Darth Vader 2022 Mythos statue

Reaction score
Love this. With that cape, it looks like he will take up A LOT OF SPACE though. Sigh, my shelves.

Reaction score
Really liking the look of this piece, hopefully they'll be a cool swap out to go along with it.

Yeah, I was thinking that an alternate head perhaps with damage to the mask that reveals a small portion of his face would be cool.

Typically the mythos statues are one of my favourite lines. I also understand that they are designed to give us a view of a character that would we would not have seen from a movie and by definition there are some creative liberties that are taken. That said, I'm really not sure that I like this adaption of Vader. In particular, it seems odd to me that he would be wearing what looks like a robe. I also don't like the bulge on the blade near the hilt.

Ultimately, I think that this is one that I need to see the final reveal on before I decide on it.

Reaction score
I love the look of this one but I already having the original mythos and a the ROTJ PF so I don’t know if I will get this one. There are so many other things I want coming out soon and others that I feel will soon be released that will make me wait. But if it’s in stock at one point like the other recent Mythos I might just pick it up.
I would have also liked for SS to do a Jedi Luke in this format before we got a repeat of all the characters we have gotten 2 of.

Reaction score
amazing looking after the last 2 duds of Obi/ Anakin. Hopefully something new from remaking the first ones in different poses. Although the Vader and Maul are definitely upgrades; I'd personally like unmade characters, still love to see that concept grevious teased years ago.

Reaction score
I I will have to wait on the full reveal as well, and agree that a more diverse character lineup would be better. I guess what sells, sells. I just have too many Vaders including the original Mythos, so it will have to be something really cool to get me to take the plunge.

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the original Mythos Vader posed with one of the reveal heads staring at the mask he holds in his hand - and prefer it over this one from that pic. I wish they'd invest the time spent on the re-treads to get something new out.

I agree. I really regret not picking up the original Vader mythos.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking that an alternate head perhaps with damage to the mask that reveals a small portion of his face would be cool.

Typically the mythos statues are one of my favourite lines. I also understand that they are designed to give us a view of a character that would we would not have seen from a movie and by definition there are some creative liberties that are taken. That said, I'm really not sure that I like this adaption of Vader. In particular, it seems odd to me that he would be wearing what looks like a robe. I also don't like the bulge on the blade near the hilt.

Ultimately, I think that this is one that I need to see the final reveal on before I decide on it.

Thanks for listening to me Sideshow. ;)

Seriously though, this statue is sweet!! The one concern that I have is the cape, while awesome, looks like it could be susceptible to cracking or chipping given how thin it looks.

This is one of those instances where there is absolutely no doubt that the higher price for the exclusive is worth it.

Last edited: