Reaction score
The statue does look good, and the price strikes me as surprisingly reasonable, but the fact that they're just rehashing an older statue, along with the new bust line at GameStop, really makes me think GG is focused on getting new collectors in much more than keeping the base they have. I have the original statue and really like it, I'll be passing on this one.

Yeah, they probably don't want us around anymore as we've got too complacent. lol ;)

Reaction score
It does look nice. I don't own the original version. I had the chance several years ago but didn't pull the trigger and lost out. I ran the price on this and to deliver to me in PA the cost is $192 & change.

Reaction score
Can you imagine the staff meetings at GG last year?

GG1: Hey, Episode VII is coming with the ORIGINAL cast plus brand new troopers, droids, aliens, and another Sith Lord. What new products should we produce?
GG2: How about we re-release the Kneeling Vader statue? Only this time it will be 2 inches smaller!
GG1: BRILLIANT!!
Chris: <mutters to self> Oh this is going to be fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can you imagine the staff meetings at GG last year?

GG1: Hey, Episode VII is coming with the ORIGINAL cast plus brand new troopers, droids, aliens, and another Sith Lord. What new products should we produce?
GG2: How about we re-release the Kneeling Vader statue? Only this time it will be 2 inches smaller!
GG1: BRILLIANT!!
Chris: <mutters to self> Oh this is going to be fun.

Do you mean they actually had a meeting? :)

Reaction score
It does look nice. I don't own the original version. I had the chance several years ago but didn't pull the trigger and lost out. I ran the price on this and to deliver to me in PA the cost is $192 & change.

Putting aside the rehash issue, the statue is a great sculpt. If you feel the price is reasonably set within your budget and you really like this Vader, get it. You won't be disappointed with it.

Reaction score
Putting aside the rehash issue, the statue is a great sculpt. If you feel the price is reasonably set within your budget and you really like this Vader, get it. You won't be disappointed with it.

LS,
I agree with you. It does look great and is a nice piece no matter the size. It will be on my list.

Reaction score
The original GG kneeling Vader statue has one of the best and most impressive poses among all Vader statues out there. Only Attakus Vader 1 has a better pose and maybe the small 1/10 Koto, all others, including Attakus Vader 2, the other Koto and GG Vaders, the Sideshow PF statues (both), and even the uber expensive Cinemaquette, are not so cool as this GG kneeling version.

Reaction score
But there are so many other things GG could have made instead and keep the (shrinking) fan base happy.

I think what GG is going for is new fans; ones that have never collected GG before. Just like the OTA Darth Vader and Stormy busts they just made with the new bases. If I'm wrong then who the F knows?!?!

Reaction score
I think what GG is going for is new fans; ones that have never collected GG before. Just like the OTA Darth Vader and Stormy busts they just made with the new bases. If I'm wrong then who the F knows?!?!

"F" must be the one running their strategy for product releases. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score

New Stormy bust with new base??? I saw the armless Vader but a Stormy too..., that one I missed.

Reaction score
Is the exact same light up base statue from several years ago?

Mike, it is the exact same statue from 2007, scale down by approximately three inches, and without a light up feature. This was already confirmed by Chris from Gentle Giant.

Reaction score
Ah, l had a feeling this was the case.
Thanks Lightsword for confirmation.
Looks like Gentle Giant miss out on my money once again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the UK this statue is £170, that's not expensive really but since seeing the comparison pic Chris provided & knowing just how small the Malgus mini statue is, it's made me ponder as to whether I really want it that small or not?!? One thing I like about the original is that it catches your eye when you enter the room, many people have commented on it when seeing it..., it's an imposing piece & I'm not sure a tiny statue will have the same wow factor (if any wow factor at all). :\

Last edited:
Reaction score
Funny, I would have bought it if it was in the same scale than Malgus... that's the problem of creating in a very wide range of scales... you try to match the new ones with the ones you already have, if it works it works, if it doesn't you have to think if you really need it... it's a nice statue though.

In the UK this statue is £170, that's not expensive really but since seeing the comparison pic Chris provided & knowing just how small the Malgus mini statue is, it's made me ponder as to whether I really want it that small or not?!? One thing I like about the original is that it catches your eye when you enter the room, many people have commented on it when seeing it..., it's an imposing piece & I'm not sure a tiny statue will have the same wow factor (if any wow factor at all). :\

Last edited: