Darth Revan

Reaction score
Okay, so based on this statement.
Darth Revan was removed from the latest VTC wave because of the fan reaction to his inclusion as a repack. Instead, Hasbro included the all new Death Star Gunner.

Does this mean we will not be getting him at all, even as a new figure sculpt? While I wasn't excited about it being an "older" repack, I would have taken him if it was our only chance to get him. I do still need this figure, as I never found him at retail. Just curious what the status is now, since it seemed to be glossed over with their DSG inclusion.

I truly hope this means they will consider releasing a new sculpt.

Reaction score
This is a sad but somewhat inevitable development. At SDCC (maybe Toy Fare) two years ago, Evans got pretty defensive when asked why Hasbro was doing so few “Legends” (old EU) characters, which is a reaction I guess one can understand. But his response was that they were going to do Revan, so—what else do you want from us? The thing is, it was a ten-year-old figure he was using as his example of Hasbro’s fan concern. People just mocked him further for such a repack, the all-time most blatant repack (I was very unfortunately one of the cat-callers). They removed Revan from the assortment just right after that. Now, because of that mess, the character may never see an update, perhaps now always to be considered as “toxic.” But they DID do him in 6”, so you never know.

Reaction score
I think its a positive development, they realized that the old sculpt, while good, doesn't cut it for 2019 TVC. Hopefully they reduce the size of the 6 inch figure and go with that, even if it takes another year.

Reaction score
Yes. Ultimately, the decision to remove it was a good idea. I just hope that they replace it with a new sculpt.

Reaction score
Yes. Ultimately, the decision to remove it was a good idea. I just hope that they replace it with a new sculpt.
That's the big question mark here because the Hasbro guy did not explicitly say, "we removed the old one and will replace it with a new mold." He just said they removed the old figure from the TVC line.

As much as I'd like to see them give us a new sculpt of Darth Revan, I think Hasbro has just tossed this figure completely from the line.
T

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was or wasn't revan a fan choice for the in a poll or am I tbinking of tac? If a fan choice for the, then Hasbro needs to redo the fig and release it

Reaction score
Was or wasn't revan a fan choice for the in a poll or am I tbinking of tac? If a fan choice for the, then Hasbro needs to redo the fig and release it
It was a fan choice way back. There hasn't been a TVC/3.75" fan choice since Aphra won a couple of years back.

I really hope Hasbro has a new Revan in the pipeline. I mean, if they can really just use the 6" as a model to make a new Revan mold for TVC, then it would only be a matter of time.

Like I said before, the question for me is, did Hasbro listen to the fans completely (meaning, make us a whole new Revan in 3.75" like the 6" one) or did they only selectively hear fans say, "we don't want that old Revan mold" ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was a fan choice way back. There hasn't been a TVC/3.75" fan choice since Aphra won a couple of years back.

I really hope Hasbro has a new Revan in the pipeline. I mean, if they can really just use the 6" as a model to make a new Revan mold for TVC, then it would only be a matter of time.

Like I said before, the question for me is, did Hasbro listen to the fans completely (meaning, make us a whole new Revan in 3.75" like the 6" one) or did they only selectively hear fans say, "we don't want that old Revan mold" ?
It's Hasbro. They hear what they want to hear. It's going to be a wait and see. Until then, I guess we will have a missing number in the lineup. I assume the cardbacks for Revan are already printed.

Reaction score
It's Hasbro. They hear what they want to hear. It's going to be a wait and see. Until then, I guess we will have a missing number in the lineup. I assume the cardbacks for Revan are already printed.
VC150 (the number Revan was originally going to be given) will be given to a different figure. Not sure which figure that will be or when we'll find out which figure it is but VC150 will definitely be a different figure.

Reaction score
^ I wonder how far into production the tvc# is assigned. 150 was assigned early on to revan. If the number is reassigned AND the yavin luke rumored to been a wm excl is now in basic line, it seems yavin luke would be ideal to get assigned #150 otherwise maybe Poe.

Reaction score
At this point they should just do a brand new "Return of the Jedi" Boba Fett figure with detachable armor, put it on the cardback variant fans still want, and give it the VC150. That way collectors who are aiming for a complete set will be satisfied, those who want a version of Boba Fett on that card will be satisfied, and it gives them extra time to do a good Darth Revan figure. :whistling:

Reaction score
^ I wonder how far into production the tvc# is assigned. 150 was assigned early on to revan. If the number is reassigned AND the yavin luke rumored to been a wm excl is now in basic line, it seems yavin luke would be ideal to get assigned #150 otherwise maybe Poe.
Good point. They could always have him slated for next year with #150 as well, like with any repacks from the previous TVC line. Also, if #150 is not reassigned, then there's a good chance Revan is still coming. However, if they reassign the # then who knows about Revan?
G

Reaction score
It might end up being a situation just like Wedge was, where Revan keeps his original VC number (150), but gets released over a year late and is in a wave with figures in the #175 - 200 range.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It might end up being a situation just like Wedge was, where Revan keeps his original VC number (150), but gets released over a year late and is in a wave with figures in the #175 - 200 range.
I could see that scenario as well. It seems Hasbro was able to stop his picture from showing up on the cardbacks, but they could always add him back in again later.
I

Reaction score
Fingers crossed we still eventually get him on a vintage style cardback. This was one of the few I was really looking forward to getting.

Reaction score
I don't know what the complaints were. That's the surprising part because they rerelease stuff all the time without concern for any fan complaints. We've got stores flooded still with wave 1 ST & RO figures no one wants. Why didn't they feel out the fan pulse on that prior to release??? I don't see slapping a hard to find & expensive Darth Revan repack on a vintage card nearly as bad as some of the other questionable decisions made recently. My question though is Darth Revan going to be a part of the new Old Republic movie trilogy? If so, I'd pull him from this and wait to do a new movie version of Revan. If he's not, then I'd rather they do a retool and release an updated Revan over the straight repack but I'm sure that would sell pretty well too.

Reaction score
Not that it matters at all but the Amazon listing references this figure as "Ep9 Vin"

Reaction score
I don't know what the complaints were. That's the surprising part because they rerelease stuff all the time without concern for any fan complaints. We've got stores flooded still with wave 1 ST & RO figures no one wants. Why didn't they feel out the fan pulse on that prior to release??? I don't see slapping a hard to find & expensive Darth Revan repack on a vintage card nearly as bad as some of the other questionable decisions made recently. My question though is Darth Revan going to be a part of the new Old Republic movie trilogy? If so, I'd pull him from this and wait to do a new movie version of Revan. If he's not, then I'd rather they do a retool and release an updated Revan over the straight repack but I'm sure that would sell pretty well too.
Where is that damn like button! I agree, it's very odd. lol

Reaction score
They should scale down the BS version for a proper re-release for this character. Or update the older figure with a better paint app, new head sculpt, soft goods, and fuller leg articulation. Probably would be cheaper to just scale down the BS figure,lol.

Reaction score
I never thought about him as a character in the rumored Old Republic trilogy. Good point!

Reaction score
That may actually be possible. The promise of new media has forced Hasbro to pull stuff back before. I’ve heard that Disney has been looking for ways to re-canonize Revan, who already has shown back up in a few sources.

Reaction score
Well, if was pulled back because he might play a role in a film, then they should release him anyway as a 3 year advance preview figure................

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry to people waiting for this, but I am really glad they pulled the 2009 figure. I hope they redo it as a modern figure and release it.

I would like to think they listened to complaints and that is why. But, I thought when it was pulled that it was because he will be in some new project they have not yet announced.

Reaction score
I would like to think they listened to complaints and that is why.
People complain about anything these days. All Hasbro did was announce the figure and use the original as a placeholder. And yet people ignored the fact that they never directly said that they would reissue that specific figure. All they said was that Darth Revan was coming to The Vintage Collection, with that designated number. Plus this is the line is focusing on the Disney era continuity! So unless they have decided to have him look like his CRPG counterpart, what you said after this is a clear indication that the original figure will not be reissued. But instead of thinking of that, or looking for hints (like the one Tulgah has mentioned) on what he will be like, they just create reasons to complain. And while Hasbro can listen to these complaints, we all need to remember that they know what they are doing.

With that said... I think they are holding off until they have the designs, and even the chance to photo scan the actor who is playing as Darth Revan's face before they can give us an update.

Reaction score
Supposedly they got feedback from collectors saying the figure is too old, and it needs to be updated to the current standards of The Vintage Collection. They were going to do a straight repack of the figure from 2007.

Reaction score
Supposedly they got feedback from collectors saying the figure is too old, and it needs to be updated to the current standards of The Vintage Collection. They were going to do a straight repack of the figure from 2007.
Again, the feedback was based on speculation. Hasbro never did say that the figure would be a straight repack. Nor are many aware that BioWare gave Darth Revan a definitive look in their MMORPG's expansion (Shadows of Revan). Because of those two factors, along with the mystery to why they are tight-lip on this, should be a good indication that is not the case. So until they say if it will be a Legends, a movie, or both... The fact that the headscupt alone is already outdated is a good indication that people are complaining over an unconfirmed speculation.

But this is me speaking. And what I a saying might not be 100% accurate. There might be some obscure video having them say it was their original intent to repack it. So until then... Carry on, carry on.

Reaction score
People complain about anything these days. All Hasbro did was announce the figure and use the original as a placeholder. And yet people ignored the fact that they never directly said that they would reissue that specific figure. All they said was that Darth Revan was coming to The Vintage Collection, with that designated number. Plus this is the line is focusing on the Disney era continuity! So unless they have decided to have him look like his CRPG counterpart, what you said after this is a clear indication that the original figure will not be reissued. But instead of thinking of that, or looking for hints (like the one Tulgah has mentioned) on what he will be like, they just create reasons to complain. And while Hasbro can listen to these complaints, we all need to remember that they know what they are doing.

With that said... I think they are holding off until they have the designs, and even the chance to photo scan the actor who is playing as Darth Revan's face before they can give us an update.

Again, the feedback was based on speculation. Hasbro never did say that the figure would be a straight repack. Nor are many aware that BioWare gave Darth Revan a definitive look in their MMORPG's expansion (Shadows of Revan). Because of those two factors, along with the mystery to why they are tight-lip on this, should be a good indication that is not the case. So until they say if it will be a Legends, a movie, or both... The fact that the headscupt alone is already outdated is a good indication that people are complaining over an unconfirmed speculation.

But this is me speaking. And what I a saying might not be 100% accurate. There might be some obscure video having them say it was their original intent to repack it. So until then... Carry on, carry on.

But they did actually announce it was going to be a repack when it was shown in the slideshow originally. They received mixed feedback at the time, and the complaints have increased since.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Regardless, why don’t they ever just give us a straight answer? There’s so much esoteric dodging. Why not just let your customers know what you’re planning? I’m no business guru, and do probably lack good business insight, but can’t for the life of me figure out why they perpetuate this oddly adversarial withholding of info.

Reaction score
I'm excited it's going to be a new figure and not a repack for a few different reasons.

Reaction score
The promise of new media has forced Hasbro to pull stuff back before. I’ve heard that Disney has been looking for ways to re-canonize Revan, who already has shown back up in a few sources.
I just hope their re-canonization doesn't ruin a cool character.

If they pulled him for the complaint reason, fine. I'll live with that if it means we get a newer better figure.

If they pulled him because of new media, we better not be taking blame yet again on something out of our control.

I have an idea that the TOR trilogy will likely be about all new characters, Disney had already shown they're not too interested in making older characters shine. Well, other than Han for 20 minutes.

Reaction score
Regardless, why don’t they ever just give us a straight answer? There’s so much esoteric dodging. Why not just let your customers know what you’re planning? I’m no business guru, and do probably lack good business insight, but can’t for the life of me figure out why they perpetuate this oddly adversarial withholding of info.
That's the thing, we didn't get a straight answer on this and some sites are running with the story that we're getting a new Revan. Now, maybe they have info we don't, but based on what the Hasbro guy said, "Revan was pulled from the TVC line" means just that, the Revan that was planned is not coming. However, there is nothing in his statement that then confirms a new Revan.

I'd like to see them make a new Revan, but I'll believe when they actually announce it and show us a pic of the new Revan.
T

Reaction score
But they did actually announce it was going to be a repack when it was shown in the slideshow originally. They received mixed feedback at the time, and the complaints have increased since.
^^^^^ He's right.
Interestingly enough, we also have the figure disappearing after talks about a Knights of the Old Republic trilogy being leaked. And even those responding to Yakface's report do not entirely think it has to do with complaints about their "decision" to repack it. Hence my hint at the video showing how Steve Bono announced this. Because here is another thing: They never said why it was dropped. They never said this at SDCC 2019. Nor at Star Wars Celebrations. Hence why I am saying that they did not make it an official (read: final) decision. And you can disagree with me. But until that video pops up, the way he announced it is going to be based on nothing more than hearsay. :|

Which is also why I never said that I was 100% correct on what I said. And suggested that if you felt differently then you should carry on with what you felt is the truth in this matter. Because I go by facts, not what I think I have seen or heard. And not many are patient with me when I do this. Especially when I spend 3 hours looking for that reveal, despite having portions of what I said be ignored. :whistling:

Reaction score

They definitely said that the figure was a straight repack.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They said it was a repack. Fans (like me) complained. They pulled him. It all seems pretty straightforward. But I wish we knew exactly why. “We pulled him to retool the sculpt.” “We pulled him to withhold to a later date” (which could be code for “he’s showing up in later media”). Or, “We pulled him because you’re a bunch of whiny babies.” Yeah, I guess they couldn’t say that. But anyway, it’d be nice to know the figure’s fate.

Reaction score
It could be though I would like the Revan figure to be revamped. If they can take the 6inch version and shrink it down to 3.75 inch size. That would be great.

Interestingly enough, we also have the figure disappearing after talks about a Knights of the Old Republic trilogy being leaked. And even those responding to Yakface's report do not entirely think it has to do with complaints about their "decision" to repack it. Hence my hint at the video showing how Steve Bono announced this. Because here is another thing: They never said why it was dropped. They never said this at SDCC 2019. Nor at Star Wars Celebrations. Hence why I am saying that they did not make it an official (read: final) decision. And you can disagree with me. But until that video pops up, the way he announced it is going to be based on nothing more than hearsay. :|

Which is also why I never said that I was 100% correct on what I said. And suggested that if you felt differently then you should carry on with what you felt is the truth in this matter. Because I go by facts, not what I think I have seen or heard. And not many are patient with me when I do this. Especially when I spend 3 hours looking for that reveal, despite having portions of what I said be ignored. :whistling:

Reaction score

My comment responding to you was simply noting that they did officially reveal that it was a repack, more than once, so when you said they didn't, that was inaccurate (ie: not a fact). ;)

Reaction score
My comment responding to you was simply noting that they did officially reveal that it was a repack, more than once, so when you said they didn't, that was inaccurate (ie: not a fact). ;)
And I am sorry to say this but you also disregarded the following:

Your_Scoundrel said:
This was something that you quoted before making your reply. Don't believe me? Go back to your own reply and realize that it is the very last thing I said before you made your first response. Heck, here is a link to the very quote (post #108) you have quoted: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1139460&page=11&p=20196037&viewfull=1#post20196037

Note that I did not edit anything, and that you included it in your first response. And since your response is post #109, editing it now would prove that you quoted me saying that I might be wrong. Something you are now claiming I did not say. And honestly? All of this proves that you are a liar. And for what? Some illogical reason where you want to be right? I mean seriously... We're done here.

Send me a private message when you have the courage to admit that you lied, and that you are sorry for the way you treated me here, and nothing more. Because until you can do that, we have nothing to say to each other. And I am saying this as politely as possible because that is what adult fans should be doing in cases like this one.

Last edited: