Darth Maul (Mandalore) - #VC201

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Darth Maul (Clone Wars) aka Maul with robot legs in the Vintage Collection. His double ended lightsaber comes apart.

Who will be picking up this figure?

Reaction score
I don't purchase much Hasbro these days...but I WILL be getting this and Ahsoka.

Reaction score
Hey Hasbro, could you include the Dark Saber with this figure? 😇

You could kill two birds with one stone.

Reaction score
Yeah, the darksaber should also have been included.

Reaction score
DId this version of Maul from S7 ever wield the Dark Saber in the show? I don't remember that part happening. He was in like 4 episodes of S7 and used the lightsaber.

Reaction score
He used the darksaber in Season 5 and in Season 6 comic book Son of Dathomir.

bac

Reaction score
PRE-ORDER LINKS

MOD EDIT: Links removed as per TOU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I know Hasbro is more likely to re-sell this Maul in a few years (with the Dark Saber and a single bladed saber), and call it a Clone Wars Season 5(?) Maul.

But it’d be nice if they surprised us and just packed it now.

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what season. The point was the darksaber should've been included with this version of the character action figure, which it should've.

Reaction score
Got it preordered from Amazon. Really looking forward to getting this one.

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what season. The point was the darksaber should've been included with this version of the character action figure, which it should've.

Yea next time they release a ROTJ Luke I hope they include the binocs he used in ANH

Reaction score
Right.

This figure is based on S7 of the CW cartoon.
And heaven forbid they include an extra seventy five cent accessory. lol

While this one wasn't high up on my list, if it was even on it, it did turn out pretty cool looking though.

Reaction score
And heaven forbid they include an extra seventy five cent accessory. lol

While this one wasn't high up on my list, if it was even on it, it did turn out pretty cool looking though.

It's not about the cost or whatever...it just doesn't make any sense to include it.

Reaction score
It's not about the cost or whatever...it just doesn't make any sense to include it.
While you have a point, there was a time when Hasbro included an accessory to give the figure more perceived value as well as playability. So there is a precedent for such a thing, it's just that figure costs now days they seem to have to watch their pennies meanwhile ML figures get 3-5 accessories...

Reaction score

So not about cost but the fact you're arguing it does not make sense according to you to include an extra accessory,lol.

The sword was the signature weapon of the character during the Clones Wars and beyond. This figure also represents him as ruler of Mandalore and Death Watch. Heck Hasbro featured Maul using the sword recently on their electronic Darksaber toy package released a few months back. So yeah a repacked(and repainted TCW style)darksaber makes a lot of sense, even more so since the sword was stolen from his lair and rightfully belongs to him.

*And no a pair of binocs is not same thing as the sword, not even close. That said figures years ago often came with bonus accessories and we often got weapon gear packs even.

Reaction score
While you have a point, there was a time when Hasbro included an accessory to give the figure more perceived value as well as playability. So there is a precedent for such a thing, it's just that figure costs now days they seem to have to watch their pennies meanwhile ML figures get 3-5 accessories...

Eh that was a long time ago. It's a different era.

If this was "build up" set like that Mando/Grogu pack I can see them throwing in a few extras. But this is a figure based on the character as it appeared in 4 episodes of S7 - not S5, S6, some random comic that no one read etc etc

Reaction score
Smooth, no issue order thru pulse and a back up order through Amazon.

Reaction score
So not about cost but the fact you're arguing it does not make sense according to you to include an extra accessory,lol.

The sword was the signature weapon of the character during the Clones Wars and beyond. This figure also represents him as ruler of Mandalore and Death Watch. Heck Hasbro featured Maul using the sword recently on their electronic Darksaber toy package released a few months back. So yeah a repacked(and repainted TCW style)darksaber makes a lot of sense, even more so since the sword was stolen from his lair and rightfully belongs to him.

*And no a pair of binocs is not same thing as the sword, not even close. That said figures years ago often came with bonus accessories and we often got weapon gear packs even.

Agree to disagree

Regardless this figure looks awesome

Reaction score
He’s wearing the exact same uniform he wore in Season 5.

I’d rather they go to the trouble of adding the little accessory (which they already molded for Moff Gideon), instead of repack the figure again a few years from now.

There’s such a massive glut of figures Hasbro can make that I don’t want Hasbro to “waste” a future Vintage Collection slot for essentially a repack.

EDIT: I do hope the figure’s clothes don’t have that purple hue to them. I’d rather it be grey. But I’m still getting him.

Reaction score
The beautiful thing about an extra accessory is that it's "optional", and expands upon the playability factor. Just because it's included doesn't mean you have to display it with him, and at the same time it gives other collectors the option to have two different versions of Maul.

I'm not fussed that it isn't included, heck I got plenty of Darksabers. I just feel it's missed/lost opportunity to expand the universe of play.

Reaction score
Press Images.

VC-Darth-Maul-TCW-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Darth-Maul-TCW-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Darth-Maul-TCW-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Darth-Maul-TCW-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Image.

Spoiler:  
VC-Darth-Maul-TCW-Loose-1.jpg

Reaction score
I'm just now noticing that the two halves of Maul's lightsaber are no longer the same.

Reaction score
Yeah, he's using the Ventress Dark Disciple hilt combined with his original. The Mythos version he combines his original saber to Savage's.

Reaction score
I assumed the preorders would go up at 4pm like they have in the past, so missed both free-shipping site preorders. Ugh. Paying $8 more just cuz I wasn't ready lol

Reaction score
The beautiful thing about an extra accessory is that it's "optional", and expands upon the playability factor. Just because it's included doesn't mean you have to display it with him, and at the same time it gives other collectors the option to have two different versions of Maul.

I'm not fussed that it isn't included, heck I got plenty of Darksabers. I just feel it's missed/lost opportunity to expand the universe of play.

It's a good point, and as you mentioned, perceived value also has an impact, but this will surely fly with just the red lightsaber, though they should have packed both to "complete" the character - I don't see them repacking it with just a different accessory later. With so few slots, each release should be their best attempt, so they don't have to revisit it. That said, its an amazing sculpt - it knocks the 5 POA version out of the water. I'd love to see this repainted and retooled into the Solo outfit as well!

Reaction score
I passed on the Mission Series 5poa Mandalore Maul, which wasn't too impressive but did gangbusters on the aftermarket anyway. Nice to see I won't need to keep worrying that maybe I missed out.

Reaction score
Total Effing Sweetness!!! Best likeness of him ever too at the scale by the looks of it! I'm really happy too because it looks like Hasbro is listening to us in their giving him forward tilting wrist joints. Also, I'm especially happy that Hasbro said they wanted to get more Clone Wars figures in TVC, so Force-willing we'll see Savage soon to go alongside his Bro!