Darth Maul - MH15

GNT

Reaction score
Just noticed we had for the other Darth Maul figure in the Movie Heroes line but not this one, so many Maul figures! Discuss this version here.

Reaction score
It looks almost identical to the other Darth Maul from this line, I'd have to see it in person before judging it but I don't see much of a difference between the two figures really at all....

Reaction score
Is this the one at Wal Mart that comes with one of the little black probe droids with the clear stand for it?
* oh maybe not

Last edited:
Reaction score
"This is getting out of hand... now there are seven of them!"

:p

Hope I'm not missing any:

TVC SA sculpt
MH 2003 SAGA Sith Apprentice repaint
MH Evolutions sculpt (WM exclusive?)
MH new sculpt with action feature
Deluxe Sith Speeder pack-in
Emergence of the Sith Two-Pack (Sith Speeder sculpt)

Naboo Duel Battlepack (coming in May)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked up MH15 Maul yesterday. Looks pretty good in the package, the head sculpt is actually good, however, the paint app is not screen-accurate. The lightsaber is actually a bit thinner so it looks more realistic than the TVC lightsaber.

Reaction score
Finally got around to doing the MH15 Maul head swap to the TVC Maul body. I had to do this anyway because I donated the TVC Maul head to the Cyborg Maul. This one also comes with a skinnier double-bladed lightsaber, which I think looks more realistic, so I'm using this one for display from now on.

MH head swap Maul with MH head swap Qui Gon. I think all of the Wave 2 MH heads are way better than the ones we got before. Now I'm going to have all these headless and useless crappy MH bodies. Oh well. The price of having SW OCD.

TVC Maul and Cyborg Maul with swapped heads.

Cloaked Maul joined the party.

Reaction score
Finally got around to doing the MH15 Maul head swap to the TVC Maul body. I had to do this anyway because I donated the TVC Maul head to the Cyborg Maul. This one also comes with a skinnier double-bladed lightsaber, which I think looks more realistic, so I'm using this one for display from now on.
Very nice work Jerjerrod! Was the swap of MH15 head onto TVC body nice and easy, or did you have to do some dremeling or add some tak?

Reaction score
Great pictures, Jerjerrod. Makes me wish these figures were released like that in the first place.
Actually, they should have removed two TVC Maul variations (one Tatooine version with snarling expression and wrist communicator and the duel version with the stern stare).

Reaction score
Almost picked up the MH Maul today to do this headswap as well but I was kind of torn on it. On one hand, the paint apps (especially the tatoos) are really great...better than the VTC Maul...but on the other hand, the expression on his face looked kind of goofy to me when I had it in hand. It's supposed to look menacing (no pun intended), but looked more like a really cheesy grin to me.

Reaction score
I agree with Billy_Ray's sentiments. There is something about the glaring teeth that looks too much like a grin, or perhaps a "fake camera grin" would be the proper way to describe it.
It could be because he seemingly isn't conveying anger with the nose and eyes. The muscles aren't tensed up.

However, I have seen samples that look more sinister than others. Look out for versions with the pupils looking up. It certainly helps to have such a version with the head lowered, looking up at his opponents.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean. I saw two yesterday and both had more of a Cheshire Cat grin than a menacing snarl but the one displayed at Toyfair looked more menacing. I was thinking it might also have something to do with his teeth being bright and sparkly white, vs all nasty like they were in the film...and on the cardback for that matter.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for other Mauls, as I do like the idea of swapping the head. One thing I did like about this version was that the eyes on the two I saw were both nice and straight, unlike the TVC version, and the tatoos were nice and crisply painted. I did luck out and get one good TVC head though, which I am happy with:

My first one was a little cross eyed though.

Reaction score
There is still the EVO Maul (DTF) head that I have yet to see anyone do the head swap on with the TVC body.

Reaction score
Hmm...yeah. Mine is packed away so I can't try it but that might be good too. And don't get me wrong, I think yours looks awesome! I was really excited to do the same thing but the two Mauls I saw just didn't have the same look to them. Hopefully he will pegwarm like the other MH Maul and I will be able to find a better one. I'd like to have my "Duel of the Fates" Maul have this head and use the other for my Tatooine, hooded Maul.

Reaction score
This Maul is pretty bad. He comes with a nice lightsaber and an alright head. Those are the only two pluses. The body is garbage-- basically a spring-loaded statue for ten bucks. Somehow he came out even worse than I was anticipating. I could be convinced it was a high-end McDonald's toy. With new figures like this, those upcoming battle packs, the endless repacks, and slashed Clone Wars, I'm getting afraid for the future of the line. These aren't cute little gripes anymore. This strategy won't win back profits, it'll only send the line into a tailspin. Whoever's in charge needs to wake the **** up.

Reaction score
I've seen this twice now, and that head sculpt is tempting. I've yet to bite though. Maybe when he's more plentiful and there's a sale going on.

Reaction score
Seeing that pic above made me realize that if Hasbro updated the concept Sith Training Maul from the POTJ days and put them in a three pack a Vintage Maul and Cyborg Maul that it could be one of the coolest Evolutions packs ever released.

Reaction score
Wouldn't you rather have a concept flightsuit Darth Maul first, before having them revisit the POTJ Sith Training outfit? I know it's an awesome get-up, but perhaps a never before done variation of Maul might be for the better at this point.

I can't find a picture of the actual concept artwork, but Hasbro included him as a figurine in the Action Fleet Series Alpha Sith Infiltrator.

Reaction score
With all the new variations, has anyone looked to see if the carry forward Mauls have any changes like the wrist gauntlet?

Reaction score
I bit and got him. I should have saved my money. This figure is kiddie garbage, even with the great headsculpt that doesn't fit on the Vintage Maul.

Reaction score
Wouldn't you rather have a concept flightsuit Darth Maul first, before having them revisit the POTJ Sith Training outfit? I know it's an awesome get-up, but perhaps a never before done variation of Maul might be for the better at this point.

I can't find a picture of the actual concept artwork, but Hasbro included him as a figurine in the Action Fleet Series Alpha Sith Infiltrator.
Thanks...I needed a reason to have to track down ANOTHER VC Starkiller for custom fodder lol :grin: