Darth Revan

Reaction score
And I am sorry to say this but you also disregarded the following:

This was something that you quoted before making your reply. Don't believe me? Go back to your own reply and realize that it is the very last thing I said before you made your first response. Heck, here is a link to the very quote (post #108) you have quoted: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1139460&page=11&p=20196037&viewfull=1#post20196037

Note that I did not edit anything, and that you included it in your first response. And since your response is post #109, editing it now would prove that you quoted me saying that I might be wrong. Something you are now claiming I did not say. And honestly? All of this proves that you are a liar. And for what? Some illogical reason where you want to be right? I mean seriously... We're done here.

Send me a private message when you have the courage to admit that you lied, and that you are sorry for the way you treated me here, and nothing more. Because until you can do that, we have nothing to say to each other. And I am saying this as politely as possible because that is what adult fans should be doing in cases like this one.
I've only ever commented on your initial claim that Hasbro never said it was a repack:

But they did actually announce it was going to be a repack when it was shown in the slideshow originally. They received mixed feedback at the time, and the complaints have increased since.

My comment responding to you was simply noting that they did officially reveal that it was a repack, more than once, so when you said they didn't, that was inaccurate (ie: not a fact).

At no point did I say that you never made a "disclaimer" that you might be wrong. You cant fabricate a different meaning for my comments. These quotes from you, "
people ignored the fact that they never directly said that they would reissue that specific figure" and "
Hasbro never did say that the figure would be a straight repack."
are the only basis for my responses. Calling someone a liar, when that's clearly not the case, is entirely unacceptable.

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0xWbVDBRc

At 4:23 everyone can see and hear the proof, and disregard the hearsay.
Yep, and for further proof there's even the SDCC Hasbro panel from last year (TVC 2019 part starts around 28:30). They talk about re-packs and bringing characters that weren't in TVC before into the line and then reveal Scarif Stormtrooper, Elite Praetorian Guard and Revan. They then give some fans the opportunity to reveal some of the new figures which were the Stormtrooper, Solo Lando and Death Star Gunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OugcWagrHl4&t=1724s

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've only ever commented on your initial claim that Hasbro never said it was a repack:
That is not an apology for what I would have accepted as a flub. It's a poor excuse to avoid admitting that you did lie when you said the following:

darth_sidious said:
My comment responding to you was simply noting that they did officially reveal that it was a repack, more than once, so when you said they didn't, that was inaccurate (ie: not a fact). ;)
Because you wanted me to be seen as wrong, not as me needing a confirmation that I am wrong. Which makes your excuses more harmful than helpful. So just do the right thing and either apologize or drop the need to continue your charade. Because the part you also ignored was me saying that fans complain just about anything these days. And that most of these complaints come from sources that claim this was said, that was said, and not entirely what was really said. :p

And instead of going on about this, I'll point out why Hasbro was planning to make Revan #150: 2018 is Knights of the Old Republic's 15th anniversary. When you add a decimal point, the 150 becomes 15.0, which contributes to the fact the game series that Darth Revan debuted in premiered in 2003. Which makes sense if they ended up deciding to push him out in 2019. Because both Hasbro and Tomy (aka TakaraTomy) have a history of announcing an anniversary piece on the year it debuted, and having it put up for sale a year later. Which is why I am claiming that Lucasfilms, Ltd. asked them to drop this plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0xWbVDBRc

At 4:23 everyone can see and hear the proof, and disregard the hearsay.
Speaking of hearsay, you need to listen to the rest of that topic. I will not stoop to your level. I will not use correctly defined words that are based on your attitude towards me. I will point out that everything past the 4:23 mark not only has me feel happy that I am wrong... It also makes your "The fans complaining is why they dropped the figure." a definite hearsay. So until you can admit that you treated me poorly, our conversation is over. So carry on, carry on if you want to act like you are not wrong. :p

Reaction score
That is not an apology for what I would have accepted as a flub. It's a poor excuse to avoid admitting that you did lie when you said the following:

Because you wanted me to be seen as wrong, not as me needing a confirmation that I am wrong. Which makes your excuses more harmful than helpful. So just do the right thing and either apologize or drop the need to continue your charade. Because the part you also ignored was me saying that fans complain just about anything these days. And that most of these complaints come from sources that claim this was said, that was said, and not entirely what was really said. :p

And instead of going on about this, I'll point out why Hasbro was planning to make Revan #150: 2018 is Knights of the Old Republic's 15th anniversary. When you add a decimal point, the 150 becomes 15.0, which contributes to the fact the game series that Darth Revan debuted in premiered in 2003. Which makes sense if they ended up deciding to push him out in 2019. Because both Hasbro and Tomy (aka TakaraTomy) have a history of announcing an anniversary piece on the year it debuted, and having it put up for sale a year later. Which is why I am claiming that Lucasfilms, Ltd. asked them to drop this plan.

Speaking of hearsay, you need to listen to the rest of that topic. I will not stoop to your level. I will not use correctly defined words that are based on your attitude towards me. I will point out that everything past the 4:23 mark not only has me feel happy that I am wrong... It also makes your "The fans complaining is why they dropped the figure." a definite hearsay. So until you can admit that you treated me poorly, our conversation is over. So carry on, carry on if you want to act like you are not wrong. :p
I get it...this must be some type of elaborate trolling. I'm not looking for you to accept anything other than reality, lol. My above comment was not an apology and never will be. I've never once met an adult male that asked me to PM him with an apology for something they created in their head, that's why this has to be a joke. You have an "interesting" sense of humor. Now that your assertions have been proven wrong, hopefully you'll rest easy knowing that doing your homework goes a long way. NOW the conversation is over.

Reaction score
Yep, and for further proof there's even the SDCC Hasbro panel from last year (TVC 2019 part starts around 28:30). They talk about re-packs and bringing characters that weren't in TVC before into the line and then reveal Scarif Stormtrooper, Elite Praetorian Guard and Revan. They then give some fans the opportunity to reveal some of the new figures which were the Stormtrooper, Solo Lando and Death Star Gunner.
I was hoping that either he, or somebody else, would have post that video after I said that it would also prove me wrong. The video he did offer was a little late, but it also confirms the fact that they would have reissued it even if the fans had issues with the mold. :p Which does not surprise me. Then again, the only defense I can give Hasbro is that they did not give Revan the same treatment they gave D&D 4e. :awesome:

With that said... I need to prepare some free time to play Star Wars: The Old Republic again. Because this is making me want to play as a Bounty Hunter that wears modified Republic troop armor. Plus I am only one figure away from completing the first phase of my "Canadian" Boba Fett sub-focus. So I am going to bow out of this topic and hope doing so will have it be fun for you again. :)

Reaction score
I get it...this must be some type of elaborate trolling.
That is a good use of defamation. Because who again was the one claiming that I could be wrong? Oh yes, that would be me! And who is the one making statements that are purposely antagonizing the person they have no respect for? That would be you. Because according to the rules here, "Posting with the specific purpose of angering other members--trolling--will not be tolerated." And yet you are perfectly fine angering me with claims that define both flaming and trolling. At least that is what I am experiencing, and the forums here define as such.

Now off to the next claim!

I'm not looking for you to accept anything other than reality, lol.
You mean this reality?

Again, the feedback was based on speculation. Hasbro never did say that the figure would be a straight repack. Nor are many aware that BioWare gave Darth Revan a definitive look in their MMORPG's expansion (Shadows of Revan). Because of those two factors, along with the mystery to why they are tight-lip on this, should be a good indication that is not the case. So until they say if it will be a Legends, a movie, or both... The fact that the headscupt alone is already outdated is a good indication that people are complaining over an unconfirmed speculation.

But this is me speaking. And what I a saying might not be 100% accurate. There might be some obscure video having them say it was their original intent to repack it. So until then... Carry on, carry on.
According to you, you only focused on everything but this last statement. You have only noted a fraction of my first statement that omits how fans act, and the fact that my second has me cap things off with me saying that I could always be wrong. Which was pointed out to you after you made a statement that has you claim I never said it. And instead of saying that was a flub on your behalf, which I would have respected even if it was not the truth, you admitted to making an actual effort to ignore that statement. Which makes everything you say now that much worse for you.

darth_sidious said:
My above comment was not an apology and never will be. I've never once met an adult male that asked me to PM him with an apology for something they created in their head, that's why this has to be a joke. You have an "interesting" sense of humor. Now that your assertions have been proven wrong, hopefully you'll rest easy knowing that doing your homework goes a long way. NOW the conversation is over.
Really. Here is a "joke" for you: I was an active forum moderator for 8 years at a different forum. The #1 rule being one is to have people keep their personal squabbles private, and even intervene on those if it results in harassment, etc. The reason to keep anything off-topic private is so both sides can keep things out of topics (like this one) free of the issues you have started. And in the case of my request, it was also a means of maintaining the image you think you have here. But since you have no respect for anybody but yourself, and have accused me of being you, our conversation has ended. As are the violations you have committed.

I will hope you realize that I respected you because you have a blog that is the most interesting topic I have ever come across. But since you respect yourself more, there is nothing to say here. Because when only one side shows respect, the side showing respect gets to be attacked more when they wanted the other to resolve this privately. Hence why I hope that whichever acting mod will discipline you for not doing what is the adult thing to do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe there is a misunderstanding going on here, I don't see where an apology is needed over what was said. DS is hardly one I would consider to ever to make nonfactual comments or insult people.

Unlike half the community here.

Reaction score
I believe there is a misunderstanding going on here, I don't see where an apology is needed over what was said.
I still want to believe that as well. But I also know that you don't know me. So I will not expect you to understand my side of this situation.

DS is hardly one I would consider to ever to make nonfactual comments or insult people.
Then I was the first. That is all I can say. So yay me?

Unlike half the community here.
Which is why I am anti-hearsay. Long reply short, the worst this community can offer is tied to pieces of hearsay that nobody is willing to fact-check on. And it is also why I will always say that it is why Japan had Star Wars themed suits for sale, and those in North America (and maybe Europe) were offered adult-sized Underoos.

With that said... I think that my time past this point should used on finding a friendlier forum for me to attend.

GNT

Reaction score
Let it go thanks, we don't need to get into an argument over it.

As far as I know Revan was meant to be a direct reissue as the first figure was pretty scarce and Hasbro wanted to get some of the harder to find figures back on the shelf. If Hasbro wants to change it or whatever they can freely do so. If it's new I'll buy it.

Lets just move on.

Reaction score
Regardless I do feel that it is a shame, there were several people looking forward to this release for the simple fact that they never found him the first time. Plus he fetches well over $100 on ebay.
Sure people would rather have an updated version after all this time, to align with current figure's looks. I'm one of those people. But not at the expense of never getting him at all.

I definitely didn't think it was worth fan outcry of not wanting him etc. But just a clarification to Hasbro we would have preferred a newer version, or at the very least new legs and head?
But dialog is something that never happens, they make a decision and we live with it or complain about it. In their defense a repack of Revan was something that was long sought after, and continually requested for years. Right up until a few years back, when the 6' version was made. So how would anyone just accept a seemingly inferior sculpt after seeing TBS figure?

IMO, Malak is the figure most in need of an totally new sculpt. Just look at that head and mask, not to mention those swivel elbows.

None of this seems likely though due to them being old EU/Legends characters. After all, it took them 12 years to finally reissue Revan. Then get lambasted for doing so. Think we'll ever get someone we actually want again? lol

Though it's not like Collectors don't have a point, how well would a repack of a 12 year old figure go over in any era of Modern Collecting? Some figures simply do not age well.

Perhaps if that new Trilogy for GoT crew comes about, and it is set in ToR. Hopefully these characters will some how be used and we'll see a renewed interest.

Reaction score
I know Hasbro needs time to get things moving, but of course, a repack can be produced a lot faster than a new figure. The problem is really who Hasbro is listening to when they make their decision and if the message gets sent in the right way/received in the right way.

Once the 6" version came out, I can't think of any reason why Hasbro would want to repack a less articulated version of the same character for the TVC line knowing that fans would then demand a newer version. Once a mold is obsolete, it's almost betterfor them to just retire it (in the character actually has a chance of being made again).

Reaction score
Straight repack is easiest, and they were likely looking for wave filler anyways. So it worked. Otherwise they could have taken the time to even kitbash with different legs at least. And add SG skirt. Unfortunately that takes time that they probably didn't have. If they can "adjust" repacks with that Photo real paint app, surely they can alter them a bit more? IDK what's involved in that process.

In all honesty though, they could have just reissued K'kruhk and likely pleased a lot of people. Personally there's only so many repacks I'm interested in, and what they're doing currently isn't quite up my alley.
They really need to pepper in some of these HTF figures of Legends characters. Tholme is another one I'd like to have.

Reaction score
I agree. They’re looking for reasons to repack, and may rather bring back like twenty old figures before issuing a completely new one. As such, rare old figures like K’Kruhk or Tholme (because their molds already exist) may be technically possible.

But the problem is their EU/Legacy status. Disney be hating the old EU, and maybe also be hating essentially anything not new media. And Hasbro be hating hard-to-sell non-main characters. It would take a miracle to see these kind of guys again. Revan, though, is on a different level of desirability, and had gotten a Black Series figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think they pulled this for several reasons. Most people would like a new version. I know I would. They may want to devote this spot to an upcoming Triple Force Friday figure instead. There have been a lot of rumors that KOTOR is going to be the next trilogy or Disney Plus show. Obviously Revan was a major character. They will likely tweak the character and look. Or it was just some other reason we don't know about. He will come one way or another but I think doubt it will be the same figure re-packed.

Reaction score
Not that it really matter but Amazon cancelled my "pre-order" via email due to product unavailability.

Reaction score
they announced that an all-new figure was coming because of the blowback they received about the 2007 figure’s reissue
Can someone explain where Paul @ JTA is getting this news from? I know the figure was pulled, but I haven't seen any confirmation of an all-new figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can someone explain where Paul @ JTA is getting this news from? I know the figure was pulled, but I haven't seen any confirmation of an all-new figure?
I don't know either. There has been no official announcement that an all-new Revan figure is coming. JTA do have sources so it could well be that Paul has found out from his sources that an all-new Revan is coming (which would be great) but there has been no official announcement from Hasbro that a new one is coming.

Reaction score
It's likely just some fan's wet dream that they decided to fake news about for their 15 minutes.

I believe that rumor when the actual figure is physically in my hand!

Reaction score
Looks like it was confirmed today that Revan has been removed from TVC due to fan response and was replaced by Yavin Leia. Saw this in the article on Jeditemplearchives

Reaction score
Looks like it was confirmed today that Revan has been removed from TVC due to fan response and was replaced by Yavin Leia. Saw this in the article on Jeditemplearchives

I think you omitted the worst part of that news:

"The following news may annoy TVC fans, according to Hasbro Leia takes Revan’s place in the wave and Hasbro has NO plans to put Revan back in the line. The previously planned repacked Revan was removed from the line because of fan response, but no new figure will be made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Fan response"? I would have thought the fans would have gone nuts over a Revan re-release.

Or was it a case of everyone having minor nitpicks about the original figure that drowned out the conversation?

Reaction score
So rather than having a 2nd opportunity to acquire one of the hardest to find 3.75" figures in recent memory and on a slick new vintage cardback at that, we won't get anything at all. Great job never satisfied fans!

Reaction score
"Fan response"? I would have thought the fans would have gone nuts over a Revan re-release.

Or was it a case of everyone having minor nitpicks about the original figure that drowned out the conversation?
The major issues were the inaccurate helmet and a lack of knee and ankle articulation. Some said it wasn't up to the TVC standard, which they repeated. Oddly enough, they're repacking ceremony Leia, and she has zero leg articulation, which makes both decisions a bit fishy. They probably think Leia will sell fine, which is true. Some also wanted a softgoods cape and skirt like the TBS figure. They may have figured not enough people would buy an already niche figure, so they canned it. Most of us have the original release, so unless they release a 3.75 scale version of the TBS figure, sales may have been limited. Personally, I like the figure, because I'm not an articulation fanatic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Basically they're too lazy to re-tool the figure so they're just removing him completely. Oh well. With any luck, they'll keep Revan in the Old Republic film or films and we'll see him in updated figure form eventually.

Reaction score
So out of all the gripes made by the fans that is the one they listen to? Great
Exactly.....just mind boggling. The odd thing is that the last Hasbro said about Revan or at least what a number of fan sites were reporting was that Revan would be an all-new figure and that was the reason for it being delayed.

However, I'm really wondering if the Feige project or one of the other film projects being discussed might have Revan in it. If so, it would be logical for Hasbro to hold off on a figure of Revan.
E

Reaction score
3.75 tooling is different from 6. Shrinking is made difficult by both scales having different articulation. Especially knnes and elbows.

Reaction score
Nobody is expecting a straight down-scale from the 6" figure, as that scale's articulation scheme is virtually impossible to downsize and remain sturdy. The double knees would become super loose.
What we were expecting was a new sculpt based on the same digital model the 6" version was made from. Compare TBS6 Bossk to the Saga Legends version f.e.
They took a digital sculpt and gave it different articulation cuts for both scales. We wanted that, but with a decent 14 points of articulation.

Reaction score
3.75 tooling is different from 6. Shrinking is made difficult by both scales having different articulation. Especially knnes and elbows.
Obviously. No one is asking for an exact match. But it wouldn't be the first time they took the digital file from one scale and utilized it for the other.

Reaction score
TBH this is just too comical, And all I can do is laugh. Because as Just Chuck is right, out of all the complaints over the last how many years. This one time they listen to a handful of people and totally cancel?
Not only that but happen to have a figure waiting in the wings for this exact slot? Exactly when did this complaining campaign happen in order for them to swap out the figure?

While I was torn 50/50 on this getting are-release, I'd rather have the reissue over nothing! I can understand constructive criticism about us needing a new sculpt on par with the TBS figure, versus a 15 year old repack. Heck, they could have easily done what they've done with most of the repacks in TVC. And at the very least made a new head. So i feel no planning was even put into it, they were simply looking for filler and went with a long requested repack. Finally! Problem was it's bit too late for it to be well received in the modern line.

Out of all the blunders made, i think this one will go down as one of the most idiotic. And for the oddest reasons/excuses. Besides, who cares? How often do Fans complain about already released figures anyways?
Over just about anything?

IDK.... I think them canceling it is just about them to sticking it to us, while at the same time putting the blame on the fans.

Reaction score
They run their company like a kid in an argument on the playground. There aren’t any adults in the room. We’re petty—it’s true—but we have every right to complain about the CONSTANT repacks. Hasbro are children to respond this way, screwing thousands and blaming a few.

Hey Hasbro, I don’t like that you repacked that Jawa. I want a new one! So, are you going to cancel it now? It’s utterly unbelievable. An actual corporation, blaming customers. It’s a new level of unbelievable.

Reaction score
I'm not definding Hasbro's actions, but there was quite a bit of negative backlash and vocal feedback when they announced Revan was just a repack. So what did people expect? Honestly, in this case Hasbro was pretty much damned if they did and damned if they didn't. Again, not necessarily agreeing with their decision, but also don't understand why people are surprised. There were a bunch of articles and YT videos pretty angry that a 12-yr-old figure was being repacked for the VC.

I think it boils down to one thing -- the voices that wanted a new Revan were much louder than the voices that wanted the repack.

Reaction score
You’re right. But they didn’t give us the new figure. They listened to the complainers but not the requesters. It’s such a weird way to do business.

Reaction score
Why are people so upset that a 12 year old awful figure isn't getting a re-release? Those of you that dont own this abomination that are upset it's not coming out...take my word for it you aren't missing anything. At all.

Reaction score
TBH, I think what happened is that LFL caught wind that Revan would be released around the same time as the Knight of Ren. Which they felt they looked too similar and would cause confusion. Same thing that has always happened when an EU characters clashes with a Canon character. So to save face Hasbro pulls it and blames a handful of fans at a convention.

Because when was the last time they did something this drastic over fan backlash?

Regardless of whether this figure should have been reissued or not, is another issue altogether. It's simply principle now, about how things are done behind the scenes.

Reaction score
Am looking at this figure in hand, and its still a rather crappy figure. The Malak was much much worse(aside from the jaw feature which was cool). I don't think anyone is missing much since a far superior figure exists in the 6 inch line. Having said that Hasbro could have easily retooled and repainted this figure like they been doing a lot lately for the TVC or alternatively scaled down the superior sculpt altogether BS version. Either option would not of been difficult. I do have a suspicion they will eventually make this happen but probably not for another 2 years give or take. Hopefully they do, but of course they may never do it.

I feel sorry for people that probably sold off their older figure to get the TVC release though,lol.