Darth Vader - A New Hope Mini Bust

Reaction score
I honesty don't know what it is everyone's complaining about. GG paid attention and has updated the look of the bust. And here we are always saying they don't listen ... Gee! :)

View attachment 379254

I would buy it haha!

Where did you get that helmet for the Lt. Renz bust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He used one from the 12 Hasbro. I believe Jedi534 mentioned a few times before. I like it. But now you know ... the rest of the story.

Reaction score
Where did you get that helmet for the Lt. Renz bust?

Yes that was from a 12" Hasbro figure. GG seriously needs to make this happen as well!
full

Reaction score
Yeah thats awesome and I'm tempted to do the same. Does it just go over his sculpted cap or did you have to rough up the original some to make it work?

Reaction score
Oh, my...I just thought the plastic hard hat fit over the top...lol. Too extreme for me, but nice mod none-the-less.

Reaction score
Oh, my...I just thought the plastic hard hat fit over the top...lol. Too extreme for me, but nice mod none-the-less.

Likewise! Too extreme for me as well, but I do like it!

Reaction score
Yes that was from a 12" Hasbro figure. GG seriously needs to make this happen as well!
full

I like what you did here. What did you use to cut off the top of the hat to fit the helmet? I'm thinking of using your idea if I can find a second Rentz on the cheap side and a helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I never thought a half chopped off head could look so properly useful on a mini bust. Really good idea, mate.

1615024280940.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
For a long time I campaigned for an ANH Vader bust.

This? This looks like garbage.

Too little, too late. I've begun selling my GG collection. I'll keep maybe 2 pieces, but I just don't have any room for this **** anymore.

Reaction score
Looks nice but agree, enough versions of Vader out there. My very first mini bust purchase was the ROTS version and that marked the beginning of my GG addiction. It's really when I upgraded from going store-to-store hunting Hasbro figures to buying high end collectibles, mostly online. Bought Vader Aug. 6, 2006 at Wizard World Chicago for a mere $35. Wow that was super cheap and a long time ago; this August will be 15 years with me.

Reaction score
Max, I think most of us remember the first Mini Bust we got, the one that started the addiction :) I clearly remember having a choice between some action figures or getting the Luke Stormtrooper mini bust in 2004 (when it was first released) as credit for the graphic work I did for another website where I was a staff member. The site is no longer around, hasn't been for a few years, but I still have Luke displayed. Every now and then I look directly at him and say: "Damn you! You've made me spent thousands on Polystone!" Time flies, buddy, but it's all in good fun.

Reaction score
My first was the MBNA "Chrome" Vader. Don't have it anymore. I'm just...I dunno man. I'm getting old, the kids need room for their stuff, it feels sort of selfish to want a "room" or a "collection" area for myself that's anything more than one shelf, so...yeah.

Reaction score
My first was the MBNA "Chrome" Vader. Don't have it anymore. I'm just...I dunno man. I'm getting old, the kids need room for their stuff, it feels sort of selfish to want a "room" or a "collection" area for myself that's anything more than one shelf, so...yeah.
Man , I've stopped collecting and sold almost everything twice already. And I ALWAYS come back ! Star Wars and collecting are in my blood , part of me , as goofy as that sounds. I just enjoy it all too much to give it all up. My Wife wants a home office now. So , I'm giving her my small room upstairs because family comes first. But I'm also not mad that it means my entire collection can finally come downstairs to my den area !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Looking forward to in-hand photos. This bust was one of many, many pre-orders I canceled out of concerns for quality, space, budgeting, etc.

Reaction score
I received this one today and well, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. The sculpt and paint job are just fine but he suffers from the "Airborne Trooper Syndrome", he is severely undersized. Kind of unacceptable to me that he's smaller (by quite a bit) than the ANH Kenobi they released a few years ago. I was planning on displaying these two together on a small shelf but I'll be rethinking that one now.

Attachments

• New Vader.jpg
    New Vader.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 77
Reaction score
I received this one today and well, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. The sculpt and paint job are just fine but he suffers from the "Airborne Trooper Syndrome", he is severely undersized. Kind of unacceptable to me that he's smaller (by quite a bit) than the ANH Kenobi they released a few years ago. I was planning on displaying these two together on a small shelf but I'll be rethinking that one now.
wow, that's honestly not even close to the right scale! if anything they could have overscaled him a bit but honestly it looks kind of silly next to obi wan

Reaction score
That is shocking in the worst possible way. I assume it's not even close to the 8" advertised on GG's site?

"A Gentle Giant Ltd. release! The Dark Lord of the Sith ignites his crimson lightsaber blade in this all-new 1/6 scale mini-bust! Depicting Darth Vader with his cape in one hand and lightsaber in the other, this approximately 8-inch bust features detailed sculpting and paint applications. Limited to only 2500 pieces, it comes packaged with a numbered certificate of authenticity in a full-color box. Designed by the Silva Bros., sculpted by Anissa Tchoub."

Last edited: