Darth Revan

Reaction score
Revan was one of a handful of figures I was actually interested in owning between the end of the ROTS line and the beginning of TVC 1. He's also one of only 2 or 3 figures which I was unable to acquire during that time. That being said, despite the subjectively superior sculpt available from TBS 6", I really don't care which sculpt is used, because I'll be keeping this guy MOC. However, I definitely understand why some of you guys would be annoyed.

Reaction score
I imagine just like every other TVC carded fig, but with Revan's name and picture. lol
Though I'm fairly sure that it will not be done right, considering the comments made about other's artwork.

Reaction score
Although I'm not into the character, hopefully he'll kickstart non-screen characters getting a TVC treatment, like Asajj and Savage and the Inquisitors. I remember the double-bladed Jedi girl from KOTOR sold well.

Reaction score
Well considering the figure won’t be out for a while I do hope Hasbro will tweak it a bit. I do agree the 6 inch black series figure that came out was superb.

Reaction score
The 6 inch Revan is definitely a looker, but I can not STAND the hood set up. It's terrible. It doesn't flow with the cape, hinders his articulation and hides the detail on his helmet. Aside from looking really weird with how bulky it is. I pretty much took this pic and then put him away in storage lol

If they update the TVC version, I'd like to see a nicer soft goods hood instead.

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, and that's a great photo! How do you photoshop in the lightsaber "glow"?
The 6 inch Revan is definitely a looker, but I can not STAND the hood set up. It's terrible. It doesn't flow with the cape, hinders his articulation and hides the detail on his helmet. Aside from looking really weird with how bulky it is. I pretty much took this pic and then put him away in storage lol

If they update the TVC version, I'd like to see a nicer soft goods hood instead.

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, and that's a great photo! How do you photoshop in the lightsaber "glow"?
Thanks dude! You mean the ambient light from the lightsabers themselves on him? Thats real light. Just used two phones to shine red and purple light on him.

Reaction score
Just speculation ATM. It would be nice if they utilized a tad more SG's, and sculpted a new head. While a totally new sculpt would have been nice, I can live with kitash update, hence new legs and head.

But since Hasbro is repack happy with TVC, that's what most are expecting. Plus the image used was of the old figure. Surely if it were new, anew image would have been used?

Reaction score
Just speculation ATM. It would be nice if they utilized a tad more SG's, and sculpted a new head. While a totally new sculpt would have been nice, I can live with kitash update, hence new legs and head.

But since Hasbro is repack happy with TVC, that's what most are expecting. Plus the image used was of the old figure. Surely if it were new, anew image would have been used?
I watched a video of the Hasbro panel Revan was revealed at. The Hasbro team revealed three re-packed figures (Revan, Scarif Stormtrooper and Elite Praetorian Guard) and then went around to three audience members to have them reveal the new figures of Lando, Imperial Stormtrooper and Death Star Gunner. Unless plans change it's pretty clear Revan's a re-pack especially like you said with the image being of the old figure but also how they got audience members to reveal only the new figures.

I'd honestly be happy if Revan's release was delayed until 2020 if they announced it would be a new Revan after all.

Reaction score
Hasbro confirmed in a Q&A that it is a repack. Its deco might vary compared to the previous figure, given how many years ago that was produced. I think it needs to be retooled if they expect loose collectors to pick it up though. I can understand that carded collectors and those that missed the first release would buy it, both those are probably small numbers compared to overall collectors. It needs a new head, softgoods skirt, and knee articulation to be at the TVC level in my opinion.

Reaction score
And well of course I'll buy it, as it's still a nice base for a custom. But it does indeed need modding.
I was never able to find him from TAC, and I sure as heck wasn't paying those prices just to part out a figure.

Good thing there are several new figures with SA legs that can be used. the SGs will be a different issue though. Might have to "borrow" something from Sidious.

Reaction score
But it will be slightly different, as the paint from 07-08 isn't likely still available anymore. And these aren't old unsold figures from that year. They're new in the sense of production standpoint. The only thing they're saving Money on, is not making a new mold.

Reaction score
Need any and every EU/Legends fig ever made, so this one's a major YES for me.

Reaction score
If I were to pick this one up and try to swap out his lower half with, say, Kylo Ren, what would be the best way to do it?

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure it will work, considering the new figures are put together vastly different. Since they no longer have the separation at the waist, nor do they sport similar hip joints. So it seems that you'll need to just chop Revan off at the knees and insert the new legs there. Also, I feel that Kylo is a bit on the thin side for Revan. So you might want to look at figures made prior to the ST. IDK, maybe someone has already done it.

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure it will work, considering the new figures are put together vastly different. Since they no longer have the separation at the waist, nor do they sport similar hip joints. So it seems that you'll need to just chop Revan off at the knees and insert the new legs there. Also, I feel that Kylo is a bit on the thin side for Revan. So you might want to look at figures made prior to the ST. IDK, maybe someone has already done it.
Thanks. I think I'll wait to see what people do with this one after he comes out before planning anything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I were to pick this one up and try to swap out his lower half with, say, Kylo Ren, what would be the best way to do it?
You shouldn't have to do this, the figure should have at least the same articulation as Kylo. It is total BS

Reaction score
For the $13 price I agree, but it's a repack of an older figure. Just be happy they're not repacking ROTS or OTC figures I guess...

Reaction score
There are better ROTS and OTC figures than this awful figure.
For the $13 price I agree, but it's a repack of an older figure. Just be happy they're not repacking ROTS or OTC figures I guess...

Reaction score
So its been quite some time since we have seen revan, and he seemingly keeps getting delayed. With Hasbro doing all these new heads and tweaks (lando), is there may a snowball's chance in hell that they are going back and updating the head/mask, using the 6" model and scaling it down?

That would make my day, of all the tweaks that figure needs, that would at least convince me to rebuy it.

Reaction score
I was wondering that same thing. Maybe they’ve internally decided that a 2007 figure is just too much to ask of us.

Reaction score
If they went and scaled down the Six Inch figure with a full 14 POA, the internet (and everybody's wallet) would collectively explode.

Incidentally, how would you feel if they included a set of 3 or 4 unmasked heads based on the most popular player's choices?

Reaction score
Yeah, as I pointed out in another thread it does really look like Revan's delayed. He wasn't on the display at either NYTF or Celebration with the rest of the wave, the cardback reveals for that wave left out Revan and he's not in the pre-orders for the wave. Looks pretty likely he's delayed but hopefully someone at Celebration can ask Hasbro and get confirmation.

Not getting my hopes up but it would be silly if Revan is delayed for any reason other than him becoming a new figure instead of the re-pack. If Hasbro really want TVC to be a conversation then hopefully they listened to us when we said that Revan figure re-pack isn't good enough.

Reaction score
I like the idea! They definitely need a resculpt instead of a reissue for several reasons...mostly, my selfish reason of already owning the initial version.
If they went and scaled down the Six Inch figure with a full 14 POA, the internet (and everybody's wallet) would collectively explode.

Incidentally, how would you feel if they included a set of 3 or 4 unmasked heads based on the most popular player's choices?

Reaction score
Yeah, as I pointed out in another thread it does really look like Revan's delayed. He wasn't on the display at either NYTF or Celebration with the rest of the wave, the cardback reveals for that wave left out Revan and he's not in the pre-orders for the wave. Looks pretty likely he's delayed but hopefully someone at Celebration can ask Hasbro and get confirmation.

Not getting my hopes up but it would be silly if Revan is delayed for any reason other than him becoming a new figure instead of the re-pack. If Hasbro really want TVC to be a conversation then hopefully they listened to us when we said that Revan figure re-pack isn't good enough.
I agree. I could see them going with a new figure after fansites complained. However, if they do that, we might have to wait until 2020 for him. LFL may not want Revan and Kylo out at the same time because it might confuse some casual buyers.

Reaction score
No....... That's the same excuse they used to kill off Anakin Solo!

It would be rather comical if a unaware relative bought Revan to give to a kid, and then the kid threw a tantrum saying that it wasn't Kylo Ren!

Reaction score
No....... That's the same excuse they used to kill off Anakin Solo!

It would be rather comical if a unaware relative bought Revan to give to a kid, and then the kid threw a tantrum saying that it wasn't Kylo Ren!
If he's ready they should just release him. Anybody in the know will buy it anyway and if for some reason somebody picks it up thinking it's Kylo, then they should take the time to read the name of the package, right?
I

Reaction score
Probably way off base here but can the delay have anything to do with the rumored Old Republic project Lucasfilm as discussed briefly at Celebration?

More then likely not being that Lando and the Stormtrooper are also delayed.

Reaction score
Probably way off base here but can the delay have anything to do with the rumored Old Republic project Lucasfilm as discussed briefly at Celebration?

More then likely not being that Lando and the Stormtrooper are also delayed.
People need to ease up on this "old republic project". Her quote was taken out of context by like everyone. She literally said "we are developing something to look at, right now I have no idea where things might fall". That is nothing definite, and basically just implies they are considering all their options. It could be a treatment, could just be a pitch for something, etc.

Either way, im pretty sure that wouldn't impact anything figure wise.

Reaction score
People need to ease up on this "old republic project". Her quote was taken out of context by like everyone. She literally said "we are developing something to look at, right now I have no idea where things might fall". That is nothing definite, and basically just implies they are considering all their options. It could be a treatment, could just be a pitch for something, etc.

Either way, im pretty sure that wouldn't impact anything figure wise.
I think we all understood that (at least anyone with half a brain does). All the click bait headlines about an "Old Republic" movie or live action show are ridiculous.

I was simply throwing a theory out there.

Reaction score
It may not be that stupid. MTV News interviewed Rian Johnson at CinemaCon, and they talked about his project, and mentioned that Benioff and Weiss are making something. Now, just because those two are the Game of Thrones showrunners doesn’t mean their project will be “medieval fantasy” type stuff.

But Kennedy did say that Star Wars projects have been planned for the next ten years, so something or other is coming.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the delay is just Hasbro being Hasbro. They simply love torturing us. :grin:

Reaction score
Looks like this guy was given the temporary boot from the VC. He is the only one from last year’s SDCC lineup through the latest wave that has not been seen. He’s also not on the newest cardbacks and was supposed to be in this wave. Curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have two theories about this:

1. Hasbro was able to stop production of the 2008 (?) version after getting a lot of feedback from collectors that we'd rather see the 6" version in the 3.75" line. Hasbro decided to do just that, but it also meant the figure would have to be pushed back.

2. Disney caught wind of Hasbro's plans and feared Revan would come out too close to TROS and too many "average" customers would be confused and think it's really Kylo Ren going by a new name, Darth Revan,. So, Hasbro has to hold off on repacking him until 2020.

It is odd that they announced him and now he has disappeared from the line. However, I really think #1 above is the reason why and if so, then we'll all be a lot happier, I think.