Darth Nihilus (Gaming Greats)

Reaction score

Yakface is reporting that EBGames is taking pre orders for a Darth Nihilus Gaming Greats figure.

personally, very excited for this one!

please share your opinions , predictions or hopes for this new figure to the 6" Line!!!

Reaction score
I've never really been into collecting EU characters, but I have always loved Nihilus' look. I'll probably have to pick him up.

Reaction score
Beyond pumped for this one. Never thought we'd see him in TBS.

Reaction score
Hoping for more articulation points from Nihilus compared to any of the Revan figures.

Anyone think soft goods would be the best choice since this figure will have layers of material.

Reaction score
Really hope this is easier to obtain than a Purge Trooper!
I love the look of this character, and will definitely want one, despite not knowing anything about their background story whatsoever at all.

Reaction score
As far as im concerned, KOTOR 2 is the best written, most engaging piece of media from the entire Star Wars saga- I'll take as many figures from the game as Hasbro will give me.

I'll preorder Nihilus twice over, I'm sure.

Reaction score
so with all of our investigating into the upcoming Kit Fisto and Plo Koon figures being 90% re-used molds , lots of people are speculating that this figure sets itself up to re-use Darth Maul's components. Genuinely hope that is not the case but there has certainly been a trend recently

Reaction score
so with all of our investigating into the upcoming Kit Fisto and Plo Koon figures being 90% re-used molds , lots of people are speculating that this figure sets itself up to re-use Darth Maul's components. Genuinely hope that is not the case but there has certainly been a trend recently
I sure hope not! Darth Nihilus is supposed to be quite tall! The Darth Maul body would be about a head too short for him.

Hasbro already made this character too short when they made a 3.75” figure many years ago. This is their chance to make up for that!

Reaction score
I already commented lengthy in the main BS thread, but A definite buy for me!
Though i wonder if they plan to sculpt a new Saber, considering the uniqueness, or just pack in a previous one like Plo Koon's?

Reaction score
I didn’t get into the Knight of the old Republic game. Though I loved the design of the characters. I will be picking this guy up as well. His look is very scary good. A few years back I traded a guy in Canada some Marvel pops he was looking for and he traded a few 3.75 inch figures he had and this was one of them. I saw the evolution pack he came in but at the time I past on it.

Reaction score
I already commented lengthy in the main BS thread, but A definite buy for me!
Though i wonder if they plan to sculpt a new Saber, considering the uniqueness, or just pack in a previous one like Plo Koon's?
as i understand, Plo has a correct saber , whereas Kit Fisto has the jabroni saber

and i really think that the crux of a jedi / sith figure is an accurate lightsaber hilt.

Reaction score
I love the look of this character, and will definitely want one, despite not knowing anything about their background story whatsoever at all.
i gotchu fam

Story of Darth Nihilus

or if you just like to read :

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked up a list of action figure release. The top 8 can either be Star Wars or Marvel. 2 are priced at $39.99 the rest are $22.99. There is a date of 10/1 on 5 and 11/1 on 3 of them.B8FE1C86-24EC-4099-A6A9-BF34A28F45B1.jpeg

Reaction score
Hoping for more articulation points from Nihilus compared to any of the Revan figures.

Anyone think soft goods would be the best choice since this figure will have layers of material.
Hoping for soft goods as well (at least in the lower half). If Hasbro resort to using plastic robes and skirt, the figure is going to be as dynamic as a traffic cone.

Reaction score
I picked up a list of action figure release. The top 8 can either be Star Wars or Marvel. 2 are priced at $39.99 the rest are $22.99. There is a date of 10/1 on 5 and 11/1 on 3 of them.View attachment 354469
I wonder if the $39.99 one is the Dagobah Luke & Yoda two-pack that's already been announced. Or if there's another deluxe set coming down the way.

Off-topic, but also very curious what that next wave of Ghostbusters Plasma is going to be. Fascinating...

Reaction score
I wonder if the $39.99 one is the Dagobah Luke & Yoda two-pack that's already been announced. Or if there's another deluxe set coming down the way.

Off-topic, but also very curious what that next wave of Ghostbusters Plasma is going to be. Fascinating...
The Luke Yoda deluxe set is listed on page 2 at 44.99. The Ghostbusters plasma I think are the oboes our now.

Reaction score
The Luke Yoda deluxe set is listed on page 2 at 44.99. The Ghostbusters plasma I think are the oboes our now.
Ah, interesting. Was wondering what the next six figures there would be.

To get back on topic: I shamefully still haven't played either KOTOR or KOTOR2, despite having had them in my Steam library for years. In terms of TBS figures, I held off in the initial frenzy but finally cracked and got both Darth and Jedi Revan, because he looked cool and I figured I would eventually love him like everyone else once I play the game. I'm assuming the same trajectory will happen with this guy. Glad he's coming out for everyone who loves the game and wanted him.

GNT

Reaction score
What's the bet this one will be impossible to track down?

Reaction score
It's almost the middle of June, does anyone think we'd actually see this figure released before spring 2021 under normal pre-virus conditions anyhow?

Reaction score
I'm gonna bet that he sells out in the first 5 minutes! lol

So for any of you fellow members who helped me out with Fox and Obi-Wan, I am adding my name to the wish list for this guy too! ;)

Reaction score
Everyone worried about his availability - pre order him as soon as he's available. Assuming he's EB Games/Gamestop exclusive, go to the website if you can't go in store (save shipping and guarantee box condition) and put in a preorder for him.

If we're seeing rumors for him now in June, I'd expect either a late summer announcement with a late fall release or a late fall announcement with a late winter release.

Reaction score
I'm gonna bet that he sells out in the first 5 minutes! lol
Honestly, I just wish Hasbro would make this one a regular release.

This feels completely different than some Game based trooper variant, like previous 'Gaming Greats' releases?

Tons of people are going to want this figure.
Pulse could sell thousands in days easily if it was just a straight release.

Reaction score

This feels completely different than some Game based trooper variant, like previous 'Gaming Greats' releases?

Exactly. I can never understand why Hasbro and Funko don't just take preorders for 2 weeks, then make that amount plus 1% for in store sales. That way everyone who wants one can get one and they can still have some impulse sales. Seems like companies would make more money that way.

Reaction score
Agreed, I've been saying that the last few years. I mean we literally have to wait months to even hear about a new figure, then a few more just to even see it, not to mention the time it takes to actually get them in hand. So i don't know why they don't at least do a trial run with "pre-sales" to gauge interest in a particular figure/character.

They could do a poll first of 5 most wanted that they would likely not do, the top scorer if the 5 would then go onto pre-sale. it either does well or not, at least we'd know.

Reaction score
They're caught in a unique middle ground that probably no other company has the problem of - trying to maintain retail presence overall (which is the reason for most store exclusives) AND trying to cater to collectors who, for several reasons, are buying online more and more.

And Gamestop is also caught in a middle ground where they're afraid to over-order exclusives because they've been stuck with product they can't move, clogging shelf space for product they would be able to move.

Smaller/independent companies that start as online orders only dont have these issues because their buyers were always the online market. Any brick and mortar/specialty/comic shops are basically bonus for them because it's a chance for new eyes on their product.

Reaction score
Hoping for soft goods as well (at least in the lower half). If Hasbro resort to using plastic robes and skirt, the figure is going to be as dynamic as a traffic cone.

Might as well throw a Darth Nihilus head sculpt on Moloch and call it a day!

Reaction score
ive always liked the idea of pledging money. like ; we need [x] amount of dollars to make this production run worth it. if something just barely makes the goal amount, they could play it cautious ; but i guarantee some characters would bring in a TON of revenue--especially if they were done correctly.

Reaction score
If it's not going to be soft goods (Doubt it though) then I might be interested as this character always had my attention.

Reaction score

Honestly I feel like almost any of the well known EU sith would do very well, video or comic based. Starkiller, Malak, Talon, Kraayt, Phobus, Nihl, etc. The sith designs vary a little more than the Jedi so there’s not as much reuse potential but I’d buy any and all of those as 6” figures