Darth Maul (Sith Apprentice)

Reaction score
If the headsculpt is that well painted when it hits the pegs, I'll probably knee jerk buy him.

Reaction score
This is clearly the best figure of the four. Maybe it's so good that Hasbro had to cheap out on Luke and couldn't do the necessary research on Carnor Jax? They used up all of their resources on this fantastic Maul. :LOL:

However, it is a bit odd that we're getting this Maul before a Clone Wars Maul. Hopefully that figure is coming soon.

Reaction score
Ooh I like this, especially if I can find an aftermarket robe to convert him to a Phantom Menace appearance. I wonder if the bare torso might do double duty as a Spider-Maul figure eventually

Reaction score
We need a Rebels Maul instead with hood, mechanical legs and holocrons.
Strong agree.

Was wondering if I could get this guy and use the extra hood/cape head from the Archive TPM Maul (and then pretend he has robot feet in his boots) to fashion a quick Rebels-era custom. But would still need those holocrons and the walking stick/Savage saber combo.

Reaction score
This is the only one I’m interested in. Other than the ysalmari which I’m not paying $25 for when inevitably someone will offer a cast of it cheaper. I don’t mind reuse but this wave is extremely lazy, with Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax being the prime example/worst offender. More EU please but let’s do it properly.

Reaction score
I don't collect this scale but this figure is a must own.

Reaction score
Yeah, Only one of the four I will buy as well. IF you can find it. I like the comic inspired packaging. I have this comic miniseries, so They got me. I would through down for that Heir to the Empire Luke if it had better accessories and wasn't just a Dagobah Luke repainted in black clothes.

Reaction score
I just placed my order for this figure with Pulse (gotta make use of my membership for the free shipping - that's about all it is good for). Passed on their other offerings.

The rabbit holds no interest for me. The Imperial Guard was a borderline case, but its poor execution/misnaming made my decision against it. Luke is such a shame. I really would have liked an EU, Thrawn-era Luke, but I won't reward such a lazy offering.

But Maul! Even with the old legs, this is a great figure. The new upper body and head sculpt are fantastic!

Reaction score
pre orders will last longer now, since a lot of people didn't renew their pulse membership.

Reaction score
I regret not picking up the Archive Maul when I would see him in stores or online. I'm not making that same mistake again. Preordered.

Can I assume these are Fan Channel releases and probably won't be at Walmart or Target?

Reaction score
Gosh, if this figure didn't have the same lame legs as its predecessor I'd have bought it in an instant! I don't need another figure that falls over so easily, or has such a difficult time getting into a pose.

Reaction score
Can I assume these are Fan Channel releases and probably won't be at Walmart or Target?
The press release stated, "Available for pre-order at Hasbro Pulse, Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store and Dorkside Toys." Gamestop & Best Buy also have listings. So I'm going to assume no WM, Target, or possibly Amazon.

Reaction score
This is the best looking figure out of the four and the only one worth getting in my opinion.

Reaction score
This is a new headsculpt, right?
Yep. From the SW.com article:
This is our first time doing the shirtless Darth Maul and showing off the full body tattoo; it is a striking update to an already awesome looking figure!” says Farner. “We used this opportunity to sculpt up a new head as well, focusing on the bared teeth snarl he has in many of his appearances.

Reaction score
only fan channels will have these. no best buy. no gamestop. no listings. looks like fan channel online e tailers only.

Reaction score
Id much rather see mechanical legs Maul but sure some of that will eventually come too. Def best of the 4 but probably a complete pass on the whole wave

Reaction score
So, it seems you cannot get free shipping on pre-orders at Game Stop anymore, and if that becomes the case with increasing prices I'll likely find my self bowing out of TBS altogether... BBTS wants $27 each for this wave plus shipping! I was thinking of just going ahead and getting this version of Maul because of how cool it looks but not for almost $40, wowzers!

Reaction score
I love this figure but it’s hard to get excited about $25 for a figure that’s mostly reuse. I already caved for the Clone Wars figures. I don’t think I can stomach this being the new normal. Brand new sculpts in the main line for $20 but heavy reuse on an exclusive for $25? Ooof